in the end, what will the excuse be,
i was lied to
i didn't understand
due to ignorance
nobody showed me
never been taught
when, facing judgement day,
there will be nothing to explain or to justify ones action
for being led astray by the Christian mythology in the book of lies, and rejecting Seen's warning that they have to WORK to attain the spiritual level required to pass judgment.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Im going to have fun with this one!!!

LMAO!!!
causing harm

Las Vegas, NV

#264 May 12, 2013
Christianitie's biggest lie has got to be "hell" though.

Who could disagree with that?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#265 May 12, 2013
causing harm wrote:
<><
Every brain dead atheASSt on this forum.
little lamb

Mentone, Australia

#266 May 12, 2013
causing harm wrote:
Let God be found true and every man a liar...

Seems that is why our faith should be in God and his Christ ..and nothing else.

Two persons rather then a system of religiosity.
Seen is Scared

Conselheiro Lafaiete, Brazil

#270 May 12, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "theory", Im just crazier than a shithouse rat.
Yea you are!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#271 May 13, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts, didn't you post earlier that God makes people who are already damned?
Which is it, liar?
It means God has not given you the gift of salvation.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#272 May 13, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "theory", just God given facts.

thats a cop out,
if you don't have a theory,
then you are only speculating
you, as others when in trouble
the first thing, that comes out is,
i swear to GOD, everybody sees that
swear to GOD,
when lying
when guilty
got busted
playing ignorant
trying to be naive
you can spout what ever you wish,
stop lying to yourself

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#273 May 13, 2013
"Allen Richards"
<><
Ooooh! Look how clever he is. After all these months he understands my location.

well it hasn't been that long,i used to live in elgin

US 62 @ US 81

#274 May 13, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"Allen Richards"
<><
Ooooh! Look how clever he is. After all these months he understands my location.
well it hasn't been that long,i used to live in elgin
<
<><
I'm talking about all the months my signature has read as it does.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#275 May 14, 2013

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#276 May 14, 2013
mztza wrote:
<quoted text>
thats a cop out,
if you don't have a theory,
then you are only speculating
you, as others when in trouble
the first thing, that comes out is,
i swear to GOD, everybody sees that
swear to GOD,
when lying
when guilty
got busted
playing ignorant
trying to be naive
you can spout what ever you wish,
stop lying to yourself
Yes, stop lying to yourself. Now again:

It's kind of funny in some ways,
like majority, of criminals,
they didn't know,
they thought it meant something else or meant for others,
when they get busted
trying to justify it with not understanding
A COP OUT
i was lied to
i didn't understand
due to ignorance
nobody showed me
never been taught
for being led astray by the Christian mythology in the book of lies, and rejecting Seen's warning that they have to WORK to attain the spiritual level required to pass judgment.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#277 May 15, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, stop lying to yourself. Now again:
It's kind of funny in some ways,
like majority, of criminals,
they didn't know,
they thought it meant something else or meant for others,
when they get busted
trying to justify it with not understanding
A COP OUT
i was lied to
i didn't understand
due to ignorance
nobody showed me
never been taught
star reborn, why did you add to my post ?
if you wish, the favor can be returned 2 fold
just being honest with you
how's the saying
what comes around goes around
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

#278 May 15, 2013
Ant wrote:
You atheist get more clueless by each post you make.
Read the bible first and get a understanding.
Isaiah 42 & 53 point to Jesus and many parts of the New testament explain why he had to die.
God divorced Israel in the book of Jeremiah 3 for worshiping other Gods. They could not come bad to him or that would be Adultery. He told them later in that book Jer 9:31-32 that he would make a New Covenant with them. So someone had to die in order for Israel to come back to God. The beginning of Rom 7 explains the concept of adultery as well too.
----------
Hebrews 9
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
----------
This clearly states in order for the New Covenant to begin with what God promised to Israel, Jesus had to die.
I can't get past the fact that there is a discussion taking place re the techncial aspects of this human sacrifice when the discussion should really be about the dysfunction that allows people to speak about the act of human sacrifice as if its okay.....

Because its not!

In any other context, in any other historical setting we have no problems delcaring the act of human sacrifice as barbaric, savage ignorant....it is wrong on every level... no argument.

But in the biblicl context..... not only does is the above ignored....

But what is so fundamentally wrong is now seen as an act of love and something to be praised.....

I'm think about it. For one second put your religious faith aside and simply look at the subject matter....

THE TAKING OF A HUMAN LIFE TO APPEASE A GOD!

C'mon guys..... how can this ever be found acceptable... and worse

I'm told its because we humans are born in sin.... not just any sin but a sin so heinous, so bad that the god of the bible, the very personification of love....

Either cannot or will not forgive us unless a human life is sacrficed......

US 62 @ US 81

#280 May 16, 2013
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get past the fact that there is a discussion taking place re the techncial aspects of this human sacrifice when the discussion should really be about the dysfunction that allows people to speak about the act of human sacrifice as if its okay.....
Because its not!
In any other context, in any other historical setting we have no problems delcaring the act of human sacrifice as barbaric, savage ignorant....it is wrong on every level... no argument.
But what is so fundamentally wrong is now seen as an act of love and something to be praised.....
I'm think about it. For one second put your religious faith aside and simply look at the subject matter....
I'm told its because we humans are born in sin.... not just any sin but a sin so heinous, so bad that the god of the bible, the very personification of love....
<><
Totally wrong on so many levels! Have you ever actually read the Bible? Do you have any clue exactly what happened from the birth of Jesus until His death and resurrrection? Or do you just copy/paste this dog wrap from atheists-r-us? There is a sahying that is appropriate here, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#281 May 16, 2013
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because its not!
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Totally wrong on so many levels! Have you ever actually read the Bible? Do you have any clue exactly what happened from the birth of Jesus until His death and resurrrection? Or do you just copy/paste this dog wrap from atheists-r-us? There is a sahying that is appropriate here, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
You sure are pucked up.

I reread JJJ's post several times and I don't see anything to do with the lifespan of Jesus being mentioned. It was about human sacrifice to appease a god.

They have substance abuse clinics all across the country, you can get help at you know.

US 62 @ US 81

#282 May 16, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You sure are pucked up.
I reread JJJ's post several times and I don't see anything to do with the lifespan of Jesus being mentioned. It was about human sacrifice to appease a god.
They have substance abuse clinics all across the country, you can get help at you know.
<><
Gopher Cures Elf fanned each hit.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#283 May 16, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You sure are pucked up.
i've had my reservations there, and i can personally vouch for them, just mention my name
what goes around, comes around
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

#284 May 16, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
YOur response is a perfect example of the dysfunction that I'm talking about..

I was discussing the issue of 'RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACIFICE' and how wrong it is, how barbaric etc and you come back with...
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text><>< Have you ever actually read the Bible? Do you have any clue exactly what happened from the birth of Jesus until His death and resurrrection?."

Imagaine this scenario.... if you were discussing with me ritualistic Aztec human sacrfice with particular reference to how wrong it was and in reply I asked you..

"Well have you read the holy Aztec scriptures that state etc.....'

You would think that I was a basket case and yet this is exactly what you have done above.....exactly. No reference to the taking of a human life to appease a god....no you want to know have I read the bible.

Oh and by the way.... I've read the bible from cover to cover twice (I admit to skim reading Number, Duet, & Lev the second time around) and I've studied it for decades....it is why I have to come to the conclusion that it is just a book and in comparison to the knowledge we have to day a pretty ignroant book..

Why did I study it..... because I see myself as a spiritual person but certainly not a religious one.

I have a dear friend, a devout xstian who has studied the bible intensely, I mean a min of 4 hours per day for over 30 years, written a couple of books and about to have another one published and we have many, many deep discussions....

Of course he does not agree with my conclusions but he acknowledges my logic....

In fact on one of these forums I was once paid a wonderful compliment by a christian.... he said that while he respected my respectful manner and honesty, he thought that I was an extremely dangerous man to all christians... why?

Because as he said and I quote... " I cannot fault your logic and as such I just have to rely on my faith"

And you know why he could not fault my logic? Not becuase I'm smart... but because what I stated to him was the truth..... and it pretty difficult to argue with the truth.

Even my friend that I have mentioned above.... when I asked him one day how with all the research that he has done and facts that he has dug up how can he still believe and he replied... "I believe becuase I want to" and I can respect that.
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

#285 May 16, 2013
Time and time again I witness debates on the existence of the biblical god and I admit I'm impressed at the scholarly level that these debates are fought on....

But you know what... unless we are willing to accept that the bible is simply a collection of stories... we need to go no further than ,moral principle to disprove the existence of the biblical god...

Because if we believe it is literal then it contradicts moral principle left right and centre.

Just one example, one... The OT god giving the order for what one scholar has called "the holocaust in reverse' to take place...

I mean in one part of the bible I read where god sends in an angel and in one night this angel kills 185,000 trained armed soldiers (one would imagine humanely becuase they don't even wake up)

But when it comes to the nations that he intends to give to the Hebrews....does he use the same method?

No way...instead he tells the Hebrew soldiers that their to commit genocide they they are to put eveyone to death, slaughter women and children....

I won't argue with you whether or not these people were that evil that they deserved die, I mean you probably beleive that you were born in such evil sin that it's going to take a human sacrifice (the ransom) before you can be forgiven but my point....

Why did he not just use another angel to do the dirty deed. What they did back then today would be called genoicde and tried as a war crime...

But just like with ritualistic human sacrifice...

If it's in the biblical context and god says it's okay...then all normal moral consideration goes out the window.

We can't walk around today threatening to kill people because of their religious beleifs...

But we can openly preach about and teach our children to worship a god who is going to just that.... at some stage slaughter non believers at this battle of Armageddon.... and then depending on your brand of faith...

After being slaughtered your soul will burn in hell for all eternity.

But remember 1 John 4:8.... god is love.

US 62 @ US 81

#286 May 16, 2013
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
YOur response is a perfect example of the dysfunction that I'm talking about..
<><
Here you claim you were talking about dysfunction, and in the next sentence you claim you were talking about "Ritualistic human sacrifice" so which is it?
<><
I was discussing the issue of 'RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACIFICE' and how wrong it is, how barbaric etc and you come back with...<quoted text>
Imagaine this scenario.... if you were discussing with me ritualistic Aztec human sacrfice with particular reference to how wrong it was and in reply I asked you...*.*.*.[remainder of irrelevant rant omitted.]
I understand you to be arguing that in the post I responded to, quoted below, you were not specifically talking about the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus but "ritualistic human sacrifice" in general. Although you refer specifically "this [sing.] human sacrifice," "in the biblical context" and "the taking of a human life [sing.] to appease a God [sing.] The topic of this thraed is "Christianity's biggest lie." NOT "The morality of human Sacrifice in the Aztec and other clutures."
JJJ wrote:
Because its not!

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 13 min KAB 1,892
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr Knowledge- 9,320
Christian Bible Question Challenge - # 1 1 hr TheLordsAnointed 36
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 1 hr Blodewedd 209
Design, Nowhere Evident 2 hr blacklagoon 259
Jesus did not claim to be God 2 hr Big Al 317
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 3 hr KAB 5,738
More from around the web