Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes we will. According to Genesis 1, God created day and night before he created the sun.
Also, God covered the Earth with vegetation before the sun was created.
Both of those things are scientifically impossible.
<><
According to Gen 1 God first created light, then designated night and day. No contradiction, no scientific impossibility.
<><
God had already created light when he covered the earth with vegetation. No scietific impossibility.
<><
Every argument that you can copy/paste from atheASSts-r-us was addressed in the article I posted. You can read can't you?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Allen Richards wrote:

So G2 is not exactly a "creation account" to begin with; and this leads to the next question, of whether a single author is responsible for both. In that regard, the evidence indicates a very close unity between G1 and G2, one that indicates either a single redactor or, more likely, a single author. G1 and G2 are indeed linked by a detectable and obvious pattern:
• 1:1-2 Introduction
• 2:4-6 Introduction
• 1:3-5 Light/Darkness
• 2:7 Man/Dust
• 1:6-8 Firmament in Heaven
• 2:8 Garden on Earth
• 1:9-13 water and land, plants
• 2:9-15 plants, water and land
• 1:14-19 luminaries separated
• 2:16-17 two trees separated
• 1:20-3 first creation of animal life
• 2:18 first concern for man's companionship
• 1:24-31 creation continues
• 2:19-22 concern continues
• 2:1-3, 2:23-4 internal patterns
o end of process
o divine involvement
o separation of Sabbath/separation of couples from parents
o blessing of Sabbath/unity of couple
Given these internal clues, we would argue that if any contradiction is found between G1 and G2, it is intentional -- serving a rhetorical or polemical purpose -- and therefore, of no consequence for any supposition of inerrancy.
http://www.tektonics.org/jedp/creationtwo.htm...
End wrote:
<><
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Two different authors, dix tane.
Gohf uckyer self.
<><
Saying two different authors does not make it so. Authorship is addressed in this post.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Is that your best shot, door quad? I have heard better put-downs around 5th graders. Watt appease ash hit.
There are two reasons why you are so aware of what the fifth-graders are doing:

1) You hang out with them because you're on the same mental level as they are, and

2) You ran out of fourth-graders to molest.

OUCH!

You are SO my biotch it isn't funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
According to Gen 1 God first created light, then designated night and day. No contradiction, no scientific impossibility.
<><
God had already created light when he covered the earth with vegetation. No scietific impossibility.
<><
Every argument that you can copy/paste from atheASSts-r-us was addressed in the article I posted. You can read can't you?
1. Without the sun, there cannot be night or day on Earth. The very definitions of 'night' and 'day' show why this is so.

But I'll humor you here for a moment. The Earth was created, and God created light and dark, night and day. After he finished his work on the first day, he shut the light off. The whole enchilada, plunging the Earth into darkness. Or 'evening' as the Holy Babble refers to it.

Then at some point God turned the light back on and started creating more stuff.(I guess he can't work in the dark - so much for the "all-powerful" crap, eh?)

Then he shut the light off again and repeated the process. Then he made the sun so he wouldn't have to keep turning the light on and off. He probably sprained his index finger on the switch on Day Three.

2) Vegetation cannot grow without SUNLIGHT, which is the light given off by our sun. So, before he made the sun, what kind of light did God make? Sunlight? Then why bother creating the sun if its light was already abundant?

Genesis also says that God made the moon to give light at night, but we know that the moon doesn't make its own light. The author of Genesis 1 couldn't have known that.

----------

You must be a mental midget, since you think that I cut and paste every single reply. How is it possible that my specific responses to your retarded posts already exist on the Internet in advance of your posts?

If every word I post is - as you claim - cut and pasted from another s1te, then please show me where "If every word I post is - as you claim - cut and pasted from another s1te" can be found on another site.

Once again I accept your apology, your admission that you were wrong, and your concession to my superior reasoning skills.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Without the sun, there cannot be night or day on Earth.
Thus says the one heading for Hell fire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

little lamb wrote:
In the beginning God created heaven and earth
Don't be misled by a foolishness of atheism that have no insight.
The sun and moon and planets were all created in the beginning.
The second time the sun is mentioned in scripture is for measuring of times and seasons.
Also its to be noted , that God had formed the man , before he placed him into the garden that God himself planted...and it is also noted that he brought the animals he had already created to Adam to let him name them.
Sure, if you use the New International Version. The compilers of that particular version knew there was a problem with the orders of creation in the first two books of Genesis, so they inserted the "had already" bits in.

If you look at the earliest Hebrew text, Genesis 2 is written in chronological order and the past tense is not used.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0102.htm

This is why I can't stomach Christians such as yourself. You alter things to suit your own interpretations and theories, and disregard the original sources.

When read in Hebrew, Genesis 1 and 2 present two different orders of creation. Since there were several competing tribes of Hebrew peoples at that time, this is understandable and expected.

It also explains why there are two (possibly three) separate Flood stories fused together in Genesis chapters 6-10. Haven't you ever wondered why Noah and his entourage enter the Ark for the first time on the day of the Flood, and they also enter the Ark for the first time SEVEN DAYS BEFORE the Flood?

"Noah was six hundred years old when the flood waters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah. And after the seven days the flood waters came on the earth." [Genesis 7:6-10 - They enter the Ark seven days before the Flood.]

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month — on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights. On that very day Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, together with his wife and the wives of his three sons, entered the ark." [Genesis 7:11-13 - They enter the Ark THE VERY DAY that the flood begins. TWO DIFFERENT dates for entering the ark, and both in the same chapter! Someone wasn't paying attention. God should have hired a proofreader! LMAO!]

Haven't you noticed that one chapter says two of each animal went into the ark, and one chapter says seven males and seven females of the clean animals and two males and two females of unclean animals?

Again, that's from the original Hebrew, not an English transliteration.(Compare http://biblos.com/genesis/6-19.htm and http://biblos.com/genesis/7-2.htm

Face facts - Genesis contains several often conflicting stories, stories that were written by different authors.

The Holy Babble isn't the inerrant Word of God, it's a cobbled-together book of myths, legends, and fables.

Get a clue already!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus says the one heading for Hell fire.
Really? You think that there can be day and night on Earth without the sun?

According to Noah Webster, a CHRISTIAN I might add, this is what the word 'night' means:

"the time from dusk to dawn when no sunlight is visible"

SUNLIGHT, moron. LIGHT FROM THE SUN.

The sun is ALWAYS producing light. The authors of Genesis didn't know that, which is why they believed that God created light and "separated" it from darkness.

"Dusk" and "dawn" depend on the existence of the sun as well. You're a BOOB for not knowing that.

And now, some background on Noah Webster:

"His American Dictionary emphasized the virtues of social control over human passions and individualism, submission to authority, and fear of God; they were necessary for the maintenance of the American social order. As he grew older, Webster's attitudes changed from those of an optimistic revolutionary in the 1780s to those of a pessimistic critic of man and society by the 1820s.

"His 1828 American Dictionary contained the greatest number of Biblical definitions given in any reference volume. Webster considered education "useless without the Bible". Webster released his own edition of the Bible in 1833, called the Common Version. He used the King James Version (KJV) as a base and consulted the Hebrew and Greek along with various other versions and commentaries. Webster molded the KJV to correct grammar, replaced words that were no longer used, and did away with words and phrases that could be seen as offensive."

http://books.google.com/books...

I guess Noah Webster is heading for hell fire. Right, moron? You're a stupid and sickening punk. There is no way Jesus would ever choose a bigoted imbecile like you to spread his gospel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
Get a clue already!
And the 'clue' is that you will burn in the Biblical that you deny FOREVER. You will wail FOREVER. Your pain and terror will be FOREVER. Unless you repent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think that there can be day and night on Earth without the sun?
Your Biblically ignorance and arrogance noted.

Your belief in the Biblical eternal Hell fire is not required for your eternal residency therein. Repent, or you will burn in Hell FOREVER.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

"dollarsbill"
And the 'clue' is that you will burn in the Biblical that you deny FOREVER. You will wail FOREVER. Your pain and terror will be FOREVER. Unless you repent.

WTF is a "biblical"?....my pain and terror is listening to holier than thou fundies....

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
"dollarsbill"
WTF is a "biblical"?....my pain and terror is listening to holier than thou fundies....
<><
Then why are you hanging around a Christian forum? If you don't want to hear Chrsians then get your godless sass out of this forum.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Then why are you hanging around a Christian forum? If you don't want to hear Chrsians then get your godless sass out of this forum.
Bravo !!!!!

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
... When read in Hebrew, Genesis 1 and 2 present two different orders of creation. Since there were several competing tribes of Hebrew peoples at that time, this is understandable and expected...
Get a clue already!
<><
How the devil would you know. You could not locate a Hebrew verb if your life depended on it. And you don't know a Hithpael from a hatpin. You get a clue already.
<><
The article I posted addressed all this but you are too chicken to read the article and try to address it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I will "burn in the Biblical"?

What the hell are you smoking, son? We speak English around here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

godless by choice wrote:
my pain and terror is listening to holier than thou fundies....
Your choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
What the hell ...
The Biblical Hell. Now you're catching on!

Matthew 5:30 (NKJV)
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted Genesis 2 in Hebrew, doosh bagg.
Oh, by the way - Ifuhkt yourmudda innerbut. Widda chicken. Andshee liketit.
It seems that all gay defenders are truly this ignorant.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
I see that Topix is hiding my post.
I guess that they are discriminating against me on a religious basis.
Time to call my Lawyer
<><
Let me know where it says you have the right to post on this site? Have you ever read the TOS at the bottom of the page? Maybe your IP was banned because of your filthy language.

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Let me know where it says you have the right to post on this site? Have you ever read the TOS at the bottom of the page? Maybe your IP was banned because of your filthy language.
I doubt the IP address was banned. If it was, I would not be able to respond.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Every one must be treated equally. And have YOU read the TOU?
Filthy mouth? Having a different religion than you is not filthy, and as far as filthy goes the hate speech and talk about gay sex from the christians is filthy.
Since the moderator allows the christians to post hate speech and talk about sex so much they are discriminating on a religious basis, which is against federal law.
Topix is a for profit business operating with in the USA so they are subject to US law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of284
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••