First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 8, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
From my experience many creationists have mental problems, are un educated and are frightened people, this young earth idea is the last bastion for fools & those who wish to control those fools.
I think of poor Giordano Bruno, philosopher and scientist, burnt a live at the stake 400 years ago for heresy because he placed the sun, not the Earth, at the center of the solar system.

Can help but think that in another 100 years creationist will also be nothing but a bad memory.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#3 Oct 9, 2012
“Advocates of the ideas collectively known as ‘creationism’ and, recently,‘intelligent design creationism’ hold a wide variety of views.…No scientific evidence supports these viewpoints.”- U.S. National Academy of Sciences.

"How reluctantly the mind consents to reality!" ~Norman Douglas
Ganonymous

Reading, UK

#4 Oct 9, 2012
I agree. If one becomes a Christian, it is preferable that they become Old-Earth (or Day-Age, as it is sometimes known) Christians.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#6 Oct 9, 2012
Ganonymous wrote:
I agree. If one becomes a Christian, it is preferable that they become Old-Earth (or Day-Age, as it is sometimes known) Christians.
Accepting reality as a fairly decent representation of reality is also an option.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 9, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think of poor Giordano Bruno, philosopher and scientist, burnt a live at the stake 400 years ago for heresy because he placed the sun, not the Earth, at the center of the solar system.
Can help but think that in another 100 years creationist will also be nothing but a bad memory.
A 100 years from now and you won't be relevant, much like today.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 9, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, I'm not religious but I appreciate the teachings of Jesus and most Christians are fine people who care for the less fortunate, it's the sola scriptura brand if the religion that makes them look foolish.
Then you know NOTHING of Sola Scriptura. Scripture does NOT give an age for the earth.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 9, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
From my experience many creationists have mental problems, are un educated and are frightened people, this young earth idea is the last bastion for fools & those who wish to control those fools.
Ahhh but you just love those "menatlly stable" atheists, don't you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/mich...

A math professor at Michigan State University allegedly stripped naked, ran naked through his classroom and screamed "There is no f*cking God!" before police apprehended him, according to several reports.
FSM

Greenvale, Australia

#10 Oct 9, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
Ahhh but you just love those "menatlly stable" atheists, don't you?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/mich...
A math professor at Michigan State University allegedly stripped naked, ran naked through his classroom and screamed "There is no f*cking God!" before police apprehended him, according to several reports.
He's not a TRUE atheist. No true atheist would do that.:)

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know NOTHING of Sola Scriptura. Scripture does NOT give an age for the earth.
Most likely because that was not the intent of the Bible to begin with, to 'tell' us about science, etc.
The message of the Bible is about God's love for mankind and the world He created.
And, one can fit that message into any kind of story, yet the message is still there.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 9, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he will.
God loves him just as much as he loves you.
Burns your gut, I know, still..........

:)
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Sure he will.
God loves him just as much as he loves you.
:)
But he doesn't love God and unless he comes around he will go to hell.

Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 9, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>He's not a TRUE atheist. No true atheist would do that.:)
He's more of an atheist than you and got more b**** too. At least he doesn't care to show what little sense he has.

You do know that atheists tend to lean more to suicide and other mental deficiencies than believers, don't you?

http://conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_mental_h...

The prestigious Mayo Clinic found that that religious involvement and spirituality are associated with better physical health, mental health, health-related quality of life and other health outcomes.[1]
Concerning atheism and mental health, there is considerable amount of scientific evidence that suggest that theism is more conducive to mental health and physical health than atheism (see also: Atheism and health).
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely because that was not the intent of the Bible to begin with, to 'tell' us about science, etc.
The message of the Bible is about God's love for mankind and the world He created.
And, one can fit that message into any kind of story, yet the message is still there.
And what does science have to do with the age of the world? Not a thing. God creasted it billions of years ago. We really don't need science to tell us that. Just go from the first sentence of the bible.

In the BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth.

Doesn't say when, does it?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does science have to do with the age of the world? Not a thing. God creasted it billions of years ago. We really don't need science to tell us that. Just go from the first sentence of the bible.
In the BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth.
Doesn't say when, does it?
It also says he created all the animals and man..........Did man coexist with dinosaurs?

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#18 Oct 10, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
Your comments say nothing at all, just a bunch of hot air ("PROVE IT")!!!
FSM

Greenvale, Australia

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
He's more of an atheist than you and got more b**** too. At least he doesn't care to show what little sense he has.
You do know that atheists tend to lean more to suicide and other mental deficiencies than believers, don't you?
http://conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_mental_h...
The prestigious Mayo Clinic found that that religious involvement and spirituality are associated with better physical health, mental health, health-related quality of life and other health outcomes.[1]
Concerning atheism and mental health, there is considerable amount of scientific evidence that suggest that theism is more conducive to mental health and physical health than atheism (see also: Atheism and health).
From your link:

"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, ALL ARE FORMER SOVIET/COMMUNIST nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia."

A correlation doesn't always indicate causality. Perhaps your suicide stats have more to do with Russian culture or communism than atheism. You'll need to dig a little deeper to find the truth.
Ganonymous

Reading, UK

#20 Oct 10, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Accepting reality as a fairly decent representation of reality is also an option.
Mm, yes, well...
I myself am a Christian, although I am certainly not a young earth creationist. I'm with the atheists on this one.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
In 100 years none of us will be around, probably none of our children either, not in heaven or in hell.

What I can’t understand is that good religious people can accept to harbour that many extreme opinions among the religious communities.
Why can’t these good people take action and wipe them out?

Some of these idiots are even trying to enter political positions.
Haven’t we seen enough from their side already?
Could we trust their cognitive capability more in politics?

Creationism is idiocy, we have all the valid proofs and indicia on evolution, but when it comes to creationism there is only opinions and ancient tales with origin among tribes out in the dessert.
Yes, these ancient stories are served with “tasty spices” at religious gatherings, but still at the bottom line it is the same ancient nonsense.

There is nothing scientifically valid about creationism.
Human Ape

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Oct 14, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
It's obvious creationists are insane cowards, and their stupidity burns. In Idiot America where I live they are about 50% of the population. And most other Americans think supernatural magic is a mechanism of evolution. It's impossible to be more retarded than an American.
Human Ape

Pompano Beach, FL

#24 Oct 14, 2012
Ganonymous wrote:
There are Christians who don't think the entire universe was magically created out of nothing 6,000 years ago but they are still insane. All Christians are cowards who can't exist without their childish idiotic magical heaven fantasy (which makes terrorism possible).

Just imagine how incredibly stupid a person has to be to believe in the Magic Jeebus Man.

There is not one Christian fantasy that isn't anti-science. All Christians are idiots and their death cult needs to be eradicated.

http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
From The Desk Of Pastor LDM 8 min dollarsbill 37
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 40 min dollarsbill 1,907
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 41 min dollarsbill 44
Christians mentally block out this verse. 46 min Passing thru 83
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Sundog512 18,476
Imagine that you had to tell an alien about God... 4 hr Son-Of-Eternity 470
sex talk addiction 6 hr dollarsbill 126
The Dumbest Creationist on Earth 15 hr passerby 553
Christian Topix forum? 16 hr NDanger 296
More from around the web