New Orleans cuisine: spiritual fun

New Orleans cuisine: spiritual fun

Posted in the Christian Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Jan 19, 2013
New Orleans is a culturally special city in the United States and perhaps the festive gem of the rich American state of Louisiana.

New Orleans is well known for its distinct French Creole architecture, as well as its cross-cultural and multilingual heritage. New Orleans is also famous for its cuisine, music (particularly as the birthplace of jazz), and its annual celebrations and festivals, most notably Mardi Gras. The city is often referred to as the "most unique" in America (source: Wikipedia).

New Orleans residents enjoy a festive cultural atmosphere that combines elements of French, African, and southern American perspectives. Indeed, this unusual mixing contributes to creating the "worldly" quality of special New Orleans cuisine, a great regional cuisine that is in many ways as special as Tex-Mex and New England seafood and perhaps more emotionally intriguing.

New Orleans cuisine most notable boasts the distinct "gumbo" dish --- a stew-like medley combining perhaps pork, rice, carrots, okra, and various earthy spices. Added to this hearty gumbo world are various savory French bread sandwiches and rich Cajun crawfish and hearty rice jambalaya.

I've never been to New Orleans. I've lived in the Middle States most of my life, but after seeing some films about New Orleans, reading about Mardi Gras, and researching New Orleans cuisine, I can't think of a more economically interesting place to open a fun bistro and take in a culturally-rich Hollywood (USA) movie such as "Coming to America" (1988).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!
Abishai100

Changsha, China

#2 Dec 27, 2013
I've never been to New Orleans. I've lived in the Middle States most of my life, but after seeing some films about New Orleans, reading about Mardi Gras, and researching New Orleans cuisine, I can't think of a more economically interesting place to open a fun bistro and take in a culturally-rich Hollywood (USA) movie such as "Coming to America" (1988).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 43 min KAB 9,194
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 1 hr little lamb 69
Evidence Against God (Jan '16) 1 hr KAB 4,402
Nettie's Pit Stop (Jan '12) 1 hr Poof1 27,321
Jesus did not claim to be God 2 hr Barnsweb 298
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr Barnsweb 213
Is it possible for Jesus to be Messiah and Rabbi 2 hr Atheistgirl 29
More from around the web