of 2
Next Last

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#33 Jul 29, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a Christian's role in your opinion?
According to everything the Bible says to be.
You can't nick-pick what you want to suit you and then disregard the rest conveniently.
If you can't express God's love with mercy and forgiveness towards others then the effort to express the fear of God's wrath & judgment and his hatred towards sin is meaningless thus the message will always fall on deaf ears.
Hate is easy to wield,even for Christian but to be a Christian is to be like Christ.
For if Christ can forgive those who persecuted & ridiculed him as he was hanging on the cross then so must Christians forgive those who persecute & ridicule them because of him.
The true message has and always will be that we have a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun and that Jesus Christ is the way and the truth.
No one goes to the Father except thru him,Jesus Christ.
Also,Jesus did not come to condemn and damn sinners to Hell but by believing in him and walking in righteousness you will not perish but will have eternal life.
Jesus My Lord

Costa Mesa, CA

#34 Jul 29, 2013
American women can be good Christians and I have met many. It is such a blessing to find one. I also have met so many women from other countries and they frown and look down on the confused nature of American women.

Many women choose lesbianism, because they do not want to live in the role of a woman. They are lost without a head. It is a blessing for a woman to be led by a man of God. Remember, our leader Christ Jesus died for us and took that lead role.

I have seen so many many, whom idiot feminists call chauvinists, who reach over and protect their women, when he has to break fast. This is done as a natural instinct to protect.

Husbands are the head of the house, but husbands serve your wives even as Christ the head of the church serves the church.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#35 Jul 29, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
by believing in him and walking in righteousness you will not perish but will have eternal life.
Do you?
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Jul 30, 2013
God create woman as a helper for man. He commanded husbands to love their wves as Christ loves the church. No where in the Bible are men told to treat women badly. Any man that is abusing a woman is NOT acting on Biblical authority.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#37 Jul 30, 2013
HappyMrsJ wrote:
God create woman as a helper for man. He commanded husbands to love their wves as Christ loves the church. No where in the Bible are men told to treat women badly. Any man that is abusing a woman is NOT acting on Biblical authority.
Amen!

Location hidden

#38 Jul 30, 2013
HappyMrsJ wrote:
No where in the Bible are men told to treat women badly.
Bull.

According to Scripture,

1) If a woman isn't a virgin on her wedding night, she must be stoned to death.

2) If a woman is raped and no one hears her cry out, she must be stoned to death.

3) If a priest's daughter is promiscuous, she must be burned to death.

4) If a man is being attacked by another man and his wife tries to protect her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, you must cut off her hand.

5) Any woman who gives birth to a child must undergo a purification ritual lest her "uncleanness" contaminate others. This not only entails her isolation, but also payments to priests for the ritual acts. If a woman bears a female child, her isolation must last twice as long as that if she gives birth to a male child. Female babies are, according to Scripture, "less clean" than male babies.

6) Women must be silent in church, must not be allowed to teach (or preach), and must never usurp a man's authority.

The Bible was written by men whose purpose was to retain control of their women, whom they treated as property.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#39 Jul 30, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
According to Scripture,
Since you didn't cite Scripture it's 'according to' YOU.
The Seven Spirits of God

San Antonio, TX

#40 Jul 31, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you didn't cite Scripture it's 'according to' YOU.
My God, the God of all the heavens and the heaven and the earth.

I ask you to give me all the blessings of this soul and the blessings of all their family, that they do not use everyday to bless your beautiful name. I will take them and use them to bless your beautiful name everyday. Where as they do not. Then take the rewards of me blessing your name with the blessings they had that they did not use to bless your name, and give it to them.

amen

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#41 Jul 31, 2013
The Seven Spirits of God wrote:
No, stupid I am obsessed with making you eat your own dung.
How sad.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#42 Jul 31, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>According to everything the Bible says to be.
You can't nick-pick what you want to suit you and then disregard the rest conveniently.
If you can't express God's love with mercy and forgiveness towards others then the effort to express the fear of God's wrath & judgment and his hatred towards sin is meaningless thus the message will always fall on deaf ears.
Hate is easy to wield,even for Christian but to be a Christian is to be like Christ.
For if Christ can forgive those who persecuted & ridiculed him as he was hanging on the cross then so must Christians forgive those who persecute & ridicule them because of him.
The true message has and always will be that we have a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun and that Jesus Christ is the way and the truth.
Also,Jesus did not come to condemn and damn sinners to Hell but by believing in him and walking in righteousness you will not perish but will have eternal life.
There weren't any Christians around in the Old Testament or during His earthly ministry. So what exactly is a Christian's role considering Jesus didnt acknowledge such a group to begin with?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#43 Jul 31, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>According to everything the Bible says to be.
* didn't

“Still Politically Incorrect”

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#44 Jul 31, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
There weren't any Christians around in the Old Testament or during His earthly ministry. So what exactly is a Christian's role considering Jesus didnt acknowledge such a group to begin with?
Did I just answered that same exact question for you?
I believe I did.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

So there is no need of you to ask the same question when I have already answered it.
Whether they were called Christians back then or not is beside the point here,it is the characteristics,devotion and obedience is what I was referring to.
You have to live by example to others and when you go out and witness for the Lord you can't just say,"Repent or you will burn in Hell!" and then leave it at that nor can you just say,"Jesus loves you!" and then leave it at that either.
It would be like your parents giving you the keys to the car with the driver's manual then have you be on your own to learn how to drive without guidance or supervision.
Just give you the keys and say,"you're on your own."

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#45 Jul 31, 2013
The Seven Spirits of God wrote:
Women are mere slaves to men, they were made to worship and serve and please their men. Christian are commanded to do this and will judged harshly for not worshipping their Husbands.
Verses:
For man was not created for woman's sake, but woman for man's.
Neither was the man created for the woman, but the woman for the man.
For also man was not created for the sake of the woman, but woman for the sake of the man
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
1 Corinthians 11:9
Women were made to be slaves of men , serve, please and worship!!! Man was not made for the women. This is recorded in the NEW TESTAMENT!!!!Read your black book!!!!!! You are slaves!!!
American Women have more rights than Biblical Women. American have rights and property ownership, the Man in the bible own the women 100 percent and they no rights, they are mere slaves.
Islamic Women fit more of the bible than American Women.
This is what happens when you take old jewish laws and try to apply them to the advances in human rights mankind has made....you get stupidity.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#46 Jul 31, 2013
Pay no attention to the little old troll in the corner.
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#47 Aug 1, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
According to Scripture,
1) If a woman isn't a virgin on her wedding night, she must be stoned to death.
2) If a woman is raped and no one hears her cry out, she must be stoned to death.
3) If a priest's daughter is promiscuous, she must be burned to death.
4) If a man is being attacked by another man and his wife tries to protect her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, you must cut off her hand.
5) Any woman who gives birth to a child must undergo a purification ritual lest her "uncleanness" contaminate others. This not only entails her isolation, but also payments to priests for the ritual acts. If a woman bears a female child, her isolation must last twice as long as that if she gives birth to a male child. Female babies are, according to Scripture, "less clean" than male babies.
6) Women must be silent in church, must not be allowed to teach (or preach), and must never usurp a man's authority.
The Bible was written by men whose purpose was to retain control of their women, whom they treated as property.
Those are not Gods laws, those are the Levitical laws. And, they're OT. Christians follow the teachings in the NT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth is difficult, I understand. 9 min Jake999 41
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 4 hr Barmsweb 1,663
Faith during hard times 11 hr blacklagoon 107
the pauline paradox 13 hr susanblange 85
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 13 hr blacklagoon 142
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 15 hr Big Al 2,460
George Washington and the duty of prayer 17 hr Big Al 9
More from around the web