BISHOP Romney

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe it is a little more involed than that, but IMO, people voting on "hot button" social issues, in both parties are doing screwing this coutry.
How was Oktoberfest?
Agreed...the "Spin Doctors" know how to push buttons. Politics has become nothing but "Smoke and Mirrors"...who can dance the best without getting caught...

Oktoberfest was a blast but only a small part of a great time...may need to go thru spin dry for alcohol, high cholesterol, etc :-)

But, what can one do when our host went to the bakery "every" morning for fresh baked hard rolls for breakfast, fresh cake / Torte "every" afternoon around 3 with coffee along with a "few" rounds of German bier every night?

Why I cry, WHY did I come home?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

FSM wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not. I know how to look up the meaning of English translations of the bible in their original languages through Hebrew and Greek lexicons. As far as formal qualifications, I have none that are relevant to the bible.
1. Are you a Hebrew and/or Greek language expert? If yes, what are your formal qualifications?
2. Were the gospel authors experts on Hebrew prophecy? If yes, how do you know?
3. Can anyone accurately interpret the bible without being an expert in Hebrew/Greek/bible prophecy/etc? If so, how? If not, what do you think of the 90+% Christians with no formal education relevant to the bible? Is their faith complete/true/accurate?
They've been at it 2500 years and they are yet to find anyone who can accurately interpret the Bible.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...the "Spin Doctors" know how to push buttons. Politics has become nothing but "Smoke and Mirrors"...who can dance the best without getting caught...
Oktoberfest was a blast but only a small part of a great time...may need to go thru spin dry for alcohol, high cholesterol, etc :-)
But, what can one do when our host went to the bakery "every" morning for fresh baked hard rolls for breakfast, fresh cake / Torte "every" afternoon around 3 with coffee along with a "few" rounds of German bier every night?
Why I cry, WHY did I come home?
Not me. The only two beers I had in a month were the day you told me you were gonna be partying. Gloria cooks with pig fat. I should drink more beer. Never was no alcoholic ever died of hardened arteries.

Welcome back.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Church is the Body of Christ
Romans 12:4-5 - though many, we are one body in Christ
1 Corinthians 6:15 - don't you know that your bodies are members of Christ
1 Corinthians 12:20-27 - you are Christ's body, individually parts of it
Ephesians 5:30 - we are members of his body
Colossians 1:18 - He is the head of the Body, the Church
spacer_graphictop
The Church must be one.
John 10:16 - there shall be one fold and one shepherd
John 17:17-23 - I pray that they may be one, as we are one
John 17:23 - that they may be brought to perfection as one
Romans 12:5 - we, though many, are one body in Christ
Romans 15:5 - God grant you to think in harmony with one another
Romans 16:17 - avoid those who create dissensions
1 Corinthians 1:10 - I urge you that there be no divisions among you
1 Corinthians 12:13 - in one spirit we were baptized into one body
Ephesians 4:4-6 -There is one Body, one Spirit, just as one hope is the goal of your calling by God. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all, over all, through all and within all.
Philippians 2:2 - be of same mind, united in heart, thinking one thing
Colossians 3:15 - the peace into which you were called in one body
St. Cyprian (c. 250AD)- "God is one and Christ in one, and one is His Church, and the faith is one, and His people welded together by the glue of concord into a solid unity of body. Unity cannot be rent asunder, nor can the one body of the Church, through the division of its structure, be divided into separate pieces." (On the Unity of the Church, 23)
Tertullian (c. 197AD)- "We are a society with a single religious feeling, a single unity of discipline, a single bond of hope," (Apology 39, 1)
St. Hilary (c. 4th century)- "In the Scriptures our people are shown to be made one, so that just as many grains collected into one and ground and mingled together, make one loaf, so in Christ, who is the heavenly bread, we know there is one holy, in which our whole company is joined and united" (Treatise 62, 13)
Um, you err not knowing scripture...This is speaking of the body of Christ which are all followers of Christ ma'am, muslims are not following Christ neither are all the rest of the religions of the earth. That coxist crap is a dream thought up by man that possibly might happen here on earth but it doesn't exist in God's econemy. Meaning religions work to merge together as one just as the NWO...but God ain't having in in His kingdom. They will merge together here on earth to get gather up with the wicked to be burned.smh
ITB

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that's really none of your business, is it? I won't vote for Obama, so IF I vote....
So, IF you vote...If you DON'T vote, you have no right to complain or have any voice about what happens.
Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ITB wrote:
<quoted text>
So, IF you vote...If you DON'T vote, you have no right to complain or have any voice about what happens.
I still have freedom of speech. I can complain all I want.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have freedom of speech. I can complain all I want.
Yes you can REV Phelps, kill any children as of late?
Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can REV Phelps, kill any children as of late?
You brainwashed any lately?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169
Oct 11, 2012
 
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...the "Spin Doctors" know how to push buttons. Politics has become nothing but "Smoke and Mirrors"...who can dance the best without getting caught...
Oktoberfest was a blast but only a small part of a great time...may need to go thru spin dry for alcohol, high cholesterol, etc :-)
But, what can one do when our host went to the bakery "every" morning for fresh baked hard rolls for breakfast, fresh cake / Torte "every" afternoon around 3 with coffee along with a "few" rounds of German bier every night?
Why I cry, WHY did I come home?
I had the pleasure of being at the Hofbrauhaus in Munich in '62 for Oktoberfest. Es war sehr wunderschoen.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have freedom of speech. I can complain all I want.
If you don't vote then you have no right to complain when you start losing your rights. If you weren't interested enough to do your civic duty by voting, then you have no right to complain. Our Founding Fathers gave you thar Freedom of Speech. It was hard earned. Go ahead and throw it away. Let 's ALL stop voting and
just turn our country over to a dictator. Hopefully you'll be the first one thrown in jail for exercising your now lost Freedom of Speech. Clueless.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#171
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You brainwashed any lately?
LOL, read yer buybull some more Wayne.
Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#172
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't vote then you have no right to complain when you start losing your rights. If you weren't interested enough to do your civic duty by voting, then you have no right to complain. Our Founding Fathers gave you thar Freedom of Speech. It was hard earned. Go ahead and throw it away. Let 's ALL stop voting and
just turn our country over to a dictator. Hopefully you'll be the first one thrown in jail for exercising your now lost Freedom of Speech. Clueless.
It's none of your BUSINESS if I vote or not. That plain enough for you? So if I complain you won't know if I have voted or not and that will just drive you stark raving mad, won't it? LMAO

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
It's none of your BUSINESS if I vote or not. That plain enough for you? So if I complain you won't know if I have voted or not and that will just drive you stark raving mad, won't it? LMAO
Wayne is just searching for fellow stark raving mad friends such as himself.
Pay him no mind.
Throw him a cookie.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#174
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne is just searching for fellow stark raving mad friends such as himself.
Pay him no mind.
Throw him a cookie.
Miss Nettie, don't you have zoo's in Alabama? YOU SHOULD NOT FEED THE MONKEYS
FSM

Doncaster, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#175
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Allen Richards wrote:
No gymnastics at all! A disciple of Jesus interpreted Matt 2:15 as a parallel to Jesus in the NT. Your objections are meaningless compared to a follower of Jesus.
Logical fallacy. Argument from authority.
Allen Richards wrote:
Did all the Israelites "sacrificed to the Baals and .... burned incense to images?"
Probably not. Does that even matter? It's a general statement about a people group.
Allen Richards wrote:
Was not Jesus the prophesied Prophet like Moses?
It's a possibility.
Allen Richards wrote:
Note a parallel is not a "prophesy!"
Understood. Still, picking a small portion of OT scripture completely out of context shouldn't mean much to an objective observer. IMO it seems like clumsy apologetics. While that may be just an unsubstantiated opinion to you, I think its a reasonable one.
Allen Richards wrote:
Which Jews would that be?
Take your pick. I'm not sure why you want me to look up names. For 2000 years, there have been Jews who were/are unconvinced about claims that Jesus is the messiah. Why are their views less valid than those of the gospel authors?
FSM

Doncaster, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sola Scriptura wrote:
I know atheists hate to hear this but I don't care. YOU don't have the Holy Spirit to guide you in understanding the scriptures. Until you do, you will NEVER understand it.
Allen Richards: "Faith and Bible translation are not the same thing!"

You know what, he's absolutely right. There are parts of the bible I understand a lot better than many believers. If you pick the right topic, I can corner, confuse, and quiten a number of Christians using only the bible.
FSM

Doncaster, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
They've been at it 2500 years and they are yet to find anyone who can accurately interpret the Bible.
IMO the idea of looking for a singular correct interpretation is a mistake. The bible is a book of philosophy and wisdom from the perspective of ancient men. Nothing more, nothing less. In that light, it's an interesting book full of useful information. When people claim it as absolute truth or an instruction manual for life, they're completely missing the point.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#178
Oct 12, 2012
 
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Allen Richards: "Faith and Bible translation are not the same thing!"
You know what, he's absolutely right. There are parts of the bible I understand a lot better than many believers. If you pick the right topic, I can corner, confuse, and quiten a number of Christians using only the bible.
Of course you can. Nobody ever accused us Christians of being the sharpest knives in the drawer.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Logical fallacy. Argument from authority.
Citing an OT verse intereted by a NT author is NOT "Argument from authority." The Bible is the authority
Probably not. Does that even matter? It's a general statement about a people group.
It was a reference to what happened to a relatively small segment of Israel, not the majority.
Understood. Still, picking a small portion of OT scripture completely out of context shouldn't mean much to an objective observer. IMO it seems like clumsy apologetics. While that may be just an unsubstantiated opinion to you, I think its a reasonable one.
I'm sure you think your opinion is reasonable but you are trying to reinterpret scripture.
Take your pick. I'm not sure why you want me to look up names. For 2000 years, there have been Jews who were/are unconvinced about claims that Jesus is the messiah. Why are their views less valid than those of the gospel authors?
Why do you think the views of as yet unidentified "Jews" more valid than the gospel authors?
FSM

Doncaster, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#180
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Of course you can. Nobody ever accused us Christians of being the sharpest knives in the drawer.
LOL. You're pretty sharp 15th DL, but I've got a few decades to catch up.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
++++++++ MESSAGE to CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++++++ 2 min anon 107
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 2 min Sundog512 77,431
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 13 min 15th Dalai Lama 5,876
Mormons are cool 18 min 28 yr Midlo Resident 42
Who or what is the Son of Man 2 hr Flygerian 481
Who Believes The Planet Is 6000 Years Old? 2 hr Gary Coaldigger 28
Do right. 3 hr Thinking 1
•••
•••
•••
•••