Why are you looking forward to heaven?
JPZ

Zirconia, NC

#427 Apr 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of the "nonsense ended up in the word of god".
Christians believe that the Bible is primarily revelation from God that happened in history.
Like all the examples you ignored in post 414? That was plenty for a start and we can dig up plenty more but you will just ignore them also. No ALL Christians most certainly do not think the bible is a revelation from god but clearly you do.
JPZ

Zirconia, NC

#428 Apr 3, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT A GOOF!
The Bible isn't a book of census count.
<quoted text>
You 'stupid azz boy'.
Don't lie to yourself, you do deny God.
Translation= The bible is full of contradictory lies and it is impossible to answer this question with the book of lies. If it was the word of god and it said someone floated up into heaven (don't laugh) it would be true.

I don't lie to myself or anyone and I definitely deny your make believe bible god and would kick him in the balls if he wasn't a myth. I'm open to the possibility of a creator but your sky fairy is completely ruled out just as much as any other fake god of man made religion.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#429 Apr 3, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on to something.
Taking the next step isn't too difficult, but it requires commitment.
The kingdom of God is nearer than you think.
I was educated in the general Christian interpretation of the Bible for many years and believed until events in my life caused me to start thinking about the things I was taught.

"Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being." -Thomas Jefferson
JPZ

Zirconia, NC

#430 Apr 3, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll keep it on a third grade level for you.
Whether you understand or not, I can't help.
Jesus ascended to heaven from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a sabbath day’s journey away.
You would already know this if you've ever read the Bible.
ps:'where' is not spelled 'were'.
'Third grade level'!,......chuckle, snort, snort. LOL!
You can't even work Topix spell check. LOL!
Thanks for playing are you smarter than a third grader but you failed, Sorry! First I love how you pointed out a typo because you can't debate the facts and quote the bible at the same time. That didn't make you look desperate at all! LOL Look at the same post you found the typo and the sentence just above the typo has the 'h' in 'where' dumbazz. Now I didn't know Topix had a spell check and wouldn't use it if they did because I don't care about spelling even though I can spell quite well. What I want to know from you genius is how would a spell checker find a typo that is a correctly spelled word? Where and were both spelled right you dumbazz, go back to the third grade.

Did you pay attention to the questions? Why did you quote Acts? It is thought (by some not all) that the anonymous author of Luke also wrote Acts but Luke was written first right? Luke says he ascended from Bethany and was written before Acts right. Did you see the part about the stories getting more miraculous and detailed?

Why didn't you quote any other anonymous gospels? Did Jesus ascending from a private room in Jerusalem on the same Sunday he was resurrected not sound miraculous enough? Why did other gospels not say he ascended at all? That would of been the biggest miracle in the whole bible right? You couldn't overlook Jesus floating around in the sky and every person and historical writer would know exactly where he ascended. Not a word except from the contradictory bible stories, big shocker there!

You're not doing to good even starting with the ez third grade questions. So where exactly did Jesus first appear to the apostles?
JPZ

Zirconia, NC

#431 Apr 3, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no concept of circular reasoning.
Talk about exposing the inadequacies of your limited understanding!
You can't even differentiate between books written as fiction and those non-fiction.
One more wasted product of public school systems.
A huge amount of stuff in the bible is a lie so yes it is fiction. You in denial that its fiction is comedy! LOL
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#432 Apr 3, 2013
JPZ wrote:
<quoted text>A huge amount of stuff in the bible is a lie so yes it is fiction. You in denial that its fiction is comedy! LOL
More nonsense.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#433 Apr 3, 2013
JPZ wrote:
<quoted text>Like all the examples you ignored in post 414? That was plenty for a start and we can dig up plenty more but you will just ignore them also. No ALL Christians most certainly do not think the bible is a revelation from god but clearly you do.
Lets look at some of the things you wrote at 414:
"The creator of the universe wouldn't be sexist and treat women like sex slaves and telling them to keep their mouth shut in church. The creator of the universe wouldn't make laws governing the buying, selling and beating of other human beings as slaves! The creator of the universe would have know some people are born gay."

Do you know the cultural background for these things?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#434 Apr 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
More nonsense.
Who is your favorite American novelist?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#435 Apr 3, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no concept of circular reasoning.
Talk about exposing the inadequacies of your limited understanding!
You can't even differentiate between books written as fiction and those non-fiction.
One more wasted product of public school systems.
Just because you percieve it as non fiction doesn't mean it is. And you should totally learn what an analogy is and what it is intended for.

One more wasted product of home schooling.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#436 Apr 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of the "nonsense ended up in the word of god".
Christians believe that the Bible is primarily revelation from God that happened in history.
Here you go, Jeff:

Genesis 2:22 God made a woman from the rib
Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said
Genesis 6:4 There were giants
Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life

The point being, if you don't have a half dozen favorite novelists from as many countries you can't tell fact from fiction.

While it is true some Christians believe the events in the Bible actually happened in history and some simply accept it most Christians know it is riddled with myth and legend.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#437 Apr 4, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, Jeff:
Genesis 2:22 God made a woman from the rib
Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said
Genesis 6:4 There were giants
Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life
The point being, if you don't have a half dozen favorite novelists from as many countries you can't tell fact from fiction.
While it is true some Christians believe the events in the Bible actually happened in history and some simply accept it most Christians know it is riddled with myth and legend.
Ok. Show me using science that the things you mentioned in Genesis are impossible.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#438 Apr 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Show me using science that the things you mentioned in Genesis are impossible.
We're not talking about science, Jeff. Talking science to you is a waste of time since the only thing you know about science is your against it.

We're talking the stuff fairy tales are made of.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#439 Apr 5, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-m...
Do u have any scientific proof of a spirit world?
Hello Cvor, Sorry it's been so long. I have been on vaca... How are you?
ps. I saw that you asked me a question on another thread about two weeks ago. I will try and answer it, if i can find it... lol :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440 Apr 5, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>

We're talking the stuff fairy tales are made of.
I like 'some' fairy tales. Can you elaborate?:)

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#441 Apr 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No third grader could refute the resurrection nor the smartest man on the planet. The reason is that the evidence is to strong.
One account mentions one angel and another 2. There is no problem with this. Another angel showed up after the first one. This kind of reporting is not uncommon even today in news accounts. What is important is that core events are the same in each of the resurrection accounts.
The other so called "gospels" were never accepted by the early church since they were never written by an apostle or one associated with an apostle.
If the Koran was ever scrutinized like the Bible it would fall apart. It does not have the historical or manuscript evidence that the NT has. Not even close.
Are you willing to put your beliefs on the line for scrutiny? Are you willing to have them examined closely? let me know if you are.
81. Peter’s third denial was to several bystanders. Mt.26:73,74; Mk.14:69,70.
It was to one person. Lk.22:59,60.
It was to a servant. Jn.18:26,27.
82. The chief priests bought the field. Mt.27:6,7.
Judas bought the field. Acts 1:16-19.
83. Judas threw down the money and left. Mt.27:5.
Judas used the coins to buy the field. Acts 1:18.
84. Judas hanged himself. Mt.27:5.
Judas fell headlong and burst his head open. Acts 1:18.
85. Jesus did not answer any of the charges. Mt.27:12-14; Lk.23:9.
Jesus answered some of the charges. Mk.14:61,62.
Jesus answered all of the charges. Jn.18:33-37.
86. Jesus said that eternal life would be given to all that were given to him. Jn.11:27-29; Jn.17:12.
Jesus released Judas in order to keep this promise. Jn.18:5-9.
87. The chief priests and elders persuade the people. Mt.27:20.
Only the chief priests persuade the people. Mk.15:11.
The chief priests and the people persuade themselves. Lk.23:13-23.
88. Jesus is given a scarlet robe. Mt.27:28.
Jesus is given a purple robe. Mk.15:17; Jn.19:2.
Jesus is given a gorgeous robe. Lk.23:11.
89. The sign says,“This is Jesus the King of the Jews”. Mt.27:37.
The sign says,“The King of the Jews”. Mk.15:26.
In three languages, the sign says,“This is the King of the Jews”. Lk.23:38.
In the same three languages, the sign says,“Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews”. Jn.19:19,20.
90. Jesus asks God, The Father, why he has forsaken him. Mt.27:46.
Jesus said that he and The Father were one in the same. Jn.10:30; Jn.17:11,21,22.
91. The centurion says,“Truly this was the son of God”. Mt.27:54.
The centurion says,“Truly this man was the son of God”. Mk.15:39.
The centurion says,“Certainly, this was a righteous man”. Lk.23:47.
There was no centurion. Jn.19:31-37.
92. Jesus was crucified at the third hour. Mk.15:25.
Jesus was still before Pilate at the sixth hour. Jn.19:13,14.
93. The women looked on from “afar”. Mt.27:55; Mk.15:40; Lk.23:49.
The women were very close. Jn.19:25.
94. The last recorded words of Jesus were:
Version 1:“Eli, Eli …My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mt.27:46.
Version 2:“Eloi, Eloi…My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mk.15:34.
Version 3:“Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”. Lk.23:46.
Version 4:“It is finished”. Jn.19:30.
95. A guard was placed at the tomb the day after the burial. Mt.27:65,66.
No guard is mentioned. Mk.15:44-47; Lk.23:52-56; Jn.19:38-42.
96. Only those keeping the words of Jesus will never see death. Jn.8:51.
Jesus’ disciples will be killed. Mt.24:3-9.
All men die once. Heb.9:27.
97. Upon their arrival, the stone was still in place. Mt.28:1 2.
Upon their arrival, the stone had been removed. Mk.16:4; Lk.24:2; Jn.20:1.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#442 Apr 8, 2013
Part II

98. There was an earthquake. Mt.28:2.
There was no earthquake. Mk.16:5; Lk.24:2-4; Jn.20:12.
99. The visitors ran to tell the disciples. Mt.28:8.
The visitors told the eleven and all the rest. Lk.24:9.
The visitors said nothing to anyone. Mk.16:8.
100. Jesus first resurrection appearance was right at the tomb. Jn.20:12-14.
Jesus first resurrection appearance was fairly near the tomb. Mt.28:8,9.
Jesus first resurrection appearance was on the road to Emmaus. Lk.24:13-16.
101. One doubted. Jn.20:24.
Some doubted. Mt.28:17.
All doubted. Mk.16:11; Lk.24:11,14.
102. Jesus said that his blood was shed for many. Mk.14:24.
Jesus said his blood was shed for his disciples. Lu.22:20.
103. Simon of Cyrene was forced to bear the cross of Jesus. Mt.27:32; Mk.15:21; Lu.23:26.
Jesus bore his own cross. Jn.19:16,17.
104. Jesus was offered vinegar and gall to drink. Mt.27:34.
Jesus was offered vinegar to drink. Jn.19:29,30.
Jesus was offered wine and myrrh to drink. Mk.15:23.
105. Jesus refused the drink offered him. Mk.15:23.
Jesus tasted the drink offered and then refused. Mt.27:34.
Jesus accepted the drink offered him. Jn.19:30.
106. Both “thieves” mocked Jesus on the cross. Mt. 27:44; Mk.15:32.
One “thief” sided with Jesus on the cross. Lu.23:39-41.
107. Joseph of Arimathaea boldly asked for the body of Jesus. Mk.15:43.
Joseph of Arimathaea secretly asked for the body of Jesus. Jn.19:38.
108. Jesus was laid in a nearby tomb. Mk.15:46; Lu.23:53; Jn.19:41.
Jesus was laid in Joseph’s new tomb. Mt.27:59,60.
109. A great stone was rolled in front of the tomb. Mt.27:60; Mk.15:46.
There was nothing in front of the tomb. Lu.23:55; Jn.19:41.
110. Nicodemus prepared the body with spices. Jn.19:39,40.
Failing to notice this, the women bought spices to prepare the body later. Mk. 16:1; Lu.23:55,56.
111. The body was anointed. Jn.19:39,40.
The body was not anointed. Mk.15:46 to 16:1; Lk.23:55 to 24:1.
112. The women bought materials before the sabbath. Lu.23:56.
The women bought materials after the sabbath. Mk.16:1.
113. Jesus was first seen by Cephas, then the twelve. 1 Cor.15:5.
Jesus was first seen by the two Marys. Mt.28:1,8,9.
Jesus was first seen by Mary Magdalene. Mk.16:9; Jn.20:1,14,15.
Jesus was first seen by Cleopas and others. Lu.24:17,18.
Jesus was first seen by the disciples. Acts 10:40,41.
114. The two Marys went to the tomb. Mt.28:1.
The two Marys and Salome went to the tomb. Mk.16:1.
Several women went to the tomb. Lu.24:10.
Only Mary Magdalene went to the tomb. Jn.20:1.
115. It was dawn when Mary went to the tomb. Mt.28:1; Mk.16:2.
It was dark when Mary went to the tomb. Jn.20:1.
116. An angel sat on the stone at the door of the tomb. Mt.28:2.
A man was sitting inside the tomb. Mk.16:5.
117. Two men were standing inside the tomb. Lk.24:3,4.
Two angels were sitting inside the tomb. Jn.20:12.
118. Peter did not go into the tomb but stooped and looked inside. Lk.24:12.
Peter did go into the tomb, and another disciple stooped and looked inside. Jn.20:3-6.
119. After the resurrection, the disciples held Jesus by the feet. Mt.28:9.
After the resurrection, Jesus told Thomas to touch his side. John 20:27.
After the resurrection, Jesus said that he was not to be touched. Jn.20:17.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#443 Apr 8, 2013
Part III

120. Mary first saw Jesus at the tomb. Jn.20:11-15.
Mary first saw Jesus on her way home. Mt.28:8-10.
121. The women entered the tomb. Mk.16:5; Lk.24:3.
The women stayed outside the tomb. Jn.20:11.
122. The disciples were frightened when they saw Jesus. Lk.24:36,37.
The disciples were glad when they first saw Jesus. Jn.20:20.
123. Twelve disciples saw Jesus. 1 Cor.15:5.
Eleven disciples saw Jesus. Thomas was not there. Mt.28:16,17; Jn.20:19-25.
124. The disciples doubted that Jesus had risen from the dead. Mt.28:17.
The Pharisees and chief priests believed it possible. Mt.27:62-66.
125. Jesus ascended on the third day after the resurrection. Lk.24:21,50,51.
Jesus ascended the same day as the crucifixion. Lk.23:42 43.
Jesus ascended forty days after the resurrection. Acts 1:3,9.
126. At the time of the ascension, there were about 120 brethren. Acts 1:15.
At the time of the ascension, there were about 500 brethren. 1 Cor.15:6.
127. The moneychangers incident occurred at the end of Jesus’ career. Mt.21:11,12.
The moneychangers incident occurred at the beginning of Jesus’ career. Jn.2:11-15.
128. Zacharias was the son of Jehoida, the priest. 2 Chr.24:20.
Jesus said that Zacharias was the son of Barachias. Mt.23:35.(Note: The name Barachias or Barachiah does not appear in the OT.)
129. The coming of the kingdom will be accompanied by signs and miracles. Mt.24:29-33; Mk.13:24-29.
It will not be accompanied by signs and miracles since it occurs from within. Lk.17:20,21.
130. The kingdom was prepared from the beginning. Mt.25:34.
Jesus said that he was going to go and prepare the kingdom. Jn.14:2,3.
131. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Mk.3:29.
All sins are forgivable. Acts 13:39; Col.2:13; 1 Jn.1:9.
132. The ascension took place while the disciples were seated together at a table. Mk.16:14-19.
The ascension took place outdoors at Bethany. Lk.24:50,51.
The ascension took place outdoors at Mt. Olivet. Acts 1:9-12.
133. The holy spirit was with John from before he was born. Lk.1:15,41.
The holy spirit was with Elizabeth before John’s birth. Lk.1:41.
The holy spirit was with Zechariah. Lk.1:67.
The holy spirit was with Simeon. Lk.2:25.
The holy spirit is obtained by asking. Lk.11:13.
The holy spirit did not come into the world until after Jesus had departed. Jn.7:39; Jn.16:7; Acts 1:3-8.

Since: Oct 09

Albany, NY

#444 Apr 8, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
Part III
120. Mary first saw Jesus at the tomb. Jn.20:11-15.
Mary first saw Jesus on her way home. Mt.28:8-10.
121. The women entered the tomb. Mk.16:5; Lk.24:3.
The women stayed outside the tomb. Jn.20:11.
122. The disciples were frightened when they saw Jesus. Lk.24:36,37.
The disciples were glad when they first saw Jesus. Jn.20:20.
123. Twelve disciples saw Jesus. 1 Cor.15:5.
Eleven disciples saw Jesus. Thomas was not there. Mt.28:16,17; Jn.20:19-25.
124. The disciples doubted that Jesus had risen from the dead. Mt.28:17.
The Pharisees and chief priests believed it possible. Mt.27:62-66.
125. Jesus ascended on the third day after the resurrection. Lk.24:21,50,51.
Jesus ascended the same day as the crucifixion. Lk.23:42 43.
Jesus ascended forty days after the resurrection. Acts 1:3,9.
126. At the time of the ascension, there were about 120 brethren. Acts 1:15.
At the time of the ascension, there were about 500 brethren. 1 Cor.15:6.
127. The moneychangers incident occurred at the end of Jesus’ career. Mt.21:11,12.
The moneychangers incident occurred at the beginning of Jesus’ career. Jn.2:11-15.
128. Zacharias was the son of Jehoida, the priest. 2 Chr.24:20.
Jesus said that Zacharias was the son of Barachias. Mt.23:35.(Note: The name Barachias or Barachiah does not appear in the OT.)
129. The coming of the kingdom will be accompanied by signs and miracles. Mt.24:29-33; Mk.13:24-29.
It will not be accompanied by signs and miracles since it occurs from within. Lk.17:20,21.
130. The kingdom was prepared from the beginning. Mt.25:34.
Jesus said that he was going to go and prepare the kingdom. Jn.14:2,3.
131. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Mk.3:29.
All sins are forgivable. Acts 13:39; Col.2:13; 1 Jn.1:9.
132. The ascension took place while the disciples were seated together at a table. Mk.16:14-19.
The ascension took place outdoors at Bethany. Lk.24:50,51.
The ascension took place outdoors at Mt. Olivet. Acts 1:9-12.
133. The holy spirit was with John from before he was born. Lk.1:15,41.
The holy spirit was with Elizabeth before John’s birth. Lk.1:41.
The holy spirit was with Zechariah. Lk.1:67.
The holy spirit was with Simeon. Lk.2:25.
The holy spirit is obtained by asking. Lk.11:13.
The holy spirit did not come into the world until after Jesus had departed. Jn.7:39; Jn.16:7; Acts 1:3-8.
Would like cheese and mayo with your spam?

“For The Lost”

Since: Aug 10

Schenectady, NY

#445 Apr 8, 2013
I'm looking forward to that glorious day when I'll see my Jesus and my departed loved ones where there will be no more death and sickness. Praise God.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#446 Apr 9, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
Part III

120. Mary first saw Jesus at the tomb. Jn.20:11-15.
Mary first saw Jesus on her way home. Mt.28:8-10.
121. The women entered the tomb. Mk.16:5; Lk.24:3.
The women stayed outside the tomb. Jn.20:11.
122. The disciples were frightened when they saw Jesus. Lk.24:36,37.
The disciples were glad when they first saw Jesus. Jn.20:20.
123. Twelve disciples saw Jesus. 1 Cor.15:5.
Eleven disciples saw Jesus. Thomas was not there. Mt.28:16,17; Jn.20:19-25.
124. The disciples doubted that Jesus had risen from the dead. Mt.28:17.
The Pharisees and chief priests believed it possible. Mt.27:62-66.
125. Jesus ascended on the third day after the resurrection. Lk.24:21,50,51.
Jesus ascended the same day as the crucifixion. Lk.23:42 43.
Jesus ascended forty days after the resurrection. Acts 1:3,9.
126. At the time of the ascension, there were about 120 brethren. Acts 1:15.
At the time of the ascension, there were about 500 brethren. 1 Cor.15:6.
127. The moneychangers incident occurred at the end of Jesus’ career. Mt.21:11,12.
The moneychangers incident occurred at the beginning of Jesus’ career. Jn.2:11-15.
128. Zacharias was the son of Jehoida, the priest. 2 Chr.24:20.
Jesus said that Zacharias was the son of Barachias. Mt.23:35.(Note: The name Barachias or Barachiah does not appear in the OT.)
129. The coming of the kingdom will be accompanied by signs and miracles. Mt.24:29-33; Mk.13:24-29.
It will not be accompanied by signs and miracles since it occurs from within. Lk.17:20,21.
130. The kingdom was prepared from the beginning. Mt.25:34.
Jesus said that he was going to go and prepare the kingdom. Jn.14:2,3.
131. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Mk.3:29.
All sins are forgivable. Acts 13:39; Col.2:13; 1 Jn.1:9.
132. The ascension took place while the disciples were seated together at a table. Mk.16:14-19.
The ascension took place outdoors at Bethany. Lk.24:50,51.
The ascension took place outdoors at Mt. Olivet. Acts 1:9-12.
133. The holy spirit was with John from before he was born. Lk.1:15,41.
The holy spirit was with Elizabeth before John’s birth. Lk.1:41.
The holy spirit was with Zechariah. Lk.1:67.
The holy spirit was with Simeon. Lk.2:25.
The holy spirit is obtained by asking. Lk.11:13.
The holy spirit did not come into the world until after Jesus had departed. Jn.7:39; Jn.16:7; Acts 1:3-8.
Why do you care so much about the bible? You seem obsessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 1 hr blacklagoon 152
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr truth 1,696
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 2 hr truth 1,030
The truth is difficult, I understand. 3 hr Scientist 66
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 3 hr Scientist 2,468
the pauline paradox 4 hr Barmsweb 106
Faith during hard times 12 hr Scientist 114
More from around the web