The Great and Everlasting Atonement o...

The Great and Everlasting Atonement of Jesus Christ

Posted in the Christian Forum

Since: Feb 13

Saint George, UT

#1 Feb 26, 2013
The great and everlasting atonement of Jesus Christ is the single most important event ever to transpire upon the earth. This was so important because in this atonement Christ overcame all. He made it possible for us to overcome spiritual and physical death.
On the cross Christ’s sprit was separated from his physical body. Three days later they were reunited. Because of this our spirits and bodies will not be separated for ever, they will to come back together never to be separated again. They will be perfected. They will not catch disease or feel physical pain. This is called resurrection.
In the Garden of Gethsemane Christ took upon him our sins. He suffered so greatly that he bled from every pore. Because of this we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again, if we accept Christ as our Savior and God, repent of all of our sins and are baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can overcome anything. Pain, sorrow or anything else that might plague us. Jesus Christ descended below it all, he has felt as you have felt and therefore is the ultimate comforter. His hand is always outstretched, all we need to do is reach out and grab it.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John Chapter 3 Verse 16
I very much enjoy questions as we learn through the asking of them. If you have any questions about this or any other topic concerning God or his plan for us, please put it below in the comments and I will gladly answer it in my next article.
You can also check out this website www.mormon.org
Here is a wonderful video on the life and ministry of Christ http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/featur...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 4 min Praise Jesus 4,508
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) 4 min Pantheist 271
Science and Religion 6 min Pantheist 152
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min Pantheist 18,511
Who will be judged when our Lord Jesus comes ag... 11 min Pantheist 31
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 12 min Pantheist 7,316
The New Covenant 17 min Pantheist 224
Evidence Against God 1 hr blacklagoon 2,769
More from around the web