Desparately need help with electric b...

Desparately need help with electric bill! =(

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lost

Oakwood, VA

#1 Oct 26, 2010
Is there anyone who can assist me with my electric bill? I am beyond desperate. I am not asking for cash to be given to me, I will give my account number to anyone who is willing to help me. I have tried to make a payment arrangement with AEP, they will not work with me and referred me to local agencies. I have tried the agencies, and the only one with funds will not help me because I am not receiving social security disability. So, i'm lost. I have a termination notice, the total is $647.63, and the minimum that has to be paid to avoid having my electricity shut off on November 3rd is $509.43!=( If anyone could help at all, even with part of the payment, PLEASE email me! [email protected]
Redi Kilowatt

Patterson, CA

#2 Oct 26, 2010
Lost wrote:
Is there anyone who can assist me with my electric bill? I am beyond desperate. I am not asking for cash to be given to me, I will give my account number to anyone who is willing to help me. I have tried to make a payment arrangement with AEP, they will not work with me and referred me to local agencies. I have tried the agencies, and the only one with funds will not help me because I am not receiving social security disability. So, i'm lost. I have a termination notice, the total is $647.63, and the minimum that has to be paid to avoid having my electricity shut off on November 3rd is $509.43!=( If anyone could help at all, even with part of the payment, PLEASE email me! [email protected]
The answer is simple grasshopper.
Very carefully undo the lock tab on your meter. Be careful not to break it, you will need it later.
Remove the meter fom it's plugs and turn it upside down and resinsert the meter into the plugs.
)))))REMEMBER: the plugs are carrying very, very high voltage.(((((
Work safely and delicately like a Bomb Squad Technician.
Now, reinstall the band surround around the meter and reuse the lock tab so it looks unmolested.
NOW your meter will run backwards, you will be bill free in no time.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3 Oct 26, 2010
Redi Kilowatt wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple grasshopper.
Very carefully undo the lock tab on your meter. Be careful not to break it, you will need it later.
Remove the meter fom it's plugs and turn it upside down and resinsert the meter into the plugs.
)))))REMEMBER: the plugs are carrying very, very high voltage.(((((
Work safely and delicately like a Bomb Squad Technician.
Now, reinstall the band surround around the meter and reuse the lock tab so it looks unmolested.
NOW your meter will run backwards, you will be bill free in no time.
Teach two German Shepherds to show all their teeth to anyone who comes by, ditch the meter and use jumper cables.
Lost

Oakwood, VA

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Lol Yeah, wish it were that simple. Thanks for making me smile though. Needed it. =)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 27, 2010
Lost wrote:
Is there anyone who can assist me with my electric bill? I am beyond desperate. I am not asking for cash to be given to me, I will give my account number to anyone who is willing to help me....
Hi Lost, many of us on this forum have fallen on hard times. Try not to worry about it. Worrying does no good. Being made redundant, or living beyond our means or borrowing money at interest are common problems.

If your elec is cut off, just try to rationalise it as a learning experience. I honestly believe prayer can help in this situation. Put your trust in the Lord, and pray. You may not see immediate benefits but over time you should receive God's blessings in your life.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace." Phil.4:6-7

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6 Oct 27, 2010
I have found if you don't have enough money, a second job helps. It isn't any fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
no name from no city

South Boston, VA

#7 Oct 27, 2010
Praying will not turn the electric back on. of course she will worry. So would you if your family were cold and you couldnt cook or have hot water. She needs to post more details and naybe even low incomes will send a few $$ that will add up. Where do you live?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 27, 2010
no name from no city wrote:
Praying will not turn the electric back on. of course she will worry. So would you if your family were cold and you couldnt cook or have hot water...
We all worry about stuff. But the point is worrying does no good. Doughboy made an excellent practical suggestion - get a second job. Or seek help from friends and family.

But I've faced despair in my past, and its not all about money. Having the support of family & friends are more important. Or if you're spiritually inclined from you local church. btw even if you're not a believer prayer or meditation can de-stress.
Thinking

Reading, UK

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Kidnap a televangelist.

They're minted.
Little Quiggy

Louisville, OH

#10 Oct 27, 2010
Pray for the money. If your electric get's shut off, then God is punishing you for your sins because we all know how effective prayer is. Be sure to pray to the ghost of Enron.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 27, 2010
Lost wrote:
I am not sure that appealing for help on a debating forum is the best idea. There is no way for people here to know if you are genuilnely in need or one of the many scammers in the world.

I would suggest you need help from a more local source. Do you attend a church? if so then some of your fellow churchgoers should be willing to help. However it is only possible for them to help if they are aware of your plight so you need to speak up.
If you don't feel comfortable taking financial help from people you know then amybe you could offer to do odd jobs in exchange for help wit your utility bill.
resident

Edison, NJ

#12 Oct 27, 2010
Lost wrote:
Generally the utilities will divide your current balance into 10 monthly payments added on to your monthly payments to help you budget your debt. If anyone in your household has a serious medical condition that would be jeopardized by your power being cut off there are laws to protect you. In some states there is an energy assistance program that helps middle income families on a temporary basis. In my state (NY) we have the HEAP program.
For extra income hold a garage sale, you should net at least $200.
Apply for food stamps, don't assume you won't qualify.
Everyone I know is struggling with bills. Seems the only ones with extra cash (millions) are the politicians.
Also, many scams out there.
You may be setting us up here to gain access to our accounts.
SaveMoney

Coppell, TX

#13 Oct 27, 2010
If you are in TX, GA, or PA take a look at www.PowerfulOpportunity.com

We may be able to get you switched if you are in TX to a new power company and save you a little money in the process. Just depends if you are in a regulated area or not at this point. You may have to pay a new deposit. You will still owe the old power bill, but perhaps better than getting shut off.
FREAKS

“Jesus WEEPS”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#14 Oct 30, 2010
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lost, many of us on this forum have fallen on hard times. Try not to worry about it. Worrying does no good. Being made redundant, or living beyond our means or borrowing money at interest are common problems.
If your elec is cut off, just try to rationalise it as a learning experience. I honestly believe prayer can help in this situation. Put your trust in the Lord, and pray. You may not see immediate benefits but over time you should receive God's blessings in your life.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace." Phil.4:6-7
Nonsense.
"Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."
Yup, thank God for you (LOST) being in the mess, you're (LOST's) in. When the power/electricity has been shut off, Don't forget to thank God. Thank God for the learning experience.
Muhahahaha, damn Christians, got nothing but NONSENSE Advice(s).

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Scunthorpe, UK

#15 Oct 30, 2010
Lost wrote:
Cancel your broadband, telephone and TV subscriptions. If you are really short of money you should be willing to go without these services which are a luxury rather than a necessity.
BUCK HUNTER

Moline, IL

#16 Oct 30, 2010
Lost wrote:
I just won 100 bucks on an illinois scratch off and I sent you an e-mail,I believe you and will send you $50 today when i go take my ticket in,if you're not being honest that will be on you,to those who just run their mouths phque,to the sincere ppl who offered prayers cool,and once ya get your bill caught up Reddy Killowots advice is also valid,but ya need to get your bill caught up before ya do it.Have a nice day.
newOneidares

Wartburg, TN

#17 Nov 7, 2010
the sad part is that their are so many out there that prey on the good heart of others. So many people say they need help when they really don't, they just sucker people in the sending them money. I've heard of people doing this and then they buy drugs with it. If this person really needs help then you can go the your local churches. They will help you once every so many months. If other agencies wouldn't help you - it makes me want to ask why? Talk to the local electric company, you'd be surprised at some of the stories you'll hear. I'll be praying for this person and if it is for real, I pray that God answer the prayers with a solution to your problems.
no name from no city wrote:
Praying will not turn the electric back on. of course she will worry. So would you if your family were cold and you couldnt cook or have hot water. She needs to post more details and naybe even low incomes will send a few $$ that will add up. Where do you live?

Parker Patterson

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18 Nov 7, 2010
Google Amish lifestyles before you get your power cut, copy off the pages then you can go completely amish,they survive without power so can U.just sayin
enid garcia

United States

#19 Apr 14, 2011
We live in philadelphia, my electric bill is to much, this house I am in with my kids, is not good insulation on walls, if is hot outside the street my house fills like ice, and. Me and my kids are always with a cold and headache, we go heaters that don't work at all, I so desparet.,
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#20 Apr 14, 2011
SHeeSH!
It's been over five months now.
You'd think the power company would've pulled the plug on you by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Jesus do in his 40 days after the resu... 39 min dollarsbillsucksb... 5
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 40 min dollarsbillsucksb... 17
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 41 min dollarsbillsucksb... 87
The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings 42 min dollarsbillsucksb... 4
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 43 min dollarsbillsucksb... 5
Early Christianity 3 hr Big Al 1,565
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 4 hr Blacklagoon 88
More from around the web