Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

#41 Nov 13, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I read this posted on Facebook today:
the government controls our water supply, our food supply, our medical supply, our media, our Armed Forces, our police, they have all of our money and all of the most horrifying weapons on earth. Do you see anything wrong yet?
posted by my good friend and former poster round here, Atheist.
Atheist can get a little tied up in conspiracy theories at times also.

I've talked about it with him a bit. Don't think I am posting something behind his back.

I don't trust the government all that much but I don't see a conspiracy behind every bush.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#42 Nov 13, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you are all for the current government.
Do you see anyting wrong yet?
But yet you want a theocracy.
Do you see anything wrong yet?
Reginald

Boulder, CO

#43 Nov 13, 2012
I feel the poor are reproducing at astronomical rates and soon we will be in danger from tyranny by an impoverished majority who think the world owes them something because they are poor.
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Far Right makes sense to You?
What you see is the middle pulling things its way - from the far right.
The POV of the current GOP and its withering Teabag kin are not the POV's of the vast majority of Americans. Its really simple.
Reginald

Boulder, CO

#44 Nov 13, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. So I don't comprehend where these "Reginalds" are coming from...? Is he in the middle and afraid of too far swing to the left, or is he, as I suspect a RightWingnut? Plus truly Liberal policies have not seen much light of day in the few decades - let alone this last election cycle. Liberals have been reacting to the GOP rightwingnuts, not initiating liberal policies of their own.
IMO, the Democratic party is as broken as the GOP, they're just loaded down with woman-hating (repeat your description) religious zealots who worship the Market over any sort of compassionate God.
The Dems need to LEAD, not react. Thats been my biggest issue with the last 4 years. No out-front leadership by the Senate or House Dems. They are IMO mostly a bunch of pu$$ys when it comes to Leadership. Pelosi and Reid et al, are just not up to the task any more. Bunch of wimps. And Obama needs to be the Team Captain not the Cheerleader! Cheerleaders dont win games!
I have a lot of hope for a few winning Dems like Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts. She's someone to watch. I hope.
I do believe ferocious labeling prevents communication

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#45 Nov 13, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you are all for the current government.
Do you see anyting wrong yet?
Current government, former governments, future governments, it makes no difference, all the things Atheist mentioned in his post are under their control. What kind of government do you have in mind that is different?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#46 Nov 14, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote was a lot closer than you indicate...1.22m...out of 120m...IOW, 1%...
George W. Bush was elected without winning the popular vote.
zazenmind

Tampa, FL

#47 Nov 15, 2012
Christianity like islam and judaism have always been anti-individual freedom and pro-ignorance, it promotes an authority as truth, instead of truth as authority..Christianity, islam and juadiam have always been the problem, not the solution, promoting self ignorance of self discovery and mental isolation over openmindedness..Even science has had a long history of promoting the mythical belief in a creator, thus making man into a machine, built by an external manufacturers, that programs man goals and ends, man is a robot, according to the creation myth..Thank goodness all this non-sense has been refuted by free thinking scientist, along with facts not faith..
Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

#48 Nov 15, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you want a theocracy.
Do you see anything wrong yet?
YOU are wanting ALL aspects of religion taken away and put behind closed doors. Sounds like you want a communist dictatorship.
Sola Scriptura

Beckley, WV

#49 Nov 15, 2012
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Current government, former governments, future governments, it makes no difference, all the things Atheist mentioned in his post are under their control. What kind of government do you have in mind that is different?
I just don't see that government will take those things and form a repressed society. Too many hillbillies and rednecks for that.

Now, will a FOREIGN country try to take us over? THAT is what we should be concerned about.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#50 Nov 15, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't see that government will take those things and form a repressed society. Too many hillbillies and rednecks for that.
Now, will a FOREIGN country try to take us over? THAT is what we should be concerned about.
I would like to know how you think such a thing could ever happen. What country would be capable of such a thing, and what country would even contemplate doing so?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#51 Nov 15, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies”.- Thomas Jefferson
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#52 Nov 15, 2012
We all know people like you f**ked over your indigenous population. I can understand why you are such a whimpering pathetic nonce, but I can't sympathise with your mindless xenophobia. You are a mindless animal.
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#53 Nov 15, 2012
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know how you think such a thing could ever happen. What country would be capable of such a thing, and what country would even contemplate doing so?
He must be playing with his toy battleship game.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#54 Nov 15, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>He must be playing with his toy battleship game.
Why? Is yours missing?

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#55 Nov 16, 2012
Reginald wrote:
I feel the poor are reproducing at astronomical rates and soon we will be in danger from tyranny by an impoverished majority who think the world owes them something because they are poor.
<quoted text>
Then give them back birth control and abortion...seems to me this is self-inflicted, huh?

And stop corporate welfare which is over 50% more in tax dollars than social welfare.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#56 Nov 16, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist can get a little tied up in conspiracy theories at times also.
I've talked about it with him a bit. Don't think I am posting something behind his back.
I don't trust the government all that much but I don't see a conspiracy behind every bush.
Just Obama, right?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#57 Nov 16, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Is yours missing?
Miss!
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#58 Nov 16, 2012
Hit. You sank his battleship!
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Miss!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#59 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Hit. You sank his battleship!
<quoted text>
LOL
zazenmind

Tampa, FL

#60 Nov 18, 2012
The nazi on the right are not done yet, even though they lost the election, this makes them more desperate and more dangerous, behind those smiles are wolves ready to consume..They cannot be trusted, every day, they come up, with another reason or conspiracy of lies, to obstuct, the will of the people...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 10 min blacklagoon 177
The Best of Both Worlds 17 min Big Al 2
Before The Big Bang 29 min Big Al 3,563
For God so loved the world. 33 min Truth 1
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 1 hr purplelady1040 5,353
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Amy 19,828
HEY DIP SHIT MOD of TOPIX 2 hr Amy 7
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr janeebee 3,000
God's name is Yahweh 4 hr Vinamese 41
WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT STATE of ISRAEL 6 hr Why 41