Is this the begininng of American Naz...

Is this the begininng of American Nazism?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reginald

Boulder, CO

#1 Nov 9, 2012
One party rule that is really wha tit is. The Dems look like they will win for the next 1000 years. Looks like xtianity is a thing of the past man. Goodbye Kirk Cameron jesus done left you behind.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Non sequitur. The Nazis were mostly christians.
zazenmind

Riverview, FL

#3 Nov 9, 2012
The truth is, that christianty, islam and judaism all share the same authoritarian mindset, that nazi's had during Hitler rule.
zazenmind

Riverview, FL

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Christianity, islam and judaism all want to impose their beliefs by force on the people, this fact is well known and documented through there history..Those that refused, were either exiled, imprisoned or executed, this is still happening around the world, in some form, within all of these religions..WAKE UP!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Non sequitur. The Nazis were mostly christians.
Thinking!!
Welcome back.
I have missed you and your posts!
Hope you and your family are well.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Reginald wrote:
One party rule that is really wha tit is. The Dems look like they will win for the next 1000 years. Looks like xtianity is a thing of the past man. Goodbye Kirk Cameron jesus done left you behind.
Are you forgetting that previous to Obama’s first election in 2008 we had 8 years of Republican President George W. Bush? People seem to forget that we are a diverse society and that’s exactly what the founders intended. Sometimes your guy wins and sometimes he doesn’t. That’s not the way it works in Iran; would you rather live there?

"It strikes me often while I am in Iran that were Christian evangelicals to take a tour of Iran today, they might find it the model for an ideal society they seek in America. Replace Allah with God, Mohammad with Jesus, keep the same public and private notions of chastity, sin, salvation, and God's will, and a Christian Republic is born." — Hooman Majd (The Ayatollah Begs to Differ: The Paradox of Modern Iran) Are you aware that we live in a “diverse” free society and that the challenge is blend that diversity
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Hello Poppet,

I've been so busy all year, it's been crazy. If only I believed in an afterlife, maybe I'd be able to catch up eventually ;)

Thanks for the kind thought- it's sincerely reciprocated.
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking!!
Welcome back.
I have missed you and your posts!
Hope you and your family are well.
Reginald

Boulder, CO

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you forgetting that previous to Obama’s first election in 2008 we had 8 years of Republican President George W. Bush? People seem to forget that we are a diverse society and that’s exactly what the founders intended. Sometimes your guy wins and sometimes he doesn’t. That’s not the way it works in Iran; would you rather live there?
"It strikes me often while I am in Iran that were Christian evangelicals to take a tour of Iran today, they might find it the model for an ideal society they seek in America. Replace Allah with God, Mohammad with Jesus, keep the same public and private notions of chastity, sin, salvation, and God's will, and a Christian Republic is born." — Hooman Majd (The Ayatollah Begs to Differ: The Paradox of Modern Iran) Are you aware that we live in a “diverse” free society and that the challenge is blend that diversity
I just feel like things are starting to lean far left and getting like that with every cycle
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>
I just feel like things are starting to lean far left and getting like that with every cycle
"Man is, at one at the same time, a solitary being and a social being. As a solitary being, he attempts to protect his own existence and that of those who are closest to him, to satisfy his personal desires…[However] as…social being[s]… we eat food that others have produced, wear clothes that others have made, live in houses that others have built…life is made possible through the labor and the accomplishments of the many millions past and present who are all hidden behind the small word society.”– Albert Einstein

In a diverse and free society like ours there will always be a struggle between the needs and desires of the individual and the welfare of society as a whole. The liberals tend to favor benefit to society at the expense of individual freedom in many cases and the conservatives tend to favor individual freedom at the expense of society as a whole. I think that a proper balance will be maintained so long as the power of the super wealthy is held in check.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.”- Thomas Jefferson

I think the financial collapse of 2008 proved him correct.
NOV10

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
"Man is, at one at the same time, a solitary being and a social being. As a solitary being, he attempts to protect his own existence and that of those who are closest to him, to satisfy his personal desires…[However] as…social being[s]… we eat food that others have produced, wear clothes that others have made, live in houses that others have built…life is made possible through the labor and the accomplishments of the many millions past and present who are all hidden behind the small word society.”– Albert Einstein
In a diverse and free society like ours there will always be a struggle between the needs and desires of the individual and the welfare of society as a whole. The liberals tend to favor benefit to society at the expense of individual freedom in many cases and the conservatives tend to favor individual freedom at the expense of society as a whole. I think that a proper balance will be maintained so long as the power of the super wealthy is held in check.
“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.”- Thomas Jefferson
I think the financial collapse of 2008 proved him correct.
Great post!
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#11 Nov 10, 2012
Do you think standards have slipped since the US grudgingly abolished slavery and racial segregation? Is that what you mean?
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>
NOV10

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Nov 10, 2012
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a website you might want to take a look at ...

http://www.thechristianleft.org/

They feel one can be both Christian and liberal.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#13 Nov 10, 2012
The only way the Republican party has a shot at the White House is if they get rid of the far right, crazy teabagger christian talibangical, science denying, 6000 year flat earth believing, women hating, uterus controlling, gay hating, Pat Robertson loving nutbags.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#14 Nov 10, 2012
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Far Right makes sense to You?

What you see is the middle pulling things its way - from the far right.

The POV of the current GOP and its withering Teabag kin are not the POV's of the vast majority of Americans. Its really simple.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#15 Nov 10, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Far Right makes sense to You?
What you see is the middle pulling things its way - from the far right.
The POV of the current GOP and its withering Teabag kin are not the POV's of the vast majority of Americans. Its really simple.
It doesn't make sense to the majority of Americans, that was proven on Tuesday.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#16 Nov 10, 2012
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. So I don't comprehend where these "Reginalds" are coming from...? Is he in the middle and afraid of too far swing to the left, or is he, as I suspect a RightWingnut? Plus truly Liberal policies have not seen much light of day in the few decades - let alone this last election cycle. Liberals have been reacting to the GOP rightwingnuts, not initiating liberal policies of their own.

IMO, the Democratic party is as broken as the GOP, they're just loaded down with woman-hating (repeat your description) religious zealots who worship the Market over any sort of compassionate God.

The Dems need to LEAD, not react. Thats been my biggest issue with the last 4 years. No out-front leadership by the Senate or House Dems. They are IMO mostly a bunch of pu$$ys when it comes to Leadership. Pelosi and Reid et al, are just not up to the task any more. Bunch of wimps. And Obama needs to be the Team Captain not the Cheerleader! Cheerleaders dont win games!

I have a lot of hope for a few winning Dems like Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts. She's someone to watch. I hope.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#17 Nov 10, 2012
Typo city -

Liberal policies have NOT seen much light of day...

...GOP, they're just NOT loaded down with...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#18 Nov 10, 2012
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote was a lot closer than you indicate...1.22m...out of 120m...IOW, 1%...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#19 Nov 10, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote was a lot closer than you indicate...1.22m...out of 120m...IOW, 1%...
Have you ever been diagnosed with acalculia?
Yordum

Connersville, IN

#20 Nov 10, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
"People seem to forget that we are a diverse society and that’s exactly what the founders intended."

Really!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_A...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 21 min Bible believer 102
failed prophecies 55 min little scam lamb 658
Early Christianity 5 hr Big Al 1,306
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 9 hr DrSCIENCE 1,360
Forum has gone to the dogs 9 hr DrSCIENCE 77
Turns Out 11 hr DrSCIENCE 192
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS Gospel 11 hr DrSCIENCE 868
More from around the web