Have scientists unearthed the first '...

Have scientists unearthed the first 'gay caveman'

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Archaeologists in the Czech Republic uncover the 5,000-year-old remains of what they think is the world's oldest known homosexual caveman.

A
gay caveman might sound like a character in a bad, vaguely offensive sketch comedy scene, but for some scientists in the Czech Republic, it's no laughing matter. They believe they've unearthed the remains of an early homosexual or transsexual man — perhaps the world's oldest gay caveman. Here, a brief guide:

What exactly did the scientists find?
In a suburb of Prague, archaeologists unearthed a male body buried in a manner typically reserved for women. The body dates back to between 2900 and 2500 B.C. The skeleton was surrounded by jugs and had its head pointed toward the east, things seen before only in the graves of women. "From history and ethnology, we know that people from this period took funeral rites very seriously, so it is highly unlikely that this positioning was a mistake," says Kamila Remisova Vesinova, the lead archaeologist on the dig. "Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transsexual."

How were men typically buried in that time period?
Their heads were aligned pointing west, and they were surrounded by weapons and tools, as well as food and drink. By contrast, women were buried with domestic items, such as jugs, as well as jewelry, and a pot in the shape of an egg at their feet. This caveman's skeleton had such a pot at his feet.

Are they sure about this?
The scientists who unearthed the skeleton seem fairly certain that he was a homosexual or transsexual. Others are a bit doubtful. Rosemary Joyce, a social science professor at the University of California, Berkeley, isn't buying the gay caveman story. This is just another in a series of "sensationalized archaeology stories," Joyce says at her Ancient Bodies, Ancient Lives blog, and it's an "example of sexual stereotyping of the worst kind." Scientists have indeed found "a mismatch between the biologically determined sex of the person and the archaeologically expected grave goods," but that doesn't mean he was gay, or even a caveman — a term "no archaeologist wants to use."

Have scientists ever found anything like this before?
Not quite. Katerina Semradova, another scientist on the dig, does cite an earlier case where archaeologists found a female warrior from the Mesolithic period (10,000 to 8,000 B.C.) who was buried as a man. Witch doctors were also buried in a unique way, with richer funeral adornments, noting their respected position in society. But, says Semradova, "this later discovery was neither of those," which leaves his sexuality as the best explanation for his unusual burial.

So what does it all mean?
The findings suggest "that LGBT individuals were living open and accepted lives as far back as the Stone Age," says Seth Abramovitch at Gawker. And, he jokes, "it also means that we have finally unlocked the elusive key to carbon-dating Cher."

http://theweek.com/article/index/214009/have-...
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Well he can't be an ancestor.
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
Archaeologists in the Czech Republic uncover the 5,000-year-old remains of what they think is the world's oldest known homosexual caveman.
A
gay caveman might sound like a character in a bad, vaguely offensive sketch comedy scene, but for some scientists in the Czech Republic, it's no laughing matter. They believe they've unearthed the remains of an early homosexual or transsexual man — perhaps the world's oldest gay caveman. Here, a brief guide:
What exactly did the scientists find?
In a suburb of Prague, archaeologists unearthed a male body buried in a manner typically reserved for women. The body dates back to between 2900 and 2500 B.C. The skeleton was surrounded by jugs and had its head pointed toward the east, things seen before only in the graves of women. "From history and ethnology, we know that people from this period took funeral rites very seriously, so it is highly unlikely that this positioning was a mistake," says Kamila Remisova Vesinova, the lead archaeologist on the dig. "Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transsexual."
How were men typically buried in that time period?
Their heads were aligned pointing west, and they were surrounded by weapons and tools, as well as food and drink. By contrast, women were buried with domestic items, such as jugs, as well as jewelry, and a pot in the shape of an egg at their feet. This caveman's skeleton had such a pot at his feet.
Are they sure about this?
The scientists who unearthed the skeleton seem fairly certain that he was a homosexual or transsexual. Others are a bit doubtful. Rosemary Joyce, a social science professor at the University of California, Berkeley, isn't buying the gay caveman story. This is just another in a series of "sensationalized archaeology stories," Joyce says at her Ancient Bodies, Ancient Lives blog, and it's an "example of sexual stereotyping of the worst kind." Scientists have indeed found "a mismatch between the biologically determined sex of the person and the archaeologically expected grave goods," but that doesn't mean he was gay, or even a caveman — a term "no archaeologist wants to use."
Have scientists ever found anything like this before?
Not quite. Katerina Semradova, another scientist on the dig, does cite an earlier case where archaeologists found a female warrior from the Mesolithic period (10,000 to 8,000 B.C.) who was buried as a man. Witch doctors were also buried in a unique way, with richer funeral adornments, noting their respected position in society. But, says Semradova, "this later discovery was neither of those," which leaves his sexuality as the best explanation for his unusual burial.
So what does it all mean?
The findings suggest "that LGBT individuals were living open and accepted lives as far back as the Stone Age," says Seth Abramovitch at Gawker. And, he jokes, "it also means that we have finally unlocked the elusive key to carbon-dating Cher."
http://theweek.com/article/index/214009/have-...
Nyaaah! Those moron, agenda driven scientists have guessed it all wrong.

2900 to 2500 B.C was a transition period in most societies between a maternal society and a paternal society, so they buried this person according to the old ways.

There are lot's of ancient heritage tales about great strong women who were strong warriors, like Queen Beaudacia or the Amazonians.
This lucky pluck in the article is simply misread by gay agenda scientists trying to be politically correct to get more government funding.

It's a shame these scientists have sold their souls like those climate change scheisters.
You just can't trust science anymore.
TheCapedCrusader

Montréal, Canada

#4 Oct 23, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
2900 to 2500 B.C was a transition period in most societies between a maternal society and a paternal society, so they buried this person according to the old ways.
There are lot's of ancient heritage tales about great strong women who were strong warriors, like Queen Beaudacia or the Amazonians.
This lucky pluck in the article is simply misread by gay agenda scientists trying to be politically correct to get more government funding.
It's a shame these scientists have sold their souls like those climate change scheisters.
So when are you going to give up all your possessions and go live in a cave without any of the things science has given to us? You are all hat, no cattle.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#5 Oct 23, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad you have not done the same. Throw your computer out the window along with everything else you have running off electricity.

Electricity is just a theory ya know.
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#6 Oct 23, 2013
TheCapedCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
So when are you going to give up all your possessions and go live in a cave without any of the things science has given to us? You are all hat, no cattle.
How can you fumble a noun? Is English a second language for you?

Just because I don't 'trust' science doesn't mean I won't 'use' it.
I don't trust attorneys, Wall Street, the government or most women either.
But I use them all to great gain.
Huh

Sussex, WI

#7 Oct 24, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
These morons are just that! What was that, "If brains were leather, they wouldn't have enough to saddle a fly"?
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#8 Oct 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
These morons are just that! What was that,
"If brains were leather, they wouldn't have enough to saddle a fly"?
THAT'S IT!

When God passed out brains they thought he said trains, and asked for a slow one.
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your name should be Misogyny Kid...

All these people you dont trust, that you dont know and are judged on a job choice, or their gender...ever think its YOU!?
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#10 Oct 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
These morons are just that! What was that, "If brains were leather, they wouldn't have enough to saddle a fly"?
If brains were sand you couldn't hold one grain...
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#11 Oct 25, 2013
As to the article -

- perhaps the "guy" in the grave was being insulted, or his family...being buried as a female.???

But we dont know, nor do these "scientists" - if they are - as a discovery doesnt make someone a scientist as we would define them - there are many amateur archeologists out there, just like astronomers and chemists, etc...

This from a Wiki page -

In April 2011, it was reported that a deviant Corded Ware burial had been discovered in a suburb of Prague.The remains, believed to be male, were orientated in the same way as women's burials and were not accompanied by any gender-specific grave goods. The excavators suggested the grave may have been that of a "member of a so-called third gender, which were people either with different sexual orientation or transsexuals or just people who identified themselves differently from the rest of the society",while media reports heralded the discovery of the world's first "gay caveman".Archaeologists and biological anthropologists criticised media coverage as sensationalist. "If this burial represents a transgendered individual (as well it could), that doesn't necessarily mean the person had a 'different sexual orientation' and certainly doesn't mean that he would have considered himself (or that his culture would have considered him)'homosexual,'" anthropologist Kristina Killgrove commented. Other items of criticism were that someone buried in the Copper Age was not a "caveman" and that identifying the sex of skeletal remains is difficult and inexact.

----->>>>> A detailed account of the burial has not yet appeared in the scientific literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corded_Ware_cult...
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#12 Oct 25, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your name should be Misogyny Kid...
All these people you dont trust, that you dont know and are judged on a job choice, or their gender...ever think its YOU!?
No,....I'm male.
Are you obsequious or just plain stupid?
Punisher

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Oct 26, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No,....I'm male.
Are you obsequious or just plain stupid?
LOL! Obedient or servile is that last thing I have ever been accused of...in fact I never have been. Plain stupid me? Perhaps, but You, you're a special kind of stupid.

What does you being a "male" have to do with your trust issues? Its a mans world...!

What about women so scares/threatens you? That out of hand you distrust most of them...?

In this world it should be they who make that claim - but they do manage to see the good - no matter how miniscule - in most men. And we keep screwing it up !

“You only think that you know”

Since: Feb 10

but you're not even close.

#14 Oct 26, 2013
Buffy,the Caveman LMAO

I can see it now,"Oh Buffy,don't forget to bring your big club to the cave tonight,you know how I like it when you thump me,you big bad boy you."
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#15 Oct 26, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Obedient or servile is that last thing I have ever been accused of...in fact I never have been. Plain stupid me? Perhaps, but You, you're a special kind of stupid.
What does you being a "male" have to do with your trust issues? Its a mans world...!

What about women so scares/threatens you? That out of hand you distrust most of them...?
In this world it should be they who make that claim - but they do manage to see the good - no matter how miniscule - in most men. And we keep screwing it up !
Why do you equate distrust with 'fear or scare'?
Although that does provide an an interesting insight to Your psyche.

I distrust most women because they make decisions based on emotion and ideology, like Liberals do.
Nobody should be in charge of anything if they can't make decisions based on real world facts and logic.

This is why I distrust liberals, democrats and most women.
They are incapable of leading or managing effectively.

Don't believe me?
See failed debacle Obamacare sign up site, brought to you by Kathleen Sebelius and Obama.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/10...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 26, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>

I distrust most women because they make decisions based on emotion and ideology, like Liberals do.
Nobody should be in charge of anything if they can't make decisions based on real world facts and logic.
Don't believe me?
Not true buddy. Men lie to make themselves feel look good women lie to make others people feel better. Women make decisions on how it will affect everyone. Men fly in guns a blazing.

Do you think like a 17 century beast on all issues?

Women's abilities to make fair decisions when competing interests are at stake make them better corporate leaders, researchers have found.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/...

Journal of Economics published an intriguing paper called “Boys Will Be Boys: Gender, Overconfidence, and Common Stock Investment.” The authors, Brad Barber and Terrance Odean, gained access to the trading activity in over 35,000 households, and used it to compare the habits of men and women. What they found, in a nutshell, is that men not only trade more often than women but do so from a false faith in their own financial judgment. Single men traded less sensibly than married men, and married men traded less sensibly than single women: the less the female presence, the less rational the approach to trading in the markets.

http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/odean/papers...
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#17 Oct 27, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't believe me?
See failed debacle Obamacare sign up site, brought to you by Kathleen Sebelius and Obama.
Oh no dont put this on me...we can all see your psyche shinging brightly in your posts. Fear breeds distrust, feelings of inadequacy breed distrust - you seem to have serious emotional issues about people you dont even know.

A failed Govt website hardly supports your POV. Bugs in the software and/or hardware are not due to the liberals or the women - because most coders are male, and likely conservative or independent by default.

And exactly How well do the Conservative men manage their affairs? Who brought us the 08 meltdown? Liberals? Liberals on wall street, Women on Wall Street?

You're so drenched in all your hatred - racism, misogyny, fear of liberals, etc that YOU cant see that right now the US is being back-doored by the GOP who is being finger banged by the Teaparty, and is OBSESSED with making and (not)winning points on pure ideology! The GOP and its Teabagging schismatic Sect/Cult are nothing but Ideologues! They haven't had a good idea for over 20 years now! And the Teabaggers have never had a good idea!

And since this is and has been for a long time a Mans World - run by what you claim are all logical and non-emotional men - hows their record to date ??? Who brought on the Financial meltdown? Various wars 'round the world, the constant rise in poverty, especially among the youth, etc, etc, etc...the list is rather long of the sins of Men...those logical, non-emotional men.

Maybe we need a little "emotion" in the Gov't...might actually prevent the usual string of debacles created by bull-headed, cold-hearted, logical (lol that makes me laugh!) men who've been in charge for so long...cause they never react emotionally, or are not obsessed by their worship of ideology! LOL!

You saying the invasion of Iraq wasnt an emotional response? By a pack of scheming men who led the country down the path based on their long standing emotional hatred of Saddam...?
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#18 Oct 27, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe me?
Yeah the awful female ideology of whats best for most and not whats best for the financial bottom line of a select few...

Why are so many male conservatives these days drinking the kool-aid of a party and its inner cult that DOES NOT have your best interests at heart?

Cisco, you're middle-aged right?(45++) You still waiting for that trickle down wealth to come your way? You still drinking at that fountain? Still pulling on your long-frayed boot-straps...?

Its takes a certain kind of ignorance to keep voting for and supporting a party that says keep tax'n the poor and middle classes and not the rich - cause you know maybe they might buy a few more yachts, renovate a few more of their foreign vacation homes, etc...which will save the economy for all of us...really takes a special kind of stupid to rally behind the current bunch of ideologues in the GOP and Teabagger cult...

The Dems might be pretty bad - but the GOP/Teabaggers - OOhfah! They stink like rotten roadkill, covered in the residue of unadulterated stupidity! By people like you seem to suffer a lack of sense of smell...must be what Kool-aid does to a person...all those empty calories...eventually the brain atrophies...
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#19 Oct 27, 2013
By people = But people...
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#20 Oct 27, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like the reason I tend to be wary of most American Xtians, especially the ideologues among them...they do not rely on real world facts and most certainly never learned logical thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence Against God 13 min Hardcore 3,769
Why do you really believe in a god? 21 min Allen Richards 593
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Judgment Day Watc... 20,048
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr Big Al 1,314
There is no god 1 hr Huntington Guy 2
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr Mr Ironhart 8,204
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr rog 167
More from around the web