Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#670 Jun 23, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a 'young earth creationist'!
The reason many accept the theory of 'evolution' is not because it's 'observable', but because of statistics. There isn't anyone that can 'observe' "microbe into man evolution". You cannot observe it anymore than I, or any evolutionary scientist can. You do however trust 'majority' opinion.

The creation 'scientists' that are as expertise in their fields, and have the guts to oppose the 'majority' are the one's that the evolutionists have the problem with. Not the Vatican church, the Baptist orgs, etc. that are swayed by 'statistics'. They can sway a lot of people, including many clergymen. Not those who who don't mind pointing out the holes in the "microbes to man" philosophy.
But this "viewed" microbe into man scenario is a pretty weak POV to take to dismiss Evo theory in part or whole.

No one witnessed Jesus rise from the dead, actually rise and come back to life. But you all rely on a few disjointed tellings of an empty tomb...??? Which is why its in the Faith based categories of spiritual belief systems. No one saw it, but many people made a seriously fantastic claim about it.

While no one has watched a microbe form into a man - which is a truly trite and disingenuous means to boil down all of Evo theory - there is a lot other evidence piles, at this point we can call them a range of mountains, to support Evo theory in the aspects of speciation and diversity of life on this planet.

Plus this "microbe into man" line does nothing but show a continued desire to dismiss what Evo theory actually says, actually deals with and researches thru dozens of scientific disciplines...and tries to boil it all down to one bumper-sticker length of words.

You/others continue to willfully and with doses of belligerence try to skip over vast amounts of the sciences evidences, and explanations of How Life diversified on this planet, once and only once it was in the life forming, and sustaining period of its development. That part you all love to ignore and start somewhere in the middle to last part of the "Book" of the many Evolutionary Sciences and their work to date...

No one here has ever said, "Poof, there was a microbe, and then in a few moments later there was a man." No one, but You/others keep hammering that absent nail, doing nothing but damaging the wood, your credibility, and certainly not moving your own argument one micron towards proof of a creator being...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#671 Jun 23, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm not so sure that things back then 'were' that different in terms of man's sensual desires. We don't hear about a lot of issues back then like "homosexuality", which is generally what people refer to know a days when suggesting this idea of grand scale change.
Can you point out any actions of religious politicians that you can maintain to be "illegal"? I don't think expecting Christians to 'conform' to some sort of contemporary change of thought bears any sort of logic.
2. I understand. And quite frankly, to some degree I agree. People want to believe in big hairy beasts in the forest, half-fish/half women entities, little green men who apparently are ethnic Irish, shape-shifting CIA body guards, and of course little grey men from other planets, etc. People suck this stuff up. And it creates TV ratings. They even dominate supposedly educational oriented cable channels.
As a matter of fact, I totally reject the idea of half men/half demons that are often referenced to being represented in the book of Genesis. I respect those who believe that, but I personally do not take that view. I think the Bible presents absolute 'reality'. And if I'm wrong about 'hybrid' human-demons, of course I would accept it, but as of now, I do not.
But because I reject these various 'myth' figures does not mean I reject a spiritual realm. I believe that there 'are' created entities (angels and demons that 'cannot' have sexual relations with humans).
Now I can respect one's opinion if they wish to place the Biblical God, angels, etc. into the same camp as 'mermaids'. But my point is is that generally speaking, the idea of "Separation Of Church And State" (which is not a historical concept) really has nothing to do with mermaids. This apparent change you speak of also relates to State and religion. So with this 'change', there still is suggested this realm of respect 'for' religion. It just needs to supposedly be kept out of governmental activity. Public schools requiring such a book as "Demon Haunted World" be required reading is pushing over that boundary by suggesting a certain "official world religion" is equivalent to mermaids, UFOs, Bigfoot, etc. Even if that reference is very limited to a few paragraphs in one or two chapters.
1. Im not real sure of where you went there...its at first read seems way off-topic. I need to go back and re-read the posts involved...

2. The problem is while You might choose to not believe in the many "special beings" in the Bible, or elsewhere, some of your own demand they must be believed in to be a True Believer. That if its IN the Bible its true, end of sentence. So therefore this belief in super-special-supernatural-Bei ngs has inculcated itself into the very fabric of our cultural belief systems.

By Xtianities blatant absorption of local folk-lores, compounded and by its own constructs of bad angels and Satan and his minions, and teachings that an actual Evil Entity exists and that it works hard to persuade us Humans to sin - has only entrenched the beliefs of these Super-special-supernatural, sometimes even natural (lochness, Bigfoot, yeti, etc) Beings as wholly real.

If at some stage in its history, Xtianity - in some leadership role - had started to dissect, thru logic and reason - all its done to support these myths, these fabled Beings, and moved its congregations away from beliefs therein, and stated that as an article of faith belief in these creatures is not warranted in light of what now know about the natural world - perhaps, perhaps, we'd see less and less of these sorts of TV, pop-culture, etc stories being swallowed whole by a population raised to believe in anything's possible when it comes to Mythical, folk-lore, Super-special-supernatural beings.

If a God/s can exist, in all the fantastic story-telling glory, then so too can any super-special-supernatural Being, that anyone has or can create to suit their flights of fancy.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#672 Jun 23, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm not so sure that things back then 'were' that different in terms of man's sensual desires. We don't hear about a lot of issues back then like "homosexuality", which is generally what people refer to know a days when suggesting this idea of grand scale change.
Can you point out any actions of religious politicians that you can maintain to be "illegal"? I don't think expecting Christians to 'conform' to some sort of contemporary change of thought bears any sort of logic.
Its funny to me how Modern American Xtians believe/think they are not expected to conform to a "contemporary change of thought" - yet the history of Xtianity is rife with such things.

When did the line of no more pragmatic change get, 1. marked in stone, 2. made doctrine?

If it had not been for the changes towards and acceptance of contemporary thought, some of the leaps in civilized/societal morality, that Xtians always take way too much credit for, would have never taken place, or been seriously stalled out...

Slavery comes immediately mind. Its evil was a contemporary POV of the times, and Xtianity for the most part embraced it...outside of the obvious pocket of the Southern States...

Most if not all the changes made to Xtianity - the Reformation is another example, are directly due to an acceptance of contemporary thought.

Basically, as things now stand in American Fundamentalist, and Evangelical Xtianity, those factions are fighting the historical record of changes.

History will roll-over this resistant block who believe that Xtianity is not to evolve and not be pragmatic...and from that future POV, most Xtians will look back with disgust - as do most Xtians now, and call you all a bunch a unTrue Xtians. Intent on worshiping wispy laws and rules of worship, and not the true Spirit of Jesus...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#673 Jun 23, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1 It just needs to supposedly be kept out of governmental activity. Public schools requiring such a book as "Demon Haunted World" be required reading is pushing over that boundary by suggesting a certain "official world religion" is equivalent to mermaids, UFOs, Bigfoot, etc. Even if that reference is very limited to a few paragraphs in one or two chapters.
Youre wrong as thats NOT what the book in question does at all. In fact it barely mentions Xtianity...

How many does this have to be said, teach creationism, but where it belongs, in a Theology or philosophy class. Not a science class. If one or a few school districts someplace is/are using the "Demon Haunted World" in a science class to teach critical thinking, so be it...as thats what the book does, teaches critical thinking...its not a Xtian-bashing book by any stretch.

Job, you may be surprised to hear this, but critical thinking involving logic is not something humans are prone to - most of us need to be taught how to think critically and to use logic. Eve the smartest kids need learn those skills...cause most of them come from homes and a culture where irrational thought and behaviors rule the day. Which are now beatified thru celebrity and TV Entertainment show worship...!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#674 Jun 23, 2013
How many times does this have to be said...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#675 Jun 23, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 'still' all 'micro' evolution...Here I will refrain from namecalling...
We still end up with the same bacteria, finches, humans, Platypus, etc...
Nothing changes, ALL within their kind
But if you still want to go on believing you came from rock, feel free...it's your right...
I won't refrain from name calling. If it grunts like an idiot, it's an idiot.

You're an idiot.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#676 Jun 23, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Youre wrong as thats NOT what the book in question does at all. In fact it barely mentions Xtianity...
How many does this have to be said, teach creationism, but where it belongs, in a Theology or philosophy class. Not a science class. If one or a few school districts someplace is/are using the "Demon Haunted World" in a science class to teach critical thinking, so be it...as thats what the book does, teaches critical thinking...its not a Xtian-bashing book by any stretch.
Job, you may be surprised to hear this, but critical thinking involving logic is not something humans are prone to - most of us need to be taught how to think critically and to use logic. Eve the smartest kids need learn those skills...cause most of them come from homes and a culture where irrational thought and behaviors rule the day. Which are now beatified thru celebrity and TV Entertainment show worship...!
You hit the nail right on the head!

"Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers." ~Bruce Calvert
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#677 Jun 23, 2013
Punisher wrote:
1. <quoted text>Youre wrong as thats NOT what the book in question does at all. In fact it barely mentions Xtianity...

1. It's a bit of a "loaded dice" affair because all one has to claim is that the book is not a "bashing book". But to bring a 'counter' perspective to the 'critique' of religion, no matter how confined within the book, is hit with the "we have to keep religion 'out' of public schools".

I also understand that it's not a religious "bashing" book. That's not really the problem.

2. I understand, and believe it or not, it's not the book being required reading at times that I take issue with. It's the prohibiting of giving a 'counter' view in public schools. And again, the go-to-man will always be "we have to keep religion 'out' of public schools". It's a "double-standard". They can't claim that they are both promoting 'critical thinking', and at the same time breaking their own rules of keeping religion 'out' of public schools when they bring it 'in' in the guise of 'critical thinking'.

I remember calling into a talk-show where the host claimed he wanted an open-discussion on claims that a pastor made concerning UFO's being a Satanic deception. What he really wanted was the discussion to take the route that the proposed notion by this pastor was narrow-minded. He also stipulated that Bible verses were not allowed to be used on air (loaded dice/double standard). When I got on the air, needless to say, I wasn't allowed to say much or stay on very long. Callers that promoted the idea that UFOs/aliens were really inter-planetary travelers seemed to gain broader favor.

I understand these things, and that's how the media operates. I'm using this example though to convey a point.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#678 Jun 23, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Im not real sure of where you went there...its at first read seems way off-topic. I need to go back and re-read the posts involved...

1.I might be off-topic, but not sure. You make certain statements I may need better clarification on. You were implying that Christians "push" for laws restricting the rights of others. I'm just wondering if you feel that there is anything "unconstitutional" going on with these processes you're referring to...or even "illegal"? You seem to be implying that something different is going on among modern Christians that did not happen during the founding fathers era. You believe that a change is in the human mind-set has occurred over the centuries that Christians should, in a sense, conform to (to be a productive part of the "human race"). Would you also agree that the the view of the Constitution may be changing as well among secular society? That maybe the constitution is 'evolving'? Changing where deemed necessary? Or do you think secular society is adhering to a more consistent, to the letter abiding of the Constitution in it's original format?
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#679 Jun 23, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The problem is while You might choose to not believe in the many "special beings" in the Bible, or elsewhere, some of your own demand they must be believed in to be a True Believer. That if its IN the Bible its true, end of sentence. So therefore this belief in super-special-supernatural-Bei ngs has inculcated itself into the very fabric of our cultural belief systems.

2. By Xtianities blatant absorption of local folk-lores, compounded and by its own constructs of bad angels and Satan and his minions, and teachings that an actual Evil Entity exists and that it works hard to persuade us Humans to sin - has only entrenched the beliefs of these Super-special-supernatural, sometimes even natural (lochness, Bigfoot, yeti, etc) Beings as wholly real.
If at some stage in its history, Xtianity - in some leadership role - had started to dissect, thru logic and reason - all its done to support these myths, these fabled Beings, and moved its congregations away from beliefs therein, and stated that as an article of faith belief in these creatures is not warranted in light of what now know about the natural world - perhaps, perhaps, we'd see less and less of these sorts of TV, pop-culture, etc stories being swallowed whole by a population raised to believe in anything's possible when it comes to Mythical, folk-lore, Super-special-supernatural beings.
If a God/s can exist, in all the fantastic story-telling glory, then so too can any super-special-supernatural Being, that anyone has or can create to suit their flights of fancy.
1. Just to clarify, in case of any possible confusion, I think the account of Genesis relating to the Sons of God, daughters of men, giants, men of renown, is not a myth or fable. I believe it was very real. I just don't believe in the human-demon hybrid concept.

2. I disagree. Or, the problem is mutual. It may exist within Christianity, but is not a product of Christianity.

I actually don't see a great difference between a 'naturalist' and 'myself'. I think this whole fantasy realm many are caught up into is a "human originated" problem, not a "Christianity originated" problem. For one, I think we can certainly trace it back to 'paganism' with all the half-human/half-animal figures.

Many humans I think are 'bored' not only with a 'naturalist' concept, but of a 'Biblical' concept. They are neither satisfied with what 'nature' has given us, or what 'God' has given us. Where the 'naturalist' would say that nature has given us just what we need, and it's wonderful 'without' a fantasy realm; 'I' would say God has given us all we need, and it's wonderful as it is as well.

We can see this lack of satisfaction with creation (or evolution depending on how you look at it) in not only fantasy/mythology, movies, mocku-mentaries; but in fashion. For instance, I think the distinct ethnic/racial groups are unique and beautiful "without" having to die their hair a color not common to their race, or wear contact lenses to give the appearance of having an eye-color not common (or even possible) within their race.

Tattoos, rings in various parts of the anatomy, although I respect the right to do so, does not make the individual more interesting. Man is not born with tattoo designs. Man is not born with metallic objects connected to the body. I don't at all knock style. Wanting to look attractive, presentable, etc. But there's enough 'variety' and 'uniqueness' with what God (or nature) has provided for us.

For some reason, humans,'irregardless' of 'religion/Christianity', want to believe there are extraterrestrials, half-human/half-fish, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, etc.

This is a "human" problem. We can't pin it on Christianity.
Divine Buzz

San Diego, CA

#680 Jun 23, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a 'young earth creationist'!
I'd be very interested in hearing the evidence you have that makes you believe in "young earth creationism".

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#681 Jun 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't refrain from name calling. If it grunts like an idiot, it's an idiot.
You're an idiot.
Sorry, I don't grunt...

Brings an interesting story to mind... My Mother-jn-law used to ask her children when they were young if they had to go grunt (term used for poop)... the wife laughs everytime she hears it...

Thanks for proving my point...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#682 Jun 23, 2013
Lord Stannis wrote:
<quoted text>Quit wording your statements like they were written by a total moron
saywhat?
Divine Buzz

San Diego, CA

#683 Jun 24, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a 'young earth creationist'!
I should have asked this question in my prior post to you. Are you a young universe creationist too?

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130624.html

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#684 Jun 24, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't grunt...
Brings an interesting story to mind... My Mother-jn-law used to ask her children when they were young if they had to go grunt (term used for poop)... the wife laughs everytime she hears it...
Thanks for proving my point...
You definitely are an idiot. You've already established that.

Only an idiot would claim that evolution only happens as micro-evolution, and not macro-evolution, since the very definition of evolution includes both.

You see, moron, evolution takes place on several different time scales. Very simple organisms evolve at fast rates, while very complex organisms evolve at a glacial rate.

Have you ever visited the Grand Canyon? Do you accept the idea that it was formed by the erosion caused, over tens of thousands of years, by the Colorado River? Why would you accept that if it can't be proved? Were you there when it first started to form? Was anyone you know there? Did ANYONE witness the formation of the Grand Canyon from start to finish? No, but only an insane person would deny that it formed over an very long span of time.

How do we know that for sure? Because geologists explained how it happened, using principles of geology that are beyond question.

The same goes for evolution - biologists and other scientists, using fully accepted scientific principles, have explained why and how evolution occurs.

Only an idiot would accept the logic behind the explanation of the formation of the Grand Canyon and reject the very same logic that also explains macro-evolution.

You are, beyond any doubt, an idiot.

That's not name-calling: that's simply stating a fact.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#685 Jun 24, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember calling into a talk-show where the host claimed he wanted an open-discussion on claims that a pastor made concerning UFO's being a Satanic deception.
I wonder if you see any connection between your apparent belief that "UFO's being a Satanic deception" and your belief that the earth is only 6000 years old and there were two first humans named Adam and Eve, etc.?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#686 Jun 24, 2013
"The Fourth Gospel: Tales of a Jewish Mystic" by John Shelby Spong

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fourth-Gospel-Jewis...

Book Description

John Shelby Spong, bestselling author and popular proponent of a modern, scholarly and authentic Christianity, argues that this last gospel to be written was misinterpreted by the framers of the fourth-century creeds to be a literal account of the life of Jesus when in fact it is a literary, interpretive retelling of the events in Jesus' life through the medium of fictional characters, from Nicodemus and Lazarus to the "Beloved Disciple."

The Fourth Gospel was designed first to place Jesus into the context of the Jewish scriptures, then to place him into the worship patterns of the synagogue and finally to allow him to be viewed through the lens of a popular form of first-century Jewish mysticism.

The result of this intriguing study is not only to recapture the original message of this gospel, but also to provide us today with a radical new dimension to the claim that in the humanity of Jesus the reality of God has been met and engaged.

Editorial Reviews

“We now approach our scriptures with a literalism that is unparalleled in the history of religion. This new and imaginative book by John Shelby Spong will liberate many people from this unnecessary complication of the religious life.”(Karen Armstrong, author of A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam)

“Bishop Spong’s in-depth struggles with and work on the Gospel of John have resulted in a book that challenges dominant assumptions and interpretations. This book will help anyone who cares to think about faith in open, dynamic, hospitable, and inclusive ways.”(Tat-siong Benny Liew, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean; Professor of New Testament Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA)

“Leave it to Bishop Spong to uncover a message of universal hope that is deeply rooted in Jewish mysticism. Spong’s synthesis of Johannine scholarship will lead both clergy and lay readers to a new appreciation of the surprising origins and message of the Fourth Gospel.”(David Felten & Jeff Procter-Murphy, authors of Living the Questions: The Wisdom of Progressive Christianity)

“Spong is always readable and informative, but this book reads like a cross between a detective story and an adventure saga that is founded on excellent scholarship. I could not put it down.”(Fred C. Plumer, President of Progressive Christianity.Org )

“Spong invites readers on a stimulating and challenging journey to read the gospel of John afresh and to consider Christianity from a new perspective. This is a must read for every Christian who has tried to make sense of this gospel.”(Kah-Jin Jeffrey Kuan, Dean and Professor of Hebrew Bible, The Theological School, Drew University)

“Spong is writing for a lay audience, and he does so magnificently. His thoughts are bracing, his writing exciting, and his conclusions thought provoking. Those who love reading about religion in general and Christianity in particular may want to go through this volume more than once.”(Booklist (starred review))

“Spong stands on solid scholarship.... More important than the negatives to the profoundly persuasive author is the unburnished positive:... The Fourth Gospel calls on the faithful to believe that Jesus achieved “the mystical oneness with the God who is the source of life.”(Publishers Weekly)
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#687 Jun 24, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1.I might be off-topic, but not sure. You make certain statements I may need better clarification on. You were implying that Christians "push" for laws restricting the rights of others. I'm just wondering if you feel that there is anything "unconstitutional" going on with these processes you're referring to...or even "illegal"? You seem to be implying that something different is going on among modern Christians that did not happen during the founding fathers era. You believe that a change is in the human mind-set has occurred over the centuries that Christians should, in a sense, conform to (to be a productive part of the "human race"). Would you also agree that the the view of the Constitution may be changing as well among secular society? That maybe the constitution is 'evolving'? Changing where deemed necessary? Or do you think secular society is adhering to a more consistent, to the letter abiding of the Constitution in it's original format?
Yes the Constitution has this aura of a Living document, where we can work with the content, etc.....will it be completely overturned and re-written...? Cant say for sure, but not in the foreseeable future, as it might look like Americans might be start'n to wake up more and more to the current over-stepping of the Federal govt.

I have no problem with Xtians exercising their rights as American Citizens, and as such stay within the bounds of legal petitioning of the Govt, etc...but I do have problems with ANY Group Lobbying with MONEY and GIFTS, and/or having greater access to our Elected Employees, than any other group would. Which is the reality with various Xtian Organizations; The Dominionists, The Family, the Robertson family as a whole, Ralph Reed and the Christian Coalition, etc, etc...

Note that I said ANY GROUP, so that would include the oil and coal, and corn biz's, and Wall St, and Commerce Dept (which is a lobbying dept of the Fed Govt), etc, etc...Lobbying as its now structured is the bigger problem, that several powerful Xtian groups are exploiting.(I wonder what Xtians think the moral ethical issues are with such exploitation?)

Like I said I dont mind when Xtians as Citizens petition the Govt, the problem is when they try to enact legislation -(thankfully not very well the last two decades, but they have had several scary wins the last few years)- that are not written from a legal POV, but a Faith based one. Using the vague Bible passages as a source of legislation, and seeking to force these changes so to PLEASE this God of theirs...using the Legal system as an altar of worship. Thats the problem.

Its really the POV of such people and groups - that the US Legislative system, all of this nation is to be viewed as an Altar of Worship and as such things need be done to please the Xtian God above the citizenry and their Constitutional rights.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#688 Jun 24, 2013
The only thing this thread shows is a lot of hot air. The only one on here that is telling the truth is the Christian's, the rest is nothing but a joke FACT.....
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#689 Jun 24, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Just to clarify, in case of any possible confusion, I think the account of Genesis relating to the Sons of God, daughters of men, giants, men of renown, is not a myth or fable. I believe it was very real. I just don't believe in the human-demon hybrid concept.
2. I disagree. Or, the problem is mutual. It may exist within Christianity, but is not a product of Christianity.
I actually don't see a great difference between a 'naturalist' and 'myself'. I think this whole fantasy realm many are caught up into is a "human originated" problem, not a "Christianity originated" problem. For one, I think we can certainly trace it back to 'paganism' with all the half-human/half-animal figures.
Many humans I think are 'bored' not only with a 'naturalist' concept, but of a 'Biblical' concept. They are neither satisfied with what 'nature' has given us, or what 'God' has given us. Where the 'naturalist' would say that nature has given us just what we need, and it's wonderful 'without' a fantasy realm; 'I' would say God has given us all we need, and it's wonderful as it is as well.
We can see this lack of satisfaction with creation (or evolution depending on how you look at it) in not only fantasy/mythology, movies, mocku-mentaries; but in fashion. For instance, I think the distinct ethnic/racial groups are unique and beautiful "without" having to die their hair a color not common to their race, or wear contact lenses to give the appearance of having an eye-color not common (or even possible) within their race.
Tattoos, rings in various parts of the anatomy, although I respect the right to do so, does not make the individual more interesting. Man is not born with tattoo designs. Man is not born with metallic objects connected to the body. I don't at all knock style. Wanting to look attractive, presentable, etc. But there's enough 'variety' and 'uniqueness' with what God (or nature) has provided for us.
For some reason, humans,'irregardless' of 'religion/Christianity', want to believe there are extraterrestrials, half-human/half-fish, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, etc.
This is a "human" problem. We can't pin it on Christianity.
Xtianity is part of the problem when it comes to promulgating, and institutionalizing of world where demons lurk behind every curtain.

At best Xtianity should have least kept it contained to a scriptural POV, but instead exploited all the local and native folk-lores it come into contact with...while they persecuted the peoples for their paganism, they also exploited those beliefs, in some cases absorbed them and made them their own in the forms of saints, etc - then went on to spray the words Satan, and Devil onto everything that the modern world invented and created in its technological advance.

MY opinions for sure...but I do think Xtianity and the other Religions are missing the point of pragmatic changes. All the mumbo-jumbo has to be bled out, or more and more they will lose their ability to win people over. Sure it doesnt always look that way, seems like Religions are entrenched...but the numbers are not as clear, not as exact and certainly do not account for the rapid education and exposure to the Real world that the Internet and technology is fostering around the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 51 min Hell-Sucks 559
Do You Support Military Action Against ISIS 1 hr NDanger 119
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 1 hr NDanger 665
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr The_Box 3,104
Pope Francis. Man of God or False Prophet? (Feb '14) 2 hr Sealed by His Spirit 361
dollarsbill vs an athiest 2 hr Thinking 329
Evolution versus Creation, which one is right? 3 hr ol fuddy duddy 205
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 11 hr purplelady1040 1,508
•••

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••