Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Serendipity

Indiana, PA

#1 May 20, 2013
Please pray for the survivors in Oklahoma and the midwest that just lost everything to massive tornados. Many people were killed and those surviving have been absolutely devastated. They are asking for our prayers.....

Thank You and God Bless

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#2 May 20, 2013
Serendipity wrote:
Please pray for the survivors in Oklahoma and the midwest that just lost everything to massive tornados. Many people were killed and those surviving have been absolutely devastated. They are asking for our prayers.....
Thank You and God Bless
Already said one...my stepsister lives about a mile or 2 north of Moore...She is OK as my stepbrother who dodged one last night by a 1/4 mile in Shawnee...

Thanks for starting this thread and GOD Bless you as well...
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#3 May 20, 2013
amen,
we pray to our LORD,
to help them, to give them strenght and patience
thru these tragic times,
not to lose hope,
to be comforted, that help will be there for them
and for the doctors and nurses, that GOD will guide them thru all of this and to give them, wisdom to do what needs to be done
AMEN
little lamb

Australia

#4 May 20, 2013
What do you want us to ask for?

Jesus tells us if we ask for anything in his name he will do it for us

And where two or three are gathered in his name, and agree on anything of importance he will do it..

So we have to agree on what we ask for...what is it you want to ask for specifically.

So we can put our agreement on it..be specific.

I would agree to ask God for comfort in their affliction and to strengthen them and give them wisdom to know what to do?

I pray that God allows the authorities to see that a system of provisions is set up to feed those who have lost everything

I pray that they are given support and are looked after...and that God helps the communities to use their buildings for shelter and care for the homeless...in Jesus name.
Serendipity

Indiana, PA

#5 May 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
I would agree to ask God for comfort in their affliction and to strengthen them and give them wisdom to know what to do?
I pray that God allows the authorities to see that a system of provisions is set up to feed those who have lost everything
I pray that they are given support and are looked after...and that God helps the communities to use their buildings for shelter and care for the homeless...in Jesus name.
Yes, all these I agree on this as well. Also, at this time, they are digging through the rubble of an elementary school, pray that the search and rescue dogs find the children that survived before the night is over.

Thanks for your prayers
Serendipity

Indiana, PA

#6 May 20, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Already said one...my stepsister lives about a mile or 2 north of Moore...She is OK as my stepbrother who dodged one last night by a 1/4 mile in Shawnee...
Thanks for starting this thread and GOD Bless you as well...
Im glad to hear your family is alright, thank you for your prayers, and may the Lord have mercy on those affected by this tragedy.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#7 May 20, 2013
Serendipity wrote:
Thank You and God Bless
it is heartbreaking.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 May 20, 2013
Serendipity wrote:
Thank You and God Bless
They need food, water, shelter, medical supplies, clothes, etc. Why don't you get off your azz and DO something to actually HELP them instead of sitting there talking to yourself and pretending your demonic "god" is "doing" it for you.

Give of yourself, that would be a first.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#9 May 20, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
They need food, water, shelter, medical supplies, clothes, etc. Why don't you get off your azz and DO something to actually HELP them instead of sitting there talking to yourself and pretending your demonic "god" is "doing" it for you.
Give of yourself, that would be a first.
Exactly. I can never understand why in the aftermath of a terrible tragedy like Oklahoma, people pray to their god asking for it's help. A god they believe is omniscient, so therefore knew it would happen yet did nothing to prevent this human tragedy. What makes them think their god is suddenly going to care about their plight now? The terrible event in Oklahoma was a result of nature wreaking havoc, as it does in all parts of the world at times and has nothing to do with any god, just as the help the people of Oklahoma receive will have nothing to do with any god!

Somewhere in Ireland

#13 May 21, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are pure evil.
The Christian churches around the world have done more to aid people in dispair and tragedy, than any goverment in the world. Church members leave their jobs and pack their tents to go help people. I knowa couple of people who went to Haiti during that tsunami.
You atheists do nothing before or after.
You just said that the hurricane was an act of nature, right after saying that God did nothing to stop it.
If God interferred in our lives, your tongue would be stilled. God only comes when He is invited.
This is the season of freewill. Another season of judgment will come upon you, and you will be judged for your choices.
So, atheist, why don't you send money, food or your time.
No dickhead, I said the god that you believe in and also believe is omniscient, did nothing. I don't believe in your god, so why would I think something I don't believe in could do anything? You know nothing about me, you have no idea what I do when it comes to helping people in crisis, but that never stops you fundies from making up shit and lying about people. Anyway, I don't know why I am wasting my time talking to an asshole like you except to repeat what I have already said to you, STFU!
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#15 May 21, 2013
Is there any thread that atheists cant just ruin will all their might. The OP simply asked folks to pray for people in OK in a Christian forum and is attacked.

Seriously, you atheist are some s!ck F#cks. People are dead and all you wanna do is start trouble and shove your opinion in the middle of a prayer request.

Why did God allow all those people to die yesterday?? WHO KNOW...All that is asked for is a simple prayers for the victims. SO if you don't believe in God, the post doesn't apply to you and no one is forcing you to pray for them

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

#16 May 21, 2013
Ant wrote:
Is there any thread that atheists cant just ruin will all their might. The OP simply asked folks to pray for people in OK in a Christian forum and is attacked.
If you really want to help them send money or supplies. Prayer is just an empty gesture.
Ant wrote:
Seriously, you atheist are some s!ck F#cks. People are dead and all you wanna do is start trouble and shove your opinion in the middle of a prayer request.
I have read some of your responses to other posters. Since you obviously live in a glass house perhaps you should avoid throwing stones.
Ant wrote:
Why did God allow all those people to die yesterday?? WHO KNOW...All that is asked for is a simple prayers for the victims. SO if you don't believe in God, the post doesn't apply to you and no one is forcing you to pray for them
It was a result of the WEATHER you superstitious nincompoop.
Serendipity

Indiana, PA

#17 May 21, 2013
Hi folks, Update from the Oklahoma Governor.....

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/oklahom...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#18 May 21, 2013
Matthew 5:45
This tragedy is not a judgment from God.

Somewhere in Ireland

#21 May 21, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>People died from a tragedy. That happens. You are pure evil.
Why would God do anything? That is your sick belief. There is nothing in the Bible that we believe in that says that God would interfere in weather mishaps.
I suggest that you take your sick and deviant evil self to the bank and empty it and send them $10. You can eat when you get paid again in two weeks.
You're just plain evil. Your own children must hate you. I hope they never need anything.
NOW, GO TO THE BANK AND SEND SOME MONEY AND PERHAPS PART OF THAT BLACK HOLE IN YOUR HEAT MAY BE FILLED.
MAY GOD PUT IT ON THE HEARTS OF EVEN ATHEISTS TO HELP DURING TIMES OF TRAGEDY- THIS IS MY PRAYER.
Oh my, not another one of your aliases, you must get confused as to who you are most of the time. Anyway, if you don't believe your god would interfere in weather mishaps, what makes you think your god would interfere after the tragedy when all those unfortunate people have been killed? As I said before, you don't know me and you have no idea what I do to help people in crisis, but whatever it is I will not be wasting my time praying. Helping hands achieve so much more than praying hands. I see from the content of your post that you are still making up shit as you go along. Where would you fundies be if you weren't able to make up shit? Truth and reality are certainly not things that concern fundies to any degree!
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#22 May 21, 2013
You can donate on line to many charities to help those affected by the tornado. Red Cross, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities and Samaritan's Purse are some of many that continually reach out to help those in crisis.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#23 May 21, 2013
it's rather amazing, how some demand we do something, about the tragedies
these individuals believe we just sit back and watch,
as christians, help has been given not at the moment of the tragedy, but have been prepared to help, thru the years
christians, in their churches, thru volunteers, christian professionals in medical field, have gone and helped those, in time of suffering
christians do not need to be told what to do,
by those who demand we do something, while they never lift a finger to HELP
in every tragedies in this world, christians were first to help, by being
gatherers of supplies, collectors of money, to help to rebuild, spiritual help, help to relocate, medical help, help with counciling, the list goes on
while the rest, sit and watch
AND DO NOTHING !!!

Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#24 May 21, 2013
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to help them send money or supplies. Prayer is just an empty gesture.
<quoted text>
I have read some of your responses to other posters. Since you obviously live in a glass house perhaps you should avoid throwing stones.
<quoted text>
It was a result of the WEATHER you superstitious nincompoop.
You a$$ I know it was the weather. I was responding to someone that said why did God allow this to happen or allow these people to die.

But I will agree with you that money is needed along with prayers to truly help in disasters. I can sit at my couch and pray for someone all day, but if i don't donate one dollar, its just a warm fuzzy feeling of praying for helpless victims.

But I will no longer reply to you, because I am breaking my own rules of replying to atheists and other idiots on here that always have smart a$$ comments to say.

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

#25 May 21, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
But I will no longer reply to you, because I am breaking my own rules of replying to atheists and other idiots on here that always have smart a$$ comments to say.
I will still respond to your comments if I feel the need. Sure, the conversation will be very one sided. Rather like it is now actually so no change there.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#26 May 21, 2013
Serendipity wrote:
<quoted text>
Im glad to hear your family is alright, thank you for your prayers, and may the Lord have mercy on those affected by this tragedy.
Thanks and YES, may HE have mercy...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LET'S TALK TRUTH the REAL TRUTH 8 min Believer 52
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 10 min -Lea- 13,702
Christianity about to be born. 15 min Believer 17
Gays, Lesbians ............. 23 min dollarsbill 2
Time is Coming! Are you ready for it? 40 min dollarsbill 58
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 42 min dollarsbill 2,074
intelligent debate 44 min dollarsbill 55
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 1 hr dollarsbill 121
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr Hell-Sucks 456
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 54