“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#183 Feb 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Not before your mama.
Are you kidding? A yo mama joke? So twenty years ago?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#184 Feb 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
Another anonymous key-board killer.
I'd ball your a55 up boy, you just don't know...
But anyways.
You couldn't think your way out of a mental institution so your fighting skills wouldn't scare my 10 year old. You should probably fu&k off to whatever ghetto you came from now.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#185 Feb 7, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, I'm not a "fundy", not even a "christian" you fkn moronic devil.
And I don't recall asking your fkn opinion.
Do me a favor and go watch tv in the bath-tub, will ya? Plug it in and sit it right on your lap...Seinfeld's on.
But
The Jews wouldn't claim you, either.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#186 Feb 7, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, I'm not a "fundy", not even a "christian" you fkn moronic devil.
And I don't recall asking your fkn opinion.
Do me a favor and go watch tv in the bath-tub, will ya? Plug it in and sit it right on your lap...Seinfeld's on.
But
P.S.

Frank,
This is an open forum. If you don't like it, go write letters to your grandma, or something.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#187 Feb 7, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 9:6
King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Oops. Time to get back into the "Word." But, it does not look like you believe the Bible anyway, "Dolly."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#188 Feb 7, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
I can recite documented literature from Catholic sources that proves that they DO deify Mary.
CC (Catechism) 966: "Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as QUEEN over all things, so that she might be the more fully conformed to her Son, the Lord of lords and conqueror of sin and death.'[LG 59; cf. Pius XII, Munificentissimus Deus (1950): DS 3903; cf. Rev 19:16.] The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is a singular participation in her Son's Resurrection and an anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians: In giving birth you kept your virginity; in your Dormition you did not leave the world, O Mother of God, but were joined to the source of Life. You conceived the living God and, by your prayers, will deliver our souls from death." [Byzantine Liturgy, Troparion, Feast of the Dormition, August 15th.]
Here she is declared to be free from all orginal sin (sinless) and to have been taken to heaven, body and soul, and is being declared as the deliverer of souls.
CC 969: "This motherhood of Mary in the order of grace continues uninterruptedly from the consent which she loyally gave at the Annunciation and which she sustained without wavering beneath the cross, until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect. Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation .... Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix." [LG 62.]
Here she is made responsible for eternal salvation. And is being made virtual co-Redeemer with her son. The word "mediatrix" is used, which means a female mediator, but the Bible says there is only one Mediator:
1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (KJV)
One Savior:
Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.(KJV)
Mary is named as an advocate and helper by the Catholic Church. But Jesus is the Advocate and helper, Mary is not given these titles in the Bible:
I Jn 2:1
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (KJV)
Heb 13:6 (this is quoted from Psm 118:6 in the O.T.)6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.(KJV)
CC 964: This union of the mother with the Son in the work of salvation ....
Working with right along side Christ in salvation?
CC 2677: Because she gives us Jesus, her son, Mary is Mother of God and our mother; we can entrust all our cares and petitions to her: she prays for us as she prayed for herself:'Let it be to me according to your word. By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All-Holy One.
Praying to her and asking her to pray for us? Intrusting all your cares and petitions (prayer is a petition)to her? We are only to pray to God and if we pray to anyone or thing else it is idol worship, just like the definition says. ANd she is made the mother of "MERCY" and "all-holy one" here! She is being made equal with God!
Now, who can argue with that? Right from official Church doctrine.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#189 Feb 7, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your religion and I've got mine.
Queen of Peace, pray for us.
Exactly. You prove that Catholicism is YOUR religion,and not Christianity.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#190 Feb 7, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been carrying a Rosary in my pocket for many months, all the time, and pray the Rosary often. First I carried that one Milagro chewed up, the one I call the busy work project from the puzzle factory. Now I just keep that one by my bed and carried the one from Bethlehem for a while, remember you've got first dibs on that one, but the chain is too fine and I had to make a repair so I set that aside. Now I'm carrying one that appears quite durable that I found in storage when I was looking for clothes to donate to the yard sale to help the Tarahumara Indians in Chihuahua. It's obviously hand made with wooden beads; no two beads alike so I guess they're hand carved; really ingriguing knots between the beads and a very simple cross that I find quite appealing.
Refuge of sinners, pray for us.
Comforter of the afflicted, pray for us.
Help of Christians, pray for us.
Queen of Angels, pray for us.
Queen of Patriarchs, pray for us.
Queen of Prophets, pray for us.
Queen of Apostles, pray for us.
Queen of Martyrs, pray for us.
Queen of Confessors, pray for us.
Queen of Virgins, pray for us.
Queen of all Saints, pray for us.
Babylonian harlot!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#191 Feb 7, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>because you are not capable!
She is very capable and telling the truth. Your immortal soul is in danger. You are hanging by a thread over the pit of Hell.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#192 Feb 7, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
It just cheeses you off to no end, that the Catholics compiled THE Bible you follow, doesn't it?
And at times, God has worked through the wicked and unsaved to accomplish His purpose. He is all-powerful and all-knowing. That version compiled by the Church of Rome was polluted and mistranslated. And, remember, King James was not a Christian, but commissioned scholars to translate the Bible into English. God already looked down through the ages, and knew what avenues to take in order to preserve His written Word.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#193 Feb 7, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Since even secular scholars have demonstrated that catholicism is a kind of christianized paganism (the church having christianized the pagan beliefs and practices of the Romans in order to ease their transition into christianity)...and since probaly 80% of what you believe or practice is "Church tradition" with little or no biblical basis--isn't it a bit backwards for you to denounce people whom try to abide by what's in the bible as "fundys", calling them ignorant and the such?
Time and time again I see catholics in here criticizing protestants for actually believing in what the bible says, lol.
How do you justify this?
And btw, not trying to argue (I'm not a protestant) but am sincerely curious about that.
peace
What are you talking about? I don't criticize Christians in general of Protestants in particular. I criticize fundies who bury the Bible in manure, slap on a bumper fish, recite some silly incantations and claim they've got a lock on salvation. In my opinion atheists, agnostics, Christians in general and Catholics in particular and anyone else with a few working brain cells feels the same. It appears you have not been paying attention.

God bless you.

Yikes! I just saw that. Fundies abide by the Bible? You really haven't been paying attention.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#194 Feb 7, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
So those guys in the vatican are a kind of G-d on earth, huh?
Many a pope has stated that - literally!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#195 Feb 7, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I don't criticize Christians in general of Protestants in particular. I criticize fundies who bury the Bible in manure, slap on a bumper fish, recite some silly incantations and claim they've got a lock on salvation. In my opinion atheists, agnostics, Christians in general and Catholics in particular and anyone else with a few working brain cells feels the same. It appears you have not been paying attention.
God bless you.
Yikes! I just saw that. Fundies abide by the Bible? You really haven't been paying attention.
"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so as it is now." - Gal 4:29 That is what it all comes down to in this world. Dolly, are you sure you are born after the Spirit? You seem to take pleasure in mocking Christians, after the manner of pagans, atheists, Catholics, etc.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#196 Feb 7, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. You prove that Catholicism is YOUR religion,and not Christianity.
You really are an idiot

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#197 Feb 7, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. You prove that Catholicism is YOUR religion,and not Christianity.
What difference does it make to you what faith I practice? I do just what you do, aside from worshipping the Bible instead of God, plus I do what Jesus Christ commanded.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#198 Feb 7, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Babylonian harlot!
Not according to the Hebrew scholars. The Babylonian harlot is the pagan Roman empire. John the revelator didn't did nothing but copy and often rerecast Hebrew apocalypses.

Maybe, if you're so well versed in Revelation, you should read the Old Testament, there is one you know, and you'll see that I speak the truth.
FreeChic

United States

#199 Feb 7, 2013
Scriptures you Catholics should learn:

1 Tim 4:1-3
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.(KJV)

2 Tim 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.(KJV)

2 Cor 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.(KJV)

The word transformed in the Greek means disguised: 13. Should read "disguising" themeselves as apostles of Christ 14. should read, Satan himself is "disguised" as an angel of light. 15. Therfore it is no great thing if his ministers also be "disguised" as ministers of righteousness;

Rom 1:20-25
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#200 Feb 7, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so as it is now." - Gal 4:29 That is what it all comes down to in this world. Dolly, are you sure you are born after the Spirit? You seem to take pleasure in mocking Christians, after the manner of pagans, atheists, Catholics, etc.
You don't even know what born of the Holy Spirit means.

Once again, I think it would be a good idea if you read the Old Testament, there is one you know. That's really the key. I got so tired of listing to fundies born again this, born again that, born again blah blah blah I followed Jesus' advice to Nicodemus and figured it out.

Consider the oft neglected John 3:10:

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

The key is in the Old Testament.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#201 Feb 7, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
Scriptures you Catholics should learn:
1 Tim 4:1-3
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.(KJV)
2 Tim 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.(KJV)
2 Cor 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.(KJV)
The word transformed in the Greek means disguised: 13. Should read "disguising" themeselves as apostles of Christ 14. should read, Satan himself is "disguised" as an angel of light. 15. Therfore it is no great thing if his ministers also be "disguised" as ministers of righteousness;
Rom 1:20-25
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
In later times they will depart from the faith. Your fundie religion dates to the 1930's at the earliest and really didn't take off until the seventies. That would be you. The most anti-Christian rhetoric I've heard in this forum comes from the fundies.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#202 Feb 7, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what born of the Holy Spirit means.
Once again, I think it would be a good idea if you read the Old Testament, there is one you know. That's really the key. I got so tired of listing to fundies born again this, born again that, born again blah blah blah I followed Jesus' advice to Nicodemus and figured it out.
Consider the oft neglected John 3:10:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
The key is in the Old Testament.
My brother, Freechic out did you, she posted way more stuff. It did pertain to anything, she just copied more stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 7 min Cookie_Parker 18,519
Evoution Frauds 32 min par five 68
sad 1 hr QUITTNER Dec 28 2014 10
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 1 hr Mr Ironhart 113
Newsweek ,How Christians Often Misinterpret the... 2 hr dollarsbill 18
Is America the most immoral.. 2 hr dollarsbill 8
The Love of God vs the Wrath of God 2 hr dollarsbill 10
Let's talk about God's definition of love 4 hr dollarsbill 592
More from around the web