Next Last
FreeChic

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2013

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Mary is a finite creature, the honor she is due is fundamentally different in kind from the honor owed to the infinite Creator.

The difference between the honor due to God and that due to humans has been to use the words adore and adoration to describe the total, consuming reverence due to God and the terms venerate, veneration, and honor to refer to the respect due humans. Thus, Catholics sometimes say, "We adore God but we honor his saints."

Unfortunately, many non-Catholics have been so schooled in hostility toward the Church that they appear unable or unwilling to recognize these distinctions. They confidently (often arrogantly) assert that Catholics "worship" Mary and the saints, and, in so doing, commit idolatry. This is patently false, of course, but the education in anti-Catholic prejudice is so strong that one must patiently explain that Catholics do not worship anyone but God. The Church is very strict about the fact that worship is to be given only to God.
FreeChic

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Ma Ha Ha Ha ha ha... Ooooh, keeping ya busy tonight, aren't I! Oh I just thought I'd give you something to waste more time on. Waste your life away commenting and reading and debating in this forum. I'll give ya somethin to talk about! ROTFL!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
Ma Ha Ha Ha ha ha... Ooooh, keeping ya busy tonight, aren't I! Oh I just thought I'd give you something to waste more time on. Waste your life away commenting and reading and debating in this forum. I'll give ya somethin to talk about! ROTFL!!
YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
Quite the opposite.
You are making yourself the fool here.

Sad.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'RE AWESOME!!!
Here's another one.
Two fools.

At least Wayne showed more sense than you two.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'RE AWESOME!!!
And, she's GS.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Mary is a finite creature, the honor she is due is fundamentally different in kind from the honor owed to the infinite Creator.
The difference between the honor due to God and that due to humans has been to use the words adore and adoration to describe the total, consuming reverence due to God and the terms venerate, veneration, and honor to refer to the respect due humans. Thus, Catholics sometimes say, "We adore God but we honor his saints."
Unfortunately, many non-Catholics have been so schooled in hostility toward the Church that they appear unable or unwilling to recognize these distinctions. They confidently (often arrogantly) assert that Catholics "worship" Mary and the saints, and, in so doing, commit idolatry. This is patently false, of course, but the education in anti-Catholic prejudice is so strong that one must patiently explain that Catholics do not worship anyone but God. The Church is very strict about the fact that worship is to be given only to God.
Worship is worship no matter how you try to disguise it. The Lord God will not be fooled, nor are we, by Catholic rationalization and justification of IDOLATRY!

Location hidden

#9 Feb 5, 2013
The Catholic Church has elevated itself above the very Word of God. Writings from its church fathers and its traditions supersede what the firsthand disciples wrote down under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Yea, the church of Rome has hoisted itself above God Himself. Jesus warned the Pharisees "Full well ye reject the commandments of God, that ye may keep the traditions of men."

“I'm usually right”

Since: Feb 13

I 'm not sure

#10 Feb 5, 2013
"Do catholics worship Mary"

Yes

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#11 Feb 5, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Worship is worship no matter how you try to disguise it. The Lord God will not be fooled, nor are we, by Catholic rationalization and justification of IDOLATRY!
"Therefore I ask the Blessed Virgin Mary, all the angels and saints and you, my broters and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God."
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#12 Feb 5, 2013
5:17 pm, Tuesday, February 5, 2013:
RE: Do Catholics Worship the Mother Mary?
..... Do Catholics follow the lifestyle of Jesus and his, and only his, teachings?
..... Jesus left his home, including his mother, and instead claimed that his disciples are his new mother and brothers (Matt.12:49). There is no indication that in Jesus' time anyone worshiped the mother of Jesus.
..... After Jesus had been crucified many so-called "Christianities" were invented with all sorts of Non-Jesus teachings - they should all be ignored.
...... Anyone praying/saying "Hail Mary..." - does that constitute a worship of Mary?
..... How about the Saints? Are they being worshiped by anyone?

“I'm usually right”

Since: Feb 13

I 'm not sure

#13 Feb 5, 2013
..been studying religion as an agnostic for years and its obvious to anyone whom has done the same that catholicism is the furthest from what's taught in the bible---not that it matters, of course.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Furthermore, many of your church fathers discounted Marian doctrines. Bernard of Clairvaux, Alexander of Hales, Bonaventure, and Thomas Aquinas rejected the sinless nature of Mary as sound church doctrine. Tertullian, Eunomius, Jovianian, Hledvius and Bonosus considered the perpetual virginity of Mary to be a Christian fable unsupported by Holy Scripture. Historical facts your church never publicizes. You have been duped by New Testament Pharisees.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 5, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore I ask the Blessed Virgin Mary, all the angels and saints and you, my broters and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God."
You pray to a pagan, virgin goddess, so your prayer will go unheard.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#16 Feb 5, 2013
5:53 pm, Tuesday, February 5, 2013:
RE: Do Catholics Worship the Mother Mary?
agnostic zen guy, what matters is ow much money is being collected, and "is the price worth it?" Obviously those paying the money think it was worth it for what they got for their money.
..... As I keep repeating, anyone can invent a belief system, but it takes real talent to come up with one that gets its members to pay clergy a lot of money for centuries.
..... As a result of your studies, what are your most important conclusions?

Location hidden

#17 Feb 5, 2013
agnostic zen guy wrote:
..been studying religion as an agnostic for years and its obvious to anyone whom has done the same that catholicism is the furthest from what's taught in the bible---not that it matters, of course.
I have always challenged Nettie to research objective, historical sources, but she sticks her head in the sand. You have come to the correct conclusion, as I did in researching church history.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#18 Feb 5, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>You pray to a pagan, virgin goddess, so your prayer will go unheard.
and you continue to masturbate! When is he comin?

Location hidden

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>and you continue to masturbate! When is he comin?
Really immature, act your age not your iq troth!

*stern look*

Location hidden

#20 Feb 5, 2013
lol it's shaping up to be a rough week for the fake Catholics Nettie and Lamo!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 4 min tahoegirl 2,025
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 min FSM 13,663
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 8 min Laci Ann 7 401
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 16 min dollarsbill 2,841
Christianity is a Cult of good and evil. 55 min dollarsbill 65
Time is Coming! Are you ready for it? 1 hr dollarsbill 24
intelligent debate 1 hr dollarsbill 38
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 1 hr Hell-Sucks 88
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 1 hr dollarsbill 236
Take America Back 5 hr Passing thru 986