Pastors with Guns
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jul 11, 2013
In Kentucky, U.S.A., state law was recently amended to permit pastors to carry concealed guns in church if they hold a concealed weapons license, reports Reuters news service. Previously, pastors licensed to carry concealed deadly weapons could not do so in places of worship in the state. In 1997, some Kentucky churches were robbed of their collection money at gunpoint. Although no one was hurt,“ministers and priests of rural churches lobbied state lawmakers to allow them to carry concealed guns,” states the report. Not all clergy, however, are in favor of the change. Nancy Jo Kemper, Executive Director of the Kentucky Council of Churches, asked:“How can we expect our children to learn that guns will not solve problems if they see even ministers, who are supposed to be agents of peace and reconciliation, carrying weapons that can kill?”
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#2 Jul 11, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
In Kentucky, U.S.A., state law was recently amended to permit pastors to carry concealed guns in church if they hold a concealed weapons license, reports Reuters news service. Previously, pastors licensed to carry concealed deadly weapons could not do so in places of worship in the state. In 1997, some Kentucky churches were robbed of their collection money at gunpoint. Although no one was hurt,“ministers and priests of rural churches lobbied state lawmakers to allow them to carry concealed guns,” states the report. Not all clergy, however, are in favor of the change. Nancy Jo Kemper, Executive Director of the Kentucky Council of Churches, asked:“How can we expect our children to learn that guns will not solve problems if they see even ministers, who are supposed to be agents of peace and reconciliation, carrying weapons that can kill?”
If you ask me, it's a travesty to carry a concealed weapon in the house of The Lord.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jul 12, 2013
GOD wrote:
God n guns.. they forgot my commandment!
John>>

It was not God who had the guns it was the false prophets the clergy.

Matthew 7:15-16
Darby Translation (DARBY)
15 But beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but within are ravening wolves.

16 By their fruits ye shall know them.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 12, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ask me, it's a travesty to carry a concealed weapon in the house of The Lord.
Very good point!
QUITTNER

Markham, Canada

#7 Jul 14, 2013
4:52 pm, Sunday, July 14, 2013:
REL Pastors with Guns
..... Jesus never carried, nor ever used, a gun!

Location hidden

#8 Jul 15, 2013
GOD wrote:
<quoted text>Dont play that crap! I just heard you think that you wish you could do that! You are such a mistake, I have no i dea why I dont pull your card!
Perhaps because you are in a padded cell?
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#9 Jun 13, 2014
The Apostles carried swords. Do you suppose they left their sword at the door before entering the synagogue?
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#10 Jun 13, 2014
QUITTNER wrote:
4:52 pm, Sunday, July 14, 2013:
REL Pastors with Guns
..... Jesus never carried, nor ever used, a gun!
That's true. It's also true that there were no guns back then.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
The Apostles carried swords. Do you suppose they left their sword at the door before entering the synagogue?
Only to fulfill prophecy.

Isaiah 53:12 (NKJV)
12 , And He was numbered with the transgressors,

Mark 15:27-28 (NKJV)
27 With Him they also crucified two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left. 28 So the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And He was numbered with the transgressors."

Jesus told them to not use their swords.

Matthew 26:52 (NKJV)
52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#12 Jun 13, 2014
All this negative talk about pastors carrying a concealed weapon has nothing to do with biblical teaching. I think it has more to do with uninformed people giving their uninformed opinions.
This world is a dangerous place - and pastors are easy targets for some crazy wild-eyed drughead. The pastor is usually the last person to leave the church building. I was leaving church just a few weeks ago, when suddenly I was met by a much younger man in the parking lot. He appeared to be intoxicated and wanting money. Fortunately, another church member and his wife were still inside the church - and when they walked out the door the man backed off. Had they not been there, I'm sure the man would have robbed me.
ALSO, there are many pastors who serve small, rural churches - and many of those churches are secluded.
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#13 Jun 13, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Only to fulfill prophecy.
Isaiah 53:12 (NKJV)
12 , And He was numbered with the transgressors,
Mark 15:27-28 (NKJV)
27 With Him they also crucified two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left. 28 So the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And He was numbered with the transgressors."
Jesus told them to not use their swords.
Matthew 26:52 (NKJV)
52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
Your comment has nothing to do with the subject of this Topix. So what is your point?

Location hidden

#14 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
<quoted text> Your comment has nothing to do with the subject of this Topix. So what is your point?
I replied to YOUR post.
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#15 Jun 13, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>I replied to YOUR post.
Do you always use Scripture to manipulate conversations? Those Scripture verses you used to comment on my post, don't have anything to do with the subject of this Topix.
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#16 Jun 13, 2014
Guns are tools - and when they are in the hands of sane people they can save innocent lives from being destroyed. Police officers want to go home to their family at the end of their shift - why shouldn't pastors be afforded the same privilege?

Location hidden

#17 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always use Scripture to manipulate conversations? Those Scripture verses you used to comment on my post, don't have anything to do with the subject of this Topix.
You're looking for an excuse to kill. You won't get it from me or the NT.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
Guns are tools - and when they are in the hands of sane people they can save innocent lives from being destroyed. Police officers want to go home to their family at the end of their shift - why shouldn't pastors be afforded the same privilege?
Pastors are supposed to believe the NT.

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#19 Jun 13, 2014
It would wise to gather some facts before condemning any pastor who might carry a concealed weapon. I don’t carry a weapon myself – I don’t even have a permit to carry concealed. But I certainly can see why some pastors would want to carry a weapon for self defense and protection. I have traveled many miles to and from church services alone, traveled in the wee hours of night alone, and been in some pretty rough neighborhoods alone. I have been blessed – I have never been physically harmed. However, onetime a crazy church member acted like he wanted to fight me in the church yard – and he ended up nearly spitting in my face. Prior to my arrival at the same church, this same guy’s group had physically beaten another church member so severely that he had to be hospitalized. Pastors don’t live an easy life – especially those who don’t give in to the church bullies and the modern day Pharisees.

Location hidden

#20 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
It would wise to gather some facts before condemning any pastor who might carry a concealed weapon. I don’t carry a weapon myself – I don’t even have a permit to carry concealed. But I certainly can see why some pastors would want to carry a weapon for self defense and protection. I have traveled many miles to and from church services alone, traveled in the wee hours of night alone, and been in some pretty rough neighborhoods alone. I have been blessed – I have never been physically harmed. However, onetime a crazy church member acted like he wanted to fight me in the church yard – and he ended up nearly spitting in my face. Prior to my arrival at the same church, this same guy’s group had physically beaten another church member so severely that he had to be hospitalized. Pastors don’t live an easy life – especially those who don’t give in to the church bullies and the modern day Pharisees.
If Pastors don't believe the NT they shouldn't be Pastors.
Preacher Myself

Somerset, KY

#21 Jun 13, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>You're looking for an excuse to kill. You won't get it from me or the NT.
I don’t know who you are – but you just falsely accused me. I am not looking for an excuse to hurt anyone. What makes you think that a person who carries a concealed weapon wants to hurt somebody? Cops carry weapons, even concealed weapons. Do they want to hurt people? It’s sad, but people who twist Scripture to suit themselves, are causing havoc in churches around the world. A lying tongue can do more damage and harm than any firearm.

Location hidden

#22 Jun 13, 2014
Preacher Myself wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t know who you are – but you just falsely accused me.
Then what's your point? Jesus forbade His people from killing anyone, PERIOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PAUL OUR FATHER . 1Cor 4: 15 (Feb '16) 3 min Jesus is 81
Design, Nowhere Evident 26 min Blodewedd 484
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 42 min Big Al 9,543
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 1 hr blacklagoon 55
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr truth 2,410
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 1 hr BARNS Bro 56
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr Barmsweb 5,942
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Sceptical_Mal 20,498
More from around the web