1. First off your terms are specious, one term in particular..."super-natur alist".<quoted text>
1. Which is why I sort of tossed out a question earlier suggesting a means of solving a 'problem'. A naturalist cannot be expected to know what a supernaturalist experiences. He doesn't walk in his shoes. And the supernaturalist doesn't walk in the shoes of the naturalist. A supernaturalist shouldn't expect the naturalist to see things his way, and vice versa.
2. In the area of science, the naturalist, in my opinion, would do well to respect the supernaturalist's (or the Christian's) view of creationism, since the naturalist cannot know for certain that the supernaturalist has 'not' encountered an intelligent designer/creator/God. And the existence of a 'real' God would/could change the landscape concerning 'evolution'.
3. Just the very existence of God 'could' be a deciding factor on whether or not evolution (as presented by evolutionists) really took place as opposed to a God bringing us into existence via intelligent design presented in the book of Genesis.
It's when either of the 2 positions are mandated that the problems arise.
No such thing exists. One would have to discover and prove supernaturalism in order to be an -ist.
Like these idiots who claim to be Big Foot hunters on these stupid TV shows...you're not an actual hunter of anything till you actually hunt one down and catch/kill one. Maybe call themselves a Hunter-in-waiting, or something like that...or a super-naturalist in waiting...as in waiting for someone to figure out a way to even find a way to the supernatural so to study it...
Your super-naturalist doesnt even have real shoes to walk in...they are like the Emperors new Clothes...believed in, but not proved to be real...
2. These "encounters" are again another way to play fast and loose with terms. For one, we have all those individuals who claim to be a true pipeline (to use your terms) to this God, and as such they claim to be have been told by Him, well the HS part of him, that everything in the Bible is the gods honest truth. From A&E thru the floods to the Book of Rev.
So are all these claimants Super-naturalists? Are we going to use the term to mean Believers now? Where we will use the term Naturalists to mean scientists, believers and not, or everyone who believes the naturalist explanations of the natural world...?
As for the landscape, why should Evolutionary Theory really change IF this Creator ONLY set the thing in motion...merely triggered it, like I or you would when we plant and water seeds...am I now involved in all the "decisions" of the growth cycle...?
Perhaps all this or any God did was plant the magic seeds and let things take their Natural course...???