God & Marijuana

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#22 May 12, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we know what he meant by talking to a burning bush.(wink, wink)Sure it was an ordinary bush, sure Moses, sure...
I burned a few bushes as well in my youth.No wait at a Nazareth concert a burning bush got passed around.That whole week was like a supernatural dream.Would not be surprised if I talked to supernatural beings or supernatural bushes.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

#23 May 12, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
I know that the Catholic religion teaches all things in moderation. I also know that all early tribes relied on hallucinogenic drugs to get inspiration from GOD.
Yeah! Why else would God grow these things. Moderation is important though. If it helps, then great! If it doesn't, then don't do it.
Not a sin! Can't see it that way.
causing harm

Las Vegas, NV

#24 May 12, 2013
If it isn't hurting anyone then it's not a problem at all.

It's the worship of it, or the incessant need for it, And the funding of bad people for an unnessecary product, etc... That can cause trouble.

I've met many pot heads that loved pot way to much and didn't use it for any good reason at all, it even took precedence over relationships with their families.

Good old terence was smart about it, very logical, he did it as needed and for good reason also.

And you guys are seriously getting ripped off with that stuff, how in the hell does a plant become worth that much money exactly? Perhaps you are being over charged maybe.

“Home Among the Gum Trees”

Since: Mar 13

The World

#25 May 12, 2013
English Dave wrote:
Hi people, I like to think I'm a good, caring person who has always accepted Jesus as my mate and in an evening I smoke a bit of weed to help me unwind, I see nothing in my use of pot that would piss Jesus off, your opinions please. Thanks
Well the Bible does say:

Genesis 1:29
Then God said,I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

It doesn't sound like He had a problem with it. Just don't get busted.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

#26 May 12, 2013
causing harm wrote:
If it isn't hurting anyone then it's not a problem at all.
It's the worship of it, or the incessant need for it, And the funding of bad people for an unnessecary product, etc... That can cause trouble.
I've met many pot heads that loved pot way to much and didn't use it for any good reason at all, it even took precedence over relationships with their families.
Good old terence was smart about it, very logical, he did it as needed and for good reason also.
And you guys are seriously getting ripped off with that stuff, how in the hell does a plant become worth that much money exactly? Perhaps you are being over charged maybe.
Mine was free. Grew behind my compost pit. I would never participate in the money side of it. I'm not sure where my original seeds came from though.
I'd love to know how to grow those shrooms, but there are places around to find them.
Moon lit campfire anyone?
little lamb

Australia

#27 May 12, 2013
Punisher wrote:
Druggary isn't even a word.
Where in the Bible does it mention drugs? Exactly mention drugs...
Greek word 'pharmakeia'

The root meaning of this Greek word is 'druggist''poisoner' or,'giver of potions

Revelation 9:20 "Neither repented they of their murders nor of their sorceries (pharmakeia), nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts"

Revelation 18:23 "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (pharmakeia) were all nations deceived."

Another form of the word is used in Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers (pharmakeus), and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#28 May 12, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek word 'pharmakeia'
The root meaning of this Greek word is 'druggist''poisoner' or,'giver of potions
Revelation 9:20 "Neither repented they of their murders nor of their sorceries (pharmakeia), nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts"
Revelation 18:23 "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (pharmakeia) were all nations deceived."
Another form of the word is used in Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers (pharmakeus), and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
And yet you take drugs when sick. What was a sorcerer? a person that took willow bark mashed it with a bit of water for you to drink to lower fever.AKA an aspirin.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#29 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek word 'pharmakeia'
The root meaning of this Greek word is 'druggist''poisoner' or,'giver of potions
Revelation 9:20 "Neither repented they of their murders nor of their sorceries (pharmakeia), nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts"
Revelation 18:23 "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (pharmakeia) were all nations deceived."
Another form of the word is used in Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers (pharmakeus), and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Errr... adding "pharmakeia' in brackets to scripture? It is you who is deceiving.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#30 May 13, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Errr... adding "pharmakeia' in brackets to scripture? It is you who is deceiving.
The original Greek word used in those verses for sorceries was pharmakeia. You see the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. Holy men wrote the Word of God as led by the Holy Spirit.

The omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient God knew that drug use would become a major problem in these latter days.

O Lord, thy Word is true!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#31 May 13, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you take drugs when sick. What was a sorcerer? a person that took willow bark mashed it with a bit of water for you to drink to lower fever.AKA an aspirin.
An aspirin or other valid medication is much different than a person getting messed up on Marijuana or other drugs.

A Holy Spirit filled person doesn't need or even want to get to get "high" on Satan's poison.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#32 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Greek word used in those verses for sorceries was pharmakeia. You see the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. Holy men wrote the Word of God as led by the Holy Spirit.
The omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient God knew that drug use would become a major problem in these latter days.
O Lord, thy Word is true!
little lamb does not know Greek, nor has she studied the Greek Bible or was taught by Greek Christians. little lamb is brainwashed and her select use of certain words shows that.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#33 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
An aspirin or other valid medication is much different than a person getting messed up on Marijuana or other drugs.
A Holy Spirit filled person doesn't need or even want to get to get "high" on Satan's poison.
valid medications is subjective. Satan's poison is hate not pharmaceuticals.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#34 May 13, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
valid medications is subjective. Satan's poison is hate not pharmaceuticals.
You don't understand the difference between an aspirin and heroin, cocaine, marijuana, etc etc?

You don't believe illicit drugs are Satan's poison? Just look at all the lives ruined by drug and alcohol abuse.

And yes Satan and his minions do hate the few REAL Christians who stand on the Word of God and Holiness. REAL Christians will be hated by the world, this is just more fulfilled Bible scripture (John 15:18-21).
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#35 May 13, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I burned a few bushes as well in my youth.No wait at a Nazareth concert a burning bush got passed around.That whole week was like a supernatural dream.Would not be surprised if I talked to supernatural beings or supernatural bushes.
Nazareth! Nice! Loved those guys! "Now you're messing with a..."
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#36 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand the difference between an aspirin and heroin, cocaine, marijuana, etc etc?
You don't believe illicit drugs are Satan's poison? Just look at all the lives ruined by drug and alcohol abuse.
And yes Satan and his minions do hate the few REAL Christians who stand on the Word of God and Holiness. REAL Christians will be hated by the world, this is just more fulfilled Bible scripture (John 15:18-21).
I know too well how destuctive addiction can be. I have a family member whose substance abuse has caused tremendous heartache to all who loved her. I have watched the choir boy from the neighborhood Baptist Church become a murderer over drugs. They did not worship Satan, they were Christians. Medications whether prescribed or bought on the street can ruin lives. It is not the work of Satan it is the consequence of bad life choices.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#37 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
An aspirin or other valid medication is much different than a person getting messed up on Marijuana or other drugs.
A Holy Spirit filled person doesn't need or even want to get to get "high" on Satan's poison.
I have never seen anyone "messed up" on pot. Its just not that type of drug...

If its Satans' are you saying he created stuff too? That he and Your God are Creators...?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#38 May 13, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
little lamb does not know Greek, nor has she studied the Greek Bible or was taught by Greek Christians. little lamb is brainwashed and her select use of certain words shows that.
Oh I think she knows a little about greek...wink wink...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#39 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek word 'pharmakeia'
The root meaning of this Greek word is 'druggist''poisoner' or,'giver of potions
Revelation 9:20 "Neither repented they of their murders nor of their sorceries (pharmakeia), nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts"
Revelation 18:23 "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (pharmakeia) were all nations deceived."
Another form of the word is used in Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers (pharmakeus), and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
NO! You can NOT retro fit a modern term onto a culture that had no such thing as pharmaceuticals.

A potion is not the same as a refined and properly produced Rx, or even pot. As pot is not a potion...its not a thing a person manufactures from various raw materials and makes silly claims about its efficacy.

The Greek root word in no way allows for its application to anything but what it meant, and how it was used in those days.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#40 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
An aspirin or other valid medication is much different than a person getting messed up on Marijuana or other drugs.
A Holy Spirit filled person doesn't need or even want to get to get "high" on Satan's poison.
More people are addicted to Rx drugs than illegal ones.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#41 May 13, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>More people are addicted to Rx drugs than illegal ones.
Yes some people abuse prescription drugs to get their drug high. This is just as sinful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are other cultures not mentioned... 38 min Believer 3
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 1 hr Believer 2,583
Are these early signs of the beast? 1 hr Believer 1
Mathew 5:17 Why do some Christians not preach... 1 hr CHRISTIANS ASTRAY 22
Real Fundies 2 hr CHRISTIANS ASTRAY 52
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Cookie_Parker 19,871
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Truth Doctor 4,720
More from around the web