Are there really other Gods out there...

Are there really other Gods out there or just made up man made idols?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jul 22, 2013
When I refer to God, YHWH/Yahweh/Yahuwah..etc, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, I am speaking of the God of the universe who created everything.

Now why would God create everything and turn around and create 2-3000 other Gods and tell mankind if you pick the wrong one I will kill you and send you to hell in the end. That make no sense, so it is obvious that Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Nimrod, or any other Sun God..etc are all made up Idols by man kind and they chose to make them their own God instead of believing in and worshiping the true creator.

There is only 1 God out there period that created everything. YHWH!!!
JustaGuy

Germany

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
When I refer to God, YHWH/Yahweh/Yahuwah..etc, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, I am speaking of the God of the universe who created everything.
Now why would God create everything and turn around and create 2-3000 other Gods and tell mankind if you pick the wrong one I will kill you and send you to hell in the end. That make no sense, so it is obvious that Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Nimrod, or any other Sun God..etc are all made up Idols by man kind and they chose to make them their own God instead of believing in and worshiping the true creator.
More to the point, are there any gods out there? You claiming there is one does not make it so.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
1 Corinthians 8:6
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
According to the Bible, other gods do indeed exist.

When read in Hebrew, some verses in Genesis refers to "the gods."

God also claims that he is jealous of other gods. How can that be when no other gods exist? Did God mean that he's sad that all humans don't worship him? If so, then why doesn't he simply appear to all mankind, in a form that we will all recognize, and proclaim who he is? After that, anyone who then believes that God exists and chooses to worship something else instead will surely get what they deserve.

But until then, as Jesus said, anyone who is blind is NOT guilty of sin.

And since God claims to have hardened certain people's hearts and clouded their minds, and since he has admitting to putting a lying tongue in the mouths of certain people so that they will lead others away from God, then it's God's will that some humans be damned.

Your God is a monster. Do you really blame people who read the Bible with an open mind for deciding that the God depicted therein either doesn't exist or is unworthy of reverence?

There's another problem with your post - you jump from the premise that something created the universe (which has yet to be proved or disproved) to the conclusion that YOUR version of God is the being that created the universe.

Unfortunately for you, it's a proven fact that the Christian God, the one you worship, is an impossibility. It is impossible for the Christian God to know the future AND for humans to have the free will to choose a future that is different than the one God already knows will happen.

So you can keep blathering on and on about how great your God is, but it's all to no avail. Your God is as real as a five-sided square.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 8:6
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
So because the Bible says it's true then it must be true?

Okay then, how do you conclude that Jesus is God and has always been God if God is omniscient but Jesus isn't?

If God knows everything, then Jesus can't be God if there is even only one thing that Jesus doesn't know.

It's impossible for a being to be omniscient and NOT omniscient at the same time.

But Jesus did admit that he isn't omniscient, didn't he?

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36)

How can Jesus be omniscient when he admits there is something he doesn't know?

Since God is defined as being absolutely omniscient, then, since Jesus is NOT omniscient he cannot be God.

He can be God-LIKE or God-LY, but he cannot BE God.

So, according to Scripture, Jesus cannot be God. Doesn't that just SUCK?
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 22, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay then, how do you conclude that Jesus is God and has always been God if God is omniscient but Jesus isn't?
If God knows everything, then Jesus can't be God if there is even only one thing that Jesus doesn't know.
It's impossible for a being to be omniscient and NOT omniscient at the same time.
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36)

Since God is defined as being absolutely omniscient, then, since Jesus is NOT omniscient he cannot be God.
Jesus is not God!!!
Disciple

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the pope of the atheists or something. Its the usual atheist BS you ramble about in every post you make because of your bitterness to God that you know exists because if he didn't you wouldn't spend all your time arguing about something you claim doesn't exist.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
No god created anything. There's no god. There's no sign of a god by its desire...it has not shown itself.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 22, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
No god created anything. There's no god. There's no sign of a god by its desire...it has not shown itself.
It looks like another person that thinks every thing it just an accident.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:

1. Now why would God create everything and turn around and create 2-3000 other Gods and tell mankind if you pick the wrong one I will kill you and send you to hell in the end. That make no sense, so it is obvious that Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Nimrod, or any other Sun God..etc are all made up Idols by man kind and they chose to make them their own God instead of believing in and worshiping the true creator.

2. There is only 1 God out there period that created everything. YHWH!!!
1. Uh, because its all made-up anyway...so any number can be created...and they still are. Even the Xtian God has changed many times over the centuries...

2. Prove it!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#11 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like another Fundy American Xtian who likes to take the complex and make its absurdly trite...

BTW; Define accident. A little help, Do you consider tornado's accidents?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the pope of the atheists or something. Its the usual atheist BS you ramble about in every post you make because of your bitterness to God that you know exists because if he didn't you wouldn't spend all your time arguing about something you claim doesn't exist.
Wrong. We argue with silly Believers, who truly know their God is not there...but are too scared to let go...like a child and their nursing blanky...
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Pep, just another one of her usual either pro atheist or pro homosexual postings.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 22, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I defy you to expose a single thing I posted that is bullsh!t.

It's easy to claim that someone is posting bullsh1t, but it's quite another to provide evidence for your claim.

For the record, you miserable coward, I don't merely claim the Christian God doesn't exist - I've proved it, over and over. The Christian god, who is defined as an omniscient being that gave humans free will, cannot exist because it would be impossible for such a being to exist.

If the Christian God knows everything, then he knows everything that will happen in the future. And if he knows everything that will happen in the future, he knows every choice you will make before you are even born.

Since God knows every choice you will make you are powerless to choose anything other than what God already knows you will choose.

Are you so stupid that you don't comprehend that?

As for the amount of time I spend proving your God doesn't exist, it's warranted. Christians once slaughtered atheists who refused to bow down to Jesus, and even today in America Christians refuse to vote for atheists for political office even if they are eminently qualified.

Christians such as George H.W. Bush went so far as to say that atheists can't be patriots, despite the fact that thousands of atheists gave their lives in the service of this nation.

Christians labor under a delusion, and delusional people are dangerous.

So screw you, you frightened little mental midget. Prove that anything I posted isn't true, or else shut up and buzz off.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not God!!!
Of course not! Everyone knows that Eric Clapton is God...:)

Location hidden

#16 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's the truth. The Second Law of Thermodynamics pretty much nailed that one down.

If you're not up on basic physics, then perhaps the fact that over 99% of all species that ever lived have gone extinct will prove it.

Or perhaps the proof for you will be in the fact that a man must ejaculate millions of sperm in order for one (or two) to survive the trip to the ovum - and then there's the fact that over 25% of all fertilized ova never implant, and thus never become a fetus.

That doesn't only apply to humans - most animals must ejaculate thousands or millions of sperm in order to impregnate a female.

If God were real, he'd make it so that one sperm was ejaculated and it swam all the way to the fallopian tube and fertilized the ovum.

But he didn't, because nature, not God, is behind human reproduction. And nature is incredibly inefficient.

So inefficient that everything tends toward disorder, not order. And that's basically the Second Law of Thermodynamics - the natural tendency of the universe is toward disorder, or "maximum entropy."

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Pep, just another one of her usual either pro atheist or pro homosexual postings.
Homosexuals are human beings, you callous bigot. Of course you'd deny them civil rights - how very CHRISTIAN of you.
JustaGuy

Germany

#18 Jul 22, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than being a person who thinks everything is the result of a lonely god who needs to be worshiped? Anyways, why are you so against us being an accident?

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 23, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it's not accident. It happened because of evolution and nature's survival instincts. You CHOOSE to call it all an "accident" to try to sound impressive...but for those versed in science, you sound like a neanderthal trying to explain the bright light in the sky.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#20 Jul 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! Everyone knows that Eric Clapton is God...:)
No, Blackmore over Clapton any day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police need more training on hate crime, says A... 5 min ROG 3
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 1 hr ROG 1,047
Early Christianity 2 hr oxbow 2,080
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 3 hr oxbow 1,045
The Old testament does not belong in the bible. 8 hr Serch 22
Israel is anti christ, literally 9 hr Serch 36
Another one joins our team ! 13 hr oxbow 31
More from around the web