Has Any of Revelation Happened Yet?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 34
Next Last

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 8, 2008
I saw an interesting comment elsewhere about Revelation. It seems that some people believe the events prophesied by John have already occurred.
I have always thought that Revelation was about end time prophesy.
So I wondered if anyone here is of the opinion that any of the prophesies in Revelation have already happened?
Is the book of Revelation about the end times or is it a history book about things past?

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2008
Heres a for instance;
In Rev 6.6 there is a prophesy about wide spread famine.
Would this be world hunger that happened in the past or is it still to come.

Personally I think it is just beginning as there are countries in the world where a loaf of bread costs a whole days wages and there was also a report not long ago of a world shortage of cereal crops.

Then again maybe it is alluding to spiritual famine.

Any thoughts....?

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#3 Sep 8, 2008
Yes, definitely have thought Ms. Angelina...I do believe that Revelation is a prophecy of what is to come. It speaks of the lake of Fire and Heaven on earth and that is not here yet, so I would have to say its future tense. This all takes place after the 2nd coming of Christ. The famine deal you hit right on the head. I saw what you were talking about regarding a whole days wages for bread. I read where it was thousands of dollars for second hand bread in another country...I can't think of the name of it...but people are living in ruins and starving. Its sad.
I don't know, revelation is very disturbing to me. It tells of scary things like huge Locusts roaming the earth, big as they say dinosaurs were. I don't know about you...but I would rather not see that. I would rather go in the rapture. That is what I pray for. Don't wanna see nothing crazy happen.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 8, 2008
angelinaUK wrote:
I saw an interesting comment elsewhere about Revelation. It seems that some people believe the events prophesied by John have already occurred.
I have always thought that Revelation was about end time prophesy.
So I wondered if anyone here is of the opinion that any of the prophesies in Revelation have already happened?
Is the book of Revelation about the end times or is it a history book about things past?
Here is one link, there are many more:

http://www.silk.net/RelEd/revelation.htm

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 8, 2008
angelinaUK wrote:
Heres a for instance;
In Rev 6.6 there is a prophesy about wide spread famine.
Would this be world hunger that happened in the past or is it still to come.
Personally I think it is just beginning as there are countries in the world where a loaf of bread costs a whole days wages and there was also a report not long ago of a world shortage of cereal crops.
Then again maybe it is alluding to spiritual famine.
Any thoughts....?
The book of Revelations has nothing to do with prophecy about the 'end of the world' for us.

“Heaven and earth speak of HIm”

Since: Jul 08

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2008
angelinaUK wrote:
I saw an interesting comment elsewhere about Revelation. It seems that some people believe the events prophesied by John have already occurred.
I have always thought that Revelation was about end time prophesy.
So I wondered if anyone here is of the opinion that any of the prophesies in Revelation have already happened?
Is the book of Revelation about the end times or is it a history book about things past?
I believe it is a prophecy. Many churches tell us to watch for signs and then turn around and tell us that no one should know the hour. This is confusing as it appears we are to hold both.

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#7 Sep 8, 2008
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The book of Revelations has nothing to do with prophecy about the 'end of the world' for us.
WHAT?
Can you explain then what exactly you think it means?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 8, 2008
Psalm 23 anyone:

"Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side"

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#9 Sep 8, 2008
Revelation meaning:
disclosure: the speech act of making something evident

an enlightening or astonishing disclosure
communication of knowledge to man by a divine or supernatural agency

the last book of the New Testament; contains visionary descriptions of heaven and of conflicts between good and evil and of the end of the world; attributed to Saint John the Apostle

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#10 Sep 8, 2008
Nettiebelle wrote:
Psalm 23 anyone:
"Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side"
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The book of Revelations has nothing to do with prophecy about the 'end of the world' for us.
Do you feel that the book has any purpose?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 8, 2008
Logical Butterfly wrote:
Revelation meaning:
disclosure: the speech act of making something evident
an enlightening or astonishing disclosure
communication of knowledge to man by a divine or supernatural agency
the last book of the New Testament; contains visionary descriptions of heaven and of conflicts between good and evil and of the end of the world; attributed to Saint John the Apostle
These events already happened long ago.

Here is yet another link:

End Times prophesy, A Catholic Perspective

Click on the word Apocalypse.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 8, 2008
Nettiebelle wrote:
Psalm 23 anyone:
"Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side"
I love Psalm 23. One of the Hymns at our wedding was based on it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 8, 2008
Sorry all, if the world as we know it ends, it will be due to man; WE ARE DOING IT TO OURSELVES AND, SINCE SO MANY BELIEVE IT IS 'SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN', WILL DO NOTHING TO BETTER OUR WORLD.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 8, 2008
Hope Is Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it is a prophecy. Many churches tell us to watch for signs and then turn around and tell us that no one should know the hour. This is confusing as it appears we are to hold both.
Yes I agree.
I think that it is a case of looking for signs so that we can know that the second coming is getting nearer. A bit like when black clouds cone across the sky and you are sure its going to rain but you don't know exactly when it will start.

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#16 Sep 8, 2008
23 Psalm-Butterflies Translation

The Lord is my shepherd.(The Lord watches over me like a shepherd does his sheep, all night while they sleep so that the enemy (wolf) does not bother them.

I shall not want. I don't need anything as the Lord provides everything I need.

I sleep in the pastures on the grass, I walk beside the water, I am full inside and at peace with my spirit. I do the right thing to uphold Jesus holy name.
Though I walk through the valley where people are always trying to take my life, I am not scared, for the Lord is with me, My rod and staff are my weapons and I am comforted by that knowing I can retaliate. I eat in the presence of all my enemies, my head is anoited with oil, I am protected. My cup runneth over. I have more than I need Surely good and mery will follow me for the rest of my life and I will get to live with the Lord forever.

“Lets Get Real...”

Since: Apr 08

Little Rock, AR

#17 Sep 8, 2008
next to the last line. MERY= mercy. Sorry.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 8, 2008
Revelation 8.7
The first angel sounded, And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up and all green grass was burned up.

Does anyone think this sounds a bit like a nuclear strike?

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Sep 8, 2008
Nettiebelle wrote:
Sorry all, if the world as we know it ends, it will be due to man; WE ARE DOING IT TO OURSELVES AND, SINCE SO MANY BELIEVE IT IS 'SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN', WILL DO NOTHING TO BETTER OUR WORLD.
I think that if man was left to his own devices then he would destroy the world, we certainly have the capabiltiy, but Jesus has said He will return before man destroys everything.

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#20 Sep 8, 2008
Hello

Hope Is..

"This is confusing as it appears we are to hold both. "

I'm not in the least confused about it !!

A.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Civil War in the US? 11 min dollarsbill 23
Newsweek ,How Christians Often Misinterpret the... 14 min dollarsbill 12
Evoution Frauds 47 min Jesus is 27
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Weepy 18,501
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 4 hr Gary Coaldigger 414
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 5 hr dollarsbill 1,920
God lied and sepent/satan told truth (Jul '10) 5 hr chrisace803 149
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 6 hr Mr Ironhart 83
From The Desk Of Pastor LDM 13 hr Skeptical_Mal 73
More from around the web