Why did Jesus Lie?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#82 Apr 1, 2010
Adam ____ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jesus Is - how are you? there's really no need for bad language. If this unbeliever is upsetting you, just ignore him or her.
The "twit" doesn't mind.....he's more than happy to be a part of a greater example of what a theist looks and sounds like in actuality.

Can't see him as being much of a "believer"; otherwise, he'd have taken Titus 3:10 to heart many a posting ago.
Ooglor 7

Elyria, OH

#83 Apr 1, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
70 A.D. ROMANS DESTROY JERUSALEM AND TEMPLE:
www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/e30.htm -
And Jesus did not say "Within YOUR lifetime"!!!!!
Jesus said: "THIS GENERATION will certainly not pass away..."
How do you know who he wasn't pointing down the mountain when he said these words?
Loophole
JESUS is

Doncaster East, Australia

#84 Apr 1, 2010
twinertia wrote:
<quoted text>
"HALFWAY THROUGH THE FEAST". Why didn't he start at the beginning?
I SUPPOSE HE HAD TO GET IN!!!!!! Do you think he should have barged in like a wanted man and turned the feast into a battlefield?
JESUS is

#85 Apr 1, 2010
Ooglor 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loophole
a
NO IT'S NOT A LOOPHOLE!!!!! Innocent until proven guilty.
JESUS is

#86 Apr 1, 2010
Adam ____ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jesus Is - how are you? there's really no need for bad language. If this unbeliever is upsetting you, just ignore him or her.
I know what you mean Adam, bad language is my downfall. I have to pray: "Sorry Father, but I am only human".
JESUS is

#87 Apr 1, 2010
Kisadio wrote:
<quoted text>
It May Be that Jesus just wasn't hungry,
but he wanted to see the belly dancers.
Or it may be that didn't want to turn up with an 'army' of friends, because that would have looked like he wanted to cause trouble.

Location hidden

#88 Apr 1, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
I SUPPOSE HE HAD TO GET IN!!!!!! Do you think he should have barged in like a wanted man and turned the feast into a battlefield?
Ah, but he WAS a wanted man, according to the passage. Made no difference to the anxious Jews WHEN he decided to show up, only IF.

And it seems he only started "teaching" when he felt like the majority of the crowd had his back (hence, the delay).

Location hidden

#89 Apr 1, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it may be that didn't want to turn up with an 'army' of friends, because that would have looked like he wanted to cause trouble.
"Army"?!?

How many brothers did Jesus allegedly have?
JESUS is

#90 Apr 1, 2010
twinertia wrote:
<quoted text>
"Army"?!?
How many brothers did Jesus allegedly have?
Jesus had half-brothers or step-brothers in Joses, Judas, James and Simon and sisters I believe. There is debate over whether or not these children belonged to Joseph from a previous marriage or whether they were later products of the marriage between Mary and Joseph, but that debate doesn't interest me. I am not Catholic and Catholics are bent on proving that Mary remained a virgin all her life. I couldn't care less!!!

However the term 'brother' was a word used by Jews in those times to mean more than just biological relatives....supporters.

We are talking about a 'Feast of Tabernacles', a religious party of Jews that would not have wanted any disturbance....not a battle.

Since: Jan 10

Indian Hills Colorado

#91 Apr 1, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
LISTEN HEAR FUKFACE! I WAS NOT CONTRATEXTUAL!
I was replying to what some TWIT said about that paticular text.
Yeah you were,

and your retort to his logic was

CONTRA-CONTEXTUALLY stupid, "ECAFKUF!" (lol)

Indian Hills Colorado

#92 Apr 1, 2010
Adam ____ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Adam. And did you notice that

not only did Jesus Is slanderously

refer to me as "FUKFACE," BUT he only

gave me twp exlclaims (!!) after it.

Everybody else, I notice, that he slanders

gets six or eight exclaims (!!!!!!)!

That hurt me more than his boomerangry "FUKFACE!!"

I figured I had worked my way up to about TEN exclaims (!!!!!!!!!
Ooglor 7

Elyria, OH

#93 Apr 1, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
NO IT'S NOT A LOOPHOLE!!!!! Innocent until proven guilty.
Proof was never your strong suite. Nothing says Son of God like loopholes and stipulations of wording. Us normal folk refer to that as a lie. Nothing says I'm coming back like 2000 years and crickets chirping. Guilty as charged.
JESUS is

#94 Apr 6, 2010
Kisadio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Adam. And did you notice that
not only did Jesus Is slanderously
refer to me as "FUKFACE," BUT he only
gave me twp exlclaims (!!) after it.
Everybody else, I notice, that he slanders
gets six or eight exclaims (!!!!!!)!
That hurt me more than his boomerangry "FUKFACE!!"
I figured I had worked my way up to about TEN exclaims (!!!!!!!!!
a
FUKFACE!!!!!!!!!! There you go. I gave you eleven.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#95 Apr 6, 2010
bible teacher wrote:
<quoted text>Just in case you still can't read the truth in Christ's words, here is another true interpretation....
The near approach of his kingdom in this world, v. 28. It was so near, that there were some attending him who should live to see it. As Simeon was assured that he should not see death till he had seen the Lord's Christ come in the flesh; so some here are assured that they shall not taste death (death is a sensible thing, its terrors are seen, its bitterness is tasted) till they had seen the Lord's Christ coming in his kingdom. At the end of time, he shall come in his Father's glory; but now, in the fulness of time, he was to come in his own kingdom, his mediatorial kingdom. Some little specimen was given of his glory a few days after this, in his transfiguration (ch. 17:1); then he tried his robes. But this points at Christ's coming by the pouring out of his Spirit, the planting of the gospel church, the destruction of Jerusalem, and the taking away of the place and nation of the Jews, who were the most bitter enemies to Christianity. Here was the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Many then present lived to see it, particularly John, who lived till after the destruction of Jerusalem, and saw Christianity planted in the world.
Christ didn't lie.
Then why has every generation of Christian for over 2000 years all believe they were living in the end times. All have one thing in common.They were all wrong.

Indian Hills Colorado

#96 Apr 6, 2010
twinertia wrote:
<quoted text>
The "twit" doesn't mind.....he's more than happy to be a part of a greater example of what a theist looks and sounds like in actuality.
Can't see him as being much of a "believer"; otherwise, he'd have taken Titus 3:10 to heart many a posting ago.
Looks like he might'a missed Titus 3:10.

For sure he missed takin' the "3:10 TO YUMA!"

Indian Hills Colorado

#97 Apr 6, 2010
JESUS is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
FUKFACE!!!!!!!!!! There you go. I gave you eleven.
Thanx ECAFKUF!

Your Christ-like language gives your

"JESUS" 12, and right where the Sun don't shine!
JESUSis

#99 Apr 12, 2010
THE TRUE STORY OF SANTA:
The true story of Santa Claus begins with Saint Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey.

His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man.

Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to the those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Dutch immigrants brought the legend of "Sinterklaas" with them to America. English speaking children mispronounced his name so it became "Santa Claus".

http://www.livius.org/ne-nn/nicholas/nicholas...
JESUSis

#100 Apr 12, 2010
EASTER BUNNY:

The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season.

Since long before Jesus Christ was born, parents told their children that the magic hare would bring them presents at the spring festival. The presents were often painted eggs, as these represented the new life starting at this time of year." Hares are animals which look like rabbits, but are larger and in many countries quite rare. In most places, the Easter rabbit (bunny) has replaced the Easter hare completely.

The bunny was first used as a symbol of Easter in 16th century Germany, where it was first mentioned in German writings. If the Easter Bunny has no connection with Jesus Christ or Christianity, WHY ARE PEOPLE RIDICULING US ABOUT IT'S PAGAN ORIGINS?
JESUSis

#101 Apr 12, 2010
TOOTH FAIRY:

Since when has the tooth fairy been related to Christianity? That's like asking why is Mickey Mouse directly connected with the birth and death of christ?

They are just characters developed to make life colorful for children. Santa is the one truly connected to Christianity and is based on the life of a real Christian.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#102 Apr 12, 2010
Red Green wrote:
Why is the easter bunny and santa clause directly connected with the birth and death of christ? oh and the tooth fairy?
The connection is that they all are stories from mythologies.
:-))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 2 hr Preacher 80
Faith during hard times 4 hr Taranis 92
judgment coming to america 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 137
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 4 hr Taranis 80
SUPER SERVERs 4 hr Taranis 15
Believers are not to judge non-believers. (Dec '11) 4 hr Taranis 73
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 403
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 11 hr Get a life 1,585
More from around the web