Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble is that they (including you) read the bible without having the faintest idea about the times and context in which it was written.
To give you one example - Everyone is familiar with the story (a mixture of Matthew and Luke) repeated from millions of pulpits around the world which goes as follows:
Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem to register for the census ordered when Quirinius was governor of Syria. This happened while Herod was king. Both of those statements are very specific because they set dates which can be independently verified.
At first glance, a perfectly plausible story but it ignores the reality of the times which is that Herod died in 4 BC and Quirinius became governor in 6AD. Both those men are documented by other records (Roman & Jewish) and they make at least one (possibly both) nativity account impossible. The whole nativity story is riddled with contradictions that cannot be reconciled so what does one believe?
Its also a mash-up story.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. I share God's message to you people using the Holy scriptures, the rest is up to the Power of God (John 6:37-47).
1 Peter 1:25- But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
No, wrong again...faith comes from within the person and the God! Not from lectures!

You think just because you keep repeating these passages that they will magically act on others. You actually believe these words are incantations and have power unto themselves!

You worship the Bible and think the words are incantations.

PS; you wouldn't know true sharing is if bit you! You dont share you pontificate!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few examples out of the many that I could quote.
2 Timothy 2:15: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 3:16-17: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
John 5:39-40 (Jesus): Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
John 17:17 (Jesus): Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Ephesians 6:17- And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
2 Timothy 4:2- Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1. Jesus was talking about Jewish scripture, of which there was no canon when he was alive. In fact he preached from two differing systems of loosely held scriptures depending on his Jewish audiences. The Pharisees and the Sadducee's both held conflicting viewpoints and held different manuscripts as the right ones!(you need some serious history lessons, forget the Bible and get a real late BCE, early CE history education!)

2. All the other quotes do not mention THE BIBLE, and are not pointing to there ever being one - and in fact are only pointing to the "words" those men speaking were disseminating in their travels or locations. They were not referring to a book that would come a few hundred years later...that didnt even settle the canon issues.

3. 2 Tim 4-2 - the term doctrine is not true to the meaning we now hold it to...because there were NO ACTUAL Doctrines (defined as settled upon points of belief, constructed and sanctioned by a Religious committee/s)- in existence among Xtians! Jews perhaps, but not Xtians! There were no actual doctrines as we now know them among early Xtians. None!

4. None of them mention DAILY and incessant reading of the available manuscripts, which depending on the dates in question, say 70CE, or 120CE - there were many random accepted manuscripts, among random and diverse Xtian communties - so you/others can not extrapolate that they meant THE BIBLE and ONLY the Bible! They were referring to what did and would include now non-canonical manuscripts.!

So student, you failed! You did NOT answer the actual question asked, but pontificated and crow-barred in much, much later Xtian beliefs about the Bible - after the Bible came to be. Not prior to the Bible. You retro-fitted much later beliefs, centuries later beliefs about the Bible and its place in the Xtian TRADITION!

So again, Where does the BIBLE say to read it daily, where did Jesus say to read the Bible, and to read it daily???

Where did anyone in the Bible mention Roman Roads Personal Doctrine of Belief that the Bible is to studied daily, and that there is BUT ONE interpretation, and that is the ONE you hold as the only one?

Where?

(FYI; its safe to say you cant answer the Q! It truly is!)

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Jesus was talking about Jewish scripture, of which there was no canon when he was alive. In fact he preached from two differing systems of loosely held scriptures depending on his Jewish audiences. The Pharisees and the Sadducee's both held conflicting viewpoints and held different manuscripts as the right ones!(you need some serious history lessons, forget the Bible and get a real late BCE, early CE history education!)
2. All the other quotes do not mention THE BIBLE, and are not pointing to there ever being one - and in fact are only pointing to the "words" those men speaking were disseminating in their travels or locations. They were not referring to a book that would come a few hundred years later...that didnt even settle the canon issues.
3. 2 Tim 4-2 - the term doctrine is not true to the meaning we now hold it to...because there were NO ACTUAL Doctrines (defined as settled upon points of belief, constructed and sanctioned by a Religious committee/s)- in existence among Xtians! Jews perhaps, but not Xtians! There were no actual doctrines as we now know them among early Xtians. None!
4. None of them mention DAILY and incessant reading of the available manuscripts, which depending on the dates in question, say 70CE, or 120CE - there were many random accepted manuscripts, among random and diverse Xtian communties - so you/others can not extrapolate that they meant THE BIBLE and ONLY the Bible! They were referring to what did and would include now non-canonical manuscripts.!
So student, you failed! You did NOT answer the actual question asked, but pontificated and crow-barred in much, much later Xtian beliefs about the Bible - after the Bible came to be. Not prior to the Bible. You retro-fitted much later beliefs, centuries later beliefs about the Bible and its place in the Xtian TRADITION!
So again, Where does the BIBLE say to read it daily, where did Jesus say to read the Bible, and to read it daily???
Where did anyone in the Bible mention Roman Roads Personal Doctrine of Belief that the Bible is to studied daily, and that there is BUT ONE interpretation, and that is the ONE you hold as the only one?
Where?
Wow Pun! You put a lot of effort into being an insecure xiest! And its obvious you're twisting his reply to your advantage. Im not saying if either of you are right or wrong, but you're making it obvious you only hold one side to the issue. Showing how biased and closed minded you are on the issue. The only thing that is right to you, is what you want to be right. You've already got your mind made up before you research. And if you find something that supports your mindset, it becomes fact to you. You have a weak mind! You are just as much a fundie as anyone here you accuse of being a fundie. You're just on the other side of the door. In other words, YOU FAILED again Son! You're stance on your religion or lack of is not the issue, you're hypocritical mindset and approach is. The fact you hate pointed out is that you are just as bad if not worse of a fundie of the ones you accuse!

LOL
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Pun! You put a lot of effort into being an insecure xiest! And its obvious you're twisting his reply to your advantage. Im not saying if either of you are right or wrong, but you're making it obvious you only hold one side to the issue. Showing how biased and closed minded you are on the issue. The only thing that is right to you, is what you want to be right. You've already got your mind made up before you research. And if you find something that supports your mindset, it becomes fact to you. You have a weak mind! You are just as much a fundie as anyone here you accuse of being a fundie. You're just on the other side of the door. In other words, YOU FAILED again Son! You're stance on your religion or lack of is not the issue, you're hypocritical mindset and approach is. The fact you hate pointed out is that you are just as bad if not worse of a fundie of the ones you accuse!
LOL
So? Who says I cant hold one side? Its fine for RR and you, why not me? Please, dont toss the hot-potato (hypocrisy) my way and say it was never in your possession. Lol!

I never said I didnt hold to one side. The right side on this issue re; these last several posts with RR. FYI, there is a right side to the issue I was discussing that you jumped in on, very late in the game I might add! BTW, Did you read backwards? Get the actual theme of OUR debate? Right, you didnt...next!

What research can I do? Read the Bible, read many dozens of commentaries from many POV's, etc...? Been there, done that! Next! How 'bout you, how much of the opposing sides do you dive into? Lol!

Yes, I am closed on an Issue, one issue. There is No God, and no one Religion, or believer holds the absolute truth as to what any other person can follow on their personal journey thru life. End of story.

What bothers you and the rest of the Xtians here is anyone else defending their beliefs, or lack thereof as it pertains to Gods and Religions - and kicking some while butt doing it!

What drives most of you Xtians bat-shyte crazy is you can't admit when You cant answer a F'n question with the Bible. That much is obvious about most of you. I pose a simple Q, and RR like the rest of you dance all the F over the place! You think I cant hit a moving target? News flash! I can and did!

PS; I dont really give a hamsters crack hair that you dont like my confidence in my POV. Boo hoo!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Pun! You put a lot of effort into being an insecure xiest! And its obvious you're twisting his reply to your advantage.
LOL
My advantage? Pitch a ball in the strike zone and I'm gonna hit it! LOL! Insecure? Double, no triple LOL!

Simple Q, where in the Bible does Jesus or anyone say to read/study the Bible daily? That its a requirement of true and absolute faith to Xtianity...?

Where?

The ONLY answer is - It doesn't! Ta dah! Simple Q, simple Answer! Its really that simple.

But simple and obvious is not what folks like RR comprehend. He thinks to admit to that fact is to admit defeat in his faith! He doesnt know his cart from his horse, and certainly not their order!

Next!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

I feed on the negative icons, keep 'em coming.!

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
I feed on the negative icons, keep 'em coming.!
:)
Translation:

Im starved for attention. And negative attention is better than no attention. Thats also why I come here on the CF. ATTENTION. Something I just dont get in the real world!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Who says I cant hold one side? Its fine for RR and you, why not me? Please, dont toss the hot-potato (hypocrisy) my way and say it was never in your possession. Lol!
I never said I didnt hold to one side. The right side on this issue re; these last several posts with RR. FYI, there is a right side to the issue I was discussing that you jumped in on, very late in the game I might add! BTW, Did you read backwards? Get the actual theme of OUR debate? Right, you didnt...next!
What research can I do? Read the Bible, read many dozens of commentaries from many POV's, etc...? Been there, done that! Next! How 'bout you, how much of the opposing sides do you dive into? Lol!
Yes, I am closed on an Issue, one issue. There is No God, and no one Religion, or believer holds the absolute truth as to what any other person can follow on their personal journey thru life. End of story.
What bothers you and the rest of the Xtians here is anyone else defending their beliefs, or lack thereof as it pertains to Gods and Religions - and kicking some while butt doing it!
What drives most of you Xtians bat-shyte crazy is you can't admit when You cant answer a F'n question with the Bible. That much is obvious about most of you. I pose a simple Q, and RR like the rest of you dance all the F over the place! You think I cant hit a moving target? News flash! I can and did!
PS; I dont really give a hamsters crack hair that you dont like my confidence in my POV. Boo hoo!
Translation;

Yes, I am an insecure fundamentalist xiest just like you said HG. You as always are right again!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>My advantage? Pitch a ball in the strike zone and I'm gonna hit it! LOL! Insecure? Double, no triple LOL!
Simple Q, where in the Bible does Jesus or anyone say to read/study the Bible daily? That its a requirement of true and absolute faith to Xtianity...?
Where?
The ONLY answer is - It doesn't! Ta dah! Simple Q, simple Answer! Its really that simple.
But simple and obvious is not what folks like RR comprehend. He thinks to admit to that fact is to admit defeat in his faith! He doesnt know his cart from his horse, and certainly not their order!
Next!
Translation:

I AM A HYPOCRITE!!!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
I gave you many scriptures but you choose to ignore them.

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."---Luke 4:4
Jesus (God manifest in flesh) taught us how to counter the attacks from the Devil by using the Word of God (Luke 4:1-12, Matthew 4:1-10). A Christian who isn't in God's Holy Word daily is an easy target for Satan's devouring snares. Next thing you know they aren't even reading the Holy Bible any more at all, or very infrequent at best. They are backsliding and will end up in a defeated backslidden state. They'll claim to not have time to read the Bible yet they have time to watch worldly TV and Hollywood movie filth. Satan is elated and laughs at their backslidden defeated condition.
I've NEVER met a Christian yet that was worth anything to the body of Christ, who didn't have a daily Bible reading and prayer time.
It's impossible to read through the Holy Bible too many times. The Word of God is just so powerful, convicting, pure, multilayered, and true. The more you read it, the more the Bible reads you.
"A Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't."---Charles Spurgeon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>My advantage? Pitch a ball in the strike zone and I'm gonna hit it! LOL! Insecure? Double, no triple LOL!
Where?
Next!
The Holy Bible takes 70-80 hours to read through, so yes a Christian needs to have a time out of each day devoted for DAILY Bible reading and study. Daily prayer and devotion time is also extremely important too!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
I MUCH prefer you thinking for yourself for a change.
All it has gotten you is DOOMSDAY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christian denominations claim that their beliefs are based on the New Testament. Yet there are over 40,000 Christian denominations with individual interpretations and understandings. Of course each considers his/her particular beliefs about the teachings of the New Testament to be correct and all others wrong. You are no different than any of the others.
These disagreements about the teachings of Jesus are nothing new. The apostles argued among themselves about who was greater and Paul argued with Peter about circumcision. The 2nd century "orthodox" or literalist Christians denounced the beliefs of the Gnostics and the Marcionites. And here we are 2,000 years later with people who still claim to know the absolute truth and anyone that disagrees with them is "of the devil". The establishment of the Roman Catholic Church in the 4th century was an attempt to unify Christian beliefs which brought about the Holy Inquisition.Your thinking is the exact same type of thinking responsible for the atrocities of the Holy Inquisition, and the only difference between now and then is that we have learned not to give the "holier-than-thou" people who think like that political power or civil authority.
And you're never know who's right because you are Biblically IGNORANT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

buck wrote:
Big Al has decribed dollarsbill in his contents amen
but, there is one big difference in the disciples arguments verses those of today. I don't believe the disciples condemned anyone to hell that disagreed with them, nor did them condemn each other to hell when they had disagreements among themselves.
Dollarsbill's comments are without love, glad I do not know him or go to the same church that he attends. Dollarsbill is not warning anyone with what he says, the only thing he is doing with his comments here on this forum is condemning those who disagree with him to hell.
Dollarsbill thinks he is "holier than thou" .
Dollarsbill is as sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal as says the
Bible in 1 Corinthians 13:1. and the people of God say, AMEN!
Dollarsbill's comments are as noisy brass, his words are not really being heard or sinking into one's heart as truth, they are as a small bell ringing. Hope you enjoy church today :)
Rubbing elbows with Satan again O Biblical IGNORAMUS. WOW you're about as Biblically IGNORANT as the Dung Psycho. When you are burning in Hell you will understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it mean that I have doomsday.
I do not have doomsday in my possession.
What are you talking about?
For you Dung Psycho:

DOOMSDAY:

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

They will drag you out KICKING, SCREAMING and BAWLING.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you many scriptures but you choose to ignore them.

I've NEVER met a Christian yet that was worth anything to the body of Christ, who didn't have a daily Bible reading and prayer time.
It's impossible to read through the Holy Bible too many times. The Word of God is just so powerful, convicting, pure, multilayered, and true. The more you read it, the more the Bible reads you.
And we gave you a powerful criticism of your ignorant fundamentalist Christian theology, and backed it up with scripture and history lessons.

And you cannot refute our point. And it STANDS, to wit....

There is nothing "biblical" about being a so-called "bible-based Christian."

Jesus never recommended it, and neither did the REAL founder of your religion, Paul.

It's a MAN-MADE idea coming from the late 19th century fundamentalist movement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
And we gave you a powerful criticism of your ignorant fundamentalist Christian theology,
And you all have a date with eternity.

BEING IN TORMENTS

HE CRIED

I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME

YOU ARE TORMENTED

THIS PLACE OF TORMENT

Luke 16:22-28 (NKJV)
22 The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said,'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said,'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 27 Then he said,'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
And we gave you a powerful criticism of your ignorant fundamentalist Christian theology, and backed it up with scripture and history lessons.
And you cannot refute our point. And it STANDS, to wit....
There is nothing "biblical" about being a so-called "bible-based Christian."
Jesus never recommended it, and neither did the REAL founder of your religion, Paul.
It's a MAN-MADE idea coming from the late 19th century fundamentalist movement.
Powerful criticism? Lol, you Topix posters are silly and delusional.

I quoted God's Holy Word as proof, it doesn't get more rock solid than that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it mean that I have doomsday.
I do not have doomsday in my possession.
What are you talking about?
BEING IN TORMENTS

HE CRIED

I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME

YOU ARE TORMENTED

THIS PLACE OF TORMENT

Luke 16:22-28 (NKJV)
22 The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said,'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said,'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 27 Then he said,'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••