Young earthers ....Please stop

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#1 Jan 7, 2014
Before we begin I first off would like to ask that you don't come on this thread and use an out of context passage from Peter (which only served as an example of God's mercy) to prove to others of the Bible teaching a six thousand years old earth in Genesis or say satan planted fossils and dinosaur bones to deceive people. Please stop.... you sound silly and if anyone is blinding the mind of the the unbeliever it's Satan convincing people and churches to teach this nonsense. Here me out.
Now let's begin. The thing most skeptics and believers know about the Bible or should know about it by now is that it involves an Eternal Being (click on ex: Deut. 33:27-and-2 Tim. 3:16). Now whether people believe the Bible to be a literary work inspired by an Eternal Being or not, it is like any other literary work in a sense that all things written should be taken into account. By taking all things written into account, we are then given a better understanding of how 'Time' in Genesis Chapter 1 should be viewed. Example: When a person decides to open up the first page in GENESIS CHAPT. 1 and sees an Eternal being with infinite wisdom giving an account of His Creation, should also have an understanding that an Eternal Being would not be describing it in a detail for detail account of it but would be describing it from the point of view that a finite human mind could understand, which is why we see the Author (God) inspire Moses to use seven days with small amounts of detail describing what happened on each day. I mean, could you imagine if Moses had been inspired to compile billions and billions of years into a detail for detail account of Creation. We'd never get out of the first chapter and not mention we'd all have to be physicists, geologists, biologists, scientists, ect. to understand the terminology of some pretty boring stuff. Is everyone a physicist today? Are you a geologist? Has the Bible ever claimed to be any thing other than a book of righteous teachings? No. So why do many people go into this particular literary work (the Bible) today and expect to find it teaching us the physics and geology of how a Universe and Earth (both billions of years old) came to be in a detailed account? Their approach to Genesis is like someone going into an American history book hoping to find the answers and process by which mitochondria break down food to produce ATP. If the American history book doesn't provide them with the answers for their scientific research, does that make the history book invalid to historians? Does the author of the history book really need to explain why his work doesn't provide answers for their scientific research? No, of course not, because the reader should have an understanding before opening up the first page that it's a literary work that strictly focus' on American history and not science. This brings us back to the Scriptures. Does the Author of the Bible really need to explain why He doesn't provide great details for their scientific research?
Now going back to the style in which Genesis Chapter 1 is written, we also know that 'Time' in the account of the Creation can be viewed in other ways because of the example shown to us in GENESIS CHAPT. 2, when the Author expands a piece of the time period for us that He talked about in Genesis Chapter 1. In other words, the Author carves out a small section of the time it took for Him to create Man in Genesis Chapter 1 verses 26-27, and expands it into the story of Adam's creation in Chapter 2. Even that expansion is accomplished in a way that appears to be far less time than it actually took to create mankind. This is similar to a microscope, which has the ability to look at very tiny objects. Without the microscope we see an overall view, but with the microscope we can see the details. In an airplane we see an overview of our city, but on the ground we see each detail. The Author is showing us different ways at looking at time in the Creation story.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 8, 2014
They can't stop. Young earthers use dates from bible to figure the earths age. Making everything in your post irrelevant to them.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2012...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 8, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Before we begin I first off would like to ask that you don't come on this thread and use an out of context passage from Peter (which only served as an example of God's mercy) to prove to others of the Bible teaching a six thousand years old earth in Genesis or say satan planted fossils and dinosaur bones to deceive people. Please stop.... you sound silly and if anyone is blinding the mind of the the unbeliever it's Satan convincing people and churches to teach this nonsense. Here me out.....( edited)
Coward! This is an open forum, all opinions are permitted.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 8, 2014
Jammercolo wrote:
They can't stop. Young earthers use dates from bible to figure the earths age. Making everything in your post irrelevant to them.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2012...
Why do you care? Seriousy? Makes no difference how old the Earth is.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5 Jan 8, 2014
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care? Seriousy? Makes no difference how old the Earth is.
You're essentially right. We owe a debt of gratitude, however, to those resolute researchers in the scientific community who busy themselves bringing the big picture into a bit sharper focus for the rest of us.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#6 Jan 8, 2014
God created this world in 6 LITERAL days and then rested (stopped creating) on the seventh. He could have instantaneously created everything all at once, but instead choose to establish the 7 day week as an example to His people. People need a day of rest after a hard and busy work week. But the Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath (Mark 2:23-27).
Exodus 20:11- For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
==========
Answers in Genesis:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Are You Sure About Heaven?
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#7 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
God created this world in 6 LITERAL days and then rested (stopped creating) on the seventh. He could have instantaneously created everything all at once, but instead choose to establish the 7 day week as an example to His people. People need a day of rest after a hard and busy work week. But the Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath (Mark 2:23-27).
Exodus 20:11- For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
==========
Answers in Genesis:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Are You Sure About Heaven?
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php

Yes he could have instantaneously created everything all at once but he left us to find dinosaur bones and fossils billions of years old. Come on Romans. Maybe it's not the Author of the Bible whose wrong for summing up his creation in small amounts of detail . Maybe it's how you're interpreting those days and twisting scripture to be 6 literal 24 hour days when there is evidence in the Bible and all around us that clearly shows us the earth is not just 6,000 years old.

#8 Jan 8, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he could have instantaneously created everything all at once but he left us to find dinosaur bones and fossils billions of years old. Come on Romans. Maybe it's not the Author of the Bible whose wrong for summing up his creation in small amounts of detail . Maybe it's how you're interpreting those days and twisting scripture to be 6 literal 24 hour days when there is evidence in the Bible and all around us that clearly shows us the earth is not just 6,000 years old.
You're trusting man's ideas, opinions, guessing games, and faulty unreliable dating, but I'm trusting in God's Holy Preserved Word, which promises that God cannot lie.
Titus 1:2- In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Honest scientific evidence, in my opinion, points to a young earth (~4004 B.C.) and catastrophic global flood happening around 2348 B.C., which also corresponds with the literal interpretation of the Holy Bible.

The demonic fairy-tale of evolution rots out a person's brain and destroys even their own common sense.

#9 Jan 8, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs were created on the 5th (flying and water creatures) and 6th (land dwelling creatures) days of creation. They lived perfectly fine alongside with man until they were hunted to extinction, and/or couldn't handle the harsh new world conditions after the catastrophic global flood of Noah that killed off the air-breathing creatures outside of the ark.

Preserved fossil remains are proof of a rapid burial of lifeforms, which occurred during the catastrophic global flood.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#10 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs were created on the 5th (flying and water creatures) and 6th (land dwelling creatures) days of creation. They lived perfectly fine alongside with man until they were hunted to extinction, and/or couldn't handle the harsh new world conditions after the catastrophic global flood of Noah that killed off the air-breathing creatures outside of the ark.
Preserved fossil remains are proof of a rapid burial of lifeforms, which occurred during the catastrophic global flood.
Man has never lived with dinosaurs period. Please show me an example of Dino remains found with human remains. YOU will not find a single one. At no time has human fossilized remains with in the same layers as dino's. If man had existed with them, you would in fact find that very thing. Not to mention carbon dating.

#11 Jan 8, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Man has never lived with dinosaurs period. Please show me an example of Dino remains found with human remains. YOU will not find a single one. At no time has human fossilized remains with in the same layers as dino's. If man had existed with them, you would in fact find that very thing. Not to mention carbon dating.
Carbon dating is an absolute unreliable joke!

Humans lived with other humans in towns, cities, etc, the same as now. Dinosaurs were out roaming the wild earth, the same way wildlife generally stays out in nature since animals have a natural fear of humans. I wouldn't go out and live with a group of squirrels, the same way the early humans didn't go out and live with groups of dinosaurs. But they co-existed together just fine. Writings in caves also prove that man and dinosaur lived together.

If you interested in further studying this issue, then check out this helpful link.
"Why Don’t We Find Human & Dinosaur Fossils Together?"
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#12 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trusting man's ideas, opinions, guessing games, and faulty unreliable dating, but I'm trusting in God's Holy Preserved Word, which promises that God cannot lie.

But you're not. I fear you might be being misled by a spirit that blinds the minds of unbelievers. Btw...Just in case you're wondering, I'm not saying we humans beings or Adam came from apes but I am saying the Bible and science are in agreement about the earth being older than just 6,000 years old. You and many others can interpret those 6 days in genesis to be literal 24 hour days by using an out of context measurement Peter used (which only served as an example of God's mercy) but i'm going with the style in which Genesis is written and should be read and the physical evidence all around us.

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#13 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes. and again those are not literal 24 hour days in Genesis. Wake up!
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#14 Jan 8, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Man has never lived with dinosaurs period. Please show me an example of Dino remains found with human remains. YOU will not find a single one. At no time has human fossilized remains with in the same layers as dino's. If man had existed with them, you would in fact find that very thing. Not to mention carbon dating.
If a man had been in the area where dinosaurs lived, the dinosaurs would have eaten him so you wouldn't have any fossils.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#15 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Carbon dating is an absolute unreliable joke!
Humans lived with other humans in towns, cities, etc, the same as now. Dinosaurs were out roaming the wild earth, the same way wildlife generally stays out in nature since animals have a natural fear of humans. I wouldn't go out and live with a group of squirrels, the same way the early humans didn't go out and live with groups of dinosaurs. But they co-existed together just fine. Writings in caves also prove that man and dinosaur lived together.
If you interested in further studying this issue, then check out this helpful link.
"Why Don’t We Find Human & Dinosaur Fossils Together?"
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...
Got answers, you're kidding rite?

Carbon dating is a joke? No really do you live in a cave?

people lived in cities and towns??
200 years ago most people lived in rural areas, they where what we call farmers. It was not until the industrialization of the world did that turn the other way.

Again find one example where human remains have been found in the same soil levels as Dinos. Find on instance where human remains carbon date with in 1 million years or closer to that of dino's
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#16 Jan 8, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man had been in the area where dinosaurs lived, the dinosaurs would have eaten him so you wouldn't have any fossils.
Tissue does not leave a fossil, bones no. So again why no human bones ???

#17 Jan 8, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're not. I fear you might be being misled by a spirit that blinds the minds of unbelievers. Btw...Just in case you're wondering, I'm not saying we humans beings or Adam came from apes but I am saying the Bible and science are in agreement about the earth being older than just 6,000 years old. You and many others can interpret those 6 days in genesis to be literal 24 hour days by using an out of context measurement Peter used (which only served as an example of God's mercy) but i'm going with the style in which Genesis is written and should be read and the physical evidence all around us.
I'm going to stand before God and state that I believe that the Holy Bible is the literal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, Word of God. That my salvation is 100% dependent on the precious Holy BLOOD of Jesus Christ shed for me at Calvary's cross!

The Bible never states that the earth is older than 6,000 years. That's a man-made idea that has even crept into the modern false Laodicean churches. I don't need to add or subtract from God's Holy Word.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#18 Jan 8, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Humans lived alongside dinosaurs

Dinosaurs and people coexist only in books, movies and cartoons. The last dinosaurs - other than birds - died out dramatically about 65 million years ago, while the fossils of our earliest human ancestors are only about 6 million years old.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9936-to...
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#19 Jan 8, 2014
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to stand before God and state that I believe that the Holy Bible is the literal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, Word of God. That my salvation is 100% dependent on the precious Holy BLOOD of Jesus Christ shed for me at Calvary's cross!
The Bible never states that the earth is older than 6,000 years. That's a man-made idea that has even crept into the modern false Laodicean churches. I don't need to add or subtract from God's Holy Word.
The bible never states anything about Jet airplanes, trains or auto's, but hey we have them. Your faith and salvation have nothing to do with the age of the earth, or our univerese
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#20 Jan 8, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>

That's not necessarily true about their diet. There is not enough evidence that scientist can use to prove that dinosaurs were mostly carnivorous. It's always been a good look to sell some children's books for profit but not enough evidence. And if you're argument is "they had big teeth"... well then how come some guerillas have large teeth and are herbivores. And another thing, to say that all large species went extinct 65 million years ago is also not accurate. Trust me. I live on the Yucatan peninsula of the Mayan where the asteroid hit and there is plenty of evidence here and in Peru of very large animals and man co-existing at one time. It is my belief also that the Chinese didn't dream up dragons. I mean do really think it's just a coincidence that they resemble the scaled dinosaurs on our children's books today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 13 min Allen Richards 1,584
Noah’s ark and the rainbow. 32 min Big Al 145
James chapter 2 destroys faith without works be... 39 min janeebee 18
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 2 hr Barnsweb 3,855
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 6,365
Does the Law of God matter? 6 hr dollarsbill 59
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) 8 hr dollarsbill 132
More from around the web