Matthew's Mistaken Reference-- ANOTHE...

Matthew's Mistaken Reference-- ANOTHE BIBLE'S FALSE REFERRENCE

Posted in the Christian Forum

truth teller

Bangladesh

#1 Jul 3, 2008
One of the most glaring mistakes in the New Testament is this one by the author of Matthew:

Matthew 27:9-10
Then was fulfilled what has been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him on whom a price has been said by some of the sons of Israel, and they gave them for the potter’s field, as the Lord directed me.”

The problem with this passage is that nowhere in Jeremiah can this prophecy be found. Instead it is found in the book of Zechariah!

Zechariah 11:12-13
And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter...

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 3, 2008
Oh... they misspelt Jeremiah!
Wayne

Clear Spring, MD

#3 Jul 3, 2008
truth teller wrote:
One of the most glaring mistakes in the New Testament is this one by the author of Matthew:
Matthew 27:9-10
Then was fulfilled what has been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him on whom a price has been said by some of the sons of Israel, and they gave them for the potter’s field, as the Lord directed me.”
The problem with this passage is that nowhere in Jeremiah can this prophecy be found. Instead it is found in the book of Zechariah!
Zechariah 11:12-13
And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter...
Spoken, not written. No contradiction or mistake.
2 christian cults

Bangladesh

#4 Jul 4, 2008
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken, not written. No contradiction or mistake.
how long u will continue 2 belive such craps.

it was written in zechariah n said 2 the jeremiah n even the writer of mathew said god said it 2 him.

so funny !!!!
toady

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jul 4, 2008
but He did!
TRUE or FALSE

Mission, TX

#7 Jan 27, 2014
Matthew's Mistaken Reference

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 2 hr Rand M Sutor 83
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 8 hr Big Al 33
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 9 hr Big Al 1,515
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 9 hr Big Al 2,295
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 10 hr adelaide 1,346
Jews are the children of Satan, not God. 21 hr adelaide 39
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) Wed Lillian 391
More from around the web