Did Jesus have a Wife?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#888 Oct 7, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can back it up. What's wrong with you?
The put up or shut up. You made an accusation and you hae been asked to back it up twice and you are still caliming you can but not producing any evidence.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#889 Oct 7, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
Brother Lee
You are good with twisting the word to say what you want it to.
Here are some verses that prove HEAVEN is our home.

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Rev 19:1
After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our Lord

After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands." - Revelation 7:9
And here lies the problem, dear Native from Pa.

You wholly disregarded the scriptures I posted by accusing me of "twisting them" in order to say what I want them to say, but neglected to prove how I twisted them while presenting us with the "true" meaning of those scriptures. You quoted scriptures instead. But, how did the verses you quoted make void what I had quoted? Now, regarding the scriptures you quoted, we've no choice but to ask questions now.

1) How do we present all the scriptures you and I quoted while preserving the harmony of the scriptures and proving that the scriptures aren't conflicting and contradictory?

On the one hand, I believe that only the elect inherit everlasting life in the spirit-realm while all others, called "the meek," inherit the earth. On the other hand, you believe that all believers inherit everlasting life in the spirit-realm.

2) Why is your interpretation of what you quoted more trustworthy than my interpretation of what I quoted?

On the one hand, I quoted scriptures and contributed personal, yet minimal, commentary with questions to assist in proving my assertions. On the other hand, you quoted scriptures only. Another question arises now.

3) Is it possible that the verses you quoted better coincides with my beliefs regarding everlasting life in the spirit-realm to be inherited exclusively by the elect and not "the meek," too?

If you would, I'd appreciate your analysis of the following verses, please and if you will.

Matthew 5:5 BLESSED ARE THE MEEK; FOR THEY SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.

Psalm 37:11 But THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Isaiah 45:18 For this saith YHWH that created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, HE CREATED IT NOT IN VAIN, HE FORMED IT TO BE INHABITED: I am YHWH; and there is none else.

Revelation 21:1-2
And I saw a new heaven and a NEW EARTH: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, COMING DOWN FROM GOD OUT OF HEAVEN, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

NOTES:

Philippians 3:20-21.
People gain citizenship from the overall approval of the White House. This doesn't mean that these new citizens live in the White House, though. Nor does it threaten their citizenship if they choose to live outside the United States.

Revelation 7:9 and 19:1 (like Revelation 21:1-2)
These are visions with a spiritual meaning and should be interpreted as such.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#890 Oct 7, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
What is your point and motivation, and how does it honor Christ? It appears that you are trying to mentally drivel, in a manner you think promotes you. It is like the two questions, where did Cain's wife come from and were there dinosaurs living along side man. They are irrelevant and part of satan's distraction and confusion. So, what did you say your point and motivation were?
Even in study and belief, a little leaven leavens the whole lump, my friend.

Imagine writing a letter, but mistakingly, you exclude all the "A/a's" from it. Now, imagine the confusion such a "minor" mistake and exclusion can make.

My motivation is to eradicate the contention, mockery, and ridicule, of the atheist and skeptic. Many reject and/or question our 'Elohiym because of what they witness and hear among so-called "believers." And many of them are absolutely justified in their contention(s), based on such obvious confusion! Furthermore, I can't help but think that if a so-called "believer" is in error in just one "minor" point of doctrine, then what other point(s) of doctrine might they be in error with? Even more troubling is the mere thought that they're sharing such errors with others, teaching them as fact and irrefutable. These errors can't be perceived as anything other than man-made traditions, invented and developed in order to coddle the fainthearted.

For far too long, we have formed our 'Elohiym into our own image rather than accepting the image that's given us in scripture, like our 'Elohiym can be fashioned after some obedient puppet. In this, our delusion(s) cause us to believe that our 'Elohiym performs in accordance with our own personal beliefs and desires rather than us accepting and conforming to what's written. In addition, our delusion(s) contort our perceptions just enough to make the "wide and broad" path appear "strait and narrow." As I believe, this is a life or death situation. We've no time to waste.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#893 Oct 8, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Who are you kidding? yourself. If you wish to eradicate any issues that the atheists might have, then don't be contentious, mock or ridicule them? But, that is not it, so you are not truthful. You think some atheist is going to drop in and say his this guy and this other guy, Christian, were arguing about whether Joseph was married to Mary yet, and the one guy was right, so I am not mocked. You are here for your own ego, just to prove that you know more than another Christian. Why don't you go to the science, homosexual, biology, or Is there a God thread, and speak to atheists and homosexuals and speak to them about salvation, healing, sin, and why Jesus died for them. Why not speak to them, instead of another believer who you want to best and prove to someone that you are better than. If you are rooted here,then why not speak to 15th Dalai, if that is his name, you know an atheist and unbeliever. Don't tell me or anyone that you are tried to save those whom Jesus has already saved, Christians.
Trust me, you are in error on many points of doctrine, and you will die like most of us with many doctrinal errors. Doctrinal perfection does not save you, Jesus does. Jesus is the only one without errors. You have a 1000 errors and you are flawed and sin daily.
Yes, you do come here daily and teach them errors as fact, so stop it, and share the gospel of salvation to sinner and unbelievers who are dying and going to hell. Once they are saved, then let the Holy Spirit lead them to a church and a pastor, whom God has chosen for them.
ps. You are just here arguing, and doing it for your own ego. You know darn well, that the other SAVED Christians see you just as wrong as you see them, so you know that YOU will accomplish nothing but finding glee in belittling some other Christian.
If you are certain about your beliefs, then take your butt into a Catholic, Mormon, Baptist, Islam temple, Jewish temple, Methodist church, etc. on a Sunday morning and go there uninvited and disrupt their service. Bring a gun or tank, so you can force them to see things exactly as you see them, which is not the same as Jesus does. No, if you did, then you would e Jesus.
Don't bother to respond, you likely have an answer for everything, and you response would be for others to read, so they can see you as "KING Brother Love, Lord of yourself."
SHALOM
WOW! Got ol' Brother Lee Love figured out! Don't we you little sleuth, you?! And I would have succeeded if it weren't for you meddling kids! So...do you prefer "Mr. Pot," or "Mr. Kettle?"
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Just curious, how many times have you ever said on here, and here lies MY problem, thanks for correcting me and making me better. If not, then what makes you think that someone else will?
LOL! A few times, I have! I'm sure janeebee can attest to that.

It's a shame, you're being unaware of the ministry of our anointed Savior and all. Many times, he directed his attention to the so-called "learned men" of Israel. In one instance, he "belittled" them because of the importance they set on washing hands. By doing so, he would re-direct both, the so-called "learned men" and those learning from these so-called "teachers" of the law.

It's odd, my hypocritical friend, that you would want me to discontinue from aiding others with their walk while attempting to assist me with mine. Perhaps, it's time you examined yourself, now. And thoroughly.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Santa Fe, NM

#895 Oct 8, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
The put up or shut up. You made an accusation and you hae been asked to back it up twice and you are still caliming you can but not producing any evidence.
Is your presence in the forum prescribed rehabilitation therapy?

Maybe you should be in the 'Dukes of Hazard Re-Runs' forum.

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#896 Oct 8, 2012
Petticoat Jnction?

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#897 Oct 8, 2012
Gilligan's Island?

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#898 Oct 8, 2012
Beverly Hillbillies?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#899 Oct 8, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your presence in the forum prescribed rehabilitation therapy?
Maybe you should be in the 'Dukes of Hazard Re-Runs' forum.
pro·jec·tion. noun. b : the attribution of one's own ideas, feelings, or attitudes to other people or to objects; especially : the externalization of blame, guilt, or responsibility as a defense against anxiety.

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#900 Oct 8, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
pro·jec·tion. noun. b : the attribution of one's own ideas, feelings, or attitudes to other people or to objects; especially : the externalization of blame, guilt, or responsibility as a defense against anxiety.
Leave it to Beaver?

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#901 Oct 8, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so obvious. Instead of compounding your asininity why don't you just go back and see what she added to scripture?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#904 Oct 8, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
BROTHER LEE
I proved to you our SPIRIT goes to heaven when we die
You've proven no such thing!

The only two scriptures I can imagine you using to even attempt to prove such a doctrine are Ecclesiastes 3:21 and 12:7. The first mentions the "spirit of man that goeth upward," and the second mentions how that the "spirit shall return unto God who gave it." But, even these don't prove that the spirit is some sort of ghost, or apparition, that exists outside the body. Rather, the "spirit" in these verses are synonymous with the "breath of life" that was breathed into the nostrils of Adam (Genesis 2:7). And it's the combination of both, body and spirit (breath of life), that makes a "living soul (Genesis 2:7)!"
Native from Pa wrote:
or how else could there be rejoicing in heaven who is doing this?
The elect, as everlasting life in the spirit-realm is promised to the elect, exclusively! Not every believer. In any case, you're referring to visions of a future occurrence. Unless you can prove differently, these occurrences are to take place after the resurrection and during Judgment.
Native from Pa wrote:
I showed you SCRIPTURES where even Jesus said I AM GOING TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU that where I am you can be also. So why would Jesus prepare a place for us if we are going to live on earth?
You neglect audience-relevance, my dear. Our anointed Savior was speaking, specifically, to his apostles, and by extension, those that share in the heavenly calling. This was told them during his last Passover meal with them. Nobody other than the apostles were present with him at that time.

NOTE: Many things in the bible are directed to specific people, namely the elect, but remains beneficial to all.
Native from Pa wrote:
The Bible says ALL believers inherit ETERNAL life.
Incorrect, my dear.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

James 3:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Native from Pa wrote:
Are we NOT inheriting the earth NOW? The meek are among us NOW. Did you not even think of this?
No, because it's foolish to even think that the meek have inherited the earth already. Sure, the meek live on the earth, and in her societies, but the meek definitely didn't inherit the earth yet.

Were there never any meek on this earth before?
Native from Pa wrote:
See unlike you when I read a scripture I take it for what it says NOT try to analyze and figure it out to say something it does NOT. If Jesus said I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU then I believe what he said HE WENT TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR US.
Have you ever pondered why the author of Hebrews mentions "partakers of the heavenly calling?" I'm curious, too, your thoughts on Matthew 11:11. "Verily I say unto you," said our anointed Savior, "Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#905 Oct 8, 2012
Brother Lee,
Most CHRISTIANS believe as soon as you die you enter heaven. You are the FIRST to go against such beliefs. The Bible supports this where Jesus said he went to prepare a PLACE for us. THAT WAS NOT just to the first century Christians the Bible includes ALL Christians.

Actually I know of people who have died and seen heaven and they also talked about seeing people in heaven they knew.

EVERY BELIEVER is an elect.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You've proven no such thing!
The only two scriptures I can imagine you using to even attempt to prove such a doctrine are Ecclesiastes 3:21 and 12:7. The first mentions the "spirit of man that goeth upward," and the second mentions how that the "spirit shall return unto God who gave it." But, even these don't prove that the spirit is some sort of ghost, or apparition, that exists outside the body. Rather, the "spirit" in these verses are synonymous with the "breath of life" that was breathed into the nostrils of Adam (Genesis 2:7). And it's the combination of both, body and spirit (breath of life), that makes a "living soul (Genesis 2:7)!"
<quoted text>The elect, as everlasting life in the spirit-realm is promised to the elect, exclusively! Not every believer. In any case, you're referring to visions of a future occurrence. Unless you can prove differently, these occurrences are to take place after the resurrection and during Judgment.
<quoted text>You neglect audience-relevance, my dear. Our anointed Savior was speaking, specifically, to his apostles, and by extension, those that share in the heavenly calling. This was told them during his last Passover meal with them. Nobody other than the apostles were present with him at that time.
NOTE: Many things in the bible are directed to specific people, namely the elect, but remains beneficial to all.
<quoted text>Incorrect, my dear.
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
James 3:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
<quoted text>No, because it's foolish to even think that the meek have inherited the earth already. Sure, the meek live on the earth, and in her societies, but the meek definitely didn't inherit the earth yet.
Were there never any meek on this earth before?
<quoted text>Have you ever pondered why the author of Hebrews mentions "partakers of the heavenly calling?" I'm curious, too, your thoughts on Matthew 11:11. "Verily I say unto you," said our anointed Savior, "Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#906 Oct 8, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
Brother Lee,
Most CHRISTIANS believe as soon as you die you enter heaven. You are the FIRST to go against such beliefs. The Bible supports this where Jesus said he went to prepare a PLACE for us. THAT WAS NOT just to the first century Christians the Bible includes ALL Christians.
Actually I know of people who have died and seen heaven and they also talked about seeing people in heaven they knew.
<quoted text>
Most Christians are Catholic and that is not what they believe.

That second part is second hand moose manure.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#907 Oct 8, 2012
I am a Christain and I don't always beleive like others. One day when I get to heaven then I'll know it all. Untill then I will wait and see.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#908 Oct 9, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
Brother Lee,
Most CHRISTIANS believe as soon as you die you enter heaven. You are the FIRST to go against such beliefs.
"Most" believers? Are you sure of that? And am I really the first? I doubt that, Native from Pa.
Native from Pa wrote:
The Bible supports this where Jesus said he went to prepare a PLACE for us. THAT WAS NOT just to the first century Christians the Bible includes ALL Christians.
You either, ignored my post, or just have no respect for facts. Our anointed Savior said he was going to prepare a place for his apostles and, by extension, all others that have a "heavenly calling." Only the elect will live forever in the spirit-realm. All others will inherit the earth. Do I have to re-post the same verses?
Native from Pa wrote:
Can I safely conclude that you've never read about the psychiatrist that died and went to heaven? Yeah...he saw all his loved ones...including the people that were still alive, in the waiting room of the hospital! And are you aware that the "after-life experience" depends greatly on the cultural expectation? I believe it's called "post-traumatic memory retraction," or something like that.
Native from Pa wrote:
Really? Do you purposely alter the meaning of scriptures when you read them?

Revelation 20:4-6
...and [the elect] reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the FIRST resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the FIRST resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise FIRST:
THEN...

Revelation 14:1-4
And I looked, and lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred and forty and four thousand..which were redeemed from the earth...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. There were redeemed from among men, being the FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb.

Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of them which were sealed; and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

It's become painfully obvious to me why you continually neglect to address the verses I quote. In this case, as in every case, the 144,000 are the elect. And the 144,000-these elect-will reign with our anointed Savior in the spirit-realm.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#909 Oct 9, 2012
Brother Lee
I have NO respect for false teachers like yourself when Jesus himself stated he has gone to prepare a place for us.
THE ELECT are ALL THOSE who received CHRIST as their Savior.
I am NOT interested in your teaching. I believe ALL who die have a SPIRIT AND THAT SPIRIT LIVES ON.
144,000 have to do with the JEWISH people. Today people are in heaven and nothing you can do about that.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"Most" believers? Are you sure of that? And am I really the first? I doubt that, Native from Pa.
<quoted text>You either, ignored my post, or just have no respect for facts. Our anointed Savior said he was going to prepare a place for his apostles and, by extension, all others that have a "heavenly calling." Only the elect will live forever in the spirit-realm. All others will inherit the earth. Do I have to re-post the same verses?
<quoted text>Can I safely conclude that you've never read about the psychiatrist that died and went to heaven? Yeah...he saw all his loved ones...including the people that were still alive, in the waiting room of the hospital! And are you aware that the "after-life experience" depends greatly on the cultural expectation? I believe it's called "post-traumatic memory retraction," or something like that.
<quoted text>Really? Do you purposely alter the meaning of scriptures when you read them?
Revelation 20:4-6
...and [the elect] reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the FIRST resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the FIRST resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
1Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise FIRST:
THEN...
Revelation 14:1-4
And I looked, and lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred and forty and four thousand..which were redeemed from the earth...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. There were redeemed from among men, being the FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb.
Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of them which were sealed; and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
It's become painfully obvious to me why you continually neglect to address the verses I quote. In this case, as in every case, the 144,000 are the elect. And the 144,000-these elect-will reign with our anointed Savior in the spirit-realm.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#911 Oct 9, 2012
Did Jesus have a wife? I still haven't found anything that says He did. I haven't found that He didn't. I beleive He didn't. But I don't know everything nor do I say I know it all.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#912 Oct 9, 2012
So people in here are saying GOD was married? ARE YOU FOR REAL?
Jesus is GOD in the flesh and God does NOT need a wife.
Jesus was NOT here to fulfill the lust of the flesh he was here to die for the sins of the world.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#913 Oct 9, 2012
NO RELIGION,
Funny thing is I WAS NOT indoctrinated by anything.
I read the BIBLE and it says JESUS WENT TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR ME AND ALL THOSE who receive him.
I do NOT have a church and do NOT believe in joining a church so again like I said I READ THE BIBLE and also study some of the original languages.
There SPIRIT is in heaven NOT their earthly body. It is the BODY that will be raised up. The body is sleeping NOT the SPIRIT.
No Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "most Christians" do not believe that. You are under the strange assumption that whatever you think, believe, and indoctrinated with is the only right answer. You believe you are faultless. Humility would serve you well. I was never taught such a thing, nor did I teach it.
Pastor Doug: Well there’s a very popular misconception that’s floating around. Let me see if I could explain: There’s a couple of Scriptures that people have misunderstood. One Scripture is where Paul says,‘to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord’. People understand that to mean that as soon as you die, you, that next moment, are transported to Heaven before the Resurrection. Paul – understanding that when you’re dead and asleep, you have no consciousness of time – he knew that his next conscious thought would be the presence of the Lord. And you can use several Bible heroes as examples.
For instance, King David. The Bible says in Acts chapter 2 that he’s dead and buried – now this is after the Resurrection of Jesus. David is a good man; he’s going to Heaven. The Bible says he’s dead, he’s buried, he’s not yet ascended to Heaven. Well when David died, Nathan the Prophet said ‘you’ll sleep with your fathers’. David is sleeping. He died a thousand years before Christ; but for him it’ll be a moment, the twinkling of an eye, his next breath will be when Jesus descends and he breathes in with a glorified lung, a new body. So we get confused because you and I are confined to time. We live in this element of time, this dimension that the dead do not feel right now. Their next conscious thought is the Resurrection because Jesus said the dead in Christ rise when He comes. If they’re already in Heaven, why rise them?
http://www.amazingfacts.org/radio/bible-answe...
Also, BLL has stated he'd not a Christian. Please refrain from stating your interpretations as the norm of those with Christ. Just state them as you and your church's doctrine which is not stated as such in the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does God Hate? 6 hr Big Al 129
News New figures show debt crises are growing across... Sat nanoanomaly 1
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) Sat nanoanomaly 189
The People's Lounge (Mar '09) Fri Roadie 4,439
Dating Morals Fri arrow 24
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) Fri Preacher 190
Why Are You LGBT Mods Deleting My Posts? Thu dollarsbill 7