of 61
Next Last
Tony

Sydney, Australia

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Jesus is GOD in the flesh so NO Jesus could NOT have had a wife. GOD is NOT married.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
Jesus is GOD in the flesh so NO Jesus could NOT have had a wife. GOD is NOT married.
If you went to Mass yesterday you would know what Christ had to say about that but you didn't so you just make shít up and hope it's right. It rarely is.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#4 Sep 18, 2012
15th
I made NOTHING UP I follow the Bible UNLIKE you. John 1 says JESUS IS THE WORD.

In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.

NOTICE IT SAYS THE WORD WAS GOD... Now if you go to verse 14 it says
14 So the Word became human[d] and made his home among us.

NOW it says the WORD WAS GOD and then in verse 14 it says THE WORD BECAME HUMAN this would have been JESUS. SO YES JESUS IS GOD!!!!

Who is the HE in verse 2?
It says HE EXISTED in the beginning WITH God.
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to Mass yesterday you would know what Christ had to say about that but you didn't so you just make shít up and hope it's right. It rarely is.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Native from Pa wrote:
15th
I made NOTHING UP I follow the Bible UNLIKE you. John 1 says JESUS IS THE WORD.
In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
NOTICE IT SAYS THE WORD WAS GOD... Now if you go to verse 14 it says
14 So the Word became human[d] and made his home among us.
NOW it says the WORD WAS GOD and then in verse 14 it says THE WORD BECAME HUMAN this would have been JESUS. SO YES JESUS IS GOD!!!!
Who is the HE in verse 2?
It says HE EXISTED in the beginning WITH God.
<quoted text>
He was a carptenter, for Christ's sake, not a domestic engineer.

Show me in Holy Scripture where it says Jesus did not have a wife.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Tony wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/wa s-jesus-married-new-papyrus-fr agment-fuels-debate-20120919-2 65av.html
Thoughts everyone?
Hi, the wife of Christ (God)is his body of believers, Jews and Gentiles (all men with their wives and children)that was saved by faith. That women that is saying this, has no knowledge of God and truly does not walk in the wisdom of heaven. They made a moive years ago, that he was married to Mary. Many signed a petition and it never was shown. Thank the Lord God Almighty in the name of Christ. I met a RC man years ago and ask him why they make all these movies where RC men are killing their families and gone to the grave and bless themselves. I truly was shocked by his answer, we don't make those movies, the Jews do. I said why, they want to make us look bad.

Christ was sent by God his Father for one thing only, to save his people from the sins of their law of works and to save all men from the sin of Adam. If anyone thinks other wise, they know nothing about the gospel of Christ (New Testament in his own precious shed blood)
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#8 Sep 18, 2012
He was a normal Jewish man in she 30's of course he had a WIFE and children..

Location hidden

#9 Sep 18, 2012
ELH wrote:
Hi, yes he wa Jewish, but he came for one rasom to save his people (Jews) and those that were not (Gentiles) No were in the Old and New Testament, the word of God states he was ever married. You know nothing of his people today, the Spiritual Nation of Israel. Christ was God manifested in the flesh, he took on the sinful flesh of men so he could die for the sins of ALL men in the end of that old evil world.
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#10 Sep 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, yes he wa Jewish, but he came for one rasom to save his people (Jews) and those that were not (Gentiles) No were in the Old and New Testament, the word of God states he was ever married. You know nothing of his people today, the Spiritual Nation of Israel. Christ was God manifested in the flesh, he took on the sinful flesh of men so he could die for the sins of ALL men in the end of that old evil world.
Here's what I KNOW. You are correct that very little is know about the life of Jesus between his birth and the last year of his life.

But the FACT remains that as an OBSERVANT Jew it is far more likely that Jesus was MARRIED that that he wasn't.

I also know that the Torah is the word of God and The New Testament is the word on MAN.

And like it or not, it's been almost 2,000 YEARS and not one of the five MAJOR post Messianic prophecies have been fulfilled.

And finally, I know that there is no accounting for delusional nutter who believe everything they read and then feel compelled to spread their ignorance.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
You know nothing of his people today, the Spiritual Nation of Israel.
TWO more things I know:

First that EVERY JEW in the diaspora has to return to Israel BEFORE the thirds temple can be rebuilt.

And I am NOT going to make Aliyah to suit some christian 'end times' nutter.

So it's sure looking like the prophecies that haven't be fulfilled in the past 2000 years aren't going to be fulfilled in THIS lifetime either.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, yes he wa Jewish, but he came for one rasom to save his people (Jews) and those that were not (Gentiles) No were in the Old and New Testament, the word of God states he was ever married. You know nothing of his people today, the Spiritual Nation of Israel. Christ was God manifested in the flesh, he took on the sinful flesh of men so he could die for the sins of ALL men in the end of that old evil world.
We're still waiting for the evidence demonstrating the sixty-six books of the Protestant Bible are the Word of God. Pretty much, when pressed for evidence, all we get from fundies is baseless pontification.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12 Sep 18, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still waiting for the evidence demonstrating the sixty-six books of the Protestant Bible are the Word of God. Pretty much, when pressed for evidence, all we get from fundies is baseless pontification.
I always wonder why they are yelling at me in their posts.

If that how they teach their children to LOVE God, it's VERY sad.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, yes he wa Jewish, but he came for one rasom to save his people (Jews) and those that were not (Gentiles)
Hey Bud, What do the following people have in common with Jesus?:
Simon of Peraea Athronges
Menahem ben Judah
Vespasian
Simon bar Kokhba
Moses of Crete.
Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani .
Yudghan
David Alroy
Nissim ben Abraham
Moses Botarel
Asher Lämmlein
David Reubeni
Sabbatai Zevi
Barukhia Russo
Jacob Querido
Miguel Cardoso
Mordecai Mokia
Löbele Prossnitz."
Jacob Joseph Frank
Menachem Mendel Schneerson

They all have a very important connection so go research it and get back to us. K?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
Christ was sent by God his Father for one thing only, to save his people from the sins of their law of works and to save all men from the sin of Adam. If anyone thinks other wise, they know nothing about the gospel of Christ (New Testament in his own precious shed blood)
You prove you know nothing of early Christianity from the time of Jesus till the bishops gathered together for the first time to remake the early church.
Also, the NT never teaches in a single sentence that Jesus couldn't marry if he so desired to do so as a human. The earliest doctrines of the Gnostics in more than one way, insinuated and stated Jesus had been married.
The first group of bishops for the church in Rome, they battled the Gnostic teachings. They imprisoned, tortured and murdered those who wouldn't turn from those gospels and accept the writings the bishops were claiming as inspired.
Paul directly taught bishops and deacons were to be married. What did the bishops do with that teaching from Paul? They ignored it and found logical reasons not to obey the command from Paul. They then claimed celibacy for all clergy of any position.
The teaching that Jesus never married/ couldn't marry/wouldn't marry came from those bishops and became a traditional teaching for the next 1600 years.
The belief people have that Jesus could never marry, it is not founded on Bible scripture. It is founded on interpretation by those wishing to believe it true. Understand?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#15 Sep 19, 2012
ELH wrote:
Why would his disciples not mention it if he had a wife?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Sep 19, 2012
Jesus was not married.

The Bible mentions Jesus mother, adoptive father, brothers and sisters, but not a wife.

Those who try to say he had a wife, are attempting to deny that Jesus was a divine person. Jesus was God in the flesh. He is God. That is the Christian belief.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#17 Sep 19, 2012
The four Christian gospels -- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John -- were written and being circulated within the first 90 years of the time of Christ. None of them mention a wife of Jesus and why not if it was normal?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#18 Sep 19, 2012
jesus is wrote:
The four Christian gospels -- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John -- were written and being circulated within the first 90 years of the time of Christ. None of them mention a wife of Jesus and why not if it was normal?
Non sequitur. If it were normal there would be no need to mention it.

Since: Oct 07

Thame, UK

#19 Sep 19, 2012
Hi Tony .Personally I don't believe Christ had a wife but if it should transpire that he did in fact have one it would not in any way shape or form effect my faith in him .For me it is neither here nor there if he had a wife or not .

Location hidden

#20 Sep 19, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I KNOW. You are correct that very little is know about the life of Jesus between his birth and the last year of his life.
But the FACT remains that as an OBSERVANT Jew it is far more likely that Jesus was MARRIED that that he wasn't.
I also know that the Torah is the word of God and The New Testament is the word on MAN.
And like it or not, it's been almost 2,000 YEARS and not one of the five MAJOR post Messianic prophecies have been fulfilled.
And finally, I know that there is no accounting for delusional nutter who believe everything they read and then feel compelled to spread their ignorance.
<quoted text>
TWO more things I know:
First that EVERY JEW in the diaspora has to return to Israel BEFORE the thirds temple can be rebuilt.
And I am NOT going to make Aliyah to suit some christian 'end times' nutter.
So it's sure looking like the prophecies that haven't be fulfilled in the past 2000 years aren't going to be fulfilled in THIS lifetime either.
Hi, you keep waiting, all prophecies came to end 2012 years ago when Christ return for his new born again Jews and Gentiles. He freed us from are last enemy death and offered up the wife to the God of the Spiritual Nation of Israel forever and ever. All men come to the Abba Father in one Spirit in the life of Christ.

There is doubt in my heart, that all men at the beginning of this new world was Christians and all came to the Father in one Spirit of Christ. No matter what they call them selves today. All men were holy saints in the Spirit and Mind of Christ. The Lord said, after those days, I will make a everlasting covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah and I will put my laws in their hearts and write in their minds and I will be a God unto them and they shall be my people and they don't have to teach every man his neighbor, for every man knoweth the Lord. There is no differences between Jews and Gentiles, the wall between them was taken down, and every thing was given to them.

For your information I am a New Testament Christian (Jew or Gentile) a disciple of Christ. We worship the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb, everlasting Father and we pray in the Holy Ghost. We are free of hell and death and the lake of fire, for we are of the first resurrection.

The New Testament is the word of God, NOT man and it is the full filament of the Old Testament. The New Testament happen in the last 70 years of that old evil world. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who was sent to save his people Jews and Gentiles from their sins, the law of works and the sin of Adam.He will NOT return again, this is it. We can deny him, but he will NOT deny himself. In this New Heaven and earth he has blessed us with the Holy Spirit of Grace of everlasting life. We do NOT sin, for we are born of God and his seed remaineth in us.

The God of Israel was looking for those to worship him in Spirit and Truth, for God is a Spirit, Holy is his name. Christ was truly God manifested in the flesh and his NEW name, Lord God Almighty.

Every were we look today, people are trying to bring God down to their level. Christ was without sin. He was sent by God the Father for one reason only,to save his people from their sin, the law of works and he did it. Were is NO law, there is NO sin. Amen

If you deny the New Testament, we have nothing in commom.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 19, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Jesus was not married.
The Bible mentions Jesus mother, adoptive father, brothers and sisters, but not a wife.
Those who try to say he had a wife, are attempting to deny that Jesus was a divine person. Jesus was God in the flesh. He is God. That is the Christian belief.
Hi, love the Truth and hate evil. Its evil what they are saying. Trying to bring him down to their level. Christ was God the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. This is my true baptism. Jesus Christ commanded his holy apostles to go into all parts of that old world and baptize in the name of God the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Thanks for what you wrote. Hold to the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith during hard times 1 hr blacklagoon 107
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Ben Avraham 1,662
the pauline paradox 3 hr susanblange 85
The truth is difficult, I understand. 3 hr blacklagoon 38
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 3 hr blacklagoon 142
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 5 hr Big Al 2,460
George Washington and the duty of prayer 7 hr Big Al 9
More from around the web