What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

There are 84749 comments on the www.christianpost.com story from Apr 19, 2008, titled What Divides Catholics and Protestants?. In it, www.christianpost.com reports that:

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.christianpost.com.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85190 Nov 15, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Bulk wrap!
Google the book....THE TWO BABYLONS......written over 100 years ago by a Catholic Priest. It CLEARLY shows how the Trinity, Hellfire, Immortality of the soul doctrines origionated THERE. In case you missed it...Babylon is no more. It embraced these falsehoods 2000 years before Christianity. We Americans had our army base on top of Ancient Babylon, 13 miles from Baghdad, Saddam Hussans home of 13 million citizens. Learn it...it will benefit you.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#85191 Nov 15, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Boy, do you love to argue or what?!
I spell it as I do for the sake of pronunciation, for the reader. And secondly, saviors offer salvation. Therefore.....
Figure it out.
You figure it out. You are giving people false information and misleading them based on your personal preference.
"saviors give salvation" That is true but it does not excuse you changing "salvation" to "savior," in a name. As I said in Hebrew "Yasha" is savior. If God had wanted the Messiah's name to be "anointed savior" it would be written "Mashachyasha"

US 62 @ US 81

#85192 Nov 15, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Google the book....THE TWO BABYLONS......written over 100 years ago by a Catholic Priest. It CLEARLY shows how the Trinity, Hellfire, Immortality of the soul doctrines origionated THERE. In case you missed it...Babylon is no more. It embraced these falsehoods 2000 years before Christianity. We Americans had our army base on top of Ancient Babylon, 13 miles from Baghdad, Saddam Hussans home of 13 million citizens. Learn it...it will benefit you.
Some people will believe anything they read on line as long as it supports their assumptions/presuppositions. His slops "To babble on" is a piece of garbage that has been exposed and refuted many times. There is no historical evidence to support any of the claims made in the book. Here are 3 of a lot more sites which expose that peace suck wrap.

http://www.google.com/url...

Location hidden

#85194 Nov 15, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people will believe anything they read on line as long as it supports their assumptions/presuppositions. His slops "To babble on" is a piece of garbage that has been exposed and refuted many times. There is no historical evidence to support any of the claims made in the book. Here are 3 of a lot more sites which expose that peace suck wrap.
I have pork ribs on the grill.......any encyclopedia will tell you the origions of trinity, hellfire and immortality of the soul. Gen. 1:21,24....Animals are souls as well, just as humans.........How could a loving God burn an imperfect person forever?? That is a pagan teaching and not one Jesus ever preached about.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85195 Nov 15, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I don't call him "Jesus Christ." I call him "Yahowshua ha'Mashiyach."
Most likely, you call yourself "Christian" because you also call him "Jesus Christ."
If you would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate if you would reveal, to me, where it's written that it's a must that we adhere only to the English transliteration of the Greek "Christianos."
<quoted text>First, you mean "your preferred translation." But, if you'd learn the actual English translation of "Jesus Christ," you'd see that it's actually and accurately translated "Anointed Savior of Yah," or "Yah's Anointed Savior." I prefer the shortened "anointed Savior," because 1) he was, indeed, anointed, and 2) he is, indeed, our Savior. "Jesus Christ" is, actually, the English transliteration of the Greek and Latin "Iesous Christos."
I think it's foolish that anyone make such a big deal regarding these things. If that's the case, then even you should be calling him "Iesus (pronounced 'ye-soos')," considering that that's how his name appeared in the very first English translations.
The NT was translated from Greek to English...the definition I showed you was the definition of the Greek word....which means, as I said, you are a Christian if you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ...

Nothing you can say will ever change this...nothing...

Location hidden

#85196 Nov 15, 2012
185 109
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it is.
"Where, then," you ask?
Every place you find the name and title "Jesus Christ," as that what this name and title means, actually.
Show me, in the KJV, the words "Anointed Savior". You can't because it ain't......

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#85197 Nov 16, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
You figure it out. You are giving people false information and misleading them based on your personal preference.
"saviors give salvation" That is true but it does not excuse you changing "salvation" to "savior," in a name. As I said in Hebrew "Yasha" is savior. If God had wanted the Messiah's name to be "anointed savior" it would be written "Mashachyasha"
Oh, to be caught up on such trivial nonsense!

Rely on your personal technicalities, Mr. Allen Richards, as most likely, it's necessary you do. I, on the other hand, do not rely on such minor issues. The fact of the matter is, Father has sent and anointed His only-begotten Son to be His means of salvation for us. Therefore and by extension, His only-begotten Son is, also, our Savior. Our "anointed Savior," that is.

I pray our 'Elohiym judges between you and I.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#85198 Nov 16, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
The NT was translated from Greek to English...the definition I showed you was the definition of the Greek word....which means, as I said, you are a Christian if you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ...

Nothing you can say will ever change this...nothing...
Different term, same root, same fruit. I'm fine with that.
Oxbow wrote:
Show me, in the KJV, the words "Anointed Savior". You can't because it ain't......
Perhaps, you should get started warning every other believer that pronounces the name "Jesus Christ" differently because they speak another language. You'll be fine, though, considering that, from-now-on, you'll pronounce his name "ye-soos," considering that that's how his name is actually pronounced, from our first English translations.

"I-e-s-u-s."

US 62 @ US 81

#85200 Nov 16, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
I have pork ribs on the grill.......any encyclopedia will tell you the origions of trinity, hellfire and immortality of the soul. Gen. 1:21,24....Animals are souls as well, just as humans.........How could a loving God burn an imperfect person forever?? That is a pagan teaching and not one Jesus ever preached about.
Bulk wrap on the encyclopedia. How can anyone expect to get accurate information about Christianity from a secular, non-Christian, encyclopedia.
Animals have a nephesh but they are not souls in the same sense as humans are.
How could humans choose to defy and disobey God knowing the penalty?
Pagan, this and pagan that. Anything everything any person could do was probably done by some primitive society.

US 62 @ US 81

#85201 Nov 16, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Oh, to be caught up on such trivial nonsense!
Rely on your personal technicalities, Mr. Allen Richards, as most likely, it's necessary you do. I, on the other hand, do not rely on such minor issues. The fact of the matter is, Father has sent and anointed His only-begotten Son to be His means of salvation for us. Therefore and by extension, His only-begotten Son is, also, our Savior. Our "anointed Savior," that is.
I pray our 'Elohiym judges between you and I.
If you choose to call the Messiah, your "anointed savior" or anything else, that is your affair but do NOT say that is what "Yehoshua HaMaschiah," means. That is false as I have shown.
As for calling the Messiah, "Jesus" that is the transliteration of the Greek "Iesous," which is the Greek transliteration of the hebrew, "Yeshua."
There is no "sh" sound in Greek thus the "s" in the center of the name, instead of "sh." In Greek the "alpha" i.e. "a," at the end of Yeshua is feminine thus it was changed to "s" which is a maculine ending.

Location hidden

#85202 Nov 16, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Different term, same root, same fruit. I'm fine with that.
<quoted text>Perhaps, you should get started warning every other believer that pronounces the name "Jesus Christ" differently because they speak another language. You'll be fine, though, considering that, from-now-on, you'll pronounce his name "ye-soos," considering that that's how his name is actually pronounced, from our first English translations.
"I-e-s-u-s."
You can't face and accept the truth...no where in Scripture is Jesus referred to as "anointed Savior"...no where....

He is anointed by God....He is our Savior...but and however, He was never referred to, in Scripture, as "anointed Savior"...

If you want to continue riding this merry-go-round, you will go solo.....

Location hidden

#85203 Nov 16, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Bulk wrap on the encyclopedia. How can anyone expect to get accurate information about Christianity from a secular, non-Christian, encyclopedia.
Animals have a nephesh but they are not souls in the same sense as humans are.
How could humans choose to defy and disobey God knowing the penalty?
Pagan, this and pagan that. Anything everything any person could do was probably done by some primitive society.
You seem to have knowledge from an outside source....Satan...Job 1:6,7.....Satan entered a meeting of Angels. 2 Corinthians 11:3, 14. 1 John 5:19......I have many more verses to explain why you believe what you believe. John 8:44 is especially for you John.

Location hidden

#85204 Nov 16, 2012
ALLEN

US 62 @ US 81

#85205 Nov 16, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have knowledge from an outside source....Satan...Job 1:6,7.....Satan entered a meeting of Angels. 2 Corinthians 11:3, 14. 1 John 5:19......I have many more verses to explain why you believe what you believe. John 8:44 is especially for you John.
You don't have anything that explains anything about what I believe. Mindlessly vomiting random scripture is NOT evidence.

Location hidden

#85206 Nov 16, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have anything that explains anything about what I believe. Mindlessly vomiting random scripture is NOT evidence.
You are Satans disciple.
soadmann

Masontown, PA

#85208 Nov 17, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
A man with a big head

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#85209 Nov 17, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Satans disciple.
You must be buds with Satan if you know that.

God doesn't distribute that info to mere mortals.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#85210 Nov 17, 2012
Savior -
Hebrew: "yasha'" a primitive root
Greek: "soter," from "sozo"

Salvation -
Hebrew: "yeshuw'ah" feminine passive particle of "yasha'"
Greek: "soteria" and "soterion" - "soterion" is the same as "soteria," while "soteria" is a derivative of "soter"

If you see any similarities, be sure to let me know. Or, you can continue knit-picking such minor, insignificant details.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#85211 Nov 17, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
You can't face and accept the truth...no where in Scripture is Jesus referred to as "anointed Savior"...no where....
Not in English, no.
Oxbow wrote:
He is anointed by God....He is our Savior...but and however, He was never referred to, in Scripture, as "anointed Savior"...
If you want to continue riding this merry-go-round, you will go solo.....
Well, according to your beliefs, I'm also wrong for using the proper name "Har-Megiddown" instead of "Armageddon," because only "Armageddon" appears in our English versions. I would also be wrong, then, for using the actual, literal translation "Passover" at Acts 12:4 and not "Easter," considering that the actual, literal translation of "pascha," which is the actual, literal Greek term found in the verse and the actual, literal Greek equivalent of the Hebrew "pecach," is "Passover" and not "Easter."

NOTE: I'm fully aware that many concordances have "Easter" as a proper translation for the term "pascha." I believe this is most erroneous, though, as it's factual that the Israelites never observed, by commandment, any feast called "Easter," and the Greek "pascha" is, indeed, the equivalent of the Hebrew "pecach."

I apologize if I've offended you, Oxbow, but I truly had no idea that we were bound by the literal terminological use of our English, "king James'" version. Furthermore, I truly had no idea we were bound by our modern English, "king James'" version, taking into consideration that you've rejected the fact that the original English versions use "Iesus" and not "Jesus." I, also and truly, had no idea that calling the only-begotten Son of our Father "anointed Savior" was so offensive. I can only pray that our 'Elohiym will have mercy on me and forgive me for such blasphemy if it is, indeed, blasphemous. Wait..I can use "'Elohiym," right? I mean, I know it doesn't appear in our modern, English "king James'" version, but...

~sigh~

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#85212 Nov 17, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
If you choose to call the Messiah, your "anointed savior" or anything else, that is your affair but do NOT say that is what "Yehoshua HaMaschiah," means. That is false as I have shown.

As for calling the Messiah, "Jesus" that is the transliteration of the Greek "Iesous," which is the Greek transliteration of the hebrew, "Yeshua."

There is no "sh" sound in Greek thus the "s" in the center of the name, instead of "sh." In Greek the "alpha" i.e. "a," at the end of Yeshua is feminine thus it was changed to "s" which is a maculine ending.
Savior -
Hebrew: "yasha'" a primitive root
Greek: "soter," from "sozo"

Salvation -
Hebrew: "yeshuw'ah" feminine passive particle of "yasha'"
Greek: "soteria" and "soterion" - "soterion" is the same as "soteria," while "soteria" is a derivative of "soter"

If you see any similarities, be sure to let me know. Or, you can continue knit-picking such minor, insignificant details.

Do you know what I think is funny? Our English language. That's what I think is funny. Our English language and it's many, many synonyms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel is anti christ, literally 4 min oxbow 40
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 min Taranis 320
judgment coming to america 8 min oxbow 41
If The Pope Were American 54 min oxbow 34
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 58 min oxbow 1,064
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 1 hr oxbow 1,106
News Police need more training on hate crime, says A... 1 hr oxbow 22
Another one joins our team ! 13 hr oxbow 63
More from around the web