He is Coming Soon

15 Dalai Lama

TRYING

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#303 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize, I got this avatar a week or so ago. If you feel ownership, just say so, and I will give it up.
To me, I interpret, my choice, "IT'S TIME" for God in our legal system and yes it is time to end discrimination against blacks and to end gays trying to pimp racial discrimination.
Did you notice that my moniker is Oscar Wilde, there are double entendre my moniker.
You got it off the internet.....no biggie.....I'm not like some who get upset over pics off the net:-)

It's TIME to end Discrimination period........Gays and Lesbians aren't pimping racial discrimination.....and all you've done is create another version of your Oscar account.....again, no biggie!!!

#304 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why are haters freaking out? They must be listening to left wing media. SCOTUS said that 37 states had the right to ban same sex marriages and the 13 states had the right to enact same sex marriages. Are you sure that left wing nuts from ABC to Ellen Degeneres are not losing their minds right now.
I am glad that you are not.
Actually SCOTUS didn't say a word about Section 2 of DOMA.....it wasn't necessary and not before the Court.

Sorry, Gays and Lesbians pretty much knew this was just round one.......next up is a few more states being possibly added between 2014 through 2016....and then legal challenges to Section 2, FFC and the mini DOMA's!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#305 Jun 26, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps and surely Roberts wrote the opinion, your point.
Yes, both Roberts and Scalia voted that the proponents did not have standing. Why do you think Scalia shifted his vote to deny the proponents standing, after Kennedy could not be swayed to uphold DOMA. They did not go wishy washy, so stop lying, they knew that a vote on Prop 8 could have national implications and they did not have the vote.
They kicked the decision backed to the 9th Circuit appeal, which was narrow and applicable only two the two plaintiffs and the counties filed in.
The Attorney General says that she will issue a statement to all counties to uphold the ruling and to ignore Prop 8, but she does not have the power. More lawsuits are expected.
BUT, I AM GLAD THAT YOU GOT ALL THAT YOU WANTED.
Ha, you are looking for a needle in a haystack.

There is NOTHING you won, no matter how hard you delude yourself.

You hate filled bigoted fundies LOST!!

Location hidden

#306 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>How will that happen? The Supreme Court just ruled that the 37 bans on same sex marriages are state decisions and not a part of federal jurisdiction.
They did not "rule" anything you liar.

They said it was not part of the case before them, that's all.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#307 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why are haters freaking out? They must be listening to left wing media. SCOTUS said that 37 states had the right to ban same sex marriages and the 13 states had the right to enact same sex marriages. Are you sure that left wing nuts from ABC to Ellen Degeneres are not losing their minds right now.
I am glad that you are not.
You'd have to ask them why. The WBC has been ranting about picketing the pentagon, how the end of the world is neigh and that g-d hates America while Bachmann went ons tirade of how the constitution has been attacked. As for me, I have no reason to freak either way as SCOTUS rulings don't apply to me.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#311 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware of Bachmann and other opposition. It is a show, just like the gays are claiming that they got all they wanted. I also remember all the whining by gays, marching and attacks on churches when Prop 8 was passed. Then churches were burned by gays and more marches and tirades by gays when Prop 8 was upheld by the CSSC.
Why did Rob Reiner, Gavin Newsome and most of the gay community scream that the world was ending and the constitution had been attacked when they lost.
Here is the reality for both sides, this is politics, and Obama got this ruling in 2009-2010 when Sotomayer and Kagan were appointed to the court. This Court punted to the Republican congress.
The ruling did apply to you which is why you tried to proclaim a victory, when so far none has been realized and gays are losing this fight right now.
I repeat. SCOTUS rulings do not apply to me, nor would their rulings have any affect on my life. As for victory, it isn't mine to proclaim but that doesn't stop me from congratulating who I wish to congratulate.

Location hidden

#315 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Mister, but yes they did.
SCOTUS ruled that the 13 states same sex marriage rulings could not be overruled on the federal level and that means that neither can the 37 bans on same sex marriages.
You would be wrong, SCOTUS ruled that the federal government could not usurp state laws and deny federal benefits to same sex marriage states, and that the issue state bans must can not be restricted by the federal government either.
Don't get upset, just read the details of the case. Take your victories and count your losses.
They did not "rule" any such thing in this case. As it had nothing to do with the case before them. You are jumbling your delusions up again.

#316 Jun 26, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
Actually, they did mention that section 2 was not impacted.
Where did they mention Section 2 of DOMA? Please provide the source.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting a Constitutional Amendment passed because in order to do that, a proposal must be made and both the House and the Senate would have to pass it by 2/3 majority for 2 consecutive legislation sessions before going to the individual states.....and it more than likely will not get out of the Senate..........and we already have 13 states, plus another 4 or 5 that have Civil Unions and DP's.......we are also looking at Arizona, Illinois, Oregon, Michigan, New Jersey and Nevada who are working on removing their bans on Marriage between now and 2016.........it looks like only about 6-10 states will probably not have Marriage Equality and be forced to do it by possibly 2020......there are current legal challenges to the bans on Marriage Equality in both Nevada and Hawaii.......and a potential challenge to the Full Faith and Credit Act regarding a case in Kentucky!!

No need to get ruffled at me.......this fight is much bigger than me, my wife and our marriage.......our marriage wasn't affected by anything happening with Prop 8.....and we now have federal recognition, rights, benefits and privileges other legally married couples have.....we will continue to watch, read and fight any way we can so that others may have what we do:-)

#317 Jun 26, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yeah!
Hey Girl......it has been an amazing day:-)

How are you handling it all?

#322 Jun 26, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get home until late, but finally heard the great news! I am absolutely thrilled!
I have basically read the ruling regarding Prop 8 and have read bits and pieces about Justice Scalia's tantrum over Section 3 of DOMA.......more to follow tomorrow!!!
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#323 Jun 26, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL! I know, such a damned insult, not even putting your name on the ballot! You have been so patient and long suffering with those ingrates!
How come you do not know God?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#325 Jun 26, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
JebusMyLard......LoL
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#327 Jun 26, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Hope....She wants to see you run along the shoreline at the Beach, shirtless and wearing only your Edgar Casey, red polka dotted undies.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#329 Jun 26, 2013
The nicest poster on topix must be the one who plays by the rules of the game.
We can see it again and again, a new thread is a new deal of cards, posters are popping in with what they have in mind, and the game goes on.
The trouble is that we will soon see that religious people are going by one set of rules (the Bible) and those who doesn’t believe are going by a quite different set of rules.
When people are playing with different rules it got to be trouble, and sooner or later it ends up in name calling and insults, it isn’t a peaceful game any more it takes the form of more rough games like fighting and boxing.
Then; what is the name of the game, and how could we make it go by the rules?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#330 Jun 27, 2013
Dragula666 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know him, but we had a big fight a few years ago, down at the local bar, and I knocked out his 4 front teeth, with one swing, too!
He has to wear a partial, now. We haven't spoken since.
How long have you been demon possessed? Do you know?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#332 Jun 27, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
The nicest poster on topix must be the one who plays by the rules of the game.
We can see it again and again, a new thread is a new deal of cards, posters are popping in with what they have in mind, and the game goes on.
The trouble is that we will soon see that religious people are going by one set of rules (the Bible) and those who doesn’t believe are going by a quite different set of rules.
When people are playing with different rules it got to be trouble, and sooner or later it ends up in name calling and insults, it isn’t a peaceful game any more it takes the form of more rough games like fighting and boxing.
Then; what is the name of the game, and how could we make it go by the rules?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#333 Jun 27, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking, it is a good question!
It must come from my tendency always to ask questions about what I can observe and also what I can’t observe.
Things must fit into a totality and science and religion doesn’t go by the same rules, my choice is to believe in what fits together.

#334 Jun 27, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
There is not a gayball chance in hell of same sex marriages exceeded 16 states.
You obviously haven't been paying attention......Arizona is going to get a third chance to vote on this issue again roughly in 2014.......currently the State is 1-1.......they failed to pass a Marriage Amendment in 2006, then passed one in 2008 and now they will vote in 2014.......my guess is that things have changed and a good chance to repeal their ban on the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples.......so a good chance to get Arizona in 2014, Nevada is set to possibly vote on to repeal there ban in 2016, Michigan possibly in 2016, Illinois will be voting on Marriage Equality again in August 2013, New Jersey is looking at a possible veto-override in 2014.......right here there are 5 states......also a legal challenge in New Mexico, Hawaii and Oregon......that's another 3........if we get half of them, that will put us at 17.....all of them will put us at 21......and lower your number to 29.......so, yes......we could very well get more states by 2016:-)

#335 Jun 27, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
you have things backwards, once we have 3/4 state constitutions then WE can FORCE a constitutional convention and with the Republican congresss we will also win there.
Ummm, we don't have a Republican Control Congress......we currently have a Republican controlled House, but not with a 2/3 majority and a Democratic controlled Senate.......with a 2/3 majority.......and my guess is that during the 2014 mid-term elections......the House could change control!!!
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#336 Jun 27, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking, it is a good question!
It must come from my tendency always to ask questions about what I can observe and also what I can’t observe.
Things must fit into a totality and science and religion doesn’t go by the same rules, my choice is to believe in what fits together.
How long have you been this stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wrestle Against Spiritual Evil from a Position ... 9 hr AlertChristians 1
A Monologue of Destruction to the Sex Demons In... Mon AlertChristians 1
Demons Supernaturally Interact with the Physica... Mon AlertChristians 1
I Knew Six Men Who Were Cannibals - Relatives &... Sun AlertChristians 1
A Relative, Conservation Officer was One of the... Sun AlertChristians 1
Consciousness to be awake Sun ROG 15
For what does it profit a man to gain the whole... Sun AlertChristians 1
More from around the web