some random guy

Kansas City, MO

#96 May 28, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Romans 10:18
But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
Then why is there no evidence of Christianity in ancient north American cultures?

Because Christianity has only been around for 2000 years or so and homo sapiens have been around for at least 200,000 years.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#97 May 28, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
WHICH ONES DO YOU MEAN? The ones that died out well before he was born?
You know nothing of anthropology, do you?
some random guy

Kansas City, MO

#98 May 28, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
WHICH ONES DO YOU MEAN? The ones that died out well before he was born?
Any of them that existed before European explorers came to the Americas and spread Christianity.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#99 May 28, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I cannot do the same as a hypocritical low life PRETEND "Christian".
Look, you Christians just don't like it when I point out the falseness of your mythology and that most of you are just fakes, arrogant fakes at that. So get over it already.
i'm not worried about the word of GOD
what i don't like is you adding false statements in my name
i would call that,
UNETHICAL
i made a statement, and you added to that, pretending it was me
i forgive, but i won't FORGET
i wonder, how many have you done that to,
you call christians hypocrites,
how does a hypocrite,
APPLY TO YOU
for what you did !
who lied
who was being dishonest
YOU !!!!!
some random guy

Kansas City, MO

#100 May 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of anthropology, do you?
Sadly most Christians don't, or they just ignore the evidence because it contradicts their religion.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#101 May 28, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
And to those reading these posts, this poster thinks he's a Christian. Now is that >>>FUNNY<<< or what?
No real Christian would post such hateful low life infantile crap.
Nothing 'hateful' about it seen? or is it seen (as in not at all awesome)? or is it a galaxy far far away? or just, i saw god?

Actually, I laugh at everyone of your posts at just how braindead you must be...

Ooooh, my bad, you died already...well, that does explain everything...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#102 May 28, 2013
Sorry, Nuggin, you are right....I should have phrased that differently. I didn't mean to disrespect anyone. As for the Pledge of Allegiance, I was born in 1968 and i only know the version we had in school while it was allowed. So,you cannot tell me that I DON'T have an adult understanding or not of anything. I was only making a comment as to saying it in school and never thought anything of it back then. I didn't have an adult understanding then because I wasn't an adult.....But, I am sorry to offend anyone with my statement about getting to heaven, it was not my intent. Thanks
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be implying that you have an adult understanding of the topic, your religion and the state of freedom in this country.
Let's review.
First of all, the Pledge did not have "Under God" in it originally. That was added during the red scare to "show them commies that God's on our side". Adding it was a _CLEAR_ violation of the Constitution but when there is a majority that wants something, the rights of citizens are thrown out the window.
Imagine your position if it was "One Nation Under Vishnu". You would be losing your sh1t.
Second, if you want me to believe that you have a grasp of what it means to respect another person's religion, you might want to rephrase your passive aggressive bullsh1t so that it's not a slap in the face of people who aren't like you.
Instead of:
"No man is going to get u to heaven....only thru Christ Jesus, as it states in the bible."
How about:
"My personal quest for enlightenment and salvation runs through Jesus".
What YOU are saying is:
"Everyone is free to do what they want, but Jesus is going to kung fu punch you after he dies because I'm right and you are all wrong!'Merica!"
That's not respect. That's arrogance.
Lastly, you are a Christian because you were raised by Christians. Had your parents been Hindus, you would be Hindu.
Which vagina spat you out is not a determining factor for philosophical certainty.

Location hidden

#103 May 28, 2013
HMMMM....This doesn't even require a response but I will anyway.....You are the demon possessed person on this forum....the FALSE PROPHET you are! Everyone can see right through your antics. You are not hiding the real you!
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know God or Jesus.
You are just another retarded demon possessed idiot.

Location hidden

#104 May 28, 2013
YOU need to prove it for all of heaven to see???? I think NOT! I think God does great without your talk about people! FALSE PROPHET!!! You are out to dstroy and kill.....SATAN!!!
And it shall be my great pleasure to prove it so for all of heaven to see.
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#105 May 28, 2013
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is there no evidence of Christianity in ancient north American cultures?
Because Christianity has only been around for 2000 years or so and homo sapiens have been around for at least 200,000 years.
The 'seed' promised to Adam and Eve was promised nearly four thousand years before Christ arrived...

But Jesus couldn't just pop up and say he was the 'promised one'

He had to fulfill certain criteria...which gave legal proof he was from God

First the 'seed' was promised to Adam and Eve

.Satan was told ...Genesis 3:15
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Next God promised the "seed" to come from Abraham.

Next the blessing of Abraham was passed on from Isaac to Jacob and his seed according to Genesis 28:1-4 and Numbers 24:9.

Next the prophesy of the coming one come from the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:8-12, Numbers 24:9, 14-19). He says a Star would come out of Jacob and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel (specifically the tribe of Judah) that would destroy the enemies of Jehovah and Israel and have dominion in the earth.

Then the town was chosen from which the 'seed' would come

Micah 5:2
"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Then the promised seed was to come through David according to
1 Chronicles 17:11-15.

The Jews were particular in recording their forefathers..for that very reason...they knew the line of the 'seed' was coming through..

Isaiah 9:6-7
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of Armies will perform this."

Were other 'cultures' and countries aware of this...yes ..you just have to look at the Arch of Titus in Rome, which shows the treasures taken from the Temple...as Rome destroyed Jerusalem after Christ......

The Jewish nation was always a testament to the coming promise of Jehovah God..The 'seed' that will crush Satan on the head.
some random guy

Kansas City, MO

#106 May 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'seed' promised to Adam and Eve was promised nearly four thousand years before Christ arrived...
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."
Next the blessing of Abraham was passed on from Isaac to Jacob and his seed according to Genesis 28:1-4 and Numbers 24:9.
Next the prophesy of the coming one come from the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:8-12, Numbers 24:9, 14-19). He says a Star would come out of Jacob and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel (specifically the tribe of Judah) that would destroy the enemies of Jehovah and Israel and have dominion in the earth.
"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."
The Jews were particular in recording their forefathers..for that very reason...they knew the line of the 'seed' was coming through..
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of Armies will perform this."
Were other 'cultures' and countries aware of this...yes ..you just have to look at the Arch of Titus in Rome, which shows the treasures taken from the Temple...as Rome destroyed Jerusalem after Christ......
The Jewish nation was always a testament to the coming promise of Jehovah God..The 'seed' that will crush Satan on the head.
Again, Adam and Eve were a myth, no evidence to support that myth, try again.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#107 May 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The Adam and Eve story is clearly mythical, and incredibly problematic. Here's why:

Cain, after killing his brother, goes to a different town that is already populated. Where did those people come from?

If they were Adam and Eve's children, then Cain married and fornicated with one of his sisters, thus debasing the institution of marriage and condoning incest.

If they were NOT Adam and Eve's children, then God made them separately, which means that, since they weren't Eve's offspring, they were free of sin.

If, however, God cursed his new creation as well because Eve transgressed then God is a royal jerk.

As for Jesus giving "legal proof" that he was from God, why does your God been to prove himself to the humans he allegedly created?

Your arguments are silly and unsubstantiated.

You might as well just admit that the Bible is a book of myths. It collapses under even the lightest amount of scrutiny.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#108 May 29, 2013
The original Jewish concept of a “promised one”(messiah) had nothing to do with Adam and Eve.

“Modern scholars… note that the messianic concept is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the Torah (the first five books of the Bible).”– Judaism 101

“The term ‘mashiach’ literally means ‘the anointed one,’ and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.…The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5).

…The word ‘mashiach’ does not mean ‘savior.’ The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought.”– Judaism 101

The first Jewish Christians had to change the messiah concept when Jesus was crucified by the Romans. They also had to broaden the scope of the messiah concept to incorporate Gentiles even though the original Jewish concept of a messiah included only Jews. The Jews rejected that change and gentiles, not knowing the original Jewish concept, accepted it.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#109 May 31, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
OUR GOD DOESN'T WANT TO TORTURE PEOPLE!
If your God didn't want to torture 2/3 of humanity the HELL HE CREATED, then there would BE no hell and no eternal torture in its flames.

Torture us a deliberate act, not ever done accidentally.

Clearly your "loving God" intended it this way.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#110 Jun 1, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
OUR GOD DOESN'T WANT TO TORTURE PEOPLE!
Our God said the Jews:
EZEKIEL 33:11;
11 Say to them,‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’
If your evil fake "god" didn't want to torture people, then he would not torture people.

But since he WANTS to torture souls, he does.

It's that simple.

Location hidden

#112 Jun 1, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing 'hateful' about it seen? or is it seen (as in not at all awesome)? or is it a galaxy far far away? or just, i saw god?
Actually, I laugh at everyone of your posts at just how braindead you must be...
Ooooh, my bad, you died already...well, that does explain everything...
And to those reading these posts, this poster thinks he's a Christian. Now is that >>>FUNNY<<< or what?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#113 Jun 1, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, whats >>>FUNNY<<< is how you do >>>THIS<<<

LMAO!!!

Location hidden

#114 Jun 1, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get a laugh out of this lineage thing. As God allegedly impregnated Mary, so any "lineage" is meaningless.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#115 Jun 2, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get a laugh out of this lineage thing. As God allegedly impregnated Mary, so any "lineage" is meaningless.
i wonder, if you know what lineage your from,
we're from adam and eve
is yours from the chimpanzee i said i was going to be nice ??????
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#117 Jun 2, 2013
<quoted text>
1 Peter, Chapter 3, 15: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
WILL YOU CONFESS JESUS TO US?
POST THESE WORDS TO US.
"Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, is my redeemer."
MAKE THIS CONFESSION TO US.
you are not GOD or JESUS
and never will be
you are a flawed individual
and i tell you this
with meekness, and sincerity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 10 min purplelady1040 4,522
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 25 min Big Al 497
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Loveismygoal 1,018
Music for the mood I am in (Oct '13) 3 hr Sceptical_Mal 87
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 hr Cookie_Parker 19,710
Is Melissa Scott Illuminati? (Mar '12) 4 hr Lord Satan 26
Before The Big Bang 8 hr Khatru 1,242
More from around the web