a question for christians

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#45 May 25, 2013
Hey random...
The bible does say that before Christ comes back every soul on earth will have heard of Him. I use to wonder the same thing when I was young. I believe it is in Revelation. So, that will not be an excuse we would be able to use
some random guy wrote:
I've always wondered, if someone never heard of Christianity or Jesus, do they automatically go to Hell?

Location hidden

#46 May 25, 2013
If u really think about it, God does not send us to hell. We do that to ourselves through sin and by purposefully not acknowledging Him & accepting Him as our Lord & savior. Now, no one is without sin....we are human, but we are to ask forgiveness and strive to not mindfully keep sinning.
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like an evil deity to me.
some random guy

Springfield, MO

#47 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
Hey random...
The bible does say that before Christ comes back every soul on earth will have heard of Him. I use to wonder the same thing when I was young. I believe it is in Revelation. So, that will not be an excuse we would be able to use
<quoted text>
What about ancient cultures in north America?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#48 May 25, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop thinking that the evil, wrathful, jealous, vindictive, insane, Christian "god" is the real God. It isn't. It is a man made lie against God.
The real God judges each soul upon the "death" of the physical body. The judgment process is entirely for the benefit of the soul. To make them see their strengths, weaknesses, failings, spiritual progression/regression, etc. To make them see that which they hide from themselves, and showing each soul how in accord, or not, they are with his laws. The judgment process is entirely for the benefit of the soul, as God already knows everything the soul has done.
And the real God is >>>NOT<<< like the evil wrathful Christian MISrepresentation of God. He has NEVER even remotely implied that I must worship or even believe anything he imparts to me. Nor has he ever shown the slightest bit of all the lower emotions of the fake Christian "god". So there is no such a punishment as this mythical fear mongering Hell. That is just a useful invention for the Christian FEAR mongering brainwashing system.
LSD is one hell of a drug!

LMAO!!!
some random guy

Springfield, MO

#49 May 25, 2013
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

~Epicurus

Location hidden

#50 May 25, 2013
@ random...I guess I was only considering your question of not hearing about God in only one fashion...the day of judgement. Sorry about that. In John ch 3 we ate told that unless one is born again of the spirit, he/she will not inherit the kingdom of God. Read the book of John in its entirety, it really does explain a lot! Not everything is as black & white as what we would like it to be. Pray for scriptural understanding when u do read. Ask God to reveal Himself to u thru His word. He will do that!
some random guy

Springfield, MO

#51 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
@ random...I guess I was only considering your question of not hearing about God in only one fashion...the day of judgement. Sorry about that. In John ch 3 we ate told that unless one is born again of the spirit, he/she will not inherit the kingdom of God. Read the book of John in its entirety, it really does explain a lot! Not everything is as black & white as what we would like it to be. Pray for scriptural understanding when u do read. Ask God to reveal Himself to u thru His word. He will do that!
I have read the Bible before, I was raised in a Christian home, but around the age of thirteen I started to question it. I researched, studied, and did alot of thinking and it just comes up as illogical and a tool to control the masses to me.
some random guy

Springfield, MO

#52 May 25, 2013
I am not trying to troll or anything, I am just expressing my opinions. I respect the fact that everyone can have a religion, but I don't have to respect the religion. I also firmly believe in separation of church and state, religion has NO Place in public schools and government.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#53 May 25, 2013
The problem is that religious fundamentalists aren't happy with just having their own religion, they need to force their religion down the throats of anyone who disagrees with them.

And the #1 way they do that? Threats of violence.

Here's a tip for Christians:

If people don't believe in your god, threatening them that said god is going to hurt them for not believing is not going to work.

Location hidden

#54 May 25, 2013
And that is your opinion for which u have a right to. It took me into my adult years to understand the bible for what it really is....for me, its Gods complete truth. I use to say the pledge of allegiance in grade school & never thought anything of it, but now everyone has to be so careful as to not insult another religion or no religious belief. I do not agree with organized religion ad I see it as more man made laws & restrictions that we should follow and I believe following Gods word is the way to go. No man is going to get u to heaven....only thru Christ Jesus, as it states in the bible. What I have is a relationship with Jesus and when I finally figured that out & became a born again Christian it made a lot more sense to me. That is how I feel and I don't shove my beliefs down others' throats. I don't back down from them either, tho.
some random guy wrote:
I am not trying to troll or anything, I am just expressing my opinions. I respect the fact that everyone can have a religion, but I don't have to respect the religion. I also firmly believe in separation of church and state, religion has NO Place in public schools and government.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#55 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
And that is your opinion for which u have a right to. It took me into my adult years to understand the bible for what it really is....for me, its Gods complete truth. I use to say the pledge of allegiance in grade school & never thought anything of it, but now everyone has to be so careful as to not insult another religion or no religious belief. I do not agree with organized religion ad I see it as more man made laws & restrictions that we should follow and I believe following Gods word is the way to go. No man is going to get u to heaven....only thru Christ Jesus, as it states in the bible. What I have is a relationship with Jesus and when I finally figured that out & became a born again Christian it made a lot more sense to me. That is how I feel and I don't shove my beliefs down others' throats. I don't back down from them either, tho.
<quoted text>
You seem to be implying that you have an adult understanding of the topic, your religion and the state of freedom in this country.

Let's review.

First of all, the Pledge did not have "Under God" in it originally. That was added during the red scare to "show them commies that God's on our side". Adding it was a _CLEAR_ violation of the Constitution but when there is a majority that wants something, the rights of citizens are thrown out the window.

Imagine your position if it was "One Nation Under Vishnu". You would be losing your sh1t.

Second, if you want me to believe that you have a grasp of what it means to respect another person's religion, you might want to rephrase your passive aggressive bullsh1t so that it's not a slap in the face of people who aren't like you.

Instead of:
"No man is going to get u to heaven....only thru Christ Jesus, as it states in the bible."

How about:
"My personal quest for enlightenment and salvation runs through Jesus".

What YOU are saying is:
"Everyone is free to do what they want, but Jesus is going to kung fu punch you after he dies because I'm right and you are all wrong!'Merica!"

That's not respect. That's arrogance.

Lastly, you are a Christian because you were raised by Christians. Had your parents been Hindus, you would be Hindu.

Which vagina spat you out is not a determining factor for philosophical certainty.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#56 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know God or Jesus.

You are just another retarded demon possessed idiot.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#57 May 25, 2013
And it shall be my great pleasure to prove it so for all of heaven to see.
some random guy

Springfield, MO

#58 May 25, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know God or Jesus.
You are just another retarded demon possessed idiot.
And you are a delusional psycho who belongs in a mental institution. I read an article about your screen name, it said you were the leader of some psycho cult on the east coast. Or you are some pathetic troll who fails miserably at trolling.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#59 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a delusional psycho who belongs in a mental institution. I read an article about your screen name, it said you were the leader of some psycho cult on the east coast. Or you are some pathetic troll who fails miserably at trolling.
lol

My God I beseech you to make all my adversaries and enemies as wise and righteous as this retarded moron.

amen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#60 May 25, 2013
Religious people are so concerned about afterlife, hell or heaven and how some will go here or they will go there.
The answer is simple!
What is there to remember before we were born, could anyone recall anything from that?
Some will say yes, but is it real or just fake and fantasy?
What came before we were born is what comes after we are gone; and that is nothing!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#61 May 25, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU MEAN THE CHRISTIAN GOD WHO SAID THIS AT THE END OF THE OLD TESTAMENT?:
EZEKIEL 33:10
'10 “Son of man, say to the Israelites,‘This is what you are saying:“Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of[b] them. How then can we live?”’ 11 Say to them, "AS SURELY AS I LIVE, declares the Sovereign Lord, I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF THE WICKED, BUT WOULD RATHER THAT THEY TUFROM THEIR WAYS AND LIVE. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel"’
GOD ARGUED WITH THE CRUEL JEWS, CALLING THEIR WAYS "UNJUST" BEFORE HE DELIVERED HIS NEW COVENANT WITH JESUS!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS THE REAL GOD!!!!!!!!
Typical pick and choose, to take whatever verse you want out of context.

But your fake "god" clearly stated that he did not come to abolish the OT "god's" laws, but to fulfill them!

But your brainwashing won't allow you to see that your "god" is just as evil as ever.

Location hidden

#62 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am a non believer, I only ask these questions from a hypothetical standpoint.
I never stated you were a Christian.

Location hidden

#63 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
If u really think about it, God does not send us to hell. We do that to ourselves through sin and by purposefully not acknowledging Him & accepting Him as our Lord & savior. Now, no one is without sin....we are human, but we are to ask forgiveness and strive to not mindfully keep sinning.
<quoted text>
But that is the lie you've been brainwashed with.

That it's not your evil "god's" fault he wants to torture people thru out all eternity, it's the person's "fault".

But the truth is, it IS your mythical "god" who does it.

Location hidden

#64 May 25, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
So what does your "god" reveal to you about what your soul really is?

And what understanding has he given you about his judgment process?

And what knowledge does he impart to you about his true spiritual nature?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A look at your future in our Godless legal system 1 hr Hardcore 88
Evidence Against God 1 hr Jesus Is 702
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security 2 hr Osmius 3,125
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 2 hr Katie 260
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? 3 hr sciencewillwin 211
Nutter alert - headteacher claims Evolution is ... 4 hr sciencewillwin 78
Justification By Faith! 4 hr sciencewillwin 93
More from around the web