a question for christians

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
some random guy

United States

#1 May 24, 2013
I've always wondered, if someone never heard of Christianity or Jesus, do they automatically go to Hell?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 May 24, 2013
Jewsuck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
Such an evil mythology you're brainwashed with.
some random guy

United States

#4 May 24, 2013
Jewsuck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
Sounds like an evil deity to me.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 May 24, 2013
No!
some random guy

United States

#6 May 24, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
No!
So if someone never heard of Christianity they automatically go to heaven?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 May 24, 2013
some random guy wrote:
I've always wondered, if someone never heard of Christianity or Jesus, do they automatically go to Hell?
That is an excellent question. Be assured that God will be fair. He is the perfect Judge.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#8 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#9 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the state of their soul at death, doesn't it, dear?
Anonymous

Westerville, OH

#10 May 25, 2013
This is one of the more difficult questions to answer when trying to explain aspects of christianity. The short answer is, yes. The long answer however, is a bit more complicated than that. In scripture, God has said that there is no one that can contest his existence mainly because if three things; Christ, Conscience, and Creation.
The punishment of Hell is not for never hearing about God, rather it is for the actions that are taken by that person that place them into sin.
This however, bring up the question of people who are unable to understand; such as those with mental retardations, infants, or others. The answer for those is, God is a just being, and as such would not judge someone for their inability to comprehend these things.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#11 May 25, 2013
Romans 2:
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#12 May 25, 2013
Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#13 May 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
This is one of the more difficult questions to answer when trying to explain aspects of christianity. The short answer is, yes. The long answer however, is a bit more complicated than that. In scripture, God has said that there is no one that can contest his existence mainly because if three things; Christ, Conscience, and Creation.
The punishment of Hell is not for never hearing about God, rather it is for the actions that are taken by that person that place them into sin.
This however, bring up the question of people who are unable to understand; such as those with mental retardations, infants, or others. The answer for those is, God is a just being, and as such would not judge someone for their inability to comprehend these things.
Then, the short answer is not 'yes', is it?

Only God can see and judge the soul.
There are many sins which are condemnable; there are many sins which are not.
some random guy

United States

#14 May 25, 2013
So God would just base his decision on the way you lived your life then, regardless if you worshipped him or not?

But then the question arises, if God is all knowing, he already knows before you are born if you are going to Hell or not, if he still creates you knowing you are going to hell, does that make God good or bad?
Anonymous

Westerville, OH

#15 May 25, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Then, the short answer is not 'yes', is it?
Only God can see and judge the soul.
There are many sins which are condemnable; there are many sins which are not.
The inability to understand and the rejection of what we can see are two different things if that is why you are saying that the short answer is not yes.
"...[F]or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."- Romans 3:23
Everyone has sinned, therefor fall short of perfection, which is Gods standard.

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."- James 2:10
The Law was created to point out human sin, and the separation between them and God. Breaking one aspect of the law is as bad as breaking the entire set of Laws, so all sin is equal, and equally punishable.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23

Not knowing about God or Jesus or the Bible is not the reason people are sent to hell, they are sent for the actions that they take in the world. It is the rejection of his son and the rejection of him, as your last passage illustrates.

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."- John 14:6
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#16 May 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
There is ONLY one answer.

No one knows the actual answer. Cause no one knows the actual answers to; "IS there a God, and if so which God, and What are his/she/its rules?"

All the long answers are wind blowing thru the chimes...might be nice, but they make no musical sense....

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#17 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
So God would just base his decision on the way you lived your life then, regardless if you worshipped him or not?
But then the question arises, if God is all knowing, he already knows before you are born if you are going to Hell or not, if he still creates you knowing you are going to hell, does that make God good or bad?
I think you are looking at God from a human point of view.

Aren't you forgetting that God gave these souls Free Will?

Life itself is a gift from God.
Along with this gift of life comes Free Will.
Those are rather huge gifts, IMO.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#18 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
Correct, IF youre relying only on Xtian doctrines and beliefs.

You've stumbled upon the Proty Doctrine of Election. Where the Xtian God has already chosen who will accept his message and who will not...basically who will be saved and who will not.

According to Xtian Doctrine of all sects their God can not be bad...which is really only a concept grounded in Apologetics, and namely that of Theodicy. Which is merely an excuse of how this God could have created both and bad if he's only good...if he's only "made of Good", and can only create good, then where did all the cr/p come from?

The typical answer to which is when Humans sinned. Which means of course that this God can be trumped by his own creations. Which means he's not perfect, nor omnipotent, or even very omniscient.

If there's one thing for certain, Xtianity like all Religions is ideologically similar to a dog chasing its own tail...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#19 May 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The inability to understand and the rejection of what we can see are two different things if that is why you are saying that the short answer is not yes.
"...[F]or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."- Romans 3:23
Everyone has sinned, therefor fall short of perfection, which is Gods standard.

1. "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."- James 2:10

The Law was created to point out human sin, and the separation between them and God. Breaking one aspect of the law is as bad as breaking the entire set of Laws, so all sin is equal, and equally punishable.

2. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23

Not knowing about God or Jesus or the Bible is not the reason people are sent to hell, they are sent for the actions that they take in the world. It is the rejection of his son and the rejection of him, as your last passage illustrates.

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."- John 14:6
1. Well this is an impossibility from the get-go. Who can follow every law all the time? Most especially when you factor in that some of the laws are contradictory to human instinct (stoning loved ones, killing loved ones, etc) and that the Believers and so called "experts" cant agree which laws are still in effect, and not...?

Can we eat bacon or not ?!?! Can I eat bacon wrapped shrimp!!?! Cause I have a few pounds of each in readiness for some Mem-Day grill'n...!

2. The wages of life is death. Nothing but life earns us death.
Anonymous

Westerville, OH

#20 May 25, 2013
some random guy wrote:
Another very good question. To answer the first part, No. Jesus says that he is the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through him.(John 14:6)
"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9
Christians believe that to be "saved" you must confess that you can not make it through Gods judgement on your own power, you need the forgiveness of your sins only given by Jesus. If that is rejected, the yes the judgement would be solely on the actions on took on this earth.
As to your second question, morality is a bit harder to determine black and white in. I guess the best way to discuss this would be in a context that is a bit easier to comprehend. There are in the world today early warning tests that parents can have done to determine things about the child that they will have. Suppose that there were a pair of parents that knew for a fact that the child would be born with cystic fibrosis, a disease that will lead to a poor quality of life for the child with an early death. The parents have the option to abort the child rather than give birth and bring them into the world knowing what that child will face. Say the parents choose to have the child born, would it be because they are inherently evil and want the child to suffer? With human beings, perhaps yes. However, the more likely reason is that even with the child's flaws and pain and difficulties they still love them, and still want to be able to know the child for the time that they can. I guess thats how I see God decision to bring people into the world knowing what will happen to them in the end.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#21 May 25, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are looking at God from a human point of view.
Aren't you forgetting that God gave these souls Free Will?
Life itself is a gift from God.
Along with this gift of life comes Free Will.
Those are rather huge gifts, IMO.
Free-will? That old gag?

You still sticking that with old line? Cause its still pretty shaky ground...when we consider all the places where free-will is not applicable. Especially when the Xtian concept of free-will boils down to having a gun to ones head while deep in a decision making process.

What other POV is there for humans to look at this or any God/s? If we're made in his image, there must be some means for us to do actual reverse viewing - especially when its clear that this God acts exactly like humans in all his encounters with us, except of course for the magic parts. He's vindictive, gets angry, and acts out in some rather heinous ways towards those who truly do love him.(Job comes immediately to mind)

God gave the soul free-will? But then put them in a body that demands attention to its needs - which is often sinful, according to various tenets. Meaning this God set the game against Humans, on purpose, and cares not that the game is rigged, as fairness is not ever the objective.(Kinds sounds like various forms of government and its agencies...like the IRS, Homeland Security, etc...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 20 min Gary Coaldigger 1,634
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 29 min Catholic24 84,283
Noah’s ark and the rainbow. 42 min little lamb 163
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,426
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 1 hr QUITTNER Jul 29 2015 427
*Forgiveness* 2 hr Allen Richards 204
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 2 hr Barnsweb 2,748
More from around the web