First Prev
of 2
Next Last

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2013
I'm doing my best in life to not abuse people or planet Earth. I like to share my good fortunes and the fruits of my labor. Why should I burn in the lake of fire for not believing the bible is the Word of God?
God did not finish talking after the bible was written. Why would any good, honest, caring person be subject to eternal damnation?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 26, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
I'm doing my best in life to not abuse people or planet Earth. I like to share my good fortunes and the fruits of my labor. Why should I burn in the lake of fire for not believing the bible is the Word of God?
God did not finish talking after the bible was written. Why would any good, honest, caring person be subject to eternal damnation?
If there WAS an Eternal Lake of Fire (there isn't), and God DID burn people in it (He doesn't), it wouldn't be for NOT believing the Bible was His Word,...it would be for believing it WAS!

TheWiseMan

San Antonio, TX

#3 Feb 26, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
If there WAS an Eternal Lake of Fire (there isn't), and God DID burn people in it (He doesn't), it wouldn't be for NOT believing the Bible was His Word,...it would be for believing it WAS!
How would you know any of these things one way or the other?

Tell us.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 27, 2013
TheWiseMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know any of these things one way or the other?
Tell us.
Being willing to know.
TheWiseMan

San Antonio, TX

#5 Feb 27, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being willing to know.
lol

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
Why should I burn in the lake of fire for not believing the bible is the Word of God?
You're looking for excuses. There are none. Your post proves that you know and have been warned by God. Are you looking for unbelievers to comfort you?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#7 Mar 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
You are a sinner, so am I, so is everyone. We all deserve to burn in Hell for our sins. But God made a way for us all that we can be cleansed from our sin and be accounted righteous before a Holy God. That way is ONLY through the sinless BLOOD sacrifice of Christ Jesus!(Hebrews 9:11-12, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 9:22)

It's a gift that none of us can earn, otherwise we'd be able to boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
----------
How to go to Heaven according to the Word of god:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_save...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#8 Mar 3, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being willing to know.
You mean speculate...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
the Word of god:
"God" should obviously be capitalized. I love you Jesus!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#14 Mar 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
It's my understanding that we are all headed to hell, John. You are not singled out because of one thing or another - we are all in the same disastrous boat. It is because of our sin nature, not just our individual sins....our propensity to sin in each of us. We are doomed as a race, and have lost the spirit of God that He breathed in us when He originally made us. The belief that we are really "ok" anyway is an illusion and a veil over our eyes to make us feel better about ourselves and keep us blinded to the true depth of the need of the human race.

But it's also my understanding that because God loves us, He would not let us stay doomed, but did what was needed to be done (die for us) so we could be "re-breathed" and filled with the Holy Spirit to live again, if we will choose this for ourselves.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#16 Mar 3, 2013
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my understanding that we are all headed to hell, John. You are not singled out because of one thing or another - we are all in the same disastrous boat. It is because of our sin nature, not just our individual sins....our propensity to sin in each of us. We are doomed as a race, and have lost the spirit of God that He breathed in us when He originally made us. The belief that we are really "ok" anyway is an illusion and a veil over our eyes to make us feel better about ourselves and keep us blinded to the true depth of the need of the human race.
But it's also my understanding that because God loves us, He would not let us stay doomed, but did what was needed to be done (die for us) so we could be "re-breathed" and filled with the Holy Spirit to live again, if we will choose this for ourselves.
High Stedfast. It's delightful to hear from you.

Your analysis seems a little too pessimistic for me. One of my favorite verses is Genesis 4:7.

Sin is crouching at your door and you are its prey but you can rise above it.

I don't know who's doomed and who's not but we can take precautions against it being us and hopefully those close to us.

You're on the short list. I pray for you every day. I'll try to remember to ask the Lord to show you the bright side of things.

God bless you.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Mar 3, 2013
That's the fallacy of Christianity, they believe non Christians go to hell forever. I would separate the new testament from the Hebrew bible, the latter is the word of God the former is not. Right now it doesn't matter what religion you are. Only the wicked go to hell and it's never forever there is also no fire in hell, you don't burn you rot. When the Messiah comes you will see the word of God fulfilled and you will know there is a God.
FSM

Bittern, Australia

#18 Mar 3, 2013
I have my own thoughts on this. When we die, we all end up in the same place. Your beliefs and behaviour in this life wont matter one bit. When the pearly gates (or the gates of hell) are opened for us, we'll all find ourselves in an eternal 24/7 church service with lots of Hillsong music, prayer, speaking in tongues, one of those looooooooong sermons to split things up, and grape juice for communion. For believers, it's heaven. For me, it's hell. No sex, no drugs, no rock music.

Is it just me, or does a lake of burning sulfur and teeth gnashing suddenly seem appealing?
FSM

Bittern, Australia

#21 Mar 3, 2013
Seriously is Evil wrote:
It's just you. If you can imagine a place being worse than hell, then that place is hell.
Spending eternity with you seems quite painful. Can I choose the other destination?

Location hidden

#22 Mar 3, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
High Stedfast. It's delightful to hear from you.
Your analysis seems a little too pessimistic for me. One of my favorite verses is Genesis 4:7.
Sin is crouching at your door and you are its prey but you can rise above it.
I don't know who's doomed and who's not but we can take precautions against it being us and hopefully those close to us.
You're on the short list. I pray for you every day. I'll try to remember to ask the Lord to show you the bright side of things.
God bless you.
Hi 15th - good to hear from you too! I like the idea of "rising above" too, but have learned that the power to do it comes from God, best experienced in a relationship with Him - definitely the "bright side" I think!

So grateful for each and every prayer - praying for you also in your journey.

God bless you too!
FSM

Bittern, Australia

#23 Mar 3, 2013
Howdy Stedfast and DL. Nice to see you two again. I'm trying to stay way, really, but I can't help myself. There's just too much entertainment here. You need to send a few prayers for self control my way. :)

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#24 Mar 3, 2013
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi 15th - good to hear from you too! I like the idea of "rising above" too, but have learned that the power to do it comes from God, best experienced in a relationship with Him - definitely the "bright side" I think!
So grateful for each and every prayer - praying for you also in your journey.
God bless you too!
Thank you.

Location hidden

#25 Mar 3, 2013
FSM wrote:
Howdy Stedfast and DL. Nice to see you two again. I'm trying to stay way, really, but I can't help myself. There's just too much entertainment here. You need to send a few prayers for self control my way.:)
Hello FSM: Good to see you too. Happy to pray for you...but yes you can.:)
FSM

Bittern, Australia

#26 Mar 3, 2013
Stedfast wrote:
Hello FSM: Good to see you too. Happy to pray for you...but yes you can.:)
It's not so much the prayers I believe in, but I think it's helpful when we have people who believe in us along the way. I'm not sure whose toes you stepped on to get negative icons, but I appreciate the kind thoughts regardless. I'll give it another shot and see how well I do with the help of your prayers and thoughts. You're a kind soul.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#27 Mar 3, 2013
FSM wrote:
I have my own thoughts on this. When we die, we all end up in the same place. Your beliefs and behaviour in this life wont matter one bit. When the pearly gates (or the gates of hell) are opened for us, we'll all find ourselves in an eternal 24/7 church service with lots of Hillsong music, prayer, speaking in tongues, one of those looooooooong sermons to split things up, and grape juice for communion. For believers, it's heaven. For me, it's hell. No sex, no drugs, no rock music.
Is it just me, or does a lake of burning sulfur and teeth gnashing suddenly seem appealing?
Since I understand on here we choose our destiny, I choose the sex, drugs, and rock and roll over that lake of fire thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 21 min Jesus is 277
ASK THE LORD of THE SPIRIT REALM 54 min Demon Finder 52
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 1 hr Blodewedd 425
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Demon Finder 18,667
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 2 hr Demon Finder 190
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr Demon Finder 5,766
The mark of the beast 2 hr Demon Finder 25
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 5 hr Atheistgirl 1,922
More from around the web