Angry God: Evangelicals Losing Influe...

Angry God: Evangelicals Losing Influence on American Politics

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 23, 2012
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/23/1102...

The difficulty I have with evangelicals is not their religion or even their opposition to many of the things they care about, such as abortion or even gay marriage. The problem I have with evangelicals or Christian conservatives in other words, is their demand that America’s laws reflect their own religious beliefs.

Evangelicals have had an impact on American politics for quite some time but now their power is waning. A Pew Research survey shows that 82 percent of Americans think that evangelicals are losing their influence in America.

I also sense that Evangelicals know they’re losing their grip but I also sense they have no clue of why, except to maybe blame the evil machinations of Democrats and liberals. I believe they’re losing their grip because a divided house will not stand, which is by the way, a biblical teaching.

The divided house I refer to is the Republican Party. Within this party we have the different segments, the same as the Democrats but there is a glaring difference. The Democrats’ different segments – African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, gay people, women and young people – do not contradict each other.

The GOP on the other hand is made up of social conservatives and fiscal conservatives. They have the gun enthusiast and the evangelicals, the Libertarians and the war enthusiast – all solid members of the Republican Party.

Another member of the GOP, which is actually a very small minority within the party, is the super-wealthy. This group of members actually has more say-so than any of the other groups and that’s because they have resources, resources that campaign-fund-hungry politicians need so desperately.

Evangelicals are losing influence because the interests of the super-wealthy are not always the same or in line with evangelicals’ interests.

Still, elected Republicans know that if they’re to win elections, they must at least seem to appease religious conservatives and the gun enthusiast and all the other factions of their party. But in the end, the super-wealthy will have it their way.

Being a Christian, I know there are a lot of sincere people who are evangelicals and they believe in what they stand for. But I must also admonish evangelicals; trying to bring Christ to the nation through political activism is not the way of Jesus.

----------

Born again evangelicals are being kicked out of the republican party as unwanted flies buzzing around...they are not useful anymore..and soon, with all the Arab money given to republicans in this election, will be replaced by Muslim for faith-based monies, as well.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/ 2012/06/23/1102514/-Angry-God- Evangelicals-Losing-Influence- on-American-Politics
The difficulty I have with evangelicals is not their religion or even their opposition to many of the things they care about, such as abortion or even gay marriage. The problem I have with evangelicals or Christian conservatives in other words, is their demand that America’s laws reflect their own religious beliefs.
Evangelicals have had an impact on American politics for quite some time but now their power is waning. A Pew Research survey shows that 82 percent of Americans think that evangelicals are losing their influence in America.
I also sense that Evangelicals know they’re losing their grip but I also sense they have no clue of why, except to maybe blame the evil machinations of Democrats and liberals. I believe they’re losing their grip because a divided house will not stand, which is by the way, a biblical teaching.
The divided house I refer to is the Republican Party. Within this party we have the different segments, the same as the Democrats but there is a glaring difference. The Democrats’ different segments – African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, gay people, women and young people – do not contradict each other.
The GOP on the other hand is made up of social conservatives and fiscal conservatives. They have the gun enthusiast and the evangelicals, the Libertarians and the war enthusiast – all solid members of the Republican Party.
Another member of the GOP, which is actually a very small minority within the party, is the super-wealthy. This group of members actually has more say-so than any of the other groups and that’s because they have resources, resources that campaign-fund-hungry politicians need so desperately.
Evangelicals are losing influence because the interests of the super-wealthy are not always the same or in line with evangelicals’ interests.
Still, elected Republicans know that if they’re to win elections, they must at least seem to appease religious conservatives and the gun enthusiast and all the other factions of their party. But in the end, the super-wealthy will have it their way.
Being a Christian, I know there are a lot of sincere people who are evangelicals and they believe in what they stand for. But I must also admonish evangelicals; trying to bring Christ to the nation through political activism is not the way of Jesus.
----------
Born again evangelicals are being kicked out of the republican party as unwanted flies buzzing around...they are not useful anymore..and soon, with all the Arab money given to republicans in this election, will be replaced by Muslim for faith-based monies, as well.
Well stated! The GOP ignores and disrespects the separation of state and church and disrespects all Americans who are not Christian. Favoring one religion over all others is discrimination

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#3 Sep 23, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well stated! The GOP ignores and disrespects the separation of state and church and disrespects all Americans who are not Christian. Favoring one religion over all others is discrimination
You forgot to use "racists" and "bigots"...

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4 Sep 23, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a part of that group aren't you? Being a GOP'er, you should know the demographics of you all well!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 23, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS!!!Your TRUE colors are showing.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS!!!Your TRUE colors are showing.
Seriously? I just recognize the "bandwagon" when I see one...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>You're a part of that group aren't you? Being a GOP'er, you should know the demographics of you all well!
And what "group" would that be? One of the 53%?
Tickedoffchick

Enfield, CT

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>You're a part of that group aren't you? Being a GOP'er, you should know the demographics of you all well!
Minor correction, Troth. It's "ya'll" and the plural is "all ya'll".

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Tickedoffchick wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor correction, Troth. It's "ya'll" and the plural is "all ya'll".
Is that like my German Mother living in OK?(pron-YaVole) JaVoll Ya'll

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#11 Sep 24, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
And what "group" would that be? One of the 53%?
Ya'll are NDANGERWILLROBINSON of losing it all.. ya'll have already lost your minds, your conscience and your intelligence (not that ya'll had any to begin with)
Tickedoffchick

Enfield, CT

#12 Sep 24, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like my German Mother living in OK?(pron-YaVole) JaVoll Ya'll
LOL! Yeah, kinda' sorta' sounds like that. I just learned a new Cajun word, "sha". It's a term of affection. It means sweet, darling, honey, etc.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#13 Sep 24, 2012
Well don't expect the Evangelicals going out without a fight. They still have a lot of Wealthy supporters...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#14 Sep 24, 2012
Punisher wrote:
Well don't expect the Evangelicals going out without a fight. They still have a lot of Wealthy supporters...
Man, you sure are ignorant...

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 24, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? I just recognize the "bandwagon" when I see one...
No, your god in your head is quite verbal about the hatred you worship...it came out because racism and bigotry are part of your god in your head's beliefs.

Chicago, IL

#16 Sep 24, 2012
Punisher wrote:
Ah, but when the world hates them and ignores them, the wealthy will realize they don't have a cause anymore and go live in Dhu Bhai where the republicans who robbed this nation are living.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#17 Sep 24, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you sure are ignorant...
You do nothing but toss out these one-liners. Care to show me where and how I'm ignorant. Are you saying the Koch Bros are not wealthy?

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#18 Sep 24, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your god in your head is quite verbal about the hatred you worship...it came out because racism and bigotry are part of your god in your head's beliefs.
Well Cluckie, I don't worship hate, it's you that hates Worship...my head's fine, it's yours I'm concerned about...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#19 Sep 24, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>You do nothing but toss out these one-liners. Care to show me where and how I'm ignorant. Are you saying the Koch Bros are not wealthy?
Do you think the "Religionists" run this country or the rich? You make is sound like everyone is in bed with everyone... not true.

Albeit "Anyone" will do "anything" when it comes to Politics...

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 26, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Cluckie, I don't worship hate, it's you that hates Worship...my head's fine, it's yours I'm concerned about...
You call someone a name and then say "I don't worship hate."

ROFLMAO!!!

Classic...just classic.

Chicago, IL

#21 Sep 26, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the "Religionists" run this country or the rich? You make is sound like everyone is in bed with everyone... not true.
Albeit "Anyone" will do "anything" when it comes to Politics...
Care to explain this with solid examples? Or are you winging it from your preacherman?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 3 min 10uhsee 1,033
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 26 min LarryX 5,152
Cosmic Evidence Against God 1 hr blacklagoon 11
Evidence Against God 1 hr Big Al 3,164
Why do you really believe in a god? 2 hr 10uhsee 366
Science and Religion 3 hr Big Al 339
WHY GOD does HATE HOMOSEXUALS and LESBIANS????? (Dec '13) 3 hr Emmeline 355
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 hr RiccardoFire 18,663
More from around the web