The 8 or to some the 9 commandments o...

The 8 or to some the 9 commandments of God

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ellen White

Philippines

#1 Jun 12, 2013
Most Christian sects officially follow only 8 and to some only 9 commandments of the 10 commandments.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#2 Jun 12, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
Most Christian sects officially follow only 8 and to some only 9 commandments of the 10 commandments.
Are you Ron's wife?
Disciple

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2013
Sad but true.
QUITTNER

Markham, Canada

#4 Jun 12, 2013
4:09 pm, June 12, 2013:
RE: The 8 or to some the 9 commandments of God
..... "Most Christian sects officially follow only 8 and to some only 9 commandments of the 10 commandments"
..... And their members do NOT follow Jesus' lifestyle, nor do they ignore all teachings that are not the teachings of Jesus.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
Most Christian sects officially follow only 8 and to some only 9 commandments of the 10 commandments.
You're lost. Christians have the New Covenant.
Ellen White

Philippines

#6 Jun 13, 2013
Ah! So in your sect Christ has totally abolished all the 10 commandments.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
Ah! So in your sect Christ has totally abolished all the 10 commandments.
Since 9 of the 10 are in the NT you're 90% wrong.
Ellen White

Philippines

#8 Jun 13, 2013
Or perhaps your sect displays tablets with only 8 commandments etched on it.
Ellen White

Philippines

#9 Jun 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 9 of the 10 are in the NT you're 90% wrong.
So your sect has tablet displays with only 9 commandments etched on it.
Ellen White

Philippines

#10 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
<quoted text>So your sect has tablet displays with only 9 commandments etched on it.
And your sect calls it "The New 9 Commandments of the Lord."

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
<quoted text>And your sect calls it "The New 9 Commandments of the Lord."
We have the New Covenant. Never heard of it?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#12 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
<quoted text>And your sect calls it "The New 9 Commandments of the Lord."
Your sect is called the Seventh Day Adventist cult. You believe and teach that keeping the Saturday Sabbath is essential to salvation. You are preaching a different gospel than that which is taught in the Word of God. A person can't earn their salvation. Christians are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, not by works (Eph 2:8-9, Romans 4:5, Titus 3:5, Rom 10:9-13, John 3:15-18).

You are certainly free to keep the Saturday Sabbath if you so choose, but those of us who worship on Sundays aren't going to Hell for not keeping the Saturday Sabbath. The scriptures are clear on this matter.

Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14:5- One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

==========
Check out this link for a simple explanation of How to Be Saved According to the Word of God:
http://www.soulwinning.info/tracts/how_to_be_...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Jun 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sect is called the Seventh Day Adventist cult. You believe and teach that keeping the Saturday Sabbath is essential to salvation. You are preaching a different gospel than that which is taught in the Word of God. A person can't earn their salvation. Christians are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, not by works (Eph 2:8-9, Romans 4:5, Titus 3:5, Rom 10:9-13, John 3:15-18).
You are certainly free to keep the Saturday Sabbath if you so choose, but those of us who worship on Sundays aren't going to Hell for not keeping the Saturday Sabbath. The scriptures are clear on this matter.
Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Romans 14:5- One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
==========
Check out this link for a simple explanation of How to Be Saved According to the Word of God:
http://www.soulwinning.info/tracts/how_to_be_...
Amen!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#14 Jun 13, 2013
Seventh-day Adventist Cult Exposed
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#15 Jun 13, 2013
QUOTE FROM LINK:

Seventh-day Adventism originated around the 1830’s in the work of William Miller, who set the time for the end of the world as 1843-1844. Adding some doctrines to the original faith, Elder James White and his wife became the leaders of the Seventh-day branch of Adventism in 1846.

Their Doctrines

In doctrine they differ radically from evangelical churches. Their main teachings were:

-Belief that only they have a correct understanding of the prophecies to which they give most of their attention.

-The end of the world would occur in their generation.

-The time of judgment began in 1844.

-The seventh day, Saturday, must be observed.

-Keeping Sunday is the mark of the beast.

-Mrs. White is inspired as were the writers of the Bible which must be interpreted to harmonize with her writings.

-The dead are unconscious (soul sleep).

-The wicked and the devil will be annihilated.

-All churches but their own are Babylon and rejected of God.

They have no fellowship with other Christians or work with them in any way, but zealously proselyte from all denominations. They use the Bible to teach their doctrines by taking out of context and twisting the Scriptures.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA4.html#4...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Seventh-day Adventist Cult Exposed
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
I will definitely check that out!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#17 Jun 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I will definitely check that out!
They're usually very sneaky in their attempts to spread their false doctrine.
Ellen White

Philippines

#19 Jun 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14:5- One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
No I'm not a 7th day adventist. I'm not a vegetarian. Yes I know about Colossians 2:16-17 and Romans 14:5.

My point is, let's change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God" and not mostly so that we can all be saved. Although just to make sure that we will all be saved, then I recommend to observe Sabbath day (Saturday) properly.

And besides, why do we keep on displaying tablets having 10 commandments etched on it if we only follow 9? Only for historical purposes? Why not your sect display tablets with only 9 commandments and call it the new 9 covenants of the Lord?

And why is it so hard for most Christian authorities to simply change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath Day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?" Are we afraid that all computers and cellphones will breakdown and explode? Will it make airplanes crash? Will it trigger riots and anarchy on the streets? Why is it so easy for authorities to change the dates of other holidays and daylight saving times but has a hard time changing the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?"
Ellen White

Philippines

#20 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not a 7th day adventist. I'm not a vegetarian. Yes I know about Colossians 2:16-17 and Romans 14:5.
My point is, let's change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God" and not mostly so that we can all be saved. Although just to make sure that we will all be saved, then I recommend to observe Sabbath day (Saturday) properly.
And besides, why do we keep on displaying tablets having 10 commandments etched on it if we only follow 9? Only for historical purposes? Why not your sect display tablets with only 9 commandments and call it the new 9 covenants of the Lord?
And why is it so hard for most Christian authorities to simply change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath Day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?" Are we afraid that all computers and cellphones will breakdown and explode? Will it make airplanes crash? Will it trigger riots and anarchy on the streets? Why is it so easy for authorities to change the dates of other holidays and daylight saving times but has a hard time changing the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?"
We're already used to with always displaying the 10 commandments having 10 commands etched on it and not 9 anyway! So what's so hard about changing the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God" who authored the tablets with 10 commandments etched on it that we always love to display? Are we protecting the reputation of someone? Hence, let's go back to observing the Sabbath day (Saturday) properly strictly for "the sake of honoring God" and nothing else.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#21 Jun 13, 2013
Ellen White wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not a 7th day adventist. I'm not a vegetarian. Yes I know about Colossians 2:16-17 and Romans 14:5.
My point is, let's change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God" and not mostly so that we can all be saved. Although just to make sure that we will all be saved, then I recommend to observe Sabbath day (Saturday) properly.
And besides, why do we keep on displaying tablets having 10 commandments etched on it if we only follow 9? Only for historical purposes? Why not your sect display tablets with only 9 commandments and call it the new 9 covenants of the Lord?
And why is it so hard for most Christian authorities to simply change the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath Day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?" Are we afraid that all computers and cellphones will breakdown and explode? Will it make airplanes crash? Will it trigger riots and anarchy on the streets? Why is it so easy for authorities to change the dates of other holidays and daylight saving times but has a hard time changing the day of rest and worship back to Saturday (Sabbath day) strictly for "the sake of honoring God?"
Almost every SDA denies being one when called out on it. Why choose Ellen White's name (one of the cult's founders) then?

What do you mean "just to make sure"? Saturday Sabbath isn't going to save anyone. Salvation is a free gift that cannot be earned, it is by grace are we saved through FAITH and not of works lest anyone should boast. If it's by works, then it's no longer grace.

Romans 11:6- And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Sunday worship in the Bible.
Acts 20:7- And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2- Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 17 min stephgw64 136
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 3 hr stephgw64 68
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 4 hr stephgw64 2,452
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 4 hr stephgw64 466
the pauline paradox 4 hr stephgw64 77
it's unreal what's going on here in the states ... 4 hr stephgw64 7
George Washington and the duty of prayer 4 hr stephgw64 7
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 4 hr stephgw64 1,641
More from around the web