Not "Murder", killing when justified

"Killing" means just that, never justified

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#38513 Nov 9, 2011
jbird56 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad died from oat cell cancer( asbestos). My mom was a cathiloic, my dad was a japanese Jew. My oldest brother brought his baptist preacher to see my dad a few days before he died. We left them alone for a bit, after about ten minutes the preacher came out of my dads bedroom, rather red faced and left with out saying a word. My dad then informed my brother that in all his days he had no use for god, and the fact that he was dieing was not going to change it.... my dad responded in this way. " When I die, cremate me. Take my ashes to the Pacific Ocean. Spread my ashes on the sea, have them dance on my grave, see if any of them walk on water" . Huh maybe thats where I get it from
Yes, when we lose someone....especially someone we love who rejects God...it can be so very difficult.

It can have profound effect on our children lives.

My mother-in-law I would describe as an agnostic...taking after her father. She would say his favorite line was, "the people who are the worst sinners are sitting in thew first row of the church."

She was hard to share the good news of Jesus Christ with...she had hardened her heart towards Him for so long....but my wife and I were faithful and we shared it with her until she died...sharing her the good news as she laid in bed, to weak to respond or acknowledge if she could hear us. God has shown me twice, two elderly women suffering with dementia and Alzheimer...they could hear me as I shared the good news with them....God showed me they could in their spirit still receive eternal life.....while there is breath...there is hope.....and so.....my wife and I still have hope Grandma heard us and repented of her sin and trusted in Jesus as she took her last breath....only God knows for sure.

I know these words have mo comfort for you....I have none to give you.....nothing I can say could ease the pain if the bible is true and your dad has rejected Christ....you know what the bible teaches...I cannot comfort you with words well maybe he is in heaven....I am sorry for this.

I only have the encouraging words my pastor spoke to me as my wife and I told him about grandma. He reminded us of her love for us...that no matter what...she would want us to have eternal life because she loved us.....she would not want us to make the same decision she has made if she never came to faith in Jesus Christ.

He explained, grandma would be like the rich man who was asking for the salvation of his brothers.....to send someone to warn them to not make the same mistake he had made. Knowing grandma....I know this is true...she loved her family enough she would not want us to miss out on heaven even if she herself decided against trusting in Jesus.

We also have these comforting words what will happen in heaven....and although we cannot fully understand how God will accomplish this....I know it is true.

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I pray, do not let your pain keep you from seeking God, but allow your love for your father drive you to the cross as it did me.

I pray you will have eternal life.....and that you will bring your children and grandchildren with you...for unless you become saved....there is a possibility they will follow the same path your father did...and now the same path you find yourself on.

This was a very sensitive post I had to make to you....like walking on egg shells....I wrote this to you in love.....love that you will come to know Jesus Christ as Lord God and receive eternal life....and then your generations can be blessed as you share the good news of Jesus Christ with them....and because of their love for you...they will listen....and be given faith that brings them eternal life.

This is how the Kingdom of God is filled with family, friends, and loved ones, and neighbors.

God loves you and so do I!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38514 Nov 9, 2011
Troth for Leogere wrote:
Oh yippee! Lets talk about dead dads!
Mine died from cancer in 02..
I danced and danced and as I was asked if I was flying across the country for the funeral, I replied:
Hell NO! Good riddance, may he rot in hell!
Deadbeat dads are just that, sperm donors..
I understand completely.
When my father died, I had not seen or heard from him in years.
Only one of my brothers along with me decided to go to his funeral.
Halfway through it, with his second wife and her children there (whom we had never met), we turned to one another and asked..'what are we doing here anyway'.
:)
When some fathers leave their wife, they also leave their kids.
At least in my case.
Yet, I know some great men who are wonderful fathers.

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#38515 Nov 9, 2011
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that was funny?
You are so two faced....no I do not trust you enough to want a Christmas card from you.
Apologize!..... for laughing at a personal attack of another....or won't you because it was directed at a Christian?
Or don't you know how to?
So you don't think that was funny? I did and no it wasn't toward any Christian. I am a Christian and sometimes I do find some things LOL. What attack? I haven't been posting to a poster for how long and yet I don't see you saying to that another poster needs to let others alone, to stop harrassing. So I can not trust you either. When you start acting the part and not backing the wrong maybe then the thread could get back to the topic.
I don't apologize for something I didn't do wrong. Maybe when you start saying that to the other poster others may take you in a better light.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#38516 Nov 9, 2011
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I read your posts to Native on that thread...you haven't changed one bit.....in two years.....you are one mean lady to those who declare the truth of Scriptures.
You neglect to point out that every one of Native's pathetic posts was removed from that thread for good reason. You should read them. Fortunately, or not, they are preserved in the responses.
resident

Brooklyn, NY

#38517 Nov 9, 2011
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when we lose someone....especially someone we love who rejects God...it can be so very difficult.
It can have profound effect on our children lives.
My mother-in-law I would describe as an agnostic...taking after her father. She would say his favorite line was, "the people who are the worst sinners are sitting in thew first row of the church."
She was hard to share the good news of Jesus Christ with...she had hardened her heart towards Him for so long....but my wife and I were faithful and we shared it with her until she died...sharing her the good news as she laid in bed, to weak to respond or acknowledge if she could hear us. God has shown me twice, two elderly women suffering with dementia and Alzheimer...they could hear me as I shared the good news with them....God showed me they could in their spirit still receive eternal life.....while there is breath...there is hope.....and so.....my wife and I still have hope Grandma heard us and repented of her sin and trusted in Jesus as she took her last breath....only God knows for sure.
I know these words have mo comfort for you....I have none to give you.....nothing I can say could ease the pain if the bible is true and your dad has rejected Christ....you know what the bible teaches...I cannot comfort you with words well maybe he is in heaven....I am sorry for this.
I only have the encouraging words my pastor spoke to me as my wife and I told him about grandma. He reminded us of her love for us...that no matter what...she would want us to have eternal life because she loved us.....she would not want us to make the same decision she has made if she never came to faith in Jesus Christ.
He explained, grandma would be like the rich man who was asking for the salvation of his brothers.....to send someone to warn them to not make the same mistake he had made. Knowing grandma....I know this is true...she loved her family enough she would not want us to miss out on heaven even if she herself decided against trusting in Jesus.
We also have these comforting words what will happen in heaven....and although we cannot fully understand how God will accomplish this....I know it is true.
Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
I pray, do not let your pain keep you from seeking God, but allow your love for your father drive you to the cross as it did me.
I pray you will have eternal life.....and that you will bring your children and grandchildren with you...for unless you become saved....there is a possibility they will follow the same path your father did...and now the same path you find yourself on.
This was a very sensitive post I had to make to you....like walking on egg shells....I wrote this to you in love.....love that you will come to know Jesus Christ as Lord God and receive eternal life....and then your generations can be blessed as you share the good news of Jesus Christ with them....and because of their love for you...they will listen....and be given faith that brings them eternal life.
This is how the Kingdom of God is filled with family, friends, and loved ones, and neighbors.
Sensitive? Sheesh!

Location hidden

#38518 Nov 9, 2011
Troth for Leogere wrote:
Oh yippee! Lets talk about dead dads!
Mine died from cancer in 02..
I danced and danced and as I was asked if I was flying across the country for the funeral, I replied:
Hell NO! Good riddance, may he rot in hell!
Deadbeat dads are just that, sperm donors..
I have a prison brother who made the exact same comment about his dad. He contacted him while in prison this summer and used the same term for his father.....very sad.

Yes, I hate the fact there are so many rotten fathers in America. The prisons are filled with prisoners because of the hurt their dead beat selfish fathers did to them as children growing up. Many have good fathers or father figures...but many have the same feeling towards their father as you do.

No wonder you don't want to believe God the Father is any different....or that He exists.

Praise God...my buddy has been able to forgive his father in his heart (doesn't want to go fishing with him), and know the love of the Father who loves His child...and he is a Christian leader in the prison compound and God is using him mightily to bring fellow inmates to know the love of God and that He is the best Father and there is forgives for others and for self in coming to the Father through faith.

I was blessed to have a wonderful father.....sin of the fathers has not been so kind to others.

Sad truth in this world we live in...and why Utopia will never be reach in this life and in this world until Christ returns.

God bless!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#38519 Nov 9, 2011
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I understand completely.
When my father died, I had not seen or heard from him in years.
Only one of my brothers along with me decided to go to his funeral.
Halfway through it, with his second wife and her children there (whom we had never met), we turned to one another and asked..'what are we doing here anyway'.
:)
When some fathers leave their wife, they also leave their kids.
At least in my case.
Yet, I know some great men who are wonderful fathers.
Maybe that's why we get along so well.. kindred spirits and kindred histories!

And yes, there are some wonderful dads/men out there.. mine wasnt one of them!

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#38520 Nov 9, 2011
jbird56 wrote:
<quoted text>
My pops was in the navy during WW2, served on Battleships,NEW JERSEY (BB-62). Sure miss the old fart
Yes I miss my loved ones too. Nothing will bring them back but the memories will live on. The pilots sure had funn when not flying and on leave. I don't want to give to much info not right now.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#38521 Nov 9, 2011
I seeJesus wrote:
I know these words have mo comfort for you....I have none to give you.....
Then knock it off. And quit prosthelytizing when it isnt wanted nor asked for.
How utterly arrogant of you.. but we've come to know what a pompous arrogant screacher you normally are.

Location hidden

#38522 Nov 9, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You neglect to point out that every one of Native's pathetic posts was removed from that thread for good reason. You should read them. Fortunately, or not, they are preserved in the responses.
I only read Natives post that has truth about Jesus Christ in them. I do not read her posts in her continuing battle with those who have intentionally hurt her and continue to do so.

I support her for I can see her faith in Jesus Christ.

I would you too...if you had any and spoke some truth about Him.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

#38523 Nov 9, 2011
Morning all. Hope everyone has activities outside topix today to bring them joy and awe!

Location hidden

#38524 Nov 9, 2011
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Then knock it off. And quit prosthelytizing when it isnt wanted nor asked for.
How utterly arrogant of you.. but we've come to know what a pompous arrogant screacher you normally are.
Sorry....that is what I do....share the Love of God.....now if you are against this...DON'T READ THEM....you won't even know what I was writing.

“Just another face”

Since: May 08

in the cloud

#38525 Nov 9, 2011
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct....and that "He" Jesus is speaking to are unbelievers.
You really do not understand scripture at all.....you don't understand that "he" represents HUMANITY....you really need to get into a bible class...your interpretation of scripture is an abomination.
Do you have a minister you can talk to?
Do you have a Bible commentary to study from?
Do you have anything but that spirit you use to understand scripture from?
Do you test your spirit you think is a good teacher?
Sis, you need to learn to test the spirit....you need other believers.....you cannot do this walk on your own....I doubt you are a church goer or a bible student with other believers...are you?
"He who is not with me.." I googled that phrase and tacked on satan to see if any links came up. They did. Feel free to do it youself. I see no need in defending my understanding, but you can contact those people on those web pages and tell them it's an abomination if you'd like.

You said "I doubt you are a church goer or a bible student with other believers"
Every time you make guesses about me it reveals how misguided you are about me. What spirit do you listen to? It is the same one who guides you to sow fear and doubt, insult and abrasion, confusion and exhasperation. Of this I am certain.

Why would I provide you with any of the evidence you seek from me? I shared with you my conversion story and you tried to cast doubt on it. I share with you my walk with God and you tell me I'm doing it all wrong. It's like throwing pearls to swine and I must say you give me a much deeper understanding of that scripture.

Would it make you feel better to know that hardly a day goes by that I don't speak with a minister, or discuss scripture with someone, or read in my bible, or have truth revealed to me. No, it wouldn't, because that would go against what you already believe about me so you would say I lie. How could I possibly prove it's the truth? Why would I want to?

You would feel much better if I could answer "no" to at least one of your questions. You would feel much better about how you feel about me, and this very desire in you SHOULD reveal something to you. If you had eyes to see you could be healed of that.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#38526 Nov 9, 2011
Must go into woods and speak with bird of prey..

Will return with feathers to wampum with firewater infused squanto later.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38527 Nov 9, 2011
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's why we get along so well.. kindred spirits and kindred histories!
And yes, there are some wonderful dads/men out there.. mine wasnt one of them!
We ARE kindred spirits with kindred histories, Troth.
Love you!
Have a great week!

“Just want to be”

Since: May 10

your lovin teddy bear

#38528 Nov 9, 2011
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Then knock it off. And quit prosthelytizing when it isnt wanted nor asked for.
RAmen and RAmen

Location hidden

#38529 Nov 9, 2011
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Sensitive? Sheesh!
Yes...sensitive...and speaking truth from scripture at the same time.

Sorry Resident you don't have that ability...to speak truth and be sensitive at the same time.....you proved that many times to me when my mother-in-law was sick and dying.....your words were insensitive and hurtful and YOU are one of the very few who ever got me angry on these threads....with your lack of the truth in knowing and witnessing for Jesus Christ.

Had to come back to get your dig in....I am interested in what Jay has to say....not you.

Location hidden

#38530 Nov 9, 2011
SisTeresa wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who is not with me.." I googled that phrase and tacked on satan to see if any links came up. They did. Feel free to do it youself. I see no need in defending my understanding, but you can contact those people on those web pages and tell them it's an abomination if you'd like.
You said "I doubt you are a church goer or a bible student with other believers"
Every time you make guesses about me it reveals how misguided you are about me. What spirit do you listen to? It is the same one who guides you to sow fear and doubt, insult and abrasion, confusion and exhasperation. Of this I am certain.
Why would I provide you with any of the evidence you seek from me? I shared with you my conversion story and you tried to cast doubt on it. I share with you my walk with God and you tell me I'm doing it all wrong. It's like throwing pearls to swine and I must say you give me a much deeper understanding of that scripture.
Would it make you feel better to know that hardly a day goes by that I don't speak with a minister, or discuss scripture with someone, or read in my bible, or have truth revealed to me. No, it wouldn't, because that would go against what you already believe about me so you would say I lie. How could I possibly prove it's the truth? Why would I want to?
You would feel much better if I could answer "no" to at least one of your questions. You would feel much better about how you feel about me, and this very desire in you SHOULD reveal something to you. If you had eyes to see you could be healed of that.
Sis...you have a real problem.....I truly see your low self esteem....trying to defend your beliefs...I am not interested in your whining and carrying on that I don't understand you....I don't....and I really have tested you and I believe you are deceived in many ways by satan.....but I believe you know Christ.

I am sure you had some real deep emotional problems in your past, and still suffer from them.....there is no doubt in my mind....or you would be able to let go.....but you cannot.

I really don't care to go back and forth with you....with you trying to prove you are just as much a Christian as I am.....God knows and so do you....I know I am and have eternal life through Jesus Christ.....I pray you know that too.

God bless!

Location hidden

#38531 Nov 9, 2011
SisTeresa wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who is not with me.." I googled that phrase and tacked on satan to see if any links came up. They did. Feel free to do it youself.
I did and here is what I pulled up:

HE WHO IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME

When it comes to deciding about Christ, there is no place for ambivalence. Jesus’ expectation is very clear: He demands complete allegiance from His followers. This is how it is worded in Matthew 12:30.

Matthew 12:30. He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

There are only two sides

The general thrust of this verse is that in our relationship with Jesus, there can be no neutrality. There is no middle ground with Christ: A person is either with Him or against Him.

It is true that in our daily life, it is generally possible to remain neutral. In fact, it may even be wise to be neutral in certain situations. But in the conflict between Jesus and Satan, neutrality is impossible. There is no Switzerland in this war.

READ IT FOR YOURSELF:

http://www.meetingwithchrist.com/E063%20He%20...

Did you read any of the links you were able to get from your search?

I did...yesterday and again just now.....using your search words.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#38532 Nov 9, 2011
jbird56 wrote:
<quoted text>
My pops was in the navy during WW2, served on Battleships,NEW JERSEY (BB-62). Sure miss the old fart
My dad was a medic on the Eastern Front. As you know, fatalities were in the dozens of millions. He started Eastern Orthodox but ended up atheist. Still, he promised to raise us all Catholic in order to marry my mom and that's exactly what he did.

He worked himself to death at age 52. I warned him but he didn't listen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Shriners' Dirty Little Secret 6 min dollarsbill 6
The senses were not created by evolution. 11 min dollarsbill 4
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 12 min dollarsbill 5,309
Is the Earth flat? Is it a globe? 33 min Burgle Kutt 88
Who is Satans right hand demon? (Mar '09) 36 min Scott 121
Mother Mary? 42 min dollarsbill 92
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 45 min dollarsbill 3,721
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 5 hr Justice-League 814
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 6 hr truthandcommonsense 123
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 7 hr no-one-special 2,938