Challenge To Atheists!!!!

Challenge To Atheists!!!!

Posted in the Christian Forum

Tall Guy

Decatur, GA

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Since God doesn't exist, I dare you to go outside during the next thunderstorm that comes in your area and dare God to strike you down and kill you. Preferably a open area too like a golf course so it is just you and God. After all what do you have to lose with this bet since you are 100% positive God doesn't exist.

IF YOU LOSE, YOU ARE DOOMED.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#4 Jul 16, 2013
I'll prove it right now. I'm gonna go stand on the train tracks and ask god to smite me down with a train if he really exists.

Word of the day = smite.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#5 Jul 16, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
Since God doesn't exist, I dare you to go outside during the next thunderstorm that comes in your area and dare God to strike you down and kill you. Preferably a open area too like a golf course so it is just you and God. After all what do you have to lose with this bet since you are 100% positive God doesn't exist.
8 But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Out of interest, does your church have a lightning conductor?

Anyway, I will agree to your challenge on the condition you meet one of mine. Shoot yourself in the thigh with a .45 and pray for a) no pain and b) instant healing.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#6 Jul 16, 2013
"Thunder and lightning were considered tokens of God's displeasure. It was considered impious to prevent their doing damage. This was despite the fact that in Germany, within a span of 33 years, nearly 400 towers were damaged and 120 bell ringers were killed....Christian churches tried to ward off the damaging effects of storms and lightning by saying prayers, consecrating church bells, sprinkling holy water and burning witches. ...Unfortunately, these efforts were to no avail. The priest ought to have prayed for the bell ringer, who was frequently electrocuted while ringing the blessed bells....The first major blow against these biblical superstitions about storms and lightning was struck in 1752 when Benjamin Franklin made his famous electrical experiments with a kite. The second and fatal blow was struck later in the same year when he invented the lightning rod. With Franklin's scientific explanations of lightning, the question that had so long taxed the minds of the world's leading theologians-'Why should the Almighty strike his own consecrated temples, or suffer Satan to strike them'-could finally be answered rationally."- Al Seckel and John Edwards
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2013
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of interest, does your church have a lightning conductor?
Anyway, I will agree to your challenge on the condition you meet one of mine. Shoot yourself in the thigh with a .45 and pray for a) no pain and b) instant healing.
making sure the shot cuts thru the femoral artery.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#8 Jul 18, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
What kind of stupid challenge is this? You think YOUR God needs us to plead with him to do what he might want to do? Does he need us to plead?

Whats worse is, if we walk away, WE WIN and YOU F'n LOSE!

Oh wait, you already have, because millions of people have already performed this - many - most of them believers!

Tall Guy needs to get a pump installed, so to get some blood to flow INTO his brain and not just his feet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 10 min KAB 163
Evidence Against God 23 min Atheistgirl 3,775
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 38 min KAB 8,209
If the Bible is True Barnsweb is a ... 52 min rog 24
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 1 hr TheLordsAnointed 11
Why do you really believe in a god? 1 hr Big Al 594
Who else wants to go back and stop the fall of ... 2 hr Taranis 41
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 5 hr Big Al 1,314
More from around the web