little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#642 Aug 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>little lamb
#577
13 hrs ago
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>These scriptures have no bearing on Sacred Tradition.
little lamb wrote:
The word of God is more authoritative then tradition.
----------
"I don't have a problem with the fact that the gospels were first preached orally...and then written down..."
----------
Here is an example of the problems concerning debating you, little lamb.
That is because you go against the gospels that are written down..trying to tell us that not everything has been written down that we NEED..when the gospels tell us John 20 [31]

" But these have been WRITTEN DOWN , that you may BELIEVE Jesus is the CHRIST, and that because of your BELIEVING you may have life by means of his name."

1 Corinthians 4 [6]" Now brothers , these things I have applied to myself and Apollos, FOR YOUR GOOD, that in our case you may learn the RULE " do not go beyond the things written ,".........."

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#643 Aug 26, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't make a martyr of yourself nettie because it was you who chased me on several postings to try and draw me into the doctrine of the Catholic church teaching on baptisms ...
So you brought these philosophies of catholic into your discussions as your reference points, all the time.
So is that what you do?
use these Catholic sources as references and then turn around and say how people attack your religion?
Why are you making stuff up?
you have consistently tried to talk me out of believing in my own faith.
Surely you realize that I will defend/explain my faith at all times.
You have the right to believe as you wish.
You continue to bash my faith and I will continue to defend it.
Simple.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#644 Aug 26, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you go against the gospels that are written down..trying to tell us that not everything has been written down that we NEED..when the gospels tell us John 20 [31]
" But these have been WRITTEN DOWN , that you may BELIEVE Jesus is the CHRIST, and that because of your BELIEVING you may have life by means of his name."
1 Corinthians 4 [6]" Now brothers , these things I have applied to myself and Apollos, FOR YOUR GOOD, that in our case you may learn the RULE " do not go beyond the things written ,".........."
John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

The Bible denies that it is sufficient as the complete rule of faith. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to "stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15).

This oral teaching was accepted by Christians, just as they accepted the written teaching that came to them later. Jesus told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). The Church, in the persons of the apostles, was given the authority to teach by Christ; the Church would be his representative. He commissioned them, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19).

And how was this to be done? By preaching, by oral instruction: "So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ" (Rom. 10:17). The Church would always be the living teacher. It is a mistake to limit "Christ’s word" to the written word only or to suggest that all his teachings were reduced to writing. The Bible nowhere supports either notion.

Further, it is clear that the oral teaching of Christ would last until the end of time. "’But the word of the Lord abides for ever.’ That word is the good news which was preached to you" (1 Pet. 1:25). Note that the word has been "preached"—that is, communicated orally. This would endure. It would not be
supplanted by a written record like the Bible (supplemented, yes, but not supplanted), and would continue to have its own authority.

This is made clear when the apostle Paul tells Timothy: "[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). Here we see the first few links in the chain of apostolic tradition that has been passed down intact from the apostles to our own day. Paul instructed Timothy to pass on the oral teachings (traditions) that he had received from the apostle. He was to give these to men who would be able to teach others, thus perpetuating the chain. Paul gave this instruction not long before his death (2 Tim. 4:6–8), as a reminder to Timothy of how he should conduct his ministry.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/scripture-and-...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#645 Aug 26, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you go against the gospels that are written down..trying to tell us that not everything has been written down that we NEED..when the gospels tell us John 20 [31]
" But these have been WRITTEN DOWN , that you may BELIEVE Jesus is the CHRIST, and that because of your BELIEVING you may have life by means of his name."
1 Corinthians 4 [6]" Now brothers , these things I have applied to myself and Apollos, FOR YOUR GOOD, that in our case you may learn the RULE " do not go beyond the things written ,".........."
Nice try but 1 Corinthians is one of the oldest Christian documents and was written long before the rest of the New Testament. By your rule there should only be five or six 'books' in the New Testament. Is that what you want?

By the way, why don't you post that verse in its entirety so we can all see the extent to which you have corrupted it.

God bless you.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#646 Aug 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I never said Jesus was not the cornerstone of the Church, little lamb.
Scripture tells us that Jesus appointed Peter to be the rock He would build His church on; scripture tells us that Jesus gave only to Peter the Keys to the Kingdom.
I do not consider you to be an Apostle nor do I consider myself to be one.
I consider myself to be a follower of Christ, a Christian.
The cornerstone of the foundation of the Temple is female. Psalm 144:12 "...that our daughters may be as cornerstones, polished after the similitude of a palace". That is also the surprise. She has been rejected by the Jews because she is female. Psalm 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner". The Messiah in the flesh will cause the Temple to be rebuilt and she will live there forever.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#647 Aug 26, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
The name Peter means piece of rock.
Muchas gracias, Einstein.
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#648 Aug 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Muchas gracias, Einstein.
any time

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#649 Aug 26, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nicene Creed is the wisdom of men.
1 Corinthians 1:19-20
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
19 For it is written,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the cleverness of the clever I will thwart.”
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
Didn't read it, did you? If you reject even a single point you will be in trouble with your fundie buddies because it is exactly what you pretend to believe.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#650 Aug 26, 2013
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
.
More like the Catholic traditions reflect the Pharisees and their perverted version of Judaism, don't you think.
.
Let's see.........
.
1.) They wear the long robes (Matthew 23:5-7) and the "Yarmulke hats" on the back of their head like Jewish Rabbis. They even like being called ‘father’ like the Pharisees (Matthew 23:9-10).
.
****By the way, when is the last time we've seen a Jewish PAPA?...lol....******
.
2.) travel over land and sea to win a single convert and make them twice as much a child of hell as themselves (Matthew 23:15).
.
3.) they clean cups (Matthew 23:25)
.
4.) pray using vain repetitions (Matthew 6:7) and especially love to pray standing in the churches and on the street corners to be seen by others (Matthew 6:5)
.
5.) when they give to the needy, they still announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do (Matthew 6:2)
.
Your church (assemblies of men) might have been used by God to preserve the scriptures and create the canon we have now but any outsider giving the NT half a chance can see that the joke (was/is) on the Mother in scarlet and her reformed protestant offshoots today (Revelation 17).
.
Should we keep going and expose those pretending to be Jews (John 4:22--Revelation 3:9)?
.
Gentile sects better learn that cryptic language
.
"Gentile sects better learn that cryptic language."
No can do paisano. Some fundie stole my Magic Jesus Decoder Ring.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that this morning's Gospel was Matthew 23. Though much of your comment is nothing but anti-Catholic hate speech, your stock in trade, Padre did address honestly and sincerely errors that the Catholic Church has made through the ages. He even gave credit to Martin Luther for pointing some of them out.

Long robes? It's just a big piece of cloth with a hole in the middle. We had a visiting nun last week, Sister Hilda, from a remote corner of New Mexico whose convent weaves fabric for clerical garments. Padre spread his green pancho and said 'This is just gringo fabric.' I know Nettiebelle would love my little church, language barrier notwithstanding.

God bless you.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#651 Aug 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you making stuff up?
you have consistently tried to talk me out of believing in my own faith.
Surely you realize that I will defend/explain my faith at all times.
You have the right to believe as you wish.
You continue to bash my faith and I will continue to defend it.
Simple.
Scripture tells us , there is only one FAITH..

God loved the world so much he sent his only begotten son, that whomsoever exercises FAITH IN HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life'

And " Whoever has the son has this life'
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#652 Aug 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gentile sects better learn that cryptic language."
No can do paisano. Some fundie stole my Magic Jesus Decoder Ring.
Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that this morning's Gospel was Matthew 23. Though much of your comment is nothing but anti-Catholic hate speech, your stock in trade, Padre did address honestly and sincerely errors that the Catholic Church has made through the ages. He even gave credit to Martin Luther for pointing some of them out.
Long robes? It's just a big piece of cloth with a hole in the middle. We had a visiting nun last week, Sister Hilda, from a remote corner of New Mexico whose convent weaves fabric for clerical garments. Padre spread his green pancho and said 'This is just gringo fabric.' I know Nettiebelle would love my little church, language barrier notwithstanding.
God bless you.
Lets consider some 'little' mistakes

[1] Idolatry..the use of images and statues in worship

[2] Calling one of you Father..Jesus said let none of you [Christians] be called Father on earth..one is your Father the heavenly one.

[3] Jesus says " don't say the same words over and over again supposing you will get a hearing for the use of your many words..take a look at the rosary.

[4] Men will arise with teachings of demons , forbidding to marry and to abstain from meat..poor old priest lets another man tell him he can't marry..wow

and what about not being able to eat meat on Friday , a foolish commandment by man.

[5] We won't go into indulgences , that was covered by Luther.

[6] Then in the wars Catholics on both sides of conflict enter military service to kill the other on the other side...as Jesus says we will recognize his disciples by the love they have for each other...pretty lacking there.

[7] inquisition, and crusades,,,,shows the violence the Catholic church inflicted on others..so much for loving your enemy...

[8] And now the cover up and lies in the child sex abuse scandal, that is being exposed ...

As God word states Babylon is infested with every foul bird and unclean thing..

" Come out of her my people.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#653 Aug 26, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets consider some 'little' mistakes
[1] Idolatry..the use of images and statues in worship
[2] Calling one of you Father..Jesus said let none of you [Christians] be called Father on earth..one is your Father the heavenly one.
[3] Jesus says " don't say the same words over and over again supposing you will get a hearing for the use of your many words..take a look at the rosary.
[4] Men will arise with teachings of demons , forbidding to marry and to abstain from meat..poor old priest lets another man tell him he can't marry..wow
and what about not being able to eat meat on Friday , a foolish commandment by man.
[5] We won't go into indulgences , that was covered by Luther.
[6] Then in the wars Catholics on both sides of conflict enter military service to kill the other on the other side...as Jesus says we will recognize his disciples by the love they have for each other...pretty lacking there.
[7] inquisition, and crusades,,,,shows the violence the Catholic church inflicted on others..so much for loving your enemy...
[8] And now the cover up and lies in the child sex abuse scandal, that is being exposed ...
As God word states Babylon is infested with every foul bird and unclean thing..
" Come out of her my people.
We'll not go into what you are infested with. I'm not being crude here. I'm referring to your so-called faith.

No problem 'taking a look at my Rosary'. It's in my pocket. It's always in my pocket. You don't like it? Try to take it.

God bless you.
lol

Pineville, WV

#654 Aug 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you are quite fallible. Your take on what scripture says and means doesn't impress me.
I'm not here to impress you. I am here to expose false doctrine and false teachers. And my take on Scripture is to take it for what it says. Unlike you who just has to mingle it with Catholic Dogma.
lol

Pineville, WV

#655 Aug 26, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no good or evil; it is only things that are fortunate or unfortunate for us.
What is fortunate for me might be unfortunate for you, what is fortunate for humanity might be unfortunate for nature.
It is a question of being subjective or objective.
Our reactions are produced by our brains functionality and sometimes of track it can’t be controlled, and then who is responsible?
A God who is supposed to be the creator?
Good and evil very much exist.

Two teenagers rob and kill a 89 year old man.

A church gives food to the needy.

Expound.
lol

Pineville, WV

#656 Aug 26, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
You think "lol" IS Wayne? But,.... "lol's" IQ must be 15 pts. higher, he far exceeds Wayne in reasoning ability, comprehension, literary competance, verbal skills, vocabulary, emotional stability, and self-control.
Unless they're doing brain-mind transplants nowadays, I don't see how Wayne COULD be "lol"!
Maybe you're being thrown by the one thing "lol" and Wayne DO have in common:.... Iganamus Inyoface Know-it-allness!
xo
lol That is hardly a trait shared only by myself and Wayne.

Nettiebelle is far beyond my Iganamus Inyoface Know-it-allness! lol
lol

Pineville, WV

#657 Aug 26, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are judging her. You have judged her. You can back pedal all you want. Your arrogance believes you to understand a bible which you ignore as being two parts. You have stated she is not Christian, which is a lie, and have said she is lying, which you cannot know. You pretend you are god...and all knowing...and cast judgments on people. Be careful what comes out of your mouth.....Judge not, lest yea be judged.
No dear, I am NOT judging her soul. That is God's domain. I am judging her condescending, arrogant ravings as if SHE and only SHE has any authority to define scripture.

And she, nor YOU, are Christian, not by a long shot.

The rest of your post is insipid and not worth answering.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#658 Aug 26, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to impress you. I am here to expose false doctrine and false teachers. And my take on Scripture is to take it for what it says. Unlike you who just has to mingle it with Catholic Dogma.
With what? Your opinions?
The Catholic Church has been around since the time of Jesus, who founded it.
Can your church say that?
lol

Pineville, WV

#659 Aug 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not God. You aren't much of anything.
Neither are you.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#660 Aug 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll not go into what you are infested with. I'm not being crude here. I'm referring to your so-called faith.
No problem 'taking a look at my Rosary'. It's in my pocket. It's always in my pocket. You don't like it? Try to take it.
God bless you.
Yes that is another interesting vile thing.

Gospels state " There is only one God and one mediator between God and men, a man Christ Jesus."

And the rosary is praying to Mary..who is not a mediator between men and God at all..and is really blasphemous, to try and replace Jesus with his mother who bore him.....

Mary is most honored among women, but she is not God himself...terrible lie you poor deluded guys have been indoctrinated into believing.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#661 Aug 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>With what? Your opinions?
The Catholic Church has been around since the time of Jesus, who founded it.
Can your church say that?
" Now you are Christs body and members individually'

So we the BODY of CHRIST are most certainly still around ..

"here we stand on the WORD of GOD "...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 8 min Barnsweb 2,277
WORD FROM GOD to CHRISTIAN TELEVISION NETWORK 11 min God the son 2
Ever Wonder What Post-Theistic Church Looks Like? 39 min God the son 10
The god of the Old Testament 41 min God the son 25
Y European Christians want to impose their Semi... 43 min God the son 5
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 46 min God the son 15,441
+++ MESSAGE FROM GOD to - JIMMY SWAGGERT +++ 3 hr God the son 7
Faith vs Rationality 5 hr God the son 121
Proof of God 5 hr Truth 299
ATHEISM: a cold and empty belief 5 hr dadmans abode 24
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 8 hr Osiris 3,383

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE