Is eating pork good for you?
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#88 Apr 19, 2010
It has been proven that if you take shellfish by the boatload, dump them in a polluted bay, the waters will be cleansed with in a matter of days. Bottom feeders - are just that. They eat the crap that falls to the bottom of the river, lake, or sea. Vultures - like pigs - eat the remains of other animals.
When we harvest these filters, we are simply eating the poison that they contain. Then there is the issue of removing the filtering system that God placed on the earth...and we wonder what to do about the pollution issue.
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#89 Apr 19, 2010
Sheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I seldom see evidence of God's mercy.

God provided the umbrella. He gave us instructions on how to use it to keep from getting wet. He will not force anyone to stand under it.
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#90 Apr 19, 2010
brother winston wrote:
<quoted text>
...Apostle Peter did not deduce from his vision that Elohiym had cleansed all those creepy, crawly critters in the sheet that was let down, but that "he should call no man common or unclean." ...

Exactly! Nothing magic happened to pigs when Jesus died on the Cross. And if people want to use Peter's vision as an excuse to fry up the pork chops, then they have the same excuse for roasting rats, and making vulture dumplings.
If you study the recent outbreaks of disease, such as SARS, you will find that it leads back to nations that are notorious for eating the family pets.
Thinking

Newcastle, UK

#91 Apr 19, 2010
I was taking my pet prawn Barry for a walk when I realised that you are a racist idiot.

Do any Mexicans agree with your sweeping statement?

Surely this all proof of "unintelligent design" because none of this should happen if your god existed and was competent and compassionate.
HEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Nothing magic happened to pigs when Jesus died on the Cross. And if people want to use Peter's vision as an excuse to fry up the pork chops, then they have the same excuse for roasting rats, and making vulture dumplings.
If you study the recent outbreaks of disease, such as SARS, you will find that it leads back to nations that are notorious for eating the family pets.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#92 Apr 20, 2010
HEY wrote:
It has been proven that if you take shellfish by the boatload, dump them in a polluted bay, the waters will be cleansed with in a matter of days. Bottom feeders - are just that. They eat the crap that falls to the bottom of the river, lake, or sea. Vultures - like pigs - eat the remains of other animals.
When we harvest these filters, we are simply eating the poison that they contain. Then there is the issue of removing the filtering system that God placed on the earth...and we wonder what to do about the pollution issue.
Typical dimwit. The best way to stop the pollution issue is to stop polluting. Duh!
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#93 Apr 20, 2010
Thinking wrote:
I was taking my pet prawn Barry for a walk when I realised that you are a racist idiot.
Do any Mexicans agree with your sweeping statement?
Surely this all proof of "unintelligent design" because none of this should happen if your god existed and was competent and compassionate.
<quoted text>

If you totally ignore the fact that man rebelled against God and decided to follow after satan, I can see why you would not understand why the world is in the shape that it is in.

If you totally ignore the fact that God came to earth as a man to pay for your sin, then I can see why you are not able to see Him as competent and compassionate.

Ignore is the base for the word for people who deliberately truth.
Thinking

Newcastle, UK

#94 Apr 20, 2010
The first two points are just your superstition. The third doesn't even make grammatical sense.

Do you want to try and write that properly next time?
HEY wrote:
<quoted text>
If you totally ignore the fact that man rebelled against God and decided to follow after satan, I can see why you would not understand why the world is in the shape that it is in.
If you totally ignore the fact that God came to earth as a man to pay for your sin, then I can see why you are not able to see Him as competent and compassionate.
feces for jesus

New York, NY

#95 Apr 20, 2010
HEY wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh it well for truth at is for I

Take THAT !!!
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#96 Apr 20, 2010
Thinking wrote:
The first two points are just your superstition. The third doesn't even make grammatical sense.
Do you want to try and write that properly next time?
<quoted text>

"Ignore is the base for the word for people who deliberately ignore truth."

I couldn't see what I was writing cause of the glitch. Forgive the typo.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#97 Apr 22, 2010
HEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people fully understand why the world is in the shape that it is in, because of religious wingnuts like you.

And don't go stating your 2,000+ year old mythology, that was ripped off ideas from previous pagan mythology, is anything like facts. That's just plain lying when you do that.

And as to your statement:

"Ignore is the base for the word for people who deliberately truth."

WTF??!!
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#98 Apr 22, 2010
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>And as to your statement:
"Ignore is the base for the word for people who deliberately truth."
WTF??!!

post # 96
resident

Edison, NJ

#99 Apr 22, 2010
It is definitely NOT good for the pig

“It is well with my soul”

Since: Feb 10

Whereabouts in Jersey

#100 Apr 22, 2010
resident wrote:
It is definitely NOT good for the pig
LOL

:)

Whereabouts in Jersey

#101 Apr 22, 2010
What difference does it make? As long as it's cooked thoroughly.

Are eating frog's legs good for you? I don't know, but if cooked properly, they taste just like chicken.

How about sweetbreads? It's probably good for you, but I can't get past the thought that they are cow brains.

Octopus? No thank you, they gross me out (I can't get past the suction cups), however I have no problem with squid.

NT - anything God has made is not unclean. Sure there are health benefits for NOT eating certain things, and you have to remember proper sanitation as we know today (well, that may still be questionable) may have been a real issue back in the day and God made all creatures for a purpose because the earth started out without any landfills, or if you live in NJ, Toxic Superfund Sites.

And if you know a really good cook and/or chef, they can make just about anything taste good. I think the key is moderation and for those who believe, to say your blessing (or grace) before you eat anything.

Me gusta las chicharones muy caliente!
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#102 Apr 22, 2010
Ibborbi wrote:
What difference does it make?

The OP was looking at the topic from a Christian viewpoint.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#103 Apr 22, 2010
HEY wrote:
<quoted text>
The OP was looking at the topic from a Christian viewpoint.
And I gave my Christian viewpoint. Or so I thought.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#104 Apr 22, 2010
It's YUMMY!
HEY

Bradenton Beach, FL

#105 Apr 22, 2010
Remember when the Lord multiplied the loaves and fish?
John 6:12 So when they were filled, He said to His disciples,
"Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost."
The Lord was not willing to waste food. Quite obviously, the Lord did not consider pigs to be food if he let them jump off of a cliff.

Mar 5:12-13 So all the demons begged Him, saying, "Send us to the swine, that we may enter them." And at once Jesus gave them permission....
Thinking

Newcastle, UK

#106 Apr 22, 2010
Sweetbreads are not brains... but they do taste offal to me.

Octopus is lovely if and only if it is really fresh... cuttlefish and squid last much longer.
Ibborbi wrote:
What difference does it make? As long as it's cooked thoroughly.
Are eating frog's legs good for you? I don't know, but if cooked properly, they taste just like chicken.
How about sweetbreads? It's probably good for you, but I can't get past the thought that they are cow brains.
Octopus? No thank you, they gross me out (I can't get past the suction cups), however I have no problem with squid.
NT - anything God has made is not unclean. Sure there are health benefits for NOT eating certain things, and you have to remember proper sanitation as we know today (well, that may still be questionable) may have been a real issue back in the day and God made all creatures for a purpose because the earth started out without any landfills, or if you live in NJ, Toxic Superfund Sites.
And if you know a really good cook and/or chef, they can make just about anything taste good. I think the key is moderation and for those who believe, to say your blessing (or grace) before you eat anything.
Me gusta las chicharones muy caliente!

Whereabouts in Jersey

#107 Apr 22, 2010
HEY wrote:
Remember when the Lord multiplied the loaves and fish?
John 6:12 So when they were filled, He said to His disciples,
"Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost."
The Lord was not willing to waste food. Quite obviously, the Lord did not consider pigs to be food if he let them jump off of a cliff.
Mar 5:12-13 So all the demons begged Him, saying, "Send us to the swine, that we may enter them." And at once Jesus gave them permission....
The pigs jumped off the cliff because Jesus allowed the demons to enter them, which drove the pigs absolutely crazy, yet, they were smart enough to jump off the cliff and into the water to drown the demonic spirits because everybody knows demonic spirits hate water.

Remember, the farmers were upset that they lost all their pigs and wanted Jesus to leave.

Let's put the story in a better context if not the proper context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
failed prophecies 19 min Gary Coaldigger 565
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 1 hr Le Monde 1,350
Forum has gone to the dogs 2 hr Allen Richards 42
Early Christianity 2 hr Allen Richards 1,270
Turns Out 3 hr BillyHerman45 164
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 3 hr BillyHerman45 364
temporary travel ban 3 hr BillyHerman45 10
More from around the web