Comments
121 - 140 of 166 Comments Last updated May 31, 2014
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#129 Sep 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
Stop the nonsense already. Everyone knows that Rome was big on Sun God worship and When they converted to Christianity the only way they could get the pagans to join is by letting them bring along some of their pagan customs. This is why a lot of catholic symbols are pagan is because they were pagan all along and have stuck for 1800 + yrs.
Many wont admit it, but it is true
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#130 Sep 3, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Many wont admit it, but it is true
The Catholics Can`t admit it because they are Brain washed by their Pagan Church.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#131 Sep 3, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics Can`t admit it because they are Brain washed by their Pagan Church.
all attempts to prove Catholicism "pagan" fail. Catholic doctrines are neither borrowed from the mystery religions nor introduced from pagans after the conversion of Constantine. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.

Your Jack Chick theories fail, hon.

Show foundation for your accusation, not just your opinions based on fallacy.
Tall Guy

Atlanta, GA

#132 Sep 3, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>all attempts to prove Catholicism "pagan" fail. Catholic doctrines are neither borrowed from the mystery religions nor introduced from pagans after the conversion of Constantine. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.
Your Jack Chick theories fail, hon.
Show foundation for your accusation, not just your opinions based on fallacy.
Ummm maybe you need to study the origin of where all the Catholic stuff they do now came form. It is borderline modern day SunGod worship. I tried to deny it, but all proof is there.

When I get some time I will list them all for you.

I know you are in denial and have a right to be and will make any excuse to justify what the Catholic Church does. But here are some sites that just gets started on it

http://www.biblelight.net/verita.htm
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_pag...
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end...

Sorry to tell you, you have been duped and bought a lie, A GIANT ONE, for over 1800 yrs.
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#133 Sep 4, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>all attempts to prove Catholicism "pagan" fail. Catholic doctrines are neither borrowed from the mystery religions nor introduced from pagans after the conversion of Constantine. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.
Your Jack Chick theories fail, hon.
Show foundation for your accusation, not just your opinions based on fallacy.
All you have to do is look at all the pagan practices the catholic church has brought in.
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#134 Sep 4, 2013

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#135 Sep 4, 2013
When it comes to the RCC I know what I am talking about. I was in the RCC faith for 6 years and I walk away from that faith praise God I done that. It is a born fact that the RCC is the church of Satan. They have face many law suit in the pass 20 years do to sex in the church against young boys and girls. They have took the word of God and twist it around to fit there faith like most denominational churches have done....."FACT"

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#136 Sep 4, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
complete BS.
Disciple

United States

#137 Sep 4, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
complete BS.


Stop the denial.... the Roman Catholic Church is modern day pAganism... face it and accept It

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#138 Sep 4, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is look at all the pagan practices the catholic church has brought in.
Concrete examples followed by historical documents...surely this is easily found on the internet.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#139 Sep 4, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
Your source

e are committed to sharing the truth about God and His promises. Amazing Discoveries™ began as a way for us to further spread this truth.

In 1992 we met scientist and speaker Professor Walter J. Veith. After hearing his life story and seeing his passion for truth, we invited him to hold his first public Canadian seminars at the Massey Theatre in New Westminster, BC. Over 1200 people attended his fascinating seminars on science and religion.

Seeing the success of Professor Veith’s series, we formed Amazing Discoveries™ in 1993 as a way to expand our audience and consolidate resources. Several more seminars followed throughout the years.

Since then, Walter Veith and Amazing Discoveries™ have gone through several updates of the series, expanded to include the US and Europe, and added additional speakers and topics. Seminars are now available on DVD and on the Web.

Amazing Discoveries™ employs more than a dozen staff, distributing DVDs and publications for sale throughout North America and hosting seminars around the globe. Veith’s series are being broadcast in Spanish and English around the world on satellite television, with new languages on the horizon.

Along with Veith, we added Pastor Victor Gill to our speaker lineup. Gill is a retired pastor that has spent his lifetime preaching and teaching the Word of God around the world. He has traveled on behalf of Amazing Discoveries™ to India and the Ukraine, sharing the Gospel with hundreds. In addition, his presentations are being made available in multiple languages on international TV through the Red AD Venir network.

----------

ROFLMAO!!!!!

An anti-Catholic hate-mongering born again evangelical cult.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#140 Sep 4, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source
e are committed to sharing the truth about God and His promises. Amazing Discoveries™ began as a way for us to further spread this truth.
In 1992 we met scientist and speaker Professor Walter J. Veith. After hearing his life story and seeing his passion for truth, we invited him to hold his first public Canadian seminars at the Massey Theatre in New Westminster, BC. Over 1200 people attended his fascinating seminars on science and religion.
Seeing the success of Professor Veith’s series, we formed Amazing Discoveries™ in 1993 as a way to expand our audience and consolidate resources. Several more seminars followed throughout the years.
Since then, Walter Veith and Amazing Discoveries™ have gone through several updates of the series, expanded to include the US and Europe, and added additional speakers and topics. Seminars are now available on DVD and on the Web.
Amazing Discoveries™ employs more than a dozen staff, distributing DVDs and publications for sale throughout North America and hosting seminars around the globe. Veith’s series are being broadcast in Spanish and English around the world on satellite television, with new languages on the horizon.
Along with Veith, we added Pastor Victor Gill to our speaker lineup. Gill is a retired pastor that has spent his lifetime preaching and teaching the Word of God around the world. He has traveled on behalf of Amazing Discoveries™ to India and the Ukraine, sharing the Gospel with hundreds. In addition, his presentations are being made available in multiple languages on international TV through the Red AD Venir network.
----------
ROFLMAO!!!!!
An anti-Catholic hate-mongering born again evangelical cult.
Cookie Parker, I think you might be a undercover Roman Catholic

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#141 Sep 4, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Cookie Parker, I think you might be a undercover Roman Catholic
Ant...I think you are a sock....;)

I just exposed a HUGE lie posted on here from a bigoted and evil source and this is all you have? You MUST be a member of the boys'/girls' junior high club.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#143 Sep 4, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ant...I think you are a sock....;)
I just exposed a HUGE lie posted on here from a bigoted and evil source and this is all you have? You MUST be a member of the boys'/girls' junior high club.
Nope, there are many many many other sites that have exposed the true pagan origins and the wickedness of the Roman Catholic Church. You can have that religion and their Man God on Earth Pope they bow down to and all of their SunGod symbols.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#144 Sep 4, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, there are many many many other sites that have exposed the true pagan origins and the wickedness of the Roman Catholic Church. You can have that religion and their Man God on Earth Pope they bow down to and all of their SunGod symbols.
LOL!!!

Yeah, but they are all born again evangelical wing nuts sites....give it up, Kevvie..you never COULD have a discussion and win.
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#145 Sep 4, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
complete BS.
You defend a Church that clearly is in decline and in trouble.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#146 Sep 4, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
You defend a Church that clearly is in decline and in trouble.
Scandals in the Church.

Commentary: No one in the Church can defend the indefensible. For my team at AskACatholic.com , we apologize for the behavior of some of our members and in no way wish to rationalize their behavior. The following passages from the Bible only demonstrate the history of our fallen human nature as Jesus testified to when he said, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.(Matthew 26:41)

Jeremiah 32:32-35
Old Testament leaders and priests offered child sacrifices.
2 Kings 23:7
The Old Testament had cult prostitutes in the temple of the Lord.
Matthew 13:24-30
Parable of the weeds among the wheat.
Matthew 13:47-48
Parable of the net that collects good and bad fish.
Mark 14:43-46
Judas betrayed Jesus.
Mark 14:50
They all left him and fled from the garden of Gethsemane.
Mark 14:66-72
Peter denied Our Lord, three times before returning to Him.
John 4:22
In spite of their infidelity, salvation is from the Jews.
John 20:24-25
Thomas refused to believe in Jesus' Resurrection from the dead.
Romans 3:3-4
Will their infidelity nullify the fidelity of God? No!
2 Timothy 2:13
If we are all unfaithful, God remains faithful.

The church is not in trouble just because certain members OF did wrong.
I defend the faith and my faith comes from the Catholic Church and its teachings.
Perhaps you can wrap your head around this: No matter what Christian, leader of member of congregation, does wrong, this is not a smear against their particular church but against themselves.
JohnnyTrunk

Philadelphia, PA

#147 Sep 4, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Scandals in the Church.
Commentary: No one in the Church can defend the indefensible. For my team at AskACatholic.com , we apologize for the behavior of some of our members and in no way wish to rationalize their behavior. The following passages from the Bible only demonstrate the history of our fallen human nature as Jesus testified to when he said, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.(Matthew 26:41)
Jeremiah 32:32-35
Old Testament leaders and priests offered child sacrifices.
2 Kings 23:7
The Old Testament had cult prostitutes in the temple of the Lord.
Matthew 13:24-30
Parable of the weeds among the wheat.
Matthew 13:47-48
Parable of the net that collects good and bad fish.
Mark 14:43-46
Judas betrayed Jesus.
Mark 14:50
They all left him and fled from the garden of Gethsemane.
Mark 14:66-72
Peter denied Our Lord, three times before returning to Him.
John 4:22
In spite of their infidelity, salvation is from the Jews.
John 20:24-25
Thomas refused to believe in Jesus' Resurrection from the dead.
Romans 3:3-4
Will their infidelity nullify the fidelity of God? No!
2 Timothy 2:13
If we are all unfaithful, God remains faithful.
The church is not in trouble just because certain members OF did wrong.
I defend the faith and my faith comes from the Catholic Church and its teachings.
Perhaps you can wrap your head around this: No matter what Christian, leader of member of congregation, does wrong, this is not a smear against their particular church but against themselves.
Attendance at Church is off by the millions world wide and it is getting worse the church is in decline.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#148 Sep 4, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Attendance at Church is off by the millions world wide and it is getting worse the church is in decline.
The Church is Perpetual; Eternal/Un-ending

Isaiah 9:6-7
Of Christ's government there will be no end.
Daniel 2:44
God's kingdom shall not be destroyed.
Daniel 7:14
His kingdom shall not be destroyed.
Matthew 7:24
Jesus is like a wise man who built his house on a rock.
Matthew 13:24-30
Let wheat and weeds grow together until harvest.
Matthew 16:18
The gates of Hell will never prevail against Christ's Church.
Matthew 28:19-20
I am with you all days.
Luke 1:32-33
No end to Christ's kingdom.
John 14:16
Holy Spirit will be with you always.
Tall Guy

Atlanta, GA

#149 Sep 4, 2013
Purgatory =

P is for Pope
U is for un-real
R is for rubbish
G is for guilty as charged.
A is for Alluring lie.
T is for torment untold.
O is for Oh, my flames.
R is for Ridiculous .
Y is for You were deceived.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 1 min dollarsbill 126
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 5 min dollarsbill 2,085
Christianity about to be born. 20 min dollarsbill 25
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 35 min dollarsbill 281
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 38 min Hell-Sucks 13,732
Christianity is a Cult of good and evil. 1 hr dollarsbill 72
Gays, Lesbians ............. 1 hr dollarsbill 6
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 58
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 2 hr FSM 457
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••