Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#63 Jul 15, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Immediately before his denials were predicted, Peter was told, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again [after the denials], strengthen your brethren" (Luke 22:31-32). It was Peter who Christ prayed would have faith that would not fail and that would be a guide for the others; and his prayer, being perfectly efficacious, was sure to be fulfilled.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-and-the-...
John>>

Christ said Go And make disciples he was not just talking to Peter.

Matthew 28:19-20
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#64 Jul 15, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
I do not consider you to be a disciple.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#65 Jul 15, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
God will punish sick and demon filled people like you
You mean you fundies?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#66 Jul 15, 2013
Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>Who was he preaching to?
the audience of people listening.....

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#67 Jul 15, 2013
Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that Satan did not wish to sift the others as well? Do you think that Christ didn't pray for them also? Satan still demands the same concerning true believers to this day. Christ (our Advocate) still intervenes to this day.
Since he would not always be with the Church visibly, Christ gave this power to other men so the Church, which is the continuation of his presence throughout time (Matt. 28:20), would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations. He gave his power to the apostles, and it was a power that could be passed on to their successors and agents, since the apostles wouldn’t always be on earth either, but people would still be sinning.

God had sent Jesus to forgive sins, but after his resurrection Jesus told the apostles, "‘As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them,‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained’" (John 20:21–23).(This is one of only two times we are told that God breathed on man, the other being in Genesis 2:7, when he made man a living soul. It emphasizes how important the establishment of the sacrament of penance was.)

The Commission

Christ told the apostles to follow his example: "As the Father has sent me, even so I send you" (John 20:21). Just as the apostles were to carry Christ’s message to the whole world, so they were to carry his forgiveness: "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 18:18).

This power was understood as coming from God: "All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Cor. 5:18). Indeed, confirms Paul, "So we are ambassadors for Christ" (2 Cor. 5:20).
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-forgivenes...

Jesus went up to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer with God. When day came, he called his disciples to himself, and from them he chose Twelve, whom he also named Apostles: Simon, whom he named Peter, and brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called a Zealot, and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
http://www.12apostlesofthecatholicchurch.com/
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#68 Jul 15, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I do not consider you to be a disciple.
John>>

Whatever you say
Tall Guy

Atlanta, GA

#69 Jul 15, 2013
Roman Catholicism is modern Paganism, no matter how much you try to flip it.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#70 Jul 15, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
John>>

I agree ,but if you tell that to a Catholic they will say you are Catholic bashing.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#71 Jul 16, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no cult member, but atleast I'm not a flaming homo like you, God will punish sick and demon filled people like you
You're a liar...and a sock...which makes you a lying coward. But, don't worry..no one here takes you seriously..it's just your god who's looking at how you judge others who's taking you seriously...;)

Anderson, IN

#72 Jul 16, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
Hardly...it's the born again evangelist political cult who rewrote the bible and pushes the republican agenda who are the pagans...leaving Christ and turning to the corporations, supporting fascism...not Christian nor religious ideals at all.

Anderson, IN

#73 Jul 16, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
He also said do not judge, love everyone and help the poor...areas you fundies ignore in your zealousness to evangelize the world.
Shamus McArden

Huntington, WV

#74 Jul 16, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>the audience of people listening.....
If you read verse 5 in Acts chapter 2, you'll see who the audience of people are. They are Jews out of every nation.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#75 Jul 16, 2013
Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>If you read verse 5 in Acts chapter 2, you'll see who the audience of people are. They are Jews out of every nation.
The word 'nation' means ethic groups when used here, not different nations like Germany, Canada, Spain, U.S.A. etc.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#76 Jul 16, 2013
Shamus McArden

Huntington, WV

#77 Jul 16, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The word 'nation' means ethic groups when used here, not different nations like Germany, Canada, Spain, U.S.A. etc.
The point that I was trying to bring to light was, the entire audience were all Jews. There is nothing mentioned of any Gentiles being there.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#78 Jul 16, 2013
Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>The point that I was trying to bring to light was, the entire audience were all Jews. There is nothing mentioned of any Gentiles being there.
Pentecost is celebrated on the fiftieth day after Passover, or the sixth day of the Hebrew month of Sivan (May or June). It is a Jewish Feast.

Paul said in Colossians 2:16-17 that the Jewish feasts and celebrations were a shadow of the things to come through Jesus Christ.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#81 Jul 16, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Pentecost is celebrated on the fiftieth day after Passover, or the sixth day of the Hebrew month of Sivan (May or June). It is a Jewish Feast.
Paul said in Colossians 2:16-17 that the Jewish feasts and celebrations were a shadow of the things to come through Jesus Christ.
John>>

What are the things to come?

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#82 Jul 16, 2013
Disciple wrote:
http://www.remnantofgod.org/wh oreofbabylon.htm
after looking at this site plus many others, it is clear much of the Catholic church is modern day paganism and the great who re the book of revelations speaks of.
I whole-heartily disagree.

I believe that the Bible is speaking of an enemy of Christ.....and is revealed by studying the book of Daniel and other books of the Prophets.

The keys to opening up the book of Revelation is found in the Old Testament.

I urge all serious students who want a fresh look at prophecy in the Book of Revelation and see that the Anti-Christ is still where paganism came from.....Babylon.....in the Middle-East.....Babylon, Persian, Greek Empires. We are still facing this ancient enemy of the God of the Bible....the spirit of the anti-christ that is really satan himself and his demons.

I am talking purposely so that those who read this WILL NOT understand what I am saying.

I want those who truly seek answers to Revelation of end-times....to look at the evidence themselves and do a Bible study as I did and see the keys that unlock the mystery of what John was seeing.

I urge Christians interested in end-time prophecy to look at this book:

"God's War On Terror" by Walid Shoebot.

I believe this man has end-time prophecy correctly interpreted more than any author I have ever studied.

It is time you look at fresh evidence that fit what we are observing in the world today....especially in Israel and the Middle East.

God bless.

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#83 Jul 16, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Pentecost is celebrated on the fiftieth day after Passover, or the sixth day of the Hebrew month of Sivan (May or June). It is a Jewish Feast.
Amen! The Seven Feasts of Israel is a very interesting study.....and very prophetic. I whole-heartily agree with you on this.(Surprise!)

God bless.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#84 Jul 16, 2013
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I whole-heartily disagree.
I believe that the Bible is speaking of an enemy of Christ.....and is revealed by studying the book of Daniel and other books of the Prophets.
The keys to opening up the book of Revelation is found in the Old Testament.
I urge all serious students who want a fresh look at prophecy in the Book of Revelation and see that the Anti-Christ is still where paganism came from.....Babylon.....in the Middle-East.....Babylon, Persian, Greek Empires. We are still facing this ancient enemy of the God of the Bible....the spirit of the anti-christ that is really satan himself and his demons.
I am talking purposely so that those who read this WILL NOT understand what I am saying.
I want those who truly seek answers to Revelation of end-times....to look at the evidence themselves and do a Bible study as I did and see the keys that unlock the mystery of what John was seeing.
I urge Christians interested in end-time prophecy to look at this book:
"God's War On Terror" by Walid Shoebot.
I believe this man has end-time prophecy correctly interpreted more than any author I have ever studied.
It is time you look at fresh evidence that fit what we are observing in the world today....especially in Israel and the Middle East.
God bless.
"The poll found that 67 per cent of evangelicals believe natural disasters are evidence of what the Bible calls the “end times” compared to 58 per cent of all respondents who see it as evidence of global climate change.
Only about one third of Catholics (31 per cent) and mainline Protestants (34 per cent) believe that natural disasters are signs from God.
Among Republicans, 52 per cent believe that natural disasters are evidence of the end times."
--
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/majorit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jews are the Children of Satan 33 min Just the Truth 2
The post count of Dollarsbill 36 min waco1909 1,421
God's name is Yahweh 40 min Just the Truth 42
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 45 min blacklagoon 178
The Best of Both Worlds 1 hr Big Al 2
Before The Big Bang 1 hr Big Al 3,563
For God so loved the world. 1 hr Truth 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr janeebee 3,000
WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT STATE of ISRAEL 6 hr Why 41
More from around the web