Roman Catholic Church is the Who-re of Babylon in Revelations!!!

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jesus Is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", 3,1,1, 180 A.D., J208
"...in their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were evangelizing at Rome, and laying the foundations of the Church."

St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", chapter III,
"...the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops."

Eusebius, "History of the Church", 2,14,6, 300 A.D., J651dd
In the same reign of Claudius, the all-good and gracious providence which watches over all things guided Peter, the great and mighty one among the Apostles, who, because of his virtue, was the spokesman for all the others, to Rome."

Tertullian, "The demurrer against the heretics", chapter XXXII,1,
"...like the church of the Romans where Clement was ordained by Peter."

Who has the authority to ordain priests? Only Bishops do. Clement was ordained by the Bishop of Rome, Peter.

Saint Peter of Alexandria, "The Canonical Letter", canon 9, 306 A.D.
"Peter, the first chosen of the Apostles, having been apprehended often and thrown into prison and treated with ignominy, at last was crucified in Rome."

Eusebius, "The Chronicle" Ad An.Dom 68, J651cc
"Nero is the first, in addition to all his other crimes, to make a persecution against the Christians, in which Peter and Paul died gloriously in Rome."

Eusebius, "History of the Church", 3,2, 300 A.D., J652a
"After the martyrdom of Paul and Peter, Linus was the first appointed to the Episcopacy of the Church at Rome."
Jesus Is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
Jesus said you are not a Christian.
Nearly everything this prophet of Satan says is opposite of Truth.

POJC wrote:

"No, stupid I am obsessed with making you eat your own dung."

Not everything but nearly. LOL
Shamus McArden

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic church started BEING the day Jesus founded it and appointed Peter as its first leader.
Nettiebelle, hello, how are you? I hope well. I'm a new kid on the block and I've a most intriguing question for you. When one truly weighs what is written in scripture concerning Peter and Paul. It makes me wonder: why did Roman Catholicism pick Peter as its first leader instead of Paul? Now keep in mind, my reasoning only concerns what is in the New Testament excluding writings not contained therein and tradition. Peter's primary ministry was to the Jew. Paul's primary ministry was to the Gentile. You know as well as I do, at that moment in history, Italy was a Gentile land. The NT makes no mention of Peter traveling to Rome, and yet it specifically mentions the various trips Paul made to Rome. Paul wrote an entire epistle to the Romans. There is no mention of Peter writing to the Romans. According to what is written in scripture, the only thing that is mentioned as being "chief" concerning Apostles and Prophets is the corner stone itself. Seeing that Peter was not the corner stone; nor did he have any ties to Rome such as was mentioned of Paul- I find it odd and disproportionate that He was considered first Pope. Have you ever thought about this yourself?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>Nettiebelle, hello, how are you? I hope well. I'm a new kid on the block and I've a most intriguing question for you. When one truly weighs what is written in scripture concerning Peter and Paul. It makes me wonder: why did Roman Catholicism pick Peter as its first leader instead of Paul? Now keep in mind, my reasoning only concerns what is in the New Testament excluding writings not contained therein and tradition. Peter's primary ministry was to the Jew. Paul's primary ministry was to the Gentile. You know as well as I do, at that moment in history, Italy was a Gentile land. The NT makes no mention of Peter traveling to Rome, and yet it specifically mentions the various trips Paul made to Rome. Paul wrote an entire epistle to the Romans. There is no mention of Peter writing to the Romans. According to what is written in scripture, the only thing that is mentioned as being "chief" concerning Apostles and Prophets is the corner stone itself. Seeing that Peter was not the corner stone; nor did he have any ties to Rome such as was mentioned of Paul- I find it odd and disproportionate that He was considered first Pope. Have you ever thought about this yourself?
Jesus asked the apostles, "Who do they say that I am?" (Mat 16:13) He was referring to the general people, their democratic voice. They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." In other words, no unity, no certitude. Leave the government to the people and you get no unity.

Then he appealed to the aristocracy, the apostles, but there was no answer,(Thomas doubted, Judas was in money, Philip was troubled about relations with the heavenly father.) Jesus could not build his Church on an aristocracy alone.

At this point one man comes forward without the consent of the others. It is Peter, who says "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." It is the right answer. Here was one man, divinely illuminated, speaking for all, who confesses the divinity of Christ, who is to be chosen as the leader of the Church. This is the Theocratic form of the Church that Catholics believe Jesus chose. This is what God did when he chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.. Jesus is the big rock, and Peter is a little rock, acting on behalf of Christ on earth, giving the keys to him.
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/pope.php
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus asked the apostles, "Who do they say that I am?" (Mat 16:13) He was referring to the general people, their democratic voice. They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." In other words, no unity, no certitude. Leave the government to the people and you get no unity.
Then he appealed to the aristocracy, the apostles, but there was no answer,(Thomas doubted, Judas was in money, Philip was troubled about relations with the heavenly father.) Jesus could not build his Church on an aristocracy alone.
At this point one man comes forward without the consent of the others. It is Peter, who says "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." It is the right answer. Here was one man, divinely illuminated, speaking for all, who confesses the divinity of Christ, who is to be chosen as the leader of the Church. This is the Theocratic form of the Church that Catholics believe Jesus chose. This is what God did when he chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.. Jesus is the big rock, and Peter is a little rock, acting on behalf of Christ on earth, giving the keys to him.
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/pope.php
John>>

Christ is the Big Rock on which the true Christian Church is Built.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
Sorry, hon, it would be useless to debate a poster who does not even recognize the Divinity of Jesus.

Have a good day.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Bible Canon came out of the Catholic Church.
Anyone who believes in and follows the New Testament is following a Catholic document.
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
No way the New testament is Inspired by God Not the Catholic Church.
2 Timothy 3:16
Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience,[and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
You seriously lack reading comprehension.

Nettie did NOT say anything about the bible being Catholic "inspired".

She merely stated that the bible is a Catholic document, which is correct. For it was the Catholics who decided what writings were to be included in the printed bible.

And BTW - The verse you quoted "2 Timothy 3:16", ONLY pertains to the BOOK of "Timothy", and NOT the whole bible. As the bible did not even exist when he wrote his BOOK. And the bible is a collection of pagan BOOKS, that were rewritten by MAN, and it was MAN who thousands of years later decided which BOOKS were to be included in the bible.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
Is there a bible verse stating where Christ had Big Rocks?
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, hon, it would be useless to debate a poster who does not even recognize the Divinity of Jesus.
Have a good day.
John>>

Wow is that sorry
Shamus McArden

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text> who is to be chosen as the leader of the Church. This is the Theocratic form of the Church that Catholics believe Jesus chose. This is what God did when he chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.. Jesus is the big rock, and Peter is a little rock, acting on behalf of Christ on earth, giving the keys to him.
According to Jesus, there was no leader of the Apostles: Mark 9:33,34,35 states, And he came to Capernaum and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way? But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, if any man desire to be the first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all. Mark 10:42,43,44 states, But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. BUT SO SHALL IT NOT BE AMONG YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. This would be reasonable when you consider Paul admonished Peter in Galatians 2:11-21 and he also stated in verses 7 and 8 of the same chapter that he and Peter had different routes and different audiences and yet God's will concerning salvation was accomplished through both of them equally. Another oddity which is rarely thought of: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament; Peter wrote 7 to 8 pages, which is approximately ten times less than what Paul wrote, and he[Peter] even refers his readers to Paul's writings in 2Peter 3:15,16(and yet Roman Catholicism chose him to be the progenitor of all the fathers).

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>According to Jesus, there was no leader of the Apostles: Mark 9:33,34,35 states, And he came to Capernaum and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way? But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, if any man desire to be the first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all. Mark 10:42,43,44 states, But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. BUT SO SHALL IT NOT BE AMONG YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. This would be reasonable when you consider Paul admonished Peter in Galatians 2:11-21 and he also stated in verses 7 and 8 of the same chapter that he and Peter had different routes and different audiences and yet God's will concerning salvation was accomplished through both of them equally. Another oddity which is rarely thought of: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament; Peter wrote 7 to 8 pages, which is approximately ten times less than what Paul wrote, and he[Peter] even refers his readers to Paul's writings in 2Peter 3:15,16(and yet Roman Catholicism chose him to be the progenitor of all the fathers).
According to Jesus, there was a leader of the Apostles and he was Peter.
The Primacy of Peter
Isaiah 22:15-25 - Prophecy of the Catholic Papacy foretold in the Old Testament
Matthew 16:18 - Upon this rock (Peter) I will build my Church. And the gates of Hell can never overpower it
Note: Our Protestant brethren will say to understand Matthew 16:18, we have to get behind the English to the Greek. They will go on to say in Greek, the word for rock is petra, which means a large, massive stone. The word used for Simon’s new name is different; it’s Petros, which means a little stone, a pebble.
The Catholic reply is to understand Matthew 16:18, we have to get behind the Greek to the Aramaic.
Although we don't know if the original Biblical manuscripts were in Aramaic or not, many scholars believe Our Lord probably spoke Aramaic because it was the native tongue for Jesus' immediate disciples.
In Aramaic there is only one word for "rock": Kepha. So he would have said:
"Blessed are you Simon bar Jonah, for flesh and blood have not revealed this to you but my Heavenly Father. So I say to you thou are "Kepha" and upon this "Kepha" I will build my Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it."
The only manuscripts we have of Matthew are written in Greek but Greek scholars—even non-Catholic ones—admit, the words petros and petra were synonyms in first century Greek. They meant "small stone" and "large rock" in some ancient Greek poetry, centuries before the time of Christ, but that distinction had disappeared from the language by the time Matthew’s Gospel was rendered in Greek. The difference in meaning can only be found in Attic Greek, but the New Testament was written in Koine Greek—an entirely different dialect. In Koine Greek, both petros and petra simply meant "rock." If Jesus had wanted to call Simon a small stone, the Greek lithos would have been used.
Matthew 16:19 - I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven
Luke 22:32 - Peter's faith will strengthen his brethren.(Note: The word "you" {I have prayed for "you"} in Greek is in the personal tense, not the plural "you" like 'all you apostles' tense.)
John 21:17 - Given Christ's flock as chief shepherd
Mark 6:7 - angel sent to announce the Resurrection to Peter
Luke 24:34 - Risen Jesus first appeared to Peter

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Acts 1:13-26 - Peter headed meeting which elected Matthias to replace Judas
Acts 2:14 - Peter lead Apostles in preaching on Pentecost
Acts 2:41 - Peter received the first converts
Acts 3:6-7 - Peter performed the first miracle after Pentecost
Acts 5:1-11 - Peter inflicted the first punishment: Ananias and Saphira
Acts 8:21 - Peter excommunicated the first heretic, Simon Magnus
Acts 10:44-46 - Peter received a revelation to admit the Gentles into the Church
Acts 15 - Peter lead the first Catholic council in Jerusalem
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter spoke saying: "My brothers, he said,.... But we believe that we are saved in the same way as they are: through the grace of the Lord Jesus." The entire assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul describing all the signs and wonders God had worked through them among the gentiles." (pronounces the first dogmatic decision)
Galatians 1:18 - after his conversion, Paul visits the chief Apostle
Matthew 10:1-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13 - Peter's name always heads the list of Apostles
Luke 9:32, Luke 8:46, Mark 16:7 - Peter and his companions
Matthew 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6:69 - Peter spoke for the Apostles

Peter is mentioned 191 times in the New Testament. All the other apostles names combined are mentioned only 130 times. And the most commonly referenced apostle apart from Peter is John, whose name appears 48 times.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
http://www.remnantofgod.org/wh oreofbabylon.htm
after looking at this site plus many others, it is clear much of the Catholic church is modern day paganism and the great who re the book of revelations speaks of.
Your admitting to reading this site gives you away as a born again evangelical...who read a rewritten bible which oddly enough is in sync with the republican/teabagging party and making the rich richer.....hey, no skin off my nose if you want to admit being a cult member.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
Wow is that sorry
Actually it's quite honest...there's not a born again evangelical who can quote Christ.
Shamus McArden

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
Acts 1:13-26 - Peter headed meeting which elected Matthias to replace Judas
Acts 3:6-7 - Peter performed the first miracle after Pentecost
Acts 5:1-11 - Peter inflicted the first punishment: Ananias and Saphira
Acts 8:21 - Peter excommunicated the first heretic, Simon Magnus
Acts 10:44-46 - Peter received a revelation to admit the Gentles into the Church
Acts 15 - Peter lead the first Catholic council in Jerusalem
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter spoke saying: "My brothers, he said,.... But we believe that we are saved in the same way as they are: through the grace of the Lord Jesus." The entire assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul describing all the signs and wonders God had worked through them among the gentiles." (pronounces the first dogmatic decision)
Galatians 1:18 - after his conversion, Paul visits the chief Apostle
Matthew 10:1-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13 - Peter's name always heads the list of Apostles
Luke 9:32, Luke 8:46, Mark 16:7 - Peter and his companions
Matthew 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6:69 - Peter spoke for the Apostles
Peter is mentioned 191 times in the New Testament. All the other apostles names combined are mentioned only 130 times. And the most commonly referenced apostle apart from Peter is John, whose name appears 48 times.
And yet, Matthew 16:23 proved that Peter was nothing more than a human, and a follower of Christ, who could think and say wrong things without God's spiritual guidance. It's interesting to note that the only times Jesus uses the phrase, "get thee behind me, Satan", is used with Satan and Peter.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Shamus McArden wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, Matthew 16:23 proved that Peter was nothing more than a human, and a follower of Christ, who could think and say wrong things without God's spiritual guidance. It's interesting to note that the only times Jesus uses the phrase, "get thee behind me, Satan", is used with Satan and Peter.
Immediately before his denials were predicted, Peter was told, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again [after the denials], strengthen your brethren" (Luke 22:31-32). It was Peter who Christ prayed would have faith that would not fail and that would be a guide for the others; and his prayer, being perfectly efficacious, was sure to be fulfilled.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-and-the-...
Shamus McArden

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
Who was he preaching to?
Disciple

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your admitting to reading this site gives you away as a born again evangelical...who read a rewritten bible which oddly enough is in sync with the republican/teabagging party and making the rich richer.....hey, no skin off my nose if you want to admit being a cult member.
I'm no cult member, but atleast I'm not a flaming homo like you, God will punish sick and demon filled people like you
Shamus McArden

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Immediately before his denials were predicted, Peter was told, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again [after the denials], strengthen your brethren" (Luke 22:31-32). It was Peter who Christ prayed would have faith that would not fail and that would be a guide for the others; and his prayer, being perfectly efficacious, was sure to be fulfilled.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-and-the-...
Do you think that Satan did not wish to sift the others as well? Do you think that Christ didn't pray for them also? Satan still demands the same concerning true believers to this day. Christ (our Advocate) still intervenes to this day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••