If evolution is true, why are there still monkeys?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2012
POEtential

Manhasset, NY

#1 Nov 20, 2011
How could you fall for this one atheists if evolution is true why there still are monkeys?

CHECKMATE, ATHEIST

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 20, 2011
LOVE the name!

Only the lowest of brows will dare ask me this question these days. Kinda like asking "if we come from grown-ups, why are there still grown-ups?"

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 20, 2011
twinertia wrote:
LOVE the name!
Only the lowest of brows will dare ask me this question these days. Kinda like asking "if we come from grown-ups, why are there still grown-ups?"
Or... If my family came from England, why are there still English?
The ignorance of Fundie questions is made even more hilarious knowing they take their ignorance to be rational thought.

“Have I offended you? ”

Since: Jan 11

My heart bleeds..NOT

#5 Nov 21, 2011
POEtential wrote:
How could you fall for this one atheists if evolution is true why there still are monkeys?
CHECKMATE, ATHEIST
"Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...

CHECKMATE MORON

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 21, 2011
DemonSeed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...
CHECKMATE MORON
Do you really think a person that think the Bible is literal truth can tell the difference between a monkey and an ape? Come on!!! They believe things like a talking snake, a man surviving for three days in the belly of a big fish, the earth standing still, the earth being less than ten thousand years old.
:-)

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 21, 2011
DemonSeed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...
CHECKMATE MORON
Ridiculous, indeed. There's plenty more where that came from...

Evolution has been confirmed by means of numerous scientific disciplines (you guessed it) using peer review. Falsifiability is sweet, huh.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/topic.cfm...

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/...

http://www.becominghuman.org/

http://humanorigins.si.edu/resources/intro-hu...

http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/projects/human/

http://www.onelife.com/evolve/manev.html

http://www.handprint.com/LS/ANC/evol.html

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Yea if humans came from monkeys or apes we should still be produced...I want to see it with my own two eyes! smh

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#10 Nov 21, 2011
POEtential wrote:
How could you fall for this one atheists if evolution is true why there still are monkeys?
If your mythical "god" and feces christ exist and created people from mud, why is there still mud? Why didn't your fairy tale get rid of much afterward?

Check facts, religitard.

.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 21, 2011
ms_tickled wrote:
Yea if humans came from monkeys or apes we should still be produced...I want to see it with my own two eyes! smh
Exactly how stupid are you???

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 21, 2011
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how stupid are you???
Somewhere below the ability to calculate it, I suspect.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Nov 21, 2011
Roku Roku Roku wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhere below the ability to calculate it, I suspect.
I agree! LOL!

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#14 Nov 21, 2011
POEtential wrote:
How could you fall for this one atheists if evolution is true why there still are monkeys?
CHECKMATE, ATHEIST
That's just so they can look back on their "Family Tree"
evolutiondragons

Voorhees, NJ

#15 Dec 20, 2012
A reason why there are still some is because it is a different kind of APE. it's not the same ape.. the ape that humans came from no longer even exists..

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Question: Who's sock puppet is the gray box that started this thread?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 20, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just so they can look back on their "Family Tree"
family tree.
http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/evol/s3am...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#19 Dec 20, 2012
yeah, this thread needed to be revived...not!

Who scrolls back this far in the list of old threads? Talk about bored...or too much free-time...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Punisher wrote:
yeah, this thread needed to be revived...not!
Who scrolls back this far in the list of old threads? Talk about bored...or too much free-time...
I'd vote for both...
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#22 Dec 20, 2012
POEtential wrote:
How could you fall for this one atheists if evolution is true why there still are monkeys?
CHECKMATE, ATHEIST
That's because people who are not faithful to God when they die return as monkeys.
It's monkey hell.

If you were a really bad atheist you end up as a monkey in a dirty zoo or chained to a gypsy's hurdy gurdy in an eastern european third world country.
it was both

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Dec 21, 2012
It has always been both though.

Creation and evolution, they co-exist and are both true.

Only because something can evolve(simply meaning change) doesn't mean that it wasn't created.

"Each after it's kind" also doesn't mean that evolution is not true, doesn't it simply mean whatever is there at the time re-creates what it is at the time?

It was both the entire time, now we only need to work out the kinks and bugs.!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 12 min no-one-special 171
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 28 min Barnsweb 2,109
What has God done for you today? 35 min COOTERDOG 34
intelligent debate 40 min Gillette 101
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 46 min Here We Go Again 522
Evolution versus Creation, which one is right? 1 hr Gillette 55
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr One Who Knows 13,757
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 3 hr NDanger 83
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••