Who is the dumbest Fundie on Topix?
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#41 Sep 12, 2012
Reality wrote:
I have it as a toss up between Native and Allen Richards. What say you?
I might be on my own, but I don't think AR is stupid. Intellectually dishonest, yes, but not stupid.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#42 Sep 12, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Ignostic towards deities. Which is why I cite only the supernatural in my profile.
"Ignosticism is a theological position that the subject of debate (god or gods) has not been coherently defined. This goes one step further than agnosticism. Whereas agnosticism states that "you can't really know either way" regarding the existence or non-existence of God, ignosticism posits that "you haven't even agreed on what you're discussing.""
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ignosticism
Thanks for that.

I've never even heard of ignosticism.

On the page they describe atheism as a rejection of one Bible God, but I don't think that's a fair definition of atheism. It's the Christian definition, for Christians to use to describe people that don't believe in their god. That makes believers in all other faiths atheists too.

I define an atheist as anyone who is not a theist. Define theists, and you have defined atheists.

I like this rationale though. It describes my position well enough, but so does agnostic atheist in the way that I define that term.
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#43 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
The dumbest fundies are the ones that say "There is no God" :)
Who would they be?
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#44 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th Dalai Lama,
I was referring to Atheists.
As it says in Psalm 14:
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds."
The dumbest fundies are those who think Psalm 14 has anything to do with atheists.
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#45 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th, not been here for a while :) Are you a Catholic?? Confused as to why you are defending Atheism
Defending atheism and defending truth are two different things. If you ever learn the difference, you wont be a fundie much longer.
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#46 Sep 12, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Furthermore, if the atheists start ragging on Catholics I'll argue the Eucharist is more important than gravity or air. Thing is, atheists don't rag on Catholics, fundies do, at which point atheists almost unanimously side with the Catholics but never, ever, with the fundies.
Fundamental Christians taught me to despise Catholics, but my own experience has taught me otherwise.
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#47 Sep 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
a whole lot more faith to say there is no God than to say there is.
Which god are we talking about? Just biblegod?
FSM

Calamvale, Australia

#48 Sep 12, 2012
Reality wrote:
Wayne just pulled ahead
Yet one has to wonder why Wayne didn't get a mention until the second page of this thread. I had my money on him from the start.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#49 Sep 12, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Fundamental Christians taught me to despise Catholics, but my own experience has taught me otherwise.
Ah, yes.
This brings back some memories for me. lol
I was taught to hate and distrust Catholics too, as a youngster.
Till I became friends with a couple of Catholics in school.
Even with the little I did learn from them about their faith, I found that it really was just ignorance and prejudiced opinions I had been taught.
Course, this can run both ways.
The Catholic family I had grown to know was also prejudiced against Protestants.:(
Their oldest daughter graduated high school and immediately married a local boy who was Baptist!
They disowned her and moved back to PA. It took years before reconciliation took place.
Yet, as for myself and my two Catholic friends, we weathered it all.
:)

Since: Dec 09

United States

#50 Sep 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to explain anything to someone who is convinced they are no more than an animal is futile.
Should someone convinced that being classified as mammals makes humans animals even be trying to explain anything to anyone else?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#51 Sep 13, 2012
Hi Angelina, good to see you. I'm well thanks. Just visiting for a while. The pull of Topix drags me back every now and again.

Location hidden

#52 Sep 13, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>If there be such a thing, I'm an ignostic agnostic atheistic Pastafarian.
Not a troll then :)

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

London, UK

#53 Sep 13, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>If there be such a thing, I'm an ignostic agnostic atheistic Pastafarian.
Just bring on the beer and pizza :-]

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#54 Sep 13, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi Angelina, good to see you. I'm well thanks. Just visiting for a while. The pull of Topix drags me back every now and again.
Glad you're OK. and I understand about the pull of topix. I stay away for a while but eventually get drawn back.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#55 Sep 13, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Just bring on the beer and pizza :-]
Wot! No wine and chocolate?
Oberktosa

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#57 Sep 13, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th Dalai Lama,
I was referring to Atheists.
As it says in Psalm 14:
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds."
Bill Gates is such a fool, a charitable fellow. His deeds don't seem so abominable.

Location hidden

#58 Sep 13, 2012
Oberktosa,

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot (and Hitler, yes he too was an atheist) were all atheists. Their deeds were abominable, and a direct result of their atheist philosophy.

Location hidden

#59 Sep 13, 2012
correction to post #58, Hitler was a theosophist and anti-Christian, not an Atheist

Roland_Deschain

London, UK

#60 Sep 13, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Oberktosa,
Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot (and Hitler, yes he too was an atheist) were all atheists. Their deeds were abominable, and a direct result of their atheist philosophy.
The people you refer to did the things they did in the name of their failed political ideologies, not in the name of atheism.

Anyway, I see you have decided to go with the name calling rather than opting for reason and logic. Are you going to get back to me with your definition of atheism and lists of atheist preachers and dogma?

Roland_Deschain

London, UK

#61 Sep 13, 2012
angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>Wot! No wine and chocolate?
Of course you can have wine and chocolate :-]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 13 min truth 1,069
Early Christianity 45 min Big Al 2,093
Another one joins our team ! 1 hr Barmsweb 45
News Police need more training on hate crime, says A... 1 hr ROG 5
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr Barmsweb 1,051
Is anal sex a sin between a man and a women ok? 15 hr Juanita12345 2
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 16 hr -WICKED ANGEL- 21,187
More from around the web