|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, I do not reject God and never have.
Wayne must have diarrhea today..

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know the whole time I've been commenting I've only seen you commenting by degrading any comment made by those who don't share your beliefs. I have yet to see you use any evidence to support your own claims. Every comment that is made you simply laugh and treat it as rubbish. You seem to be the most close-minded person on this forum. You call yourself a "big dog" but I've only seen a little dog with a big bark.
You are making up stuff.
Troth never shares his beliefs.
Troth does discuss important issues and Troth does expose many of the posters round here for who/what they really are.
You need to read more carefully.
And, you are new here; many of the regular posters here know one another fairly well now, for over 4-5 years so far. You have a lot of catching up to do before you start being critical.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, I didn't know this.
Typical fundie for sure!!
Yep.. just live native.. gots to go over to another subject 'forum' and inject your arrogance..

Our little youngster here couldnt resist!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

live=like

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm sorry you feel that way about religion. Well lets see...
I think those who are homosexuals do commit a sin. Do I hate them? No. Are they humans just like you and I? Yes. Am I completely intolerant? No I am very tolerant. I can't force them to match my beliefs, I can only hope and maybe convince but what they want us up to them. It's not my place.
On abortion I do think it is acceptable ONLY on cases such as if there could be harm to the mother or child. As for rape and/or incest that is a tougher subject that I find subjective. For teen pregnancies and unwanted children I think that's irresponsible and I don't condone it. But again I can't force them to do what I want them to.
On death penalty the Bible says "Eye for an eye" you probably know that one. Well that is not about revenge at all, rather its about levels of punishment. If a man murders then he has taken a life, something that can't be returned, then the person must have taken from him what can't be returned, HIS life. EXCEPT!! With today's government and judicial system I think the death penalty needs to be reduced because its is quite difficult, without indisputable proof, to convict a man to such a sentence. So I'm for using it yet only when it is 100% positive a man is guilty.
Do I think you should listen to what I say? Well obviously no, like I have plainly stated I am in no place to force you to do what you don't want to. I just simply want you to and want you to see that I'm coming from a completely tolerant point of view.
As for whether I think you're going to he'll for not believing in God? Well it's not a matter of believing in God. Satan and all his demons believe in God. There are supposed "Christians" who don't go to heaven. The basis behind that is recognizing that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that He came to the earth to be the final sacrifice so that we could go directly to God with our wrongdoings. So since I can tell you think all of that is nonsense I can infer you won't be believing that. So in my belief you will be going to hell. But please don't take that as "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!!!! >:O" I'm not trying to send you there not I do even want that for you or anyone but once AGAIN I can't force anything on you.
I hope at least through what I've said you see that it's not the religion that is corrupt, rather it is the mass of flawed humans who have distorted the belief of Christianity. That the religion I believe doesn't focus around the guilt and shame but rather the hope and redemption that wipes away all guilt and shame. I hope you see that I really am completely tolerant.
But WHY do you think homosexuality and abortion is a sin?

And as to:

"With today's government and judicial system I think the death penalty needs to be reduced because its is quite difficult, without indisputable proof, to convict a man to such a sentence."

You really need to spend some time studying the U.S. "death penalty" issue much deeper. It is sickening how they they railroad innocent people onto death row.

Since: Oct 12

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, your whole schtick of attempting to sound like you're 'old and wise' is failing miserably.
Son, we can read right thru it. I love it when those who are exposed for their baloney attempt to accuse the 'exposer' of being 'closed minded'.. the hypocrisy must be a learned thing in the baptist church!
Actually hypocrisy is something learned in every church. We're all hypocrites. If we weren't that would have to mean that we would have to be absolutely perfect, which I'm most definitely not. And I don't claim to be wise or have all the answers, because I don't, I came to find insight but you have failed to present any form of evidence. Instead you seem to go off topic with some pretentious rant on how all religion is a crock and then it seems to end there with no further explanation. Then I assume you pat yourself on the back for another job well done of once again avoiding conflict through obnoxious satire, a class clown if you wil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk again on the swamps of Florida. lol
Speaking of drunk, tell us the story again about your drunken car crash down >>>THREE<<< 500' cliffs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.soul-awakening.com/philosophy/inde...
Coming from the conviction that we are spirits inhabiting flesh and blood for an earth experience, and realising that nothing can separate us from Source, The Godhead, Logos or any of the myriad names for The Divine Creator, it is my desire to share with you these articles in the hope that you will find something among the pages that will inspire, comfort or assist you on your own walk.
Nope, still not interested in your new religion.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually hypocrisy is something learned in every church. We're all hypocrites. If we weren't that would have to mean that we would have to be absolutely perfect, which I'm most definitely not. And I don't claim to be wise or have all the answers, because I don't, I came to find insight but you have failed to present any form of evidence. Instead you seem to go off topic with some pretentious rant on how all religion is a crock and then it seems to end there with no further explanation. Then I assume you pat yourself on the back for another job well done of once again avoiding conflict through obnoxious satire, a class clown if you wil.
Perhaps you will end up being a politician. I see the makings for one.
Troth doesn't play patty cake; Troth goes right to the heart of the matter right away. I like that.
Fact is, Troth spend his career defending YOUR right to sit at your computer and rant on about him.
I have great respect for such a person.
Let's get back to the subject of you, shall we?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really seeking 'insight', sit up straight and listen for a change. You just might find out why you have been labeled a 'fundie'.

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Jordan, if you don't mind, I would like to just touch on a few things here.
Doing good works flows from simply being a Christian; it is a part of what one strives to be, to become in being a Christian. Not 'works' because you are 'suppose to', but because it just becomes a part of who you are becoming.
There is absolutely no sin in being the sexual orientation you are; your sexual orientation is just a part of who you are, who God made you to be. And, this is not a choice at all, it is natural.
Being a Christian or a Jew or a Hindu or a Muslim or an atheist are all rights of those folks. Freedom! I love that freedom. If you wish to share your beliefs, that is great; lots of posters will share THEIRS with you too.
As for abortion, I personally support the RIGHT of any woman who chooses one. Why? Because it is legal; it is THEIR choice to make for themselves, not mine to make for them, and their choice is between them and God.
As for the Baptist faith, I was reared as a Southern Baptist but converted to Catholicism as an adult.
No church has everything completely 'right'; there are truths within all faiths all over the world. God put them there!
As for Troth going to hell according to your church/faith...that is bulls**t.
You sound like many Baptists I know...'you HAVE to believe the same way I do or you are going to hell'. I remember several years ago a Southern Baptist preacher in my state, Alabama, predicted that only about 28% of Alabamians were going to heaven. Of course, he and his congregation were among the 'saved'.
I agree with you for the most part. On homosexuality I do not, but unless I wasn't clear, I don't believe it's my place so they are most certainly free to do what they want. Abortion against yes it is legal, therefore those women who do it have a legal right to. I'm not at all trying to stop them, just stating that I don't agree. Touching on the Baptist thing, that is the denomination in which I was raised. I agree with it on some points but not on all, I do plan on finding another denomination but I have yet to learn enough about ALL of them to determine which seems to make the most sense. And on good works, I stated that I was taught to do them for the exact reason you said, not because I'm supposed to but rather since I'm Christian I should feel the want to. Again on those who don't believe in salvation by grace through fair (churchy sounding I know but that's just for lack of a better way of putting it) going to hell that's my belief and I'm not a stereotypical mega conservative baptist standing on a soap box telling people that God hates them an they're burning forever. I don't want that for anyone. And I'm just stating my beliefs, not forcing them on anyone because like you said we all have that freedom which is great.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
We actually in the curriculum we're taught that it's the DEFENSE of the faith. Not to be used to go out and discredit other religions, rather to use to stand by your own beliefs when others are asking questions. And also I certainly am not taught to hate those religions. And I most certainly do not hate them. Does any of that sound unfair?
You can whitewash it all you want, but you are only being brainwashed to discredit/hate the "OTHER" religious beliefs.

You should be able to "defend" your beliefs upon their own merits, not studying "OTHER" beliefs to discredit/hate them. For if someone asks you questions about your religion, you should be able to honestly answer them in the context of your religion, not by attacking "OTHER" religions.

Speaking of questions, what conclusive proof have you ever demanded to see, and receive, that proves beyond any doubt, that your bible is the "word" of your "god"?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

JordanUTT wrote:
And I don't claim to be wise or have all the answers, because I don't,
Thats funny.. that's exactly 180 degrees off your posts in the atheist forum! Yep, I went over there after seeing that you had posted there just to follow the discussion.. You aren't "looking for insight' are you? Nope not at all..........

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>But you need to realize that people without your religious beliefs do good works because they WANT to. Whereas you Christians do good works because you feel you HAVE to, to appease your "god", BIG difference.

The real God will judge >>>ALL<<< souls upon their thoughts and actions. There is no free pass due to religious beliefs.
Well actually I've stated this previously, many people may believe that since I'm Christian I HAVE to do good works. No it's through what I believe that I want to do good works. Yes many people outside the Christian faith do good, I never said that ONLY Christians can do good things.
Sola Scriptura

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Jordan,
Please provide chapter and verse where God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION"!
I don't want you to use Romans, 1Corinthians or Leviticus because those scriptures have already been discussed and debunked.
By the way, what is between the quotation marks "" is what I'm asking you to find.
Thanks!
No, they have NOT been debunked except by liberal homosexuals. They don't count.
Sola Scriptura

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, I do not reject God and never have.
You reject His Word and try to say there is another path to salvation. You are a liar.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you for the most part. On homosexuality I do not, but unless I wasn't clear, I don't believe it's my place so they are most certainly free to do what they want.
What the hell did Nettie explain to you regarding that issue?
Yes, you are UNEDUCATED and stubbornly stupid.
Answer the questions posed by "Star". Lets flush out your bull!
I want to actually hang you on your lack of education and your baptist bullcrap! Cause thats where this is goin! You have NO educational facts so you go running back to the bullcrap your preacher taught you.

Oh, you are like a duck in a bucket! Way too easy!

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>But WHY do you think homosexuality and abortion is a sin?

And as to:

"With today's government and judicial system I think the death penalty needs to be reduced because its is quite difficult, without indisputable proof, to convict a man to such a sentence."

You really need to spend some time studying the U.S. "death penalty" issue much deeper. It is sickening how they they railroad innocent people onto death row.
Yeah on the death penalty issue I do know about all the innocent people on death row. We've gone over it in my government courses. What I was trying to say that some of those people do not deserve the death penalty because there is a possibility that they might be innocent. Any fraction, a .01% chance of innocence is enough for me to say they don't deserve it. The death penalty is an extreme punishment that should only be used in cases where there is literally absolutely no evidence of their innocence.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Jordan,
Please provide chapter and verse where God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION"!
I don't want you to use Romans, 1Corinthians or Leviticus because those scriptures have already been discussed and debunked.
By the way, what is between the quotation marks "" is what I'm asking you to find.
Thanks!
Notice how the little fundie punk has ignored this at ALL costs?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they have NOT been debunked except by liberal homosexuals. They don't count.
Go change your diapers diaperboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of659
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 11 min -Lea- 77,429
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 39 min Rose_NoHo 5,874
++++++++ MESSAGE to CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++++++ 1 hr Flygerian 105
Who or what is the Son of Man 1 hr Flygerian 481
Who Believes The Planet Is 6000 Years Old? 2 hr Gary Coaldigger 28
Do right. 3 hr Thinking 1
Mormons are cool 3 hr Thinking 41
•••
•••