Who is the dumbest Fundie on Topix?
Sola Scriptura

United States

#269 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>The 'boy'? LMAO.. he's old enough to die for his country, he's old enough to vote.. he's old enough to know.. And dont insult him by calling him a 'boy'.........
If he thinks he can run with the big dogs, he must learn to piss in the tall trees.(oh yeah I forgot.. you cant do that!)
Old enough to die for his country but can't buy a beer. That's another whole story though.

He's a bigger dog than YOU will ever be, boy.

Since: Oct 12

High Point, NC

#270 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>The 'boy'? LMAO.. he's old enough to die for his country, he's old enough to vote.. he's old enough to know.. And dont insult him by calling him a 'boy'.........
If he thinks he can run with the big dogs, he must learn to piss in the tall trees.(oh yeah I forgot.. you cant do that!)
Ya know the whole time I've been commenting I've only seen you commenting by degrading any comment made by those who don't share your beliefs. I have yet to see you use any evidence to support your own claims. Every comment that is made you simply laugh and treat it as rubbish. You seem to be the most close-minded person on this forum. You call yourself a "big dog" but I've only seen a little dog with a big bark.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#271 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that you, of all people, could relate!
Troth, when I was his age, I was much like him.
:)
So, yes, I know where he is coming from and how he got there.

By the grace of God, I have learned and grown.
And, I am thankful for that.
Sola Scriptura

United States

#272 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that you, of all people, could relate!
Well, Nettie used to be a baptist that bashed catholics and now she is a catholic that bashes baptists.

Yeah boy, she can relate all right. LMAO
Sola Scriptura

United States

#273 Oct 27, 2012
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are studying "apologetics (defense of the Christian faith) in which we strictly study OTHER beliefs such as Secular Humanism, Pantheism, Islam, Postmodernism, and etc.", then you are not really studying "OTHER" beliefs. You are just being brainwashed to discredit/hate those "OTHER" beliefs.
http://www.soul-awakening.com/philosophy/inde...

Coming from the conviction that we are spirits inhabiting flesh and blood for an earth experience, and realising that nothing can separate us from Source, The Godhead, Logos or any of the myriad names for The Divine Creator, it is my desire to share with you these articles in the hope that you will find something among the pages that will inspire, comfort or assist you on your own walk.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#274 Oct 27, 2012
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm sorry you feel that way about religion. Well lets see...
I think those who are homosexuals do commit a sin. Do I hate them? No.
Jordan,
Please provide chapter and verse where God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION"!

I don't want you to use Romans, 1Corinthians or Leviticus because those scriptures have already been discussed and debunked.

By the way, what is between the quotation marks "" is what I'm asking you to find.

Thanks!

Since: Oct 12

High Point, NC

#275 Oct 27, 2012
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>If you are studying "apologetics (defense of the Christian faith) in which we strictly study OTHER beliefs such as Secular Humanism, Pantheism, Islam, Postmodernism, and etc.", then you are not really studying "OTHER" beliefs. You are just being brainwashed to discredit/hate those "OTHER" beliefs.
We actually in the curriculum we're taught that it's the DEFENSE of the faith. Not to be used to go out and discredit other religions, rather to use to stand by your own beliefs when others are asking questions. And also I certainly am not taught to hate those religions. And I most certainly do not hate them. Does any of that sound unfair?
Sola Scriptura

United States

#276 Oct 27, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Troth, when I was his age, I was much like him.
No, by your rejection of God you have regressed and gotten smaller, much like Trough.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#277 Oct 27, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Troth, when I was his age, I was much like him.
You should see the crap he's spewing on the 'atheist forum'..
yep! typical.. "lets go trash the atheists, lets arrogantly profess we are the only 'right' and everyone else is wrong" <--right out of the fundie baptist bullshit playbook!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#278 Oct 27, 2012
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are studying "apologetics (defense of the Christian faith) in which we strictly study OTHER beliefs such as Secular Humanism, Pantheism, Islam, Postmodernism, and etc.", then you are not really studying "OTHER" beliefs. You are just being brainwashed to discredit/hate those "OTHER" beliefs.
Bingo!

and the lipstick is not covering it well!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#279 Oct 27, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Jordan,
Please provide chapter and verse where God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION"!
I don't want you to use Romans, 1Corinthians or Leviticus because those scriptures have already been discussed and debunked.
By the way, what is between the quotation marks "" is what I'm asking you to find.
Thanks!
He can't.. his 'preacher' told/taught him that crap!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#280 Oct 27, 2012
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what preachers you've been talking to because everything I've been taught goes against "hating" anything. Based on this I can only presume your only image of Christians is those who are against everything and claim everything is a sin and preach hellfire and brimstone. Because the Bible I've been reading teaches me to do good works. Which is in accordance with treating other a with respect and helping the less fortunate/elderly etc.
And on your subjects of my beliefs. Yes I do believe abortion is wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm standing outside the clinics waving signs saying "God hates you!!" Because He most certainly doesn't and neither do I. A woman who gets an abortion, in my eyes has just simply done wrong. You know who else does wrong??...everyone else! I do wrong too. It's only whether we move on and ask God for forgiveness, which if they do or don't do I don't judge them because that's not my place.
And regarding homosexuality I believe that is wrong as well. Again never have I ever waved a sign that says "God hates fags!!" Because once again that in itself is just as bad as committing homosexuality. People will claim that since I'm against homosexuality I'm completely intolerant. That is most certainly not the case at all. It is only due to the fact I don't condone it that I AM tolerant. Tolerance is defined as putting up with something you dot necessarily agree with. I even have an aunt who is homosexual. I believe she is wrong in her choice but I love her no less and I can't, nor do I try, to force her to change her ways. I just simply hope she will.
I don't see how any of what I just stated comes across as disrespectful. Yet, I find that YOU telling ME what I believe based on your generalization of what you think Christianity is, is a little bold and harsh. I mean don't you think? Wouldn't you dislike it if I tried to tell YOU what atheism and blatantly try to spell it out as a crock? I've never been an atheist so I am definitely am in no position to claim it's falsehood. This whole time I've only desired answers and knowledge and insight into what exactly the Atheist beliefs of the origins and workings of the world and what their worldview is. Because I don't fathom how it is supposed to work. Now if I am being intolerant please do let me know.
And finally on a grammar/spelling related note, it is supposed to be *bologna*
Jordan, if you don't mind, I would like to just touch on a few things here.
Doing good works flows from simply being a Christian; it is a part of what one strives to be, to become in being a Christian. Not 'works' because you are 'suppose to', but because it just becomes a part of who you are becoming.
There is absolutely no sin in being the sexual orientation you are; your sexual orientation is just a part of who you are, who God made you to be. And, this is not a choice at all, it is natural.
Being a Christian or a Jew or a Hindu or a Muslim or an atheist are all rights of those folks. Freedom! I love that freedom. If you wish to share your beliefs, that is great; lots of posters will share THEIRS with you too.
As for abortion, I personally support the RIGHT of any woman who chooses one. Why? Because it is legal; it is THEIR choice to make for themselves, not mine to make for them, and their choice is between them and God.
As for the Baptist faith, I was reared as a Southern Baptist but converted to Catholicism as an adult.
No church has everything completely 'right'; there are truths within all faiths all over the world. God put them there!
As for Troth going to hell according to your church/faith...that is bulls**t.
You sound like many Baptists I know...'you HAVE to believe the same way I do or you are going to hell'. I remember several years ago a Southern Baptist preacher in my state, Alabama, predicted that only about 28% of Alabamians were going to heaven. Of course, he and his congregation were among the 'saved'.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#281 Oct 27, 2012
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know the whole time I've been commenting I've only seen you commenting by degrading any comment made by those who don't share your beliefs. I have yet to see you use any evidence to support your own claims. Every comment that is made you simply laugh and treat it as rubbish. You seem to be the most close-minded person on this forum. You call yourself a "big dog" but I've only seen a little dog with a big bark.
Ya know, your whole schtick of attempting to sound like you're 'old and wise' is failing miserably.
Son, we can read right thru it. I love it when those who are exposed for their baloney attempt to accuse the 'exposer' of being 'closed minded'.. the hypocrisy must be a learned thing in the baptist church!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#282 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>You should see the crap he's spewing on the 'atheist forum'..
yep! typical.. "lets go trash the atheists, lets arrogantly profess we are the only 'right' and everyone else is wrong" <--right out of the fundie baptist bullshit playbook!
Ahhh, I didn't know this.

Typical fundie for sure!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#283 Oct 27, 2012
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what preachers you've been talking to because everything I've been taught goes against "hating" anything. Based on this I can only presume your only image of Christians is those who are against everything and claim everything is a sin and preach hellfire and brimstone. Because the Bible I've been reading teaches me to do good works. Which is in accordance with treating other a with respect and helping the less fortunate/elderly etc.
And on your subjects of my beliefs. Yes I do believe abortion is wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm standing outside the clinics waving signs saying "God hates you!!" Because He most certainly doesn't and neither do I. A woman who gets an abortion, in my eyes has just simply done wrong. You know who else does wrong??...everyone else! I do wrong too. It's only whether we move on and ask God for forgiveness, which if they do or don't do I don't judge them because that's not my place.
And regarding homosexuality I believe that is wrong as well. Again never have I ever waved a sign that says "God hates fags!!" Because once again that in itself is just as bad as committing homosexuality. People will claim that since I'm against homosexuality I'm completely intolerant. That is most certainly not the case at all. It is only due to the fact I don't condone it that I AM tolerant. Tolerance is defined as putting up with something you dot necessarily agree with. I even have an aunt who is homosexual. I believe she is wrong in her choice but I love her no less and I can't, nor do I try, to force her to change her ways. I just simply hope she will.
I don't see how any of what I just stated comes across as disrespectful. Yet, I find that YOU telling ME what I believe based on your generalization of what you think Christianity is, is a little bold and harsh. I mean don't you think? Wouldn't you dislike it if I tried to tell YOU what atheism and blatantly try to spell it out as a crock? I've never been an atheist so I am definitely am in no position to claim it's falsehood. This whole time I've only desired answers and knowledge and insight into what exactly the Atheist beliefs of the origins and workings of the world and what their worldview is. Because I don't fathom how it is supposed to work. Now if I am being intolerant please do let me know.
And finally on a grammar/spelling related note, it is supposed to be *bologna*
But you need to realize that people without your religious beliefs do good works because they WANT to. Whereas you Christians do good works because you feel you HAVE to, to appease your "god", BIG difference.

The real God will judge >>>ALL<<< souls upon their thoughts and actions. There is no free pass due to religious beliefs.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#284 Oct 27, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by your rejection of God you have regressed and gotten smaller, much like Trough.
Wayne, I do not reject God and never have.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#285 Oct 27, 2012
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>He can't.. his 'preacher' told/taught him that crap!
Along with the instilled fear that, if you question any of it, you are condemning yourself to hell.
Yep.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#286 Oct 27, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Old enough to die for his country but can't buy a beer. That's another whole story though.
He's a bigger dog than YOU will ever be, boy.
Big tough guy huh.. stuck in that chair callin folks 'boy' hiding behind that puter in a soiled diaper..
Pathetic.. Arnold Murray would be proud of you..
kissed his feet yet today?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#287 Oct 27, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Along with the instilled fear that, if you question any of it, you are condemning yourself to hell.
Yep.
Correct!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#288 Oct 27, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, I do not reject God and never have.
Wayne must have diarrhea today..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What If God Was Non-Existent? 4 hr Seentheotherside 78
Why did Christ come to Earth? 4 hr Seentheotherside 807
The Moral Failure Of Christians 5 hr Seentheotherside 327
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 5 hr Seentheotherside 1,371
The Apostle Paul... 5 hr misbehaved 3
1 Corinthians 11: 4-5 6 hr misbehaved 13
My skepticism about how the idea of 'evil' desi... 6 hr misbehaved 2
More from around the web