Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
But what I've been raised to believe through my religion is that one SHOULD "treat others with manners and respect us common sense, help the less fotunate and elderly" so then what is so wrong with my religion? I'm confused. I don't go around preaching hellfire and brimstone....I'm not to different than your average guy on the street. What makes me so insane?
You were raised Baptist.. you admitted that..
You have NO idea what "treat others with manners and respect us common sense, help the less fotunate and elderly" means..
There's an entire LIST you pissant preachers told/taught you to hate..
Sorry, but NO one is buying your baloney!
Lipstick on the pig only makes it look more ridiculous!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

MRSMURPHY wrote:
Jordon, what is your honest opinion about homosexuals? Do you think woman have the right to choose what to do with their bodies concerning unwanted pregnancies? What about the death penalty? What makes you think I as a non christian should listen to your rhetoric? Am I going to hell in your opinion because I do not believe in your god? Even though I live a decent clean honest life and have donated and volunteered all my life. Religion is a weapon used to control the masses with quilt and shame.
"Religion is a weapon used to control the masses with quilt and shame."

You know, I agree with this in so many ways.

Since: Oct 12

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>You were raised Baptist.. you admitted that..
You have NO idea what "treat others with manners and respect us common sense, help the less fotunate and elderly" means..
There's an entire LIST you pissant preachers told/taught you to hate..
Sorry, but NO one is buying your baloney!
Lipstick on the pig only makes it look more ridiculous!
I don't know what preachers you've been talking to because everything I've been taught goes against "hating" anything. Based on this I can only presume your only image of Christians is those who are against everything and claim everything is a sin and preach hellfire and brimstone. Because the Bible I've been reading teaches me to do good works. Which is in accordance with treating other a with respect and helping the less fortunate/elderly etc.

And on your subjects of my beliefs. Yes I do believe abortion is wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm standing outside the clinics waving signs saying "God hates you!!" Because He most certainly doesn't and neither do I. A woman who gets an abortion, in my eyes has just simply done wrong. You know who else does wrong??...everyone else! I do wrong too. It's only whether we move on and ask God for forgiveness, which if they do or don't do I don't judge them because that's not my place.

And regarding homosexuality I believe that is wrong as well. Again never have I ever waved a sign that says "God hates fags!!" Because once again that in itself is just as bad as committing homosexuality. People will claim that since I'm against homosexuality I'm completely intolerant. That is most certainly not the case at all. It is only due to the fact I don't condone it that I AM tolerant. Tolerance is defined as putting up with something you dot necessarily agree with. I even have an aunt who is homosexual. I believe she is wrong in her choice but I love her no less and I can't, nor do I try, to force her to change her ways. I just simply hope she will.

I don't see how any of what I just stated comes across as disrespectful. Yet, I find that YOU telling ME what I believe based on your generalization of what you think Christianity is, is a little bold and harsh. I mean don't you think? Wouldn't you dislike it if I tried to tell YOU what atheism and blatantly try to spell it out as a crock? I've never been an atheist so I am definitely am in no position to claim it's falsehood. This whole time I've only desired answers and knowledge and insight into what exactly the Atheist beliefs of the origins and workings of the world and what their worldview is. Because I don't fathom how it is supposed to work. Now if I am being intolerant please do let me know.

And finally on a grammar/spelling related note, it is supposed to be *bologna*

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
But what I've been raised to believe through my religion is that one SHOULD "treat others with manners and respect us common sense, help the less fotunate and elderly" so then what is so wrong with my religion? I'm confused. I don't go around preaching hellfire and brimstone....I'm not to different than your average guy on the street. What makes me so insane?
But you don't need a religion to do that.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what preachers you've been talking to because everything I've been taught goes against "hating" anything. Based on this I can only presume your only image of Christians is those who are against everything and claim everything is a sin and preach hellfire and brimstone. Because the Bible I've been reading teaches me to do good works. Which is in accordance with treating other a with respect and helping the less fortunate/elderly etc.
And on your subjects of my beliefs. Yes I do believe abortion is wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm standing outside the clinics waving signs saying "God hates you!!" Because He most certainly doesn't and neither do I. A woman who gets an abortion, in my eyes has just simply done wrong. You know who else does wrong??...everyone else! I do wrong too. It's only whether we move on and ask God for forgiveness, which if they do or don't do I don't judge them because that's not my place.
And regarding homosexuality I believe that is wrong as well. Again never have I ever waved a sign that says "God hates fags!!" Because once again that in itself is just as bad as committing homosexuality. People will claim that since I'm against homosexuality I'm completely intolerant. That is most certainly not the case at all. It is only due to the fact I don't condone it that I AM tolerant. Tolerance is defined as putting up with something you dot necessarily agree with. I even have an aunt who is homosexual. I believe she is wrong in her choice but I love her no less and I can't, nor do I try, to force her to change her ways. I just simply hope she will.
I don't see how any of what I just stated comes across as disrespectful. Yet, I find that YOU telling ME what I believe based on your generalization of what you think Christianity is, is a little bold and harsh. I mean don't you think? Wouldn't you dislike it if I tried to tell YOU what atheism and blatantly try to spell it out as a crock? I've never been an atheist so I am definitely am in no position to claim it's falsehood. This whole time I've only desired answers and knowledge and insight into what exactly the Atheist beliefs of the origins and workings of the world and what their worldview is. Because I don't fathom how it is supposed to work. Now if I am being intolerant please do let me know.
Let me be REAL blunt here..
You are first off, an 18 yr old IDIOT! Yes I said IDIOT! Idiots are defined as "a foolish or stupid person" by merriam webster and most other dictionary!
Do not sit there and deny that the 'baptist church' does not teach 'hate'.. sorry son, but Ive been to TOO many churches in my 3 times your lifetime on this planet. Do pull that arrogant 18 child crap with me.
Secondly, I dont care what "others' do with "their" bodies or their families or their fornication byproducts. I do NOT 'butt' into the lives of others. You crap with abortion is a BAPTIST tenent and do0nt bullshit me otherwise.
Thirdly, you bullshit about your "aunt's CHOICE" destroyed ANY and ALL credibility you have whatsoever. Thats where you proved beyond ANY doubt that you are ignorant, uneducated, stupid and brainwashed. Yes son, I have lived in that backwards, hillbilly bible thumping infected cesspool called NC. For ten years I saw/ watched and observed how you "baptist" asswipes have treated blacks and minorities in that state. It was disgusting and coming from California, I was embarrassed to wave an American Flag in that state.
And fourthly,
Go look up the DICTIONARY definition of BALONEY.. Punk!
Take your 18 yr old punk azz and shove it.. got it?

And who the hell said i was an atheist? Is that what all you baptist asses immediately think when someone doesn't cow-tow to their bullshit?
Yep! typical baptist asshole! Remind ya Nettie of anyone?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
(edited out/deleted the 18 yrs olds arrogance and lack of educated response.)
Really? I think The dictionary says others wise punk!

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

MRSMURPHY wrote:
Jordon, what is your honest opinion about homosexuals? Do you think woman have the right to choose what to do with their bodies concerning unwanted pregnancies? What about the death penalty? What makes you think I as a non christian should listen to your rhetoric? Am I going to hell in your opinion because I do not believe in your god? Even though I live a decent clean honest life and have donated and volunteered all my life. Religion is a weapon used to control the masses with quilt and shame.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way about religion. Well lets see...

I think those who are homosexuals do commit a sin. Do I hate them? No. Are they humans just like you and I? Yes. Am I completely intolerant? No I am very tolerant. I can't force them to match my beliefs, I can only hope and maybe convince but what they want us up to them. It's not my place.

On abortion I do think it is acceptable ONLY on cases such as if there could be harm to the mother or child. As for rape and/or incest that is a tougher subject that I find subjective. For teen pregnancies and unwanted children I think that's irresponsible and I don't condone it. But again I can't force them to do what I want them to.

On death penalty the Bible says "Eye for an eye" you probably know that one. Well that is not about revenge at all, rather its about levels of punishment. If a man murders then he has taken a life, something that can't be returned, then the person must have taken from him what can't be returned, HIS life. EXCEPT!! With today's government and judicial system I think the death penalty needs to be reduced because its is quite difficult, without indisputable proof, to convict a man to such a sentence. So I'm for using it yet only when it is 100% positive a man is guilty.

Do I think you should listen to what I say? Well obviously no, like I have plainly stated I am in no place to force you to do what you don't want to. I just simply want you to and want you to see that I'm coming from a completely tolerant point of view.

As for whether I think you're going to he'll for not believing in God? Well it's not a matter of believing in God. Satan and all his demons believe in God. There are supposed "Christians" who don't go to heaven. The basis behind that is recognizing that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that He came to the earth to be the final sacrifice so that we could go directly to God with our wrongdoings. So since I can tell you think all of that is nonsense I can infer you won't be believing that. So in my belief you will be going to hell. But please don't take that as "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!!!! >:O" I'm not trying to send you there not I do even want that for you or anyone but once AGAIN I can't force anything on you.

I hope at least through what I've said you see that it's not the religion that is corrupt, rather it is the mass of flawed humans who have distorted the belief of Christianity. That the religion I believe doesn't focus around the guilt and shame but rather the hope and redemption that wipes away all guilt and shame. I hope you see that I really am completely tolerant.

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I think The dictionary says others wise punk!
Umm....alright??....
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Let me be REAL blunt here..
You are first off, an 18 yr old IDIOT! Yes I said IDIOT! Idiots are defined as "a foolish or stupid person" by merriam webster and most other dictionary!
Do not sit there and deny that the 'baptist church' does not teach 'hate'.. sorry son, but Ive been to TOO many churches in my 3 times your lifetime on this planet. Do pull that arrogant 18 child crap with me.
Secondly, I dont care what "others' do with "their" bodies or their families or their fornication byproducts. I do NOT 'butt' into the lives of others. You crap with abortion is a BAPTIST tenent and do0nt bullshit me otherwise.
Thirdly, you bullshit about your "aunt's CHOICE" destroyed ANY and ALL credibility you have whatsoever. Thats where you proved beyond ANY doubt that you are ignorant, uneducated, stupid and brainwashed. Yes son, I have lived in that backwards, hillbilly bible thumping infected cesspool called NC. For ten years I saw/ watched and observed how you "baptist" asswipes have treated blacks and minorities in that state. It was disgusting and coming from California, I was embarrassed to wave an American Flag in that state.
And fourthly,
And who the hell said i was an atheist? Is that what all you baptist asses immediately think when someone doesn't cow-tow to their bullshit?
Drunk again on the swamps of Florida. lol

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Yep you ARE a dumb fundie! Own it! For an 18 yr old, wallow in your bigoted uneducated intolerant hateful lifestyle.. and oh btw, THAT is a CHOICE you made.
Wear the fundie label with arrogant pride! No one is buyin you BALONEY!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk again on the swamps of Florida. lol
Has your wife changed your diapers yet today, hillbilly?
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Has your wife changed your diapers yet today, hillbilly?
I know why you hate me, Trough and I don't give a shit.

Why pick on the boy though? He ain't done a thing to you that I see.

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
Yep you ARE a dumb fundie! Own it! For an 18 yr old, wallow in your bigoted uneducated intolerant hateful lifestyle.. and oh btw, THAT is a CHOICE you made.
Wear the fundie label with arrogant pride! No one is buyin you BALONEY!

Where did I say something bigoted? When was a I hateful? When was I not educated? As far as I'm concerned it is the law for me to have an education. For you to assume these things about me when you refuse to accept my lifestyle as being perfectly harmless is completely intolerant and bigoted.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Let me be REAL blunt here..
And fourthly,
Yes, it surely does, Troth!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
1,500 animal species practice homosexuality.Sounds like god plan to me.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say something bigoted? When was a I hateful? When was I not educated? As far as I'm concerned it is the law for me to have an education. For you to assume these things about me when you refuse to accept my lifestyle as being perfectly harmless is completely intolerant and bigoted.
What a load of dung. You read what I posted.. and I mean exactly what I said.
Putting lipstick on your pig only makes it look more pathetic.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why you hate me, Trough and I don't give a shit.
Why pick on the boy though? He ain't done a thing to you that I see.
The 'boy'? LMAO.. he's old enough to die for his country, he's old enough to vote.. he's old enough to know.. And dont insult him by calling him a 'boy'.........
If he thinks he can run with the big dogs, he must learn to piss in the tall trees.(oh yeah I forgot.. you cant do that!)
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
1,500 animal species practice homosexuality.Sounds like god plan to me.
Except we're not animals. Well, some of us aren't.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it surely does, Troth!
I figured that you, of all people, could relate!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well any of it.
I don't "Half spout scriptures I don't understand" you can please hold me to it. One must not use a single verse to prove a point. There MUST be context. I feel I do a good job of studying the scripture of the Bible and admit there are parts that I dot fully understand due to not being alive long enough to study it thoroughly
I'm 18 and I don't claim the idiotic idea of "Non-Denominational" which is just in itself a denomination. I was raised Baptist but I'm not quite sure which denomination fits best with the Bible, again because I haven't had time to study them all
And I find myself to be completely tolerant, as long as we're talking about the REAL definition of tolerant, and I do try to study other cultures/religions. In fact one of my courses in school is apologetics (defense of the Christian faith) in which we strictly study OTHER beliefs such as Secular Humanism, Pantheism, Islam, Postmodernism, and etc.
So in all fairness I don't really think myself should be considered what you guys define as "a fundie" yet I'm still a Trinitarian Monotheistic Christian.
If you are studying "apologetics (defense of the Christian faith) in which we strictly study OTHER beliefs such as Secular Humanism, Pantheism, Islam, Postmodernism, and etc.", then you are not really studying "OTHER" beliefs. You are just being brainwashed to discredit/hate those "OTHER" beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••