Who is the dumbest Fundie on Topix?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 35
Next Last
Reality

Madison, WI

#1 Sep 12, 2012
I have it as a toss up between Native and Allen Richards. What say you?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2 Sep 12, 2012
Allowences must be made for Native's claim of some sort of brain trauma.

Allen.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3 Sep 12, 2012
If allowance be made for functional illiteracy, preacherman, wayne and nijoni are out and even allen is kind of iffy.

Who knows what's up with Cliff and Job, and Jesus Freak is just a freak.

It keeps coming back to Allen.
What

Ava, MO

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Well as Jesus said "The tree is known by it's fruit." And you ungodly show your father Satan's fruit plain and simple. A liar and deceiver from the beginning, and accuser of the breathren. Poor slost souls.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 12, 2012
The dumbest fundies are the ones that say "There is no God" :)

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Plural? Who says that beside Rose?

Perhaps you're referring to Biblegod.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 12, 2012
Hi 15th Dalai Lama,

I was referring to Atheists.

As it says in Psalm 14:

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds."

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

London, UK

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Looks like you need to be added to the list.

Fundie.

"1) Abbreviation of "fundamentalist";

2) Often a sola scriptura non-denominational born-again Christian;

3) Self-proclaimed "Jesus Freak" who spouts half-understood scripture at the drop of a hat;

4) General term for any teenage/preteen "pop" Christian who shows an extraordinary lack of tolerance/understanding for other religions (including any other denomination of Christianity);

there is a hell and anyone who doesnt accept Jesus as there personal savor is going there!!!!11! i'll pray 4 u!!!1!!! "

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th Dalai Lama,
I was referring to Atheists.
As it says in Psalm 14:
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds."
I know exactly what you were referring to. Atheist are no more corrupt and abominiable than anyone else, probably less so.

Furthermore, atheists don't say 'there is no god', except Rose. If they say anything at all they say 'there is probably no god' or 'it makes no difference to me'.

Fundies, especially the dumb ones, say there absolutly is a god, though they can't know that, and go on to threaten people they don't like with their own particular god.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Hi Roland, atheism has its own set of dogmas and its own preachers who hold their beliefs just as firmly as religious people do. This is why the words fundamentalist or "fundy" and dogma, can just as easily be applied to the fundamentalist dogma of atheism.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 12, 2012
Hi 15th, not been here for a while :) Are you a Catholic?? Confused as to why you are defending Atheism

Roland_Deschain

London, UK

#12 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi Roland, atheism has its own set of dogmas and its own preachers who hold their beliefs just as firmly as religious people do. This is why the words fundamentalist or "fundy" and dogma, can just as easily be applied to the fundamentalist dogma of atheism.
I have a suggestion. Rather than us name calling let's try having a polite, reasoned and logical disussion.

Do you actually understand what atheism is / is not? Are you able to provide a definition? If so would you please do so. IMHO it's extremely important to undertsand someone's position if one wishes to comment accurately on it. Can you also provide details of the dogmas and preachers you are talking about?

Thank you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#13 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th, not been here for a while :) Are you a Catholic?? Confused as to why you are defending Atheism
Just being fair. It's really kind of tough to debate anything if you don't understand both sides of the argument.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi Pilgrim, nice to see you back here. Hope you are well.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me that some people think belief and disbelief are the same thing. The next time you are inclined to call atheism a religion, consider the poor leprechauns.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#16 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Furthermore, if the atheists start ragging on Catholics I'll argue the Eucharist is more important than gravity or air. Thing is, atheists don't rag on Catholics, fundies do, at which point atheists almost unanimously side with the Catholics but never, ever, with the fundies.

Roland_Deschain

London, UK

#17 Sep 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi 15th Dalai Lama,
1) The heart is a PUMP. It moves blood round the body. It is not capable of emotion, feeling or thought.

2) Why is someone corrupt just because they do not believe the same things you do?

3) "With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion" - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steven_Weinberg
Sola Scriptura

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Sep 12, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It never ceases to amaze me that some people think belief and disbelief are the same thing. The next time you are inclined to call atheism a religion, consider the poor leprechauns.
Disbelief is just as much a religion as belief is, even more so. It takes a whole lot more to say there is no God than to believe there is a God. Atheists and smug humanists have a whole universe to explain away and do a very poor job of doing it.
Sola Scriptura

Clarksburg, WV

#19 Sep 12, 2012
a whole lot more faith to say there is no God than to say there is.
Sola Scriptura

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Sep 12, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The heart is a PUMP. It moves blood round the body. It is not capable of emotion, feeling or thought.
2) Why is someone corrupt just because they do not believe the same things you do?
3) "With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion" - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steven_Weinberg
You just have no concept of figures of speech, do you? Heart in this instance means mind. So what is being said is, "The fool in his mind says there is no God."

And it isn't just because you do not believe as believers do that makes you corrupt. It's that you do NOT believe in God.

Steven Weinberg is a idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 12 min DrSCIENCE 84
failed prophecies 52 min Big Al 584
Turns Out 1 hr DrSCIENCE 171
Forum has gone to the dogs 1 hr DrSCIENCE 55
Early Christianity 1 hr DrSCIENCE 1,279
Intelligent People Question Everything 1 hr Gary coaldigger 2,335
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 10 hr Le Monde 1,350
More from around the web