Why don't atheist and skeptics make a...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3596 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you upset if someone wants to keep slaves if morality is relative? Just because you feel its wrong for you does not mean its wrong for someone else. After all, morality is relative. Right?
F- you, TROLL. Explained to you a dozen times already. And it isn't that hard to understand, if you are above, say, the 5th grade level.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3597 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you upset if someone wants to keep slaves if morality is relative? Just because you feel its wrong for you does not mean its wrong for someone else. After all, morality is relative. Right?
Society has deemed it wrong. For the most part most of the civilized world has deemed it wrong.

Will humanity at some point in the future switch course? It might. Doesnt mean I, or others wont think it still wrong. As did many people during the hey-days of slavery!

Stop mashing things up you dumbas$. You the individual might think X is OK, but society says otherwise. And if you're caught, who wins?

Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3598 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any "things" we as a society deem illegal, immoral, etc - that you do not agree with?

Are there?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3599 Jan 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Society has deemed it wrong. For the most part most of the civilized world has deemed it wrong.
Will humanity at some point in the future switch course? It might. Doesnt mean I, or others wont think it still wrong. As did many people during the hey-days of slavery!
Stop mashing things up you dumbas$. You the individual might think X is OK, but society says otherwise. And if you're caught, who wins?
If morality is relative then you can never say its wrong for everyone. Its not wrong for the slave trader or owner. One thing the moral relativist can't do is to impose her morality on someone else. It may be wrong for you but it also may be right for someone else. Such is the way of moral relativism.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3600 Jan 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
F- you, TROLL. Explained to you a dozen times already. And it isn't that hard to understand, if you are above, say, the 5th grade level.
The reality is now he's just POE'ing it...hes so not the Xtian he claims to be, nor the enlightened, educated adult either.

He's simply baiting everyone. Its hard to believe anyone is this stupid who is not on the next installment of the "Illiterate, HillBilly, White-trash Honey BooBoo show" - or of the same lineage.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3601 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If morality is relative then you can never say its wrong for everyone. Its not wrong for the slave trader or owner. One thing the moral relativist can't do is to impose her morality on someone else. It may be wrong for you but it also may be right for someone else. Such is the way of moral relativism.
How stupid are you? Really, has it been measured? Can they test in the negatives like this...?

You're mixing up individual choices and communal mores.

Some people say that being a Pimp is not immoral nor should it be illegal, but society says otherwise! Some people insist that prostitution should be made legal, I say NO way! It should remain illegal as its always immoral and as such detrimental to society and those working the trade!

Some societies say that marrying 12yo girls is not immoral - some societies say otherwise!

Don't you see the F'n difference? There are communal morals, and individuals will choose to say otherwise, and when they are caught they pay the price of their choices.

I'm done with this -

So now its your turn to prove the absolute morality of Xtianity. Lay out the argument. Lets here it. Dont just claim it, and walk away - lets see your detailed arguments.

Stop being such a dolt - and Man-up and show us Your Proofs or your absolute morality.

Do you have the courage?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3602 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If morality is relative then you can never say its wrong for everyone.
Of course you can. You Christians do it all the time! LOL
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not wrong for the slave trader or owner.
No not in their minds. Remember the Nazis we talked about? They thought they were right, we disagreed. There was a WAR, etc.?
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing the moral relativist can't do is to impose her morality on someone else. It may be wrong for you but it also may be right for someone else. Such is the way of moral relativism.
Yes, that's the situation in the world today, and always has been.

Got your mind around the changing attitude of CHristians about slavery from the past to today? Morality = relative.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3603 Jan 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Are there any "things" we as a society deem illegal, immoral, etc - that you do not agree with?
Are there?
Abortion. It may be legal but its immoral at the core. It is murder.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3604 Jan 9, 2013
Oops.

Lets hear it.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3605 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And F'n answer a direct Question!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3606 Jan 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you can. You Christians do it all the time! LOL
<quoted text>
No not in their minds. Remember the Nazis we talked about? They thought they were right, we disagreed. There was a WAR, etc.?
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the situation in the world today, and always has been.
Got your mind around the changing attitude of CHristians about slavery from the past to today? Morality = relative.
Remember I pointed out you could never show that the Nazi was wrong. In Germany it was right to murder the Jews. You only had your opinion it was wrong. When you are a moral relativist then morality is about likes and dislikes. The same as liking or not liking a particular kind of ice cream.
Same goes with slavery. Its the same kind of thing. You either like it or you don't. Each is opinion is equal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3607 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make God's killing of the innocent first-born children of Egypt murder as well?

How about God's killing of all the unborn children of pregnant women during the time of Noah's flood?
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#3608 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was influential for a very short period of time. His influence today is basically nothing except for a few nazi nut jobs. Christ on the other hand is still the most influential man in history. Even today hundreds of people are dedicated to Him. Nothing compares with His influence in history.
Virtually all of the members of the Nazi Party and military had Christian parents, were baptized Christian, went to Sunday school, attended Christian services on Sunday, heard Christian sermons, were married in Christian ceremonies and buried their dead in Christian ceremonies.

94% of Germans in the census of 1939 considered themselves either Protestant or Roman Catholic Christian. The presence of Christian teaching in Nazi Germany did absolutely nothing prevent the atrocity of Nazism. It rather aided it. The Nazi’s used the writings of Martin Luther to promote their particular brand of superiority and intolerance.

“Through his acts and his spiritual attitude he began the fight which we still wage today; with Luther the revolution of German blood and feeling against alien elements of the Volk [the people], was begun.”- Joseph Goebbels
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3609 Jan 9, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<>< <><> <>< <>< <><> <>< <>< <><> <>< <>< <><> <>< <>< <><> <>< <>< <><> <><
Evidently you see it wrong. That is not the message of the OT or the NT.
The message? Is there universal agreement (among Xtians) on the totality of the "message" of the OT, NT and/or both?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3610 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember I pointed out you could never show that the Nazi was wrong.
That's right. And NEITHER CAN YOU. You just ASSERT that they are, without proof.

All I have is my opinion (and that of other Americans, and the British and the French and the Poles, etc. etc.) that they were wrong.

On that relative basis, we went to war and kicked their asses.

In other words, we DON'T NEED AN ABSOLUTE BASIS, plus such a thing DOES NOT EXIST (except in your fevered Christian imagination).
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3611 Jan 9, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make God's killing of the innocent first-born children of Egypt murder as well?
How about God's killing of all the unborn children of pregnant women during the time of Noah's flood?
No. God is the Creator of man and owns him. He can do as He pleases. It just like with things you own. You can do anything you want with what you own.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3612 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember I pointed out you could never show that the Nazi was wrong. In Germany it was right to murder the Jews. You only had your opinion it was wrong. When you are a moral relativist then morality is about likes and dislikes. The same as liking or not liking a particular kind of ice cream.
Same goes with slavery. Its the same kind of thing. You either like it or you don't. Each is opinion is equal.
Again, its not simply about likes and dislikes. Its idiotic to even say that. Is liking dress slacks over jeans a moral choice? No, you dolt.

No body owned slaves because they liked it, it was an institution that was supported for a long time by people making a moral argument for it! Not because we like it. It was so much deeper than that you moron!
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3613 Jan 9, 2013
Folks its time we bail on this moron. He's simply behaving like a child and baiting us. He wont even come to the table and present his own Arguments, and when others present theirs he simply acts like a child and says, "No!"

Time we bail on his idiocy. He's not even trying to approach this like a thinking adult would...

Time we bail. Let him play with himself...
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#3614 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That's NOT the Q I asked now is it? Go back and re-read my Q.

I knew you'd screw it up. I wish I could lay a bet on this stuff. You're as predictable as a cold breeze on a cold day.

Man-up and try again - answer the Q I asked, not the one you wish was asked...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3615 Jan 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Again, its not simply about likes and dislikes. Its idiotic to even say that. Is liking dress slacks over jeans a moral choice? No, you dolt.
No body owned slaves because they liked it, it was an institution that was supported for a long time by people making a moral argument for it! Not because we like it. It was so much deeper than that you moron!
Of course its like "dislikes and likes" because there is no objective standard from which to compare one kind of morality with another. In moral relativity there is no such thing as an objective moral standard. Without it all you are left with is likes and dislikes. Only opinions.
I have no reason to think that many of the slave owners liked having slaves because it made them rich. The slaves were looked upon as being sub human anyway. In moral relativity you can't say this was wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questions regarding Hebrew 7 23 min Blodewedd 15
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 28 min Demon Finder 146
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 34 min Demon Finder 9,284
Dead Sea Scrolls Fail To Mention Jesus 1 hr Blodewedd 40
Design, Nowhere Evident 1 hr messianic114 251
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Demon Finder 227
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 5 hr ROG 94
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 12 hr dollarsbill 1,826
More from around the web