servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3361 Dec 31, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
A "prediction" written decades AFTER the fall of the temple.
Why do you keep disregarding that?
It's EASY to "fulfill prophecy" when you write the story AFTER the events and can easily retro-fit what was said or "predicted."
And let me guess. And then the Roman Gentile Empire (Beast) and their look-a-like church ( Mother in scarlet) who violently took the kingdom by force then go on to include the last book of coded language by foretelling their eventual demise. That was all their plan, right? Please! No smart Empire would do that unless they had no idea of how the language worked.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3362 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it were just fairy-tale then it wouldn't have predicted decades earlier of what was to come in 70 a.d.(Matthew 24:1-2) and what was to come centuries later for the Roman Gentile Empire (Beast) and it's look-a-like Church (Mother in scarlet). By the way, this also tells us Rome had no idea what they were doing when they chose the books they did. So if you think it was in their best interest to include their own demise think again. Who does that? Their worst mistake was preserving these works of coded language.
Rome was in decline long before this. NO one knows or agrees when the books of the bible were written.

According to Anatoly Fomenko,"History: Fiction or Science?" is a phenomenal and unprecedented scientific experiment since neither state-of-the-art methods of mathematical statistics nor astronomical data have ever been applied to history before.

What he found was that ALL history is a lie.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3363 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the ones burnt alive at the stack for saying the earth goes around the sun not the other way around. It was NOT common people that burnt these men to death it was the high ranking Church officials.

Nope the bible is a flat earth book through and through.

Well if you're family is European (Roman) descent,then blame them. Don't blame the prophets and Jewish people who used the four cordial points (four corners) Blame the Gentile religious and political leaders who took things out of context for their own agenda and the descendants of dummies who believed them.

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

Just to clear up another little thing.What do you mean by"Gentile"? Non Jewish or pagan or a nation of people?

Oh and don't forget 'heathen'. If you had properly read the Bible like you claim you should know it can be used to refer to all of those. But heh I guess some try to attack the Bible without actually knowing any thing about whats inside it.

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
until the nation took vengeance on their enemies.
Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in midheaven, and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

For one you have no evidence that it didn't and two as I explained earlier we also have to take into consideration that it uses different stlyes of writing.

Now if we were to go into a piece of literature today which might be based on a love story and the author uses the expression that when a character he's writing about sees a beautiful woman that "his world stopped" are we to take it literally. I'm not saying those events did or didn't happen in Joshua but when we are reading something written over 2,000 years ago we always need to take into consiration that it could be using expressions, lost phrases, and colloquialisms used in it's day.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3364 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome was in decline long before this. NO one knows or agrees when the books of the bible were written.

No ish sherlock, which should tell you they were written before its decline.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3365 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way this is also a prophecy concerning what was going to happen during those famous councils of myths 300 years later. What? Rome was telling on themselves and what they where going to do to suite their own desires, which was re-uniting their crumbling Empire? Please!

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Ecu...

-----2 TIMOTHY 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

----- 1 TIMOTHY 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and doctrines of devils. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people (men)to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3366 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you're family is European (Roman) descent,then blame them. Don't blame the prophets and Jewish people who used the four cordial points (four corners) Blame the Gentile religious and political leaders who took things out of context for their own agenda and the descendants of dummies who believed them.
<quoted text>
Oh and don't forget 'heathen'. If you had properly read the Bible like you claim you should know it can be used to refer to all of those. But heh I guess some try to attack the Bible without actually knowing any thing about whats inside it.
<quoted text>
For one you have no evidence that it didn't and two as I explained earlier we also have to take into consideration that it uses different stlyes of writing.
Now if we were to go into a piece of literature today which might be based on a love story and the author uses the expression that when a character he's writing about sees a beautiful woman that "his world stopped" are we to take it literally. I'm not saying those events did or didn't happen in Joshua but when we are reading something written over 2,000 years ago we always need to take into consiration that it could be using expressions, lost phrases, and colloquialisms used in it's day.
When Jesus was said to heal a blind man I see that the same way as the world stopping for a man over a beautiful woman. It is literature not real. Did trumpets bring the walls of Jericho down? NO!!! it's literature. Did Adam give names to ALL the earths life? NO it's literature. Was the a garden of Eden? NOPE again just literature.

The bible is not to be taken literally NONE of it!!!
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3367 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

continued : and the word 'food' can also be used to describe teachings of the Bible ,which if we read the chapter right before 1 timothy 4 we see Rome has ignored these teachings concerning men of God to marry.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3368 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus was said to heal a blind man I see that the same way as the world stopping for a man over a beautiful woman. It is literature not real. Did trumpets bring the walls of Jericho down? NO!!! it's literature. Did Adam give names to ALL the earths life? NO it's literature. Was the a garden of Eden? NOPE again just literature.
The bible is not to be taken literally NONE of it!!!

No because as I showed you it has the ability to foretell fututre events. It is what separates the Bible from all the other religious and philosophical written works floating around the world. There are plenty of religious and philosophical books that make claims about leading you to God, or preparing you for an afterlife, or even how to live this life successfully but the Bible is the only written document in the world that has already proven it has the unique ability to foretell the future. This ability separates the Bible from all other books. It is the reason that Christianity is the only worldwide belief practiced in every country on the globe, and a following outnumbering all other religions combined.

The prophecies contained in the Bible have been paramount in proving to each succeeding generation that it is really a message from God sent to us on the backs of many thousands of Prophets. It is all those succeeding generations, since the cross, who have taught their own families to trust in the One and Only God of the Bible. Even though most of their descendants have forgotten or lost touch with the original prophecies that once served to make believers of their own forefathers, they still cling to that belief. This is why most Christians today do not know about the Bible’s most potent power, and why they seem to be fringe believers that were born into their religion as opposed to people who have chosen it for themselves. Add to this, thriving groups who have set themselves up as adversaries, who have inherited lies and unknowingly carry-on the business of deception their forefathers began, and you have a Christianity waning and waxing, heaving to and fro under the strong winds of deception, which cannot fulfill the promises made to the children of God in the Bible. Yet, the Bible predicted this would be the exact result of our world today, which is steeped in the love of money (2 TIMOTHY 3:1-6), because buying and selling would consume each waking moment of everyone on earth. The Bible foretold that the Human Race would one day exchange the love of God for the love of money . A time when the decedents of deceitful religious rulers would be teaching the children of God that the Christ would be here or there, or in the desert or in a secret room. Even though the Christ taught you not to believe those reports (ex. MATTHEW 24:23 ). A time when deceitful men are going beyond what's already written and are teaching God’s children that the Christ is coming back as a human being. This is the teaching falling from every preacher’s lips, and being accepted by the children of God because they rather love money than God.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3369 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
No because as I showed you it has the ability to foretell fututre events. It is what separates the Bible from all the other religious and philosophical written works floating around the world. There are plenty of religious and philosophical books that make claims about leading you to God, or preparing you for an afterlife, or even how to live this life successfully but the Bible is the only written document in the world that has already proven it has the unique ability to foretell the future. This ability separates the Bible from all other books. It is the reason that Christianity is the only worldwide belief practiced in every country on the globe, and a following outnumbering all other religions combined.
The prophecies contained in the Bible have been paramount in proving to each succeeding generation that it is really a message from God sent to us on the backs of many thousands of Prophets. It is all those succeeding generations, since the cross, who have taught their own families to trust in the One and Only God of the Bible. Even though most of their descendants have forgotten or lost touch with the original prophecies that once served to make believers of their own forefathers, they still cling to that belief. This is why most Christians today do not know about the Bible’s most potent power, and why they seem to be fringe believers that were born into their religion as opposed to people who have chosen it for themselves. Add to this, thriving groups who have set themselves up as adversaries, who have inherited lies and unknowingly carry-on the business of deception their forefathers began, and you have a Christianity waning and waxing, heaving to and fro under the strong winds of deception, which cannot fulfill the promises made to the children of God in the Bible. Yet, the Bible predicted this would be the exact result of our world today, which is steeped in the love of money (2 TIMOTHY 3:1-6), because buying and selling would consume each waking moment of everyone on earth. The Bible foretold that the Human Race would one day exchange the love of God for the love of money . A time when the decedents of deceitful religious rulers would be teaching the children of God that the Christ would be here or there, or in the desert or in a secret room. Even though the Christ taught you not to believe those reports (ex. MATTHEW 24:23 ). A time when deceitful men are going beyond what's already written and are teaching God’s children that the Christ is coming back as a human being. This is the teaching falling from every preacher’s lips, and being accepted by the children of God because they rather love money than God.
Cool, so you believe in the future writings of Nostradamus then.Right?
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3370 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, so you believe in the future writings of Nostradamus then.Right?

Nope because we have historical documents showing the Bible's ability but you have yet to prove anything.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3371 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

And like I tell most Atheists who are parents. I don't care if you don't believe the Bible or it's ability. That's their problem. But if they don't start reading the Bible for themselves to at least get a handle on what the Bible is actually saying then remember, you're leaving your children and the generations after them unknowledgeable(lost) in the hands of today's 1,200 wacky religious institutions who oppose themselves (2 Timothy 2:24-26) and whose ministers are unknowingly or knowingly being misled by Satan ( 2 Corinthians 11:13-15) thru their thoughts (2 Corinthians 11:3). The entire purpose of having a written record (the Bible) to confer with is so we can circumnavigate the descendants of decietful relgious leaders who are only interested in preserving their very own particula brands of Christianity (Ephesians 4:14).

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."---2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3372 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we're not on the same page. Not until you admit that you can't go into a biology book looking to see find answers to where the battle of Gettysburgs was fought or languge used to describe a battle. They're just not written the same. Doesn't mean both aren't telling the truth it just means someone hasn't learned how to read literature.
I know how to read literature and know fiction when I see it.

I've read 28 of the books on wiki's list of the greatest 100 books all time and I think my Spanish is up to speed so my New Year's resolution is to read 'Don Quijote de la Mancha' by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. I know it's not a monumental resolution and shouldn't take more than a couple weeks. At least it's something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_Best_Boo...

Fun fact: I did make a New Years Resolutiion several years ago to read forty pages a day and besides completing that ended up with a working knowledge of Spanish and a Civil Engineering degree and some high tech stuff. One of those 'one thing leads to another' kinds of things.

I see '100 Years of Solitude' is on that list and I know there's a copy kicking around here somewhere.

Other fun fact: Don Quijote is six years older than King James Bible.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3373 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to read literature and know fiction when I see it.
I've read 28 of the books on wiki's list of the greatest 100 books all time and I think my Spanish is up to speed so my New Year's resolution is to read 'Don Quijote de la Mancha' by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. I know it's not a monumental resolution and shouldn't take more than a couple weeks. At least it's something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_Best_Boo...
Fun fact: I did make a New Years Resolutiion several years ago to read forty pages a day and besides completing that ended up with a working knowledge of Spanish and a Civil Engineering degree and some high tech stuff. One of those 'one thing leads to another' kinds of things.
I see '100 Years of Solitude' is on that list and I know there's a copy kicking around here somewhere.
Other fun fact: Don Quijote is six years older than King James Bible.

Well congratulations. You've joined the club of all those Biblical scholars and religious leaders who were only ever interested in titles for the last 2,000 years. Don't worry though, that's a big club who still can't come to some sort of an agreement on one book. As if like all other books there is no narrative thread running through Bible to bring us to one truth ---gospel (Galatians 1:6-10). Do you think it could be due to their own personal agendas as to why they are blind. I'd say so.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3374 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well congratulations. You've joined the club of all those Biblical scholars and religious leaders who were only ever interested in titles for the last 2,000 years. Don't worry though, that's a big club who still can't come to some sort of an agreement on one book. As if like all other books there is no narrative thread running through Bible to bring us to one truth ---gospel (Galatians 1:6-10). Do you think it could be due to their own personal agendas as to why they are blind. I'd say so.
You got called out on your bullshít so you changed the subject.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3375 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You got called out on your bullshít so you changed the subject.

LOL....yeaaah. Better go back and read all of what I posted today and compare them to the little argument you're trying to use to say the Bible is invalid.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3376 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>

Hitchens would be disappointed in you my friend....lol

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3377 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>

Here you can start by reading these I posted to Jamariquo earlier and comparing it to little bit of evidence you've shown us today concerning the validity of the Bible.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

and If you want and go back even further

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3378 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>

between Jammercolo and others

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3379 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>

Here 15th Lama....You can start by reading these I posted to Jamariquo earlier and comparing it to little bit of evidence you've shown us today concerning the validity of the Bible.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

and If you want and go back even further

You'll notice the skeptics and atheists never have any evidence, just claims they heard from other men's commentaries in opionated books. They particularly like using false doctrines they've heard thru the grapevine of today's false preachers ( who they even claim to hate) as their excuse as to why they think God and his word are invalid instead of actually investigating it and seeing the evidence in the Bible for themselves which would also lead them to exposing their teachers.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3380 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope because we have historical documents showing the Bible's ability but you have yet to prove anything.
Nostradamus has all that historical documents showing he been right as much if not more then bible as does the Koran and many other books of faith. Why hold your self to just one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother Mary? 3 min dollarsbill 146
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 8 min dollarsbill 836
The post count of Dollarsbill 13 min dollarsbill 1,591
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 16 min dollarsbill 5,335
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 22 min no-one-special 2,999
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 25 min dollarsbill 3,746
Is the Earth flat? Is it a globe? 28 min Why 127
More from around the web